What's coming next? つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon New Announcement ! つ ◕◕ ༽つ

By Odanan, in X-Wing

16 hours ago, Sm00thB0r3 said:

Ship frames per faction

Galactic Republic x8 ships (6 small, 2 medium, 0 large) (1 epic)

Separatists x8 ships (6 small, 1 medium, 1 large) (1 epic)

Galactic Empire x15 ships (10 small, 3 medium, 2 large) (2 epic)

Rebel Alliance x17 ships (11 small, 3 medium, 3 large) (2 epic)

Scum x19 ships (10 small, 5 medium, 4 large) (1 epic)

First Order x6 ships (4 small, 1 medium, 1 large) (2 epic)

Resistance x7 ships (5 small, 0 medium, 2 large) (1 epic)

Judging by these numbers, I’d say Republic will end up getting a shuttle and something else, Seppies will surely get Sheathipede and something else. I’d say GR and Seppies will most likely get another epic ship also. OT factions will most likely get card packs for existing ships and Scum may get another epic. First Order will surely get FO bomber, Whisper interceptor and Night Buzzard. Resistance will likely end up with at least one medium ship (depending on how big they make the T-85), and a couple of other ships (possibly another epic).

The T-85 X-Wing is only a smidge bigger than the T-65 X-Wing. This is thing is firmly in small base territory.

I’m sure I’ve written this before (maybe even earlier in this very thread!), but here’s what I’m personally looking for in each faction:

First Order:

Night Buzzard (Oubliette-class Transport), TIE Dagger, TIE Whisper, Ren’s TIE Whisper Interceptor, AAL-1971/9.1 Troop Transport, First Order Bomber.

Resistance:

NR2 Y-Wing, T-85 X-Wing, Resistance B-Wing, Red 5 (T-65B, Rey as the only pilot, or maybe R2 as well), Colossus Station’s Ace Squadron Racer/Fighters. And this is a deeeep cut, but I’d personally love to see Venisa Doza’s modified X-Wing.

Republic:

J-Type Star Skiff, and maybe Queen Amidala’s Transport as a huge? The Chancellor’s Shuttle. The Z-95 (I’m actually excited about this; I’ve been having a ton of fun and success with the Rebel Lieutenant Blount, and my friend’s been tearing me up with Scum Z’s recently. Anything is better than the bloody V-19 Torrent). I don’t think I know of any other Republic ships that haven’t been made yet, but it would be awesome to see the Wookiee Auzituck as a Republic ship (if we can get the N-1, we can get the Auzituck!).

Separatists:

Ginivex Fanblade. Sheathipeade (I guess? When did they use these? Everyone seems to think the CIS oughtta get one). It would also be extremely cool (and super unlikely) to see Dooku’s Solar Sailer. Maybe the Chancellor’s Shuttle as a dual-faction ship? I didn’t watch much Clone Wars, but surely there must be some other material there which they haven’t mined yet.

Rebels:

Maybe Rogue One, the stolen Imperial Zeta-class transport? It’s probably about as likely as RotJ’s stolen Lambda T-4a Shuttle Tyderium. I’m sure there are some obscure ships from the old EU, but all I really want are more pilots. Particularly Hera and Tycho in the RZ-1. Wouldn’t kill them to make some more K-Wing, E-Wing and Auzituck pilots as well, but that’s not even a little tiny bit likely, and we all gotta be real about that.

Imperials:

Zeta Cargo Transport here? And I mean, I vaguely remember there being some more TIE variants (Hunter, Avenger, some other menacing nouns), but they weren’t particularly important or memorable, and they eventually all start to look like fancy Interceptors. I guess the Hunter was kind of cool, but I don’t know that we really need the love child of an X-Wing and a TIE/in. I’d take it if they made it. I DO want the Outland TIE from the Mandalorian, however. Yes, I know it would look just like a basic TIE/ln. BUT WHEN IT LANDS THOUGH!! Also, Phennir and Fel are lonely. More Interceptor pilots, please.

Scum:

Razor Crest. Beyond that? I can’t think of a ton I need to see.

That’s like, 30 more ships at least, along with quite a few cards. Should keep the designers busy for a while! And then, of course, they just announced about five new films and as many TV series. So there will be material to draw from.

3 hours ago, Cpt ObVus said:

The T-85 X-Wing is only a smidge bigger than the T-65 X-Wing. This is thing is firmly in small base territory.

Really? T-65 X-Wing is 12.5m in length and T-85 is almost 16m. I'd say that's bigger than a smidge. The Kimo is about 16m in length and that's a medium base so I'm not so sure it's firmly in small base territory.

