Resistance XXX + ?: a fun entry point to Resistance

By GreenDragoon, in X-Wing Squad Lists

9 hours ago, Rettere said:

In other news, Poe and 3 blue squadron rookies is a thing, with 6 points left over!

Skinny Poe @ 73 + 3 Rookies is 199

56 minutes ago, Bucknife said:

Well that solves what I'm practicing until the new pilots drop

Yeah Nien, Zizi, Lu'lo and fat Kaz looks good.

Also Rey+finn+Rose+Korr+title, Bastian and Jess is a thing.

Edited by Tyhar7
11 hours ago, Bucknife said:

Of course, they'll have to compare and contend with Fenn Rau + 3 fangs.

I reeeaaaalllly don't think Skinny Poe has any answers for that.

It'd take a few incredible jukes and some decent variance to favor the Resistance, but that's all head Sims and personal experience bias with T70's.

2 hours ago, Bucknife said:

Of course, they'll have to compare and contend with Fenn Rau + 3 fangs.

I reeeaaaalllly don't think Skinny Poe has any answers for that.

It'd take a few incredible jukes and some decent variance to favor the Resistance, but that's all head Sims and personal experience bias with T70's.

I don't think Poe needs an answer himself, because 5A will answer for him. ;)

Really, though, I'd guess it'd be all about range control and blocking. I'm guessing Fenn would want to move after Poe, which means the rookies would move before the recruits. It feels like a way scarier game for Fenn than Poe.

For Extended is all BBs an interesting option?

Pava with BB

3 Red Squadron Experts with Heroic and BB

Could be fun to play pretend you are **** Quad Phantoms

5 of those 6 points available on Poe + 3 recruits can buy Poe Heroic, R4 and Black One. With Hyperspace's smaller selection of i6 aces that seems like a Poe that can play the role of ace very well.

Alternatively, this seems like a strong formation-jouster:

Jessika Pava (51) Integrated S-Foils (0) Black One (2) Ship total: 53

Red Squadron Expert (44) Heroic (1) Integrated S-Foils (0) Advanced Optics (4) Ship total: 49

Red Squadron Expert (44) Heroic (1) Integrated S-Foils (0) Advanced Optics (4) Ship total: 49

Total: 200.

You could drop the title from Jess for a 2-point bid instead, or replace with R4 (a droid with charges would've been ideal but there's not enough points). This squad is in anticipation of new-Hyperspace having lots of low-initiative spam, so there are masses of offensive mods to PS-kill things.

I was fiddling around with Resistance on YASB, i think you guys might like this list

Red Squadron Expert (44)
Heroic (1)
R3 Astromech (3)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Cluster Missiles (5)

Ship total: 53 Half Points: 27 Threshold: 4

Red Squadron Expert (44)
Heroic (1)
R3 Astromech (3)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Cluster Missiles (5)

Red Squadron Expert (44)
Heroic (1)
R3 Astromech (3)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Cluster Missiles (5)

Zizi Tlo (40)
Ship total: 40 Half Points: 20 Threshold: 2

Total: 199

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Resistance&d=v8ZsZ200Z257X172W4WW175WWW98Y257X172W4WW175WWW98Y257X172W4WW175WWW98Y387XWWW&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Kaz might be better than Zizi, but i don't know how to feel about the Fireball yet

Just pointing out that the core idea are 3-4 double modified attacks. Not saying that the rest is bad, but they are just jousting lists.

14 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Just pointing out that the core idea are 3-4 double modified attacks. Not saying that the rest is bad, but they are just jousting lists.

well... why is the core idea 3-4 double modified attacks? and is that also just a jousting plan aswell?

On 1/6/2019 at 4:38 PM, GreenDragoon said:

The important point: Snap, Jess and Bastian all have double mods

I should know, I made the thread ;)

ok, i guess i'll make another thread then

6 minutes ago, LeMightyASP said:

well... why is the core idea 3-4 double modified attacks? and is that also just a jousting plan aswell?

GreenDragoon was an original if not the original poster about this list and the entire premise was how Bastian, Pava, and Wexley all could get double mods quite often.

So.... That's been the scope of this thread for sometime. And to be honest, I'd rather Jost with XXXx that double mods than XXXx that doesn't get double mods as easy. :)

i do think you have some very viable lists though. Just doesn't quite fit the orig intent of this archetype.

So, what’s the thinking going forward?

Do we try to keep Snap in there as a potential late game mini-ace, using a Transport to coordinate him a focus before he moves and takes a lock for himself? Nodin Chavdri seems to be a good fit in this role, as he can still take an action for himself;

(51) Jessika Pava [T-70 X-wing]
(0) Integrated S-foils

(47) Lieutenant Bastian [T-70 X-wing]
(0) Integrated S-foils

(53) Temmin Wexley [T-70 X-wing]
(0) Integrated S-foils
(1) Heroic

(36) Nodin Chavdri [Resistance Transport]
(2) R4 Astromech
(6) Korr Sella
(4) Advanced Optics

Total points: 200

Otherwise, it’s possible to fit Cova with Leia and Heroic if Snap is swapped for a Red Squadron Expert...

On 1/9/2020 at 11:09 PM, Bucknife said:

Played this list at a tournament today and placed 5th out of 22 people. Seemed like a solid list to me.

