Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

FYI, when trying to tag me, make sure you pick the right P-47 Thunderbolt. Due to, I think, some shenanigans between the forum and my internet, there are four other P-47s who spontaneously popped into existence on the 20th. How? I have no idea. But it won't notify me unless you select the correct one. They all have exactly the same name, so you have to pick based on the avatar.

Hale:
Maneuver: Aim
Second Maneuver (2 Strain): Aim
Action: Toss a Stun Grenade: Absolutely stunning! : 2eP+1eA+2eB+1eC+1eS 2 successes, 5 advantage
p-s-a.png p-s-a.png a-s-a.png b--.png b-a-a.png c-f.png s--.png

That's 10 Stun Damage. I'll trigger Disorient 3 for 2, and that leaves another 3. Hmm... May I use the 3 Advantage to take it further from its destination (such as making it fall off the ceiling), requiring that it take an additional Maneuver to get to where it's trying to go?

Otherwise, Boost to next, and then I'd spend the last 2 Advantage to pass Drogos a Boost.

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Hmm... May I use the 3 Advantage to take it further from its destination (such as making it fall off the ceiling), requiring that it take an additional Maneuver to get to where it's trying to go?

Sure! It drops from the ceiling, and may be considered prone.

profile/avatar hinkiness noted.

Banshee squad:
Maneuver: Aim
Action: Auto-Fire: KILL IT!!! : 1eP+2eA+2eB+1eC+1eS 0 successes, 3 advantage
p-s-s.png a--.png a-s-a.png b--.png b-a-a.png c-f-f.png s-f.png

Oh, so close. If only one of those Advantage was a success, we'd be talking two hits for 11 damage each.

1 Advantage for Suppressing Fire, inflicting 2 Strain on the creature, and 2 Advantage to pass a Setback onto it.

In reference to the whole "flipping itself upright" thing, I'm trying to account for stuff happening simultaneously, keep the action flowing, and narratively justify why they could miss a sitting target. It hasn't actually moved yet mechanically.

Just a reminder, Suppressing Fire applies to all allies within Short range of Hale and allows them to spend 1 Advantage to inflict 2 Strain on the target.

Edit for clarification: On a failed combat check.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

I'd like to move over to Luks and treat the critical hit he got if possible.

Maybe flipping a DP for having anti-venom for these creatures, so I can narratively treat it? (I stocked up after hearing from Dr. Vos, just in case - playing in the earlier Triumph)

11 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

I'd like to move over to Luks and treat the critical hit he got if possible.

Maybe flipping a DP for having anti-venom for these creatures, so I can narratively treat it? (I stocked up after hearing from Dr. Vos, just in case - playing in the earlier Triumph)

It’s an Average Crit, so 2 Difficulty. If successful, the condition will go away next round (but will remain in effect for the current round).

For the Destiny flip, the antivenin will basically act as a Stim application to add an Ability die to Den’s Resilience check... which I have not covered yet!

@Rabobankrider Make a Hard Resilience check please!

@Rimsen Note the chesthugger did not actually penetrate the helmet, but rather an appendage or proboscis got up under it, between it and the breastplate.

So where is Briar relative to everything, and what can she see? I would assume that she would be towards the back of the group?

13 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

So where is Briar relative to everything, and what can she see? I would assume that she would be towards the back of the group?

The task force is inside the operating theater, the death troopers still out in the hall. The xenomorph jumped on Den, then up to the ceiling, and skittered out into the hall. Hale stunned it, and it dropped down from the ceiling.

Briar, near the entrance by the hall, would be Short range.

Never before has Den been more upset, I want you to know this. Rebels yes, acid spitting spider monsters no.

Den Resilience Check : 1eP+2eA+3eD 0 successes, 2 threat
p-a.png a-a.png a-s.png d-th.png d-f-th.png d-th-th.png

Assuming that the resilience won't stop him from shooting, Den would like to deal with the crustacean Den Combat Check : 3eP+1eC 3 successes, 1 advantage
p-s.png p-s-s.png p-s-a.png c-f.png

Also sorry @Rimsen , Den doesn't like giant spider-crab-parasites and it's put him in a funk.

Edited by Rabobankrider
2 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Assuming that the resilience won't stop him from shooting, Den would like to deal with the crustacean Den Combat Check : 3eP+1eC 3 successes, 1 advantage

It has a Setback from Defense, I believe.

Not that it'll save it. :D

Missed Setback Dice : 1eS 0 successes
s--.png Just incase

4 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Never before has Den been more upset, I want you to know this. Rebels yes, acid spitting spider monsters no.

Den Resilience Check : 1eP+2eA+3eD 0 successes, 2 threat
p-a.png a-a.png a-s.png d-th.png d-f-th.png d-th-th.png

Also sorry @Rimsen , Den doesn't like giant spider-crab-parasites and it's put him in a funk.

No offense taken, it was hilarious :D I respect Den's decision so no pokey-pokey this time.

Expect Evon's retalitory answer though. :P

Edited by Rimsen

Criminey, this is turning into CoC. We're all gonna be making Sanity checks soon...

The creature crawls a few more steps, then falls over. After a few twitches, it lay motionless.

Of course, it is not entirely clear whether the Doctor’s injection worked, the stun grenade, or the disruptor. Likely a combination.

@Imperial Stormtrooper Make a Hard Xenology or Outer Rim check please.

Knowledge (Outer Rim) : 2eP+2eA+3eD 2 failures, 4 advantage
p-a.png p-a-a.png a-a-a.png a-a.png d-f.png d-th-th.png d-f.png

Nope, no idea. Not really sure what the advantage could be used for in this case either.

33 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Knowledge (Outer Rim) : Nope, no idea. Not really sure what the advantage could be used for in this case either.

Go ahead and recover 2 Strain.

You can also pass a Boost to Hawk, if he wants to make the check. With his field experience in Medicine, that skill could be used. @Barbaross41

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Go ahead and recover 2 Strain.

You can also pass a Boost to Hawk, if he wants to make the check. With his field experience in Medicine, that skill could be used. @Barbaross41

Sounds good.

Unless anyone tries to physically stop him, can Den go and just disintegrate this crab thing?

3 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Unless anyone tries to physically stop him, can Den go and just disintegrate this crab thing?

Just keep in mind that the T-7 is Slow-Firing.

Well his got his pistol, the butt of the rifle, **** he has his boot if needed. If it's not moving he'd like to just blast it with the pistol a bunch of times. He's watched a lot of horror holo-vids and he knows not to make the stupid mistakes 😛

22 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Well his got his pistol, the butt of the rifle, **** he has his boot if needed. If it's not moving he'd like to just blast it with the pistol a bunch of times. He's watched a lot of horror holo-vids and he knows not to make the stupid mistakes 😛

I’ll flip a dark side Destiny Point just to read the IC. Go for it.

Evil GM cackle. Guess they’ll just need to find another one to study, hah hah hahhh!

17 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Go ahead and make a Hard Medicine check, with a Boost, please.

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Go ahead and make a Hard Medicine check, with a Boost, please.

Den could also make this check, with his training in field medicine- and it is relevant to his intended actions. For Den, it will be with 1 Setback added, because he may not be thinking entirely rationally at the moment.

Edit to add: I think I may have failed to give you the actual results for the failed resilience check, which would be 5 Strain (ignoring soak).

@Rabobankrider

Edited by Edgehawk

Fix Xenomorph Damage : 3eP+1eA+1eB+3eD 1 failure, 1 advantage
p--.png p-s-a.png p--.png a-a.png b-a-a.png d-th-th.png d-f-th.png d-f.png

2 Ranks of surgeon mean he heals 2 Wounds