1 hour ago, Cpt ObVus said:

Scum:

Razor Crest. Beyond that? I can’t think of a ton I need to see.

Rogue-class(Xanadu's Blood), Dunelizard, Vaksai, Rihkxyrk, Gauntlet, Krayt. Also both Black Sun Syndicate and Hutt Cartel used V-wings...

But especially the Rogue-class. Cad Bane's ride.

Question to those more knowledgeable in the lead times of the industry: seeing that Lion Rampant web has the Phoenix cell, Skystrike and Fugitives expansions dates march 2021, that means they would have ended design and development long ago, right? Is it safe to presume that their "launch day points costs would be already determined too?

I'm concerned with them being consistent with the rest of the game points, with the shift to AMC and the designer's layoffs.

Maybe someone with a more direct line to the actual/former designers can give us some reassurance...

I wouldn't be too concerned. The points for the last few releases have been all over the place anyway.

15 hours ago, blueAngelIden said:

Sorry, I forgot them

For one single ship, out of a two second clip, from a forgettable third rate movie of a entirely forgettable on the whole trilogy... Who could blame you for forgetting it? I'd call you lucky for such a feat 😂 😜

44 minutes ago, LUZ_TAK said:

Question to those more knowledgeable in the lead times of the industry: seeing that Lion Rampant web has the Phoenix cell, Skystrike and Fugitives expansions dates march 2021, that means they would have ended design and development long ago, right? Is it safe to presume that their "launch day points costs would be already determined too?

Maybe someone with a more direct line to the actual/former designers can give us some reassurance...

I worked on Armada, and a few other non FFG games, and I'm guessing there's enough common tissue that I could speculate on this. Points would have been done for the initial production and testing phase. I'm almost positive. But because development is constant and several 'waves' of product could be in backlogged in development at the same time, for years at a time even, I'm not sure how that works with the (fantastic) adjustable points system. Like @gamblertuba says though, they've been really weird for a few releases. Often coming out at one price, then within the next points change alone a few scant weeks later with not a lot of data except our general online feedback changing sometimes considerably in either direction. Soooo... Yesno. Noyes. Not exactly, to be precise?

Best guess.

I would take the initial playtest points over both AMC new development team or the "community consensus" ones everytime.

1 hour ago, ForceSensitive said:

For one single ship, out of a two second clip, from a forgettable third rate movie of a entirely forgettable on the whole trilogy... Who could blame you for forgetting it? I'd call you lucky for such a feat 😂 😜

That's um... Just your unfounded opinion dude. The prequels are the forgettable trilogy.

1 hour ago, LUZ_TAK said:

I would take the initial playtest points over both AMC new development team or the "community consensus" ones everytime.

AMG. AMC is movie theater.

And all the feedback I've heard about Marvel Crisis Protocol seems positive in terms of game balance. Let's not pretend the FFG devs have been infallible or assume the new folks are crap before they even get started.

25 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

AMG. AMC is movie theater.

And all the feedback I've heard about Marvel Crisis Protocol seems positive in terms of game balance. Let's not pretend the FFG devs have been infallible or assume the new folks are crap before they even get started.

I do not thing AMG will do a bad job, I just hope this last packs are consistent with the rest of the game in terms of design and points costs.

If a divide come to pass, I hope this packs remain on "this side of the fence".

2 hours ago, KingmanHighborn said:

That's um... Just your unfounded opinion dude. The prequels are the forgettable trilogy.

That's um... Just your unfounded opinion dude. Art is subjective. So here we are at the crossroads of 'what does this piece say to you?' and 'how does it make you feel?'.

But I guess your right. Who could forget a trainwreck loaded with dumpster fires so bad that people are still making youtube videos about how bad it was, and getting props for it to boot? 😂 🤣

56 minutes ago, ForceSensitive said:

But I guess your right. Who could forget a trainwreck loaded with dumpster fires so bad that people are still making youtube videos about how bad it was, and getting props for it to boot?

Ah yes YouTube, where the critics are consistently whining about sjws and promoting alt-right bs. Not exactly quality sources man.

The sequels are good films. TLJ and TFA are worthy of being shoulder to shoulder with the original films.

Edited by KingmanHighborn
38 minutes ago, KingmanHighborn said:

Ah yes YouTube, where the critics are consistently whining about sjws and promoting alt-right bs. Not exactly quality sources man.

The sequels are good films. TLJ and TFA are worthy of being shoulder to shoulder with the original films.

