Resistance XXX + ?: a fun entry point to Resistance

By GreenDragoon, in X-Wing Squad Lists

Anybody flown the list in the last month? I must admit I got kinda tired of it and now only use it for tournament play.

But I have been thinking about expanding to a smaller Resistance swarm.

Pava

Bastian

Cova with R4, Pattern Analyzer

Rose

Finn with Heroic

Everyone has some way to modify dice and the initiatives synergise.

Edited by Flurpy

Testing this right now:

Test 6 Ext

(36) Nodin Chavdri [Resistance Transport]
(2) R4 Astromech
(6) Korr Sella
(4) Larma D'Acy

(29) Finn [Resistance Transport Pod]
(8) Perceptive Copilot
(1) Heroic
(4) Advanced Optics

(48) Lieutenant Bastian [T-70 X-wing]
(0) Integrated S-foils
(13) Proton Torpedoes

(49) Jaycris Tubbs [T-70 X-wing]
(0) Integrated S-foils

Total points: 200

Any comments will be welcomed

So wondering if anyone is considering taken up the Temmin, Jess, Bastian combo with the Fireball now?

From all estimations it should fall into the right price range.

Kaz is now a better option than Lulo was in the original list. Both being able to serve as flanker and being able to run with Temmin to trigger his combo. Plus he hits just as hard and can defend better as long as he is not damaged.

At the moment I'm playing Jess with BB, Bastian with M9, Snap with Composure and Rose pod with Heroic and C3PO.

It works well but I think i need to tweak my deployment and openings. At the moment I'm doing all four in a pinwheel with rose on the bottom right. The problem is though that if i do this on the left side of the board and hard turn in then Rose end up at the front with no re-rolls for attacking.

Any thoughts on improvements?

18 hours ago, MrHedgehogMan said:

At the moment I'm playing Jess with BB, Bastian with M9, Snap with Composure and Rose pod with Heroic and C3PO.

It works well but I think i need to tweak my deployment and openings. At the moment I'm doing all four in a pinwheel with rose on the bottom right. The problem is though that if i do this on the left side of the board and hard turn in then Rose end up at the front with no re-rolls for attacking.

Any thoughts on improvements?

Wait for the point to change. I have about 12 squads ready to go on Thursday for testing :D

Edited by Flurpy
16 hours ago, Flurpy said:

Wait for the point to change. I have about 12 squads ready to go on Thursday for testing :D

Man I wish we could get intensity back 😕

Edited by GreenDragoon
8 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

This makes me so sad

Man I wish we could get intensity back 😕

Yeah. Im really curious what they do with Resistance with these point changes. So many pilots are on the verge of greatness but just missing a little bit of push. Plus Zizi and the I4 Fireball sounds as really good additions to the faction.

Zizi and Kaz look like a lot of fun.

Edited by Tyhar7
10 hours ago, Tyhar7 said:

Surely they can't be putting the point up on composure? It's hardly played save on him and I was still using it when it was 2 points.

I hope not

Edited by Flurpy

Well seems that's the end off XXXx list then.

Really hope this points change leads to some competitive options... cause it 5A's left at this point.

I'd really love for Composure to drop to 0 points, but get errata'd to rule out any possible trickery. As failure insurance, it's fine, but probably still too expensive at 1 point.

However, as it exists right now, Composure seems like... it just begs that players find ways to abuse failures. Just seems unhealthy for the game when the only use of a card is to go against the clear "training wheels" intent of the card.

Particularly with the upcoming TIE Baron, this seems good.

8 hours ago, Tyhar7 said:

Well seems that's the end off XXXx list then.

Yeah, at least we had a good run for a full or half a year

14 hours ago, Flurpy said:

Yeah. Im really curious what they do with Resistance with these point changes. So many pilots are on the verge of greatness but just missing a little bit of push. Plus Zizi and the I4 Fireball sounds as really good additions to the faction.

Seems like these two might be going into a few of my lists. Nien, Lu'lo, Kaz and Zizi might fit for a dynamic combination.

41 minutes ago, Tyhar7 said:

Seems like these two might be going into a few of my lists. Nien, Lu'lo, Kaz and Zizi might fit for a dynamic combination.

I agree

Edited by Flurpy
19 minutes ago, Flurpy said:

I agree

Who doesn't :P

Edited by GreenDragoon

Interested in what the new Fireball I5 is going to do.

Edited by Tyhar7

Zizi with Heroic Advanced Optics

Cova with Heroic and Leia

Bastian

Pava

I think this is the new iteration of this list, but with everything else going down I dont really see it as efficient as before.

Not thrilled with the changes, especially compared to other Factions.

Will probably try this until we the new pilots.

Cova with Heroic and Leia

Bastian

Pava

Red Squadron Expert with Heroic

In other news, Poe and 3 blue squadron rookies is a thing, with 6 points left over!

Jess & 3 Reds got 9 points to play with.

Can now do 4 Black Squadron Aces all with Heroic & R4.

How about XXXxx? Three rookies plus Finn and Lulo?

Yeah I think resistance should try 5 ships now

There were already some results with x and pods that did well. Now more I guess

For five ship Hyperspace builds:

3x Blue Squadron Rookie

Zizi with Heroic

Jarek Jeger

7 hours ago, Rettere said:

In other news, Poe and 3 blue squadron rookies is a thing, with 6 points left over!

@Mistborn_Jedi - Remember GenCon 2018? Yeeeeaaaah, baby. ;)

So mad BB droids aren’t Hyperspace legal.

Edited by gennataos
25 minutes ago, gennataos said:

@Mistborn_Jedi - Remember GenCon 2018? Yeeeeaaaah, baby. ;)

So mad BB droids aren’t Hyperspace legal.

Ha, I definitely remember you whipping me!