Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:May I repeatedly blast it until it stops moving? Any sort of initiative or just: "RAAAHHH" PEWPEWPEWPEW--PEWPEW... PEW PEW. :D

No initiative. Rah-pew is fine.

2 hours ago, SithArissa said:

Cani comes in and guns everyone down with a turbolaser. The End.

I know I wasn't playing very long but its still a shame to see it end like this. Thank you @Edgehawk and the other players.

FOR THE EMPIRE.

Should you feel any desire to rejoin for the finish, you are welcome to do so. Either way, thanks for playing!

Happy Holidays! Please accept 40xp, which may be spent immediately.

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Merry Christmas to you, all!

Thanks, will do :D

4 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Woo! Merry Christmas. :D

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! So is the crab thing still moving after Hale shoots it, or did that do it?

1 hour ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Merry Christmas! So is the crab thing still moving after Hale shoots it, or did that do it?

It looks like that did it.. but then, it looked like that previously.

Could a knowledge Xenology check reveal if it's really dead?

6 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Could a knowledge Xenology check reveal if it's really dead?

Average Xenology, with a Boost from Evon.

Knowledge (Xenology) : 1eP+3eA+1eB+2eD 3 successes, 4 advantage
p-a-a.png a-a-a.png a-s-a.png a-s.png b-s.png d-th.png d--.png

Nice. Can I use 2 advantage to give a boost to interacting with the astromech, or does it have to be more directly related? Other 2 advantage to recover 2 strain. Also, not high priority but Briar could use some healing 5/14 wounds.

I handed out 5 stimpacks to Hawk, to use in on the team. I figure you can have one. Though haven't seen him react to it.

12 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Knowledge (Xenology) : 1eP+3eA+1eB+2eD 3 successes, 4 advantage
p-a-a.png a-a-a.png a-s-a.png a-s.png b-s.png d-th.png d--.png

Nice. Can I use 2 advantage to give a boost to interacting with the astromech, or does it have to be more directly related? Other 2 advantage to recover 2 strain. Also, not high priority but Briar could use some healing 5/14 wounds.

You can Boost your interaction with the astromech.

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

You can Boost your interaction with the astromech.

So what do I know from the successful check?

Merry Christmas all, hope you had a good one! :)

i am going to assume that Drogos is on the ship for this one, as I narrated him leaving.

Alright, I'm finally getting down to spending the XP for Hale, and since we're up against the end of the campaign, I'm wondering if it's worth it to pick up Deadly Accuracy so I need to clarify what we're doing.

We're going up top to seal in the creatures and resupply/rearm/recover (rearming in more ways than one in Hale's case) before coming back down, right? If so, he'll be bringing along his Z-6 and I'll pick up Deadly Accuracy.

I had noble intentions of picking this back up after the holidays, but honestly, my heart just is not in it. And I doubt I can provide much in the way of closure, in the few short weeks before the forum shuts down. Would you, my gaming friends, forgive me if I throw in the towel? Or will I need to look over my shoulder for pitchforks and torches?

Yeah, I understand. It's okay. Thank you for GMing these last couple years, it was fun.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

On 12/23/2020 at 11:13 AM, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

On a somewhat of a tangent I love 5e, its my favorite system to run

Do you have any experience with 5e PBPs? Does the system lend itself reasonably well to PBP format, or not so much?

Thanks for running this game, it was lots of fun.

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Do you have any experience with 5e PBPs? Does the system lend itself reasonably well to PBP format, or not so much?

I haven't tried running a 5e PBP, I guess it depends on how much combat you'd want to have, I've found that combat can really slow down a PBP. One thing I will say in terms of combat, is that if everyone knows the system and what you can do in combat it can go faster than combat in other systems. The only thing that I can think of that might be a significant problem for making a 5e PBP is that if you want to use the grid maps you'd probably have to find some website to either run that or hold it.

Thank you @Edgehawk for including me, it was great!

Also, thank you all guys and gals for welcoming the doctor in the fray! :)

Cheers for all!

I think 5e works just as well for pbp, but you may need images for maps etc depending on how precise your players are as it works in ft rather than the abstract range bands of this system.

^ What he said.

On 1/6/2021 at 3:10 PM, Edgehawk said:

You can do 5e well enough in PbP but the two things that are really going to sting is the more defined placement of characters and combat though I don't think Combat would be all that much slower than SW FFG.