Not just the critics. There's even a seminar speaker who uses TLJ to teach for to NOT write a screenplay. The only thing alt-right about me was my encounter with a neo-nazi at a bar once... My fist in a left hook to their jaw for the drop. My big personal beef with the sequels is why I myself get called a sjw. They bucked up my best girl Rose. For once I get a female, believer in the cause, blue collar, STEM field working character, with a not-a-barbie body actress, in SW and in the movie she's introduced and setup for greatness she... Does...ummmm... Well... she Likes animals, puts them over slave children in priority, and only goes on her whole mission with Finn to end up getting a man to do the thing she should have been able to do with the plot device that was around her own neck. And the only other time she was useful? When her ring was what got them the help they needed to escape.

The greatest disservice to gender equality was in the sequel trilogy. Which was that Rose, as a concept for a high potential character just like Finn, was reduced by the plot to be a mere carrier for a necklace/mcguffin, to give to DJ who was a character/mcguffin, to do the same job that her character should have been able to do herself which was (drumroll please) hotwire a panel. How very disney. In the end she needed a man to do the very thing she could've done herself. Perfectly good time to have a mechanic like Rose with her own ingenuity and resourcefulness use her sisters memento as a key to her own future and that of the Resistance. It would have been beautifully poetic, heart felt, and shown that people doing little things can make big differences.

But no. We didn't get that. Instead they had her choose to save a guy she knew for less than a day, and at the cost of sacrificing her entire crew who were trapped in a sieged building with no escape that she could possibly know of. Because we of course can't have strong real female charterers. Even when they're trying to make them. Never mind the plot holes that created in getting them back to the shield base after their speeder crash.

Go figure for a Disney film: the most important parts of Rose as a character wasn't the much needed mechanical skills that she could offer the group, that fit the mission profile. Instead it was her @#$&*%£ jewelry. Her necklace and a ring. Good job D-mouse. Way to keep sidelining women as objects. Sincerely, a torqued off aircraft mechanic with a thing for strong asian ladies 😅 😂

Oh and for reference on the seminar bit. This guy definitely puts the OT and ST in opposite ends of the quality spectrum. The only thing shoulder to shoulder about the OG saga and the Disney Tril is that you put 'great' in front of both of them. Ones a Great success and the other is a Great failure lol ☺️ Considering he also worked at Disney on Tron, and is a contributor to the Washington Post, and is himself a minority? I'd call him a perfectly reasonable source. 👍

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/12/03/bionic-woman-producer-kamran-pasha-uses-star-wars-the-last-jedi-to-teach-about-bad-screenwriting/amp/

8 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say that I agree with you on a lot of things, but not this. Big fan of the Sequel Trilogy, myself. Rise of Skywalker was way “safer” than I wish it had been, but it was very good.

1 hour ago, ForceSensitive said:

Not just the critics. There's even a seminar speaker who uses TLJ to teach for to NOT write a screenplay. The only thing alt-right about me was my encounter with a neo-nazi at a bar once... My fist in a left hook to their jaw for the drop. My big personal beef with the sequels is why I myself get called a sjw. They bucked up my best girl Rose. For once I get a female, believer in the cause, blue collar, STEM field working character, with a not-a-barbie body actress, in SW and in the movie she's introduced and setup for greatness she... Does...ummmm... Well... she Likes animals, puts them over slave children in priority, and only goes on her whole mission with Finn to end up getting a man to do the thing she should have been able to do with the plot device that was around her own neck. And the only other time she was useful? When her ring was what got them the help they needed to escape.

The greatest disservice to gender equality was in the sequel trilogy. Which was that Rose, as a concept for a high potential character just like Finn, was reduced by the plot to be a mere carrier for a necklace/mcguffin, to give to DJ who was a character/mcguffin, to do the same job that her character should have been able to do herself which was (drumroll please) hotwire a panel. How very disney. In the end she needed a man to do the very thing she could've done herself. Perfectly good time to have a mechanic like Rose with her own ingenuity and resourcefulness use her sisters memento as a key to her own future and that of the Resistance. It would have been beautifully poetic, heart felt, and shown that people doing little things can make big differences.

But no. We didn't get that. Instead they had her choose to save a guy she knew for less than a day, and at the cost of sacrificing her entire crew who were trapped in a sieged building with no escape that she could possibly know of. Because we of course can't have strong real female charterers. Even when they're trying to make them. Never mind the plot holes that created in getting them back to the shield base after their speeder crash.