4 hours ago, bumbleb1492 said:

Played this list at a tournament today and placed 5th out of 22 people. Seemed like a solid list to me.

It’s real. I think it’s real in extended and it’s super real in hyperspace.

Yeah I think we all went massively off topic here, none of these lists are anywhere close to the original XXXx. That being said, if its ok with you @GreenDragoon this thread kinda morphed into a awesome entryway to the Resistance. There's not many of us playing the faction (yet) and pretty much anyone who is anyone in the Resistance dropped into this thread at least once.

I mean, we can change it into any "TripleX + ?"

20 hours ago, LeMightyASP said:

I was fiddling around with Resistance on YASB, i think you guys might like this list

sorry about that yesterday, we might as well keep discussing your list here

1 minute ago, GreenDragoon said:

Is there a viable list along the lines of XXXx now that composure is nerfed? That third double modded ship.....

10 minutes ago, arctic_rogue said:

Is there a viable list along the lines of XXXx now that composure is nerfed? That third double modded ship.....

I don't think so. The only way to get 3 almost double modded attacks, next to Jess and Bastian, is M9G8. That gives the third ship at least focus+1reroll and leaves enough for Greer, Lulo or Zizi.

e: like this

Lieutenant Bastian (47)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

Jessika Pava (51)
M9-G8 (7)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

Black Squadron Ace (47)
Heroic (1)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

Zizi Tlo (40)
Heroic (1)
Crack Shot (1)
Advanced Optics (4)
Total: 199

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Edited by GreenDragoon
4 minutes ago, arctic_rogue said:

Depends how you define double mods. In the Classical Target Lock+ Focus sense, no unless you do XXX + Coordinate ship. If you include stuff like adding dice or results then Finn and Cova count and doing Bastian, Pava, Finn Cova gives you 4 ships with multiple ways to manipulate dice.

but not that we have been give permission, here is what I while be bringing to the UK SoS in four weeks, thats 4 league nights and 4 casual play away. If they dont allow new stuff:

Pava

Bastian

Cova with Heroic and Leia

Red Squadron Expert with Heroic

Nice, simple, tested, and was 205 points before the change so thats good.

Now if they do allow new stuff and somehow I get proxy practice with them

Pava

Bastian

Rose

Zizi with Heroic

Jager with Heroic

Pava, Bastian and Rose(which I think is underrated) form a nice triple ship double modded base and then you have two I5 aces flying around.

1 minute ago, GreenDragoon said:

No need to apologize! I initially thought this topic was about 3 x-wings + an efficient ship, but after your comment yesterday i went to check the start of the thread and noticed that indeed it was about that pilot combo. No resentment here!

I do think that there are other interesting thing to do with these chassis, and i think there might be some crossover of the ideas between these lists so i will bring the discussion here again.

And please, don't call the list mine, anyone could have found it, plus i don't actually play resistance, i just get beat up once in a while by my cousin's Nien and co. :P , so i do have somerespectfor what the resistance can do. I'm sure you guys have the experience to fine-tune it, so i'mleaving the details of the list to you guys!

So, expanding on what i posted here yesterday:

Red Squadron Expert (44)
Heroic (1)
R3 Astromech (3)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Cluster Missiles (5)

Red Squadron Expert (44)
Heroic (1)
R3 Astromech (3)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Cluster Missiles (5)

Red Squadron Expert (44)
Heroic (1)
R3 Astromech (3)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Cluster Missiles (5)

Zizi Tlo (40)
Heroic (1)

Ship total: 41 Half Points: 21 Threshold: 2

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Resistance&d=v8ZsZ200Z257X172W4WW175WWW98Y257X172W4WW175WWW98Y257X172W4WW175WWW98Y387X172WWW&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Pros:

- 6 3 dice modded shots + Zizi's shot (that's a lot of heat!)

- T70s are very tanky (especially with heroic) and Zizi is also quite hard to take down

Cons:

- hard to acquire locks on ships with higher initiative than 3

- 4 ship might end up being on the low end of ship count in lists now that generics have lost some points across the board

- Lock requirements can be awkward once ships start dropping

Also, gave 4th ship slot to Zizi, but that's probably where there are more options to pick and choose from.

Thoughts?

So... in the original spirit of the thread (four double modded 3-dice attacks), I think Nodin with ion cannon might be a player. He can coordinate+get his own action. Maybe Nodin w/ ion, Jess, Bastian w/m9? They will all be double modded. And 53 points left over but I can’t find a fourth double modded shooter. Help!

40 minutes ago, Rettere said:

So... in the original spirit of the thread (four double modded 3-dice attacks), I think Nodin with ion cannon might be a player. He can coordinate+get his own action. Maybe Nodin w/ ion, Jess, Bastian w/m9? They will all be double modded. And 53 points left over but I can’t find a fourth double modded shooter. Help!

But that's it, no?

Jess: takes focus, free rerolls, locks Nodin with M9

Bastian: takes focus, free lock

Nodin: coordinates 4th ship, red focus, 1reroll from M9

4th ship: coordinated focus, takes lock

Problem solved?

e: only on this case, Nodin is the "half" Xwing with ion. Hmm

Edited by GreenDragoon