Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Are we waiting for someone?

2 hours ago, player3333902 said:

Are we waiting for someone?

@oneeyedmatt87 should be joining us. It's finals week, and I am not going to really progress the story much until sometime next week, but I'll get another post up soon.

I am borrowing elements from Mask of the Pirate Queen , but don't worry if you are familiar with the adventure. The "surprises" from the published module will either be known (through intelligence) or just flat out different. And the encounters will be mostly my own.

@oneeyedmatt87 You still good? I'd like to get things rolling this week, if everyone's on board.

10 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

@oneeyedmatt87 You still good? I'd like to get things rolling this week, if everyone's on board.

Absolutely!

My apologies and many thanks for your kind patience. Just gave my last presentation this morning so I'll be available to post for the foreseeable future. I'll review the IC Thread, make that vigilance roll and make a post.

Vigilance : 1eP+1eA 0 successes, 1 advantage
p-a.png a--.png

I guess Castar doesn't notice much. :(

Destiny : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

Also, the Dark side is with us... are we reversing the light/dark destiny points in this game? I felt we were going towards Lawful Neutral rather than Full Evil. But I'm fine either way.

@oneeyedmatt87 An opposed check is required to escape the garrote. Either Brawl vs 2eC, or Coordination vs 2eD+1eC+1eS. You may try to escape as your free maneuver, should you wish.

Edited by Edgehawk
(Challenge)
9 hours ago, oneeyedmatt87 said:

Also, the Dark side is with us... are we reversing the light/dark destiny points in this game? I felt we were going towards Lawful Neutral rather than Full Evil. But I'm fine either way. :(

Just spend Destiny pips in the standard fashion (players=Light, gm=Dark). Same goes for your force user, @player3333902 .

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

@oneeyedmatt87 An opposed check is required to escape the garrote. Either Brawl vs 2eC, or Coordination vs 2eD+1eP+1eS. You may try to escape as your free maneuver, should you wish.

Hey Edge, did you mean 2eD+1eC+1eS on that coordination check? Or did you mean to give me an extra yellow die?

Not that I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth or anything...

31 minutes ago, oneeyedmatt87 said:

Hey Edge, did you mean 2eD+1eC+1eS on that coordination check? Or did you mean to give me an extra yellow die?

Not that I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth or anything...

Yes, sorry. 2eD+1eC. Go ahead and remove the Setback, for the confusion, if you go with Coordination.

Slipping the garrote : 3eA+1eC+2eD 0 successes, 2 threat
a-s.png a-s.png a--.png c-f-f.png d-th.png d-th.png

While he may not be the most vigilant, we can also tell he is not the most coordinated.

So the free maneuver is gone. Is there anything else he can do (IE is his gun or knife in range) or is he reduced to gasping for air until next round? Let me know an I can narrate it either way.

You still have a Maneuver and an Action. Since I'm just throwing you into this situation, consider your weapons within reasonable reach (You may grab your weapon of choice, and attack).

Shooting at Assassin : 1eP+2eA+2eD 4 successes
p-s-a.png a-s-s.png a-s-s.png d-th.png d-f.png

Looks like Castar can shoot behind himself point blank, if nothing else.

8 damage before soak.

@Edgehawk here's the resilience check you asked for. Sorry for the delay. Today does not appear to be Castar's day for making checks...

Average Resilience : 2eA+2eD 2 failures, 3 advantage
a-a-a.png a-a-a.png d-f-th.png d-f.png

Sorry, I was a little confused by your description. You said "you are ensnared for this round... but his next check failed and you are free!"

Ensnared means I'm just immobilized right? So I can't make maneuvers but I can still shoot or make some other action (Not that I would know what to do in a small dorm style room)?

Hey @oneeyedmatt87 , Sorry for taking further player agency from you, in this situation- and the confusion. You are correct about Ensnare, and if Castar's response is to shoot, rather than try to escape... I'm going to reinstate your previous attack roll. It should certainly be your choice, not my directive. So.. your assailant takes more damage. Unfortunately, your failed Resilience check means you take 5 Wounds, as well (the vibrodagger attack was laced with a neurotoxin). How would you like to spend your 3 Advantage?

The assassin's failed attack was from the round following these actions, so you're up again.

Edited by Edgehawk
4 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Hey @oneeyedmatt87 , Sorry for taking further player agency from you, in this situation- and the confusion. You are correct about Ensnare, and if Castar's response is to shoot, rather than try to escape... I'm going to reinstate your previous attack roll. It should certainly be your choice, not my directive. So.. your assailant takes more damage. Unfortunately, your failed Resilience check means you take 5 Wounds, as well (the vibrodagger attack was laced with a neurotoxin). How would you like to spend your 3 Advantage?

The assassin's failed attack was from the round following these actions, so you're up again.

No apologies needed. I was just confused. I figured you were going somewhere with it (and not to kill my PC in the first encounter of the game) :) As the permanent GM in these parts, I'm just happy to be playing

So now Castar's free and in the room with the assassin with the doors closed. I'm assuming the assassin is between Castar and the door? Is it possible to use something in the room to try to incapacitate the assassin? Or to maneuver around him and make a running break for the hallway? Trip an alarm?

Sorry, I'm just trying to do something more interesting than "Aim and keep putting lasers into the guy", though I'm certainly happy to do so, seeing as it's been the only thing Castar has been successful at...

The sparsely furnished stateroom offers little that would be of use (certainly nothing that would make a more effective weapon than the blaster in hand). Hmm.. Maybe your space shaving cream is still out, from when you were sprucing yourself up for the executive building briefing? (ranged-light w/ 1 Setback, Success blinds assassin for 1 round, Advantage may extend duration).

Maneuvering around the assassin will require an opposed Brawl check (vs. 2 Challenge dice). You could Aim once, or twice even (suffering 2 Strain, of course), just narrate it accordingly.

Castar would know that the stateroom door is designed to "fail open," from the inside, and also be aware of the right location to aim for on the panel. A successful called shot (Aim variation with 2 Setback) would open the door and essentially jam it open. A second Aim (2 Strain) could reduce this to 1 Setback.

There is no alarm to sound inside the stateroom, but you would have access to a comlink. @oneeyedmatt87

Edited by Edgehawk

Can v help out by maybe sensing his distress? Do i need the force power for that...? I think i do right? :P

Are we all outside the briefing room now? And would there be a way for us to raise the alarm if we chose to?

25 minutes ago, btmaja said:

Are we all outside the briefing room now? And would there be a way for us to raise the alarm if we chose to?

Yes. En route to the driver's room, when you hear him on the com. You may call it in to security. An Average Leadership check with 1 Setback will convince them to lock down the area immediately.

@Edgehawk , would there be an athletics check for Den to try and rush for the room where the attack is happening?

[deleted]

Edited by Rabobankrider
24 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , would there be an athletics check for Den to try and rush for the room where the attack is happening?

Hard Athletics to reach the room in 3 rounds (fight scene structured time); or Daunting check to arrive in 2 rounds.