Go figure for a Disney film: the most important parts of Rose as a character wasn't the much needed mechanical skills that she could offer the group, that fit the mission profile. Instead it was her @#$&*%£ jewelry. Her necklace and a ring. Good job D-mouse. Way to keep sidelining women as objects. Sincerely, a torqued off aircraft mechanic with a thing for strong asian ladies 😅 😂

Oh and for reference on the seminar bit. This guy definitely puts the OT and ST in opposite ends of the quality spectrum. The only thing shoulder to shoulder about the OG saga and the Disney Tril is that you put 'great' in front of both of them. Ones a Great success and the other is a Great failure lol ☺️ Considering he also worked at Disney on Tron, and is a contributor to the Washington Post, and is himself a minority? I'd call him a perfectly reasonable source. 👍

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/12/03/bionic-woman-producer-kamran-pasha-uses-star-wars-the-last-jedi-to-teach-about-bad-screenwriting/amp/

I will say that this is, at least, some well-considered criticism. Most of the anti-TLJ complaints center more around what I think basically centers around knee-jerk white male fragility. Different take here. Don’t know that I feel like engaging it right now, though. :)

Is that why the critics hounded Kelly Marie Tran with racist attacks because they didn't like her character? To the point she had to quit social media? I mean that's at the very least the majority of the critics of the sequels. You might be have a different reason but you're in the minority.

Or more to the point: The Hypocrisy of Andrew Dobson — hypocrisyofandrewdobson: Sorry, Dobson.  You...

And yes there's two examples of prequel haters going to far and I hate those people for bullying the actors, but the hate today towards Rey, Rose, and Finn is directly racist, and misogynist/right-wing in origin.

I'd really like to see both tie whisper, the kylo interceptor and the one with the tie fighter design( https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/TIE_whisper_starfighter ). I see them being really powerful because they both have turret and they are supposedly upgrades of the previous models, maybe they are expensive platforms but they both look awesome. Also, I'm interested to see the turret arc of kylo's interceptor, because the wings cover the turret range differently, maybe not at all, imagine an interceptor with turret, that would have to be really expensive, we'll see what they do(if they do it).

10 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

That's um... Just your unfounded opinion dude. Art is subjective. So here we are at the crossroads of 'what does this piece say to you?' and 'how does it make you feel?'.

But I guess your right. Who could forget a trainwreck loaded with dumpster fires so bad that people are still making youtube videos about how bad it was, and getting props for it to boot? 😂 🤣

Yes, nothing like grown men making hour-long YouTube videos proclaiming how much they hate a children’s movie to convince me of their merit.

Edited by Rmcarrier1
Oh, and bring on the T-85. I can’t believe how little love that ship is getting from LucasFilm.
7 hours ago, Cpt ObVus said:

I will say that this is, at least, some well-considered criticism. Most of the anti-TLJ complaints center more around what I think basically centers around knee-jerk white male fragility. Different take here. Don’t know that I feel like engaging it right now, though. :)

Some 8chan losers were 8chan losers about Diversity in Star Wars, sure. yes. There absolutely are a small but vocal minority of SW fans who hate Rey because they arent comfortable with powerful women, or hate Finn because hes black. But the film wasnt ruined by those peoples disgusting views. Its just a bad movie. People hate on TLJ because its a garbled amalgamation of conflicting dead-end narratives that completely derailed the arcs of not only its core characters, but the franchise as a whole. People voiced their dislike. Then Disney PR spun the legitimate criticism into a culture war so twitter would give them free press. Its a free marketing campaign that is still working, as per this thread.

Anyway the ships I'd like to see next are:

Jedi Defender class Corvette(Republic Large or Huge base)

The non-Fireball Aces from Star Wars Resistance (Resistance small bases)

The Twilight from Clone wars (Republic/Scum Large base)

Every Trandoshian freighter in clone wars (Scum bases of every size)

Jabbas Star Jewel (Scum Super-Epic base in true 1/270 scale, so I can hold it like a baby while I cry about how much it cost)

Edited by Vontoothskie
5 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

Some 8chan losers were 8chan losers about Diversity in Star Wars, sure. yes. There absolutely are a small but vocal minority of SW fans who hate Rey because they arent comfortable with powerful women, or hate Finn because hes black. But the film wasnt ruined by those peoples disgusting views. Its just a bad movie. People hate on TLJ because its a garbled amalgamation of conflicting dead-end narratives that completely derailed the arcs of not only its core characters, but the franchise as a whole. People voiced their dislike. Then Disney PR spun the legitimate criticism into a culture war so twitter would give them free press. Its a free marketing campaign that is still working, as per this thread.

