Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Cool, I'll flip a dp as well: Den Coercion Check : 1eP+1eA+1eB+2eD 2 successes, 1 threat
p-a.png a-s.png b-s-a.png d-th.png d-th-th.png Could be worse.

Would Briar know something important going on in the outer rim or underworld that he wouldn't know anything about, and wouldn't effect any Imperial mission?

4 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Would Briar know something important going on in the outer rim or underworld that he wouldn't know anything about, and wouldn't effect any Imperial mission?

Briar may well have some useful intel that would not effect Imperial ops. Outer Rim or Underworld could work (your choice). Average Check w/ 1 Boost and 1 Setback (Boost because Briar has been perusing reports on the areas she's passing through and heading to; Setback because Kresen has already heard many stories).

I rolled Outer Rim

Info for Trade : 2eP+2eA+1eB+2eD+1eS 4 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-s.png p-s-a.png a-s-s.png a--.png b-a.png d--.png d-th.png s-f.png

Would I be correct in assuming that this is a check which the 4 successes will matter, or was it just the success that mattered?

Mechanics check on this wiring?

2 hours ago, SithArissa said:

Mechanics check on this wiring?

Average check, but 2 Setback for the shuttle's age and the job requiring a creative solution. Narrate a creative fix and you can give yourself a Boost as well.

17 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I rolled Outer Rim

Would I be correct in assuming that this is a check which the 4 successes will matter, or was it just the success that mattered?

That is correct, though the specific nature of the information (not related to your missions) means it will be of limited use to you. You may share the information yourself if you wish to introduce your own elements into the story. If not, I will post... probably early tomorrow morning.

So can I make a perception check to see if Briar notices anyone following us, after the group was "noticed" by Cahnce.

Also can I spend the 10 XP we got now, or do I have to wait?

2 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

So can I make a perception check to see if Briar notices anyone following us, after the group was "noticed" by Cahnce.

Also can I spend the 10 XP we got now, or do I have to wait?

You can make an Easy Perception check, and also spend the XP now if you wish.

Perception : 1eP+2eA+1eD 1 success, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png a-a.png a-a.png d-th.png

Also, I'm going to spend the 10 XP on Know the Enemy from Imperial Cadet.

: 1eB+2eP+2eA+2eD+2eS 7 successes, 1 threat
b-a.png p-s-s.png p-s-s.png a-s.png a-s-s.png d--.png d-th.png s-th.png s--.png

Gonna use Eye for Detail, suffer one strain to convert a success into an advantage to make it 6 success total no threat. Will get a IC post up when I have more time.

@Edgehawk , I'm assuming the door to the wookies is locked (I'm also assuming just whacking it with a pistol handle won't work like in the movies :p), if that is the case what check would it take to crack the lock?

32 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , I'm assuming the door to the wookies is locked (I'm also assuming just whacking it with a pistol handle won't work like in the movies :p), if that is the case what check would it take to crack the lock?

It has a keypad lock. Average Computers, or Average Skullduggery with a Setback. Daunting Brawn with a Boost (door is primarily designed to prevent egress from within) and a Setback.

@Edgehawk Is there a way to tell if it is the same Wookiees, or does the door have to be opened first?

4 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

@Edgehawk Is there a way to tell if it is the same Wookiees, or does the door have to be opened first?

Personally, I think it would be pretty unlikely that any of you could distinguish one group of wookiees from another, by hearing them through a door... If someone wants to try, let's say Hard Perception with 2 Setback.

I can make the mechanics check, unless @Imperial Stormtrooper would rather have Briar use computers? (Potentially less evidence of tampering?)

@Edgehawk would you want me to flip a dp to have my toolkit with me to make the check, or is that reflected in the setback?

I think Den will be letting someone else take a crack at the door, this isn't really his strong point.

26 minutes ago, oneeyedmatt87 said:

I can make the mechanics check, unless @Imperial Stormtrooper would rather have Briar use computers? (Potentially less evidence of tampering?)

@Edgehawk would you want me to flip a dp to have my toolkit with me to make the check, or is that reflected in the setback?

I gave Computers or Skullduggery as options; Mechanics... mechanically would be accomplished similarly to Skullduggery, but so as not to render the aforementioned talent irrelevant... Hard Mechanics with 2 Setback (including lack of tools); Since Castar is a scavenger, I will permit a destiny flip to find something to help that can negate the second Setback, if you wish.

27 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

I think Den will be letting someone else take a crack at the door, this isn't really his strong point.

Ranged light could work, thematically, but would quite likely draw immediate unwanted attention.

I think he'll use that as a last resort, we've come to far to get defeated by a door.

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

I gave Computers or Skullduggery as options; Mechanics... mechanically would be accomplished similarly to Skullduggery, but so as not to render the aforementioned talent irrelevant... Hard Mechanics with 2 Setback (including lack of tools); Since Castar is a scavenger, I will permit a destiny flip to find something to help that can negate the second Setback, if you wish.

Ranged light could work, thematically, but would quite likely draw immediate unwanted attention.

Whoops, my apologies @Edgehawk I honestly misread, wasn't trying to game the system. Well Castar's skullduggery is not so hot, Briar would be better off with the computers check.

I don't think Briar would have taken enough of an interest in the Wookiees to tell if they were the same ones.

So I guess we'll have to open the door...

Computers Check.

A Door... The greatest of all foes. : 2eP+2eA+2eD 1 success, 2 advantage
p-a-a.png p-s.png a-s-s.png a-a.png d-th.png d-f-f.png

Oh, I forgot to ask if Kresen was still watching. If he is can the advantage be that he doesn't notice or it looks like Briar is just entering the correct code?

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper
32 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Oh, I forgot to ask if Kresen was still watching. If he is can the advantage be that he doesn't notice or it looks like Briar is just entering  the correct code? 

Kresen does not stick around, so the 2 Advantage may be spent in another fashion. I'll post tomorrow.

1 hour ago, oneeyedmatt87 said:

Whoops, my apologies @Edgehawk I honestly misread, wasn't trying to game the system. Well Castar's skullduggery is not so hot, Briar would be better off with the computers check.

No worries!

Intiative (Warfare) : 1eP+3eA+1eB 3 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png a-s.png a-a.png a-s.png b--.png

Initative Check : 2eA 2 successes
a-s.png a-s.png