Wow, there is more :

150996.jpg 150997.jpg s-l300.jpg SSB25.jpg s-l300.jpg

What's this? A Poor Man's X-Wing?

Edited by Odanan
1 hour ago, Odanan said:

Wow, there is more :

Nah, it's a WotC random contents miniatures game. If anything, X-wing is a poor man's version of Starship Battles!

1 hour ago, AceDogbert said:

If anything, X-wing is a poor man's version of Starship Battles!

Heh. Based on the $$ I've dropped on X-Wing over the past few months, it's kinda funny to think of it in terms of a "poor man's" anything . 😎 🍺

44 minutes ago, Spinland said:

Heh. Based on the $$ I've dropped on X-Wing over the past few months, it's kinda funny to think of it in terms of a "poor man's" anything . 😎 🍺

Now imagine how much more you would have dropped if contents of the expansions you purchased were random. Chief reason why I never touched WotC's Star Wars mini games.

I had a good number of the WotC content. A huge mistake honestly. The game was pretty garbage rule wise, a weird off shoot of their ground based minis game which wasn't as awful. Game technically was more like Armada. The 'starter/box' set had a Viscount Star Defender and an Executor Star Destroyer which were kinda cool. Had ships going all the way through the scales. The minis were trash, usually bent, botchy paint, etc.

4 minutes ago, ForceSensitive said:

I had a good number of the WotC content. A huge mistake honestly. The game was pretty garbage rule wise, a weird off shoot of their ground based minis game which wasn't as awful. Game technically was more like Armada. The 'starter/box' set had a Viscount Star Defender and an Executor Star Destroyer which were kinda cool. Had ships going all the way through the scales. The minis were trash, usually bent, botchy paint, etc.

I still have tons of those models myself.

15 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Now imagine how much more you would have dropped if contents of the expansions you purchased were random.

Fair point! 🍻

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

Now imagine how much more you would have dropped if contents of the expansions you purchased were random. Chief reason why I never touched WotC's Star Wars mini games.

You are leaving out the fact that there were common, uncommon, rare and super rare pieces. I played the game with characters instead of ships and there is no telling how much I spent trying to pull the super rare Fett out of one set. In hindsight it would have been much more economical to spend the $75 and buy him off eBay. 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Vykk Draygo said:

You are leaving out the fact that there were common, uncommon, rare and super rare pieces. I played the game with characters instead of ships and there is no telling how much I spent trying to pull the super rare Fett out of one set. In hindsight it would have been much more economical to spend the $75 and buy him off eBay. 🤷‍♂️

🤨 I thought that was just general knowledge about how random pack contents are usually set up? WotC took their MtG "rng" distribution system and applied it to their miniatures games. It's basically a Gatcha(sp)/lootbox style distribution system that predates the internet by a couple of decades at least. Oldest I can think of offhand that used the system are the muscle/mighty men and beastmen (the ones with the thermal activated ro-sham-bo stickers, my favorite was a squirrel) toy series' from the 70s and 80s. Likely predates that even.

Edited by Hiemfire

Kallus have just been announced for Legion. Maybe something will come out this week !

Edit: Lando also just have been officially announced

Is it me or the articles seems to have a taste of AMG with the font used in the pictures, and naming the nomber of cards included ? The font seems to be the same as the titles that are used in the website of Atomic Mass Games. Check out the upcoming products, and their names has the same font also

Edited by Silver_leader
2 hours ago, Silver_leader said:

Kallus have just been announced for Legion. Maybe something will come out this week !

Edit: Lando also just have been officially announced

Is it me or the articles seems to have a taste of AMG with the font used in the pictures, and naming the nomber of cards included ? The font seems to be the same as the titles that are used in the website of Atomic Mass Games. Check out the upcoming products, and their names has the same font also

That is good news. Though those items have been up for pre-order on the Asmodee site for a little bit now.

9 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Yep. I bought some of the 'collectible' Star Wars and D&D minis... on the secondary market, opened and cheap for use in RPGs. Never bought a single pack in the store.

10 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

No. No no no no no. I mucked about with that concept back in the days of WizKids' Mechwarrior: Dark Age and I will never again. With the possible exception of Lego minifigures.

6 hours ago, Frimmel said:

That is good news. Though those items have been up for pre-order on the Asmodee site for a little bit now.

If this means that the transition is in process and it doesn't stop the flow, indeed those are good news.

I can't wait to see what they have in line for X-Wing, after the 3 squadron packs....

Edited by Silver_leader
16 hours ago, Odanan said:

Wow, there is more :

From the left: Ginivex-class starfighter, Cloakshape fighter, Scarab-class droid starfighter, Rogue-class Porax-38 Starfighter, and Sharp Spiral(unique version of Cutlass-9 Patrol Fighter).

5 hours ago, Cerebrawl said:

From the left: Ginivex-class starfighter, Cloakshape fighter, Scarab-class droid starfighter, Rogue-class Porax-38 Starfighter, and Sharp Spiral(unique version of Cutlass-9 Patrol Fighter).

Yep. And that Porax (Rogue-class) is looking incredibly good, even in cheap plastic/paint. I'm looking forward to this ship in X-Wing... (probably it's the next CIS product)

つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon New Announcement ! つ ◕◕ ༽つ

Preferably with this on it:

P-38_Fighter.png

It just occurred to me that... maybe... they might release the Rebels's attack shuttle for 2.0 with the Phoenix Squadron pack...

I sure hope not. Nothing against it, but I don't think this is the correct vehicle for a shuttle re-release. I firmly believe that this will be 2 A-wings and one B-wing with the Orange paint-scheme. The attack shuttle is a very nice ship that most players will only want one of (except Dee Yum). Please dont include the Attack shuttle.

I'm still thinking two A and a Y.

Any particular reason? I think the B-wing is much more prominent in peoples minds. Was there a specific scene you are thinking of? Personally, I think the Y-wings should be in a “blue squadron” pack with two blue squadron x wings. We really need General Merrick as an (I5) pilot.

@Gupa-nupa it's a lot of little things really Some of it is that the B just got a big new update. The captured Ys were a major development of the Spectre cell too after all. The Y is more iconic by a slim margin than the B. Definitely more a staple of the Rebel fleet. And definitely more for the Phoenix cell. And it currently only has the 4 pilots with not a lot of interesting features for the chassis, odd considering how much longer it's expac had been available. Top that off with the notion that the Y is in two factions, and both could benefit now. Like configs and whatnot. I'd wager the prototype B would make more sense in the Blue Squad pack you mention in a small way, it actually has a blue squad card already to boot.

Not that I'm married to the idea either way. Or knocking it either way. Just where I'm placing my bet right now. The prototype B I imagine is coming. But Force only knows how they're going to do it. That is very realistically a whole other model with the ball turret and everything, it's not just a repaint. And that cannon. I don't envy the guy or gal who had to design a card for that thing. It could be it's own expac for all that and I wouldn't be that surprised honestly. Guess we'll find out sooner than later.

Still, As, Bs and Ys all have already a 2.0 release, the Attack Shuttle does not. The A's already have phoenix paint scheme too.

Not that I want another attack shuttle, it was just a wild idea.

@LUZ_TAK your not the only one who's thought of it. A few months ago I posted it here as a possibility myself as well. It wouldn't really be a bad pick for a list of it's own reasons.

We got what is next. The forum is shutting down.