Anyway the ships I'd like to see next are:

Jedi Defender class Corvette(Republic Large or Huge base)

The non-Fireball Aces from Star Wars Resistance (Resistance small bases)

The Twilight from Clone wars (Republic/Scum Large base)

Every Trandoshian freighter in clone wars (Scum bases of every size)

Jabbas Star Jewel (Scum Super-Epic base in true 1/270 scale, so I can hold it like a baby while I cry about how much it cost)

This.

And thank you to get back to topic.

8 hours ago, Rmcarrier1 said:

Yes, nothing like grown men making hour-long YouTube videos proclaiming how much they hate a children’s movie to convince me of their merit.

Dumb question before I let this go, and I'd like to hear @KingmanHighborn on this too. Where do the women of youtube fit into this 'man baby youtube' angle your jiving on? Do opinion personalities like That Start Wars Girl and Geeky Sparkles from Clownfish TV just not matter? Or... what? Like you gotta admit, to just call out the men, some of which are distasteful granted, then isn't it misogynistic to just ignore that there are women saying the same thing on the same platform? Especially when those women are pretty staunch feminists themselves? And add to that how you reckon I could be racist for being one of the many who say Boyega got shafted in his role because he was black, when John himself has come out and said the same thing? Fair warning, my family is multiracial so... Y'know. Truly it's curious the hoops your jumping through to discredit a statement with personal attacks that are unfounded and applied in blanket statement, instead of acknowledging that the movies were just bad.

I ask one thing, Do not lump me in with filth who stooped to harassment of actors because of their work and not the directors, writers, and produces who created it. When I cast blame, I put it where the buck stops: The production leadership.

Jarjar was a fun character, actually one of my favs(Shakespeare fool characters are always fun) and Ahmed is the OG trailblazer of CGacting in big budget productions by two years. You can tell Serkis to sit his tuckus down on that one and accept his second place. Tell him I said so too. Jake did nothing wrong and I blame George for any poor acting quality on that one since he sucks at writing kids lines(GL ain't good with kids actors, seriously, have you seen the IndyJones movies?) Kelly and Daisy are great and I got no qualms with them for acting a terrible script other than to say they were better than that and shouldn't of accepted roles that were beneath them. Kelly would've made a great Mulan come to think of it. Too bad D bucked that one up as well 😕

PS @Cpt ObVus we're plenty cool dude. It wouldn't be any fun if we just agreed on everything. Forums are for different ideas. Even when they clash.

3 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

Dumb question before I let this go, and I'd like to hear @KingmanHighborn on this too. Where do the women of youtube fit into this 'man baby youtube' angle your jiving on? Do opinion personalities like That Start Wars Girl and Geeky Sparkles from Clownfish TV just not matter? Or... what? Like you gotta admit, to just call out the men, some of which are distasteful granted, then isn't it misogynistic to just ignore that there are women saying the same thing on the same platform? Especially when those women are pretty staunch feminists themselves? And add to that how you reckon I could be racist for being one of the many who say Boyega got shafted in his role because he was black, when John himself has come out and said the same thing? Fair warning, my family is multiracial so... Y'know. Truly it's curious the hoops your jumping through to discredit a statement with personal attacks that are unfounded and applied in blanket statement, instead of acknowledging that the movies were just bad.

I ask one thing, Do not lump me in with filth who stooped to harassment of actors because of their work and not the directors, writers, and produces who created it. When I cast blame, I put it where the buck stops: The production leadership.

Jarjar was a fun character, actually one of my favs(Shakespeare fool characters are always fun) and Ahmed is the OG trailblazer of CGacting in big budget productions by two years. You can tell Serkis to sit his tuckus down on that one and accept his second place. Tell him I said so too. Jake did nothing wrong and I blame George for any poor acting quality on that one since he sucks at writing kids lines(GL ain't good with kids actors, seriously, have you seen the IndyJones movies?) Kelly and Daisy are great and I got no qualms with them for acting a terrible script other than to say they were better than that and shouldn't of accepted roles that were beneath them. Kelly would've made a great Mulan come to think of it. Too bad D bucked that one up as well 😕

PS @Cpt ObVus we're plenty cool dude. It wouldn't be any fun if we just agreed on everything. Forums are for different ideas. Even when they clash.

Fair enough. The women deserve equal ridicule. And I throw the Red Letter Media guys in there, too. This isn’t just about Sequel haters.

Edited by Rmcarrier1
But let’s not pretend that there aren’t far more men making these diatribes than women.