Shipping Now

By Duciris, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

2 hours ago, rsdockery said:

Team Covenant hasn't pinged me for Wages of Sin yet, and that generally happens two weeks before release.

Mine just did. Which is unusual for a Friday.

Okay, they've pinged me now. Normally that's a Thursday thing, but there we go. Looks like we're back on track for an April 4th release!

Has anyone in the UK had The Secret Name yet? Still waiting.

Nothing here.... even with my summon mythos pack spell....

13 hours ago, CaffeineAddict said:

Has anyone in the UK had The Secret Name yet? Still waiting.

Nothing in the UK yet. There are a couple of sites that have dates of next week for release (e.g. 28th at Board Games Extras)...but I've no idea if this is committed or just a guess. The Wages of Sin should arrive soon, so we may end up with two packs arriving 1 to 2 weeks apart...unless whatever daemon that messed with the delivery of The Secret Name is still rampant on the shipping routes for The Wages of Sin...in which case, take one horror.

On 3/23/2019 at 9:41 AM, gazzagames said:

Nothing here.... even with my summon mythos pack spell....

Always use this spell on weekends. One bad token pull and you end up with no remaining actions for the rest of the week

Looking at Asmodee UK's New Release announcement ( https://www.asmodee.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/1913-__-25-03-2019-__-WEB.pdf ), there is still nothing for the UK this week. I understand that Cthulhu has been intercepting shipping in the North Atlantic and that has caused the delay. Hopefully a few ships will get through for an April release...I just hope they also loaded up with a few crates of The Wages of Sin before they left Innsmouth. What could possibly go wrong?

Don't like the wait between Mythos packs? For one month only, worry no more! Asmodee UK's release schedule has both The Secret Name and The Wages of Sin down for a simultaneous 4th April release. Although the document is titled "New Releases 1st April 2019", so they could yet make fools of us all...

On 3/26/2019 at 8:09 PM, Dr Dee said:

Looking at Asmodee UK's New Release announcement ( https://www.asmodee.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/1913-__-25-03-2019-__-WEB.pdf ), there is still nothing for the UK this week. I understand that Cthulhu has been intercepting shipping in the North Atlantic and that has caused the delay. Hopefully a few ships will get through for an April release...I just hope they also loaded up with a few crates of The Wages of Sin before they left Innsmouth. What could possibly go wrong?

Both of the new packs have been despatched to me from Games Lore today, so looks like The Secret Name is finally out in the UK!

2 hours ago, General Zodd said:

Both of the new packs have been despatched to me from Games Lore today, so looks like The Secret Name is finally out in the UK!

I got the shipping notice from gameslore as well, alongside the latest lotr pack. Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend!

3 hours ago, General Zodd said:

Yes...mine also got dispatched from Games Lore today. Looking forward to them arriving.

Released!

They're on the ball this time, QR Code: https://ffgapp.com/qr/AHC32 . Rules not updated yet.

ahc32_box.png

Edited by Duciris
Added QR Code

Oy, that thing is ugly.

"Okay, so what does that thing have to do with the greater good?"

"Well, we finally managed to analyze it noises, and we determined that it was emitting the shrieking of a hundred billion dissonant voices."

"Meaning...?"

"Meaning that all of its good gets multiplied by ten billion. If it eats us all in exchange for five minutes of mild contentment, then that is, objectively speaking, better than curing every human disease in the entire world."

Got my copy at lunch.

"For the Greater Good" was also the title of the Agency-centric deluxe expansion for Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game. It made me wonder if the relatively cliched phrase had some specific associations that I didn't know about. From a Harry Potter fan wiki:

" For the Greater Good " (German: " Für das Größere Wohl ") is a phrase that Gellert Grindelwald used to justify his horrific actions in the 1940s global wizarding war and it was engraved over the entrance of Nurmengard , the prison he constructed to house those who opposed him.

And in Ridley Scott's Kingdom of Heaven , Sybilla says:

There'll be a day when you will wish you had done a little evil to do a greater good.

In the general perspective of Yog-Sothothery, one might say that "the greater good" is always an apparent evil (thus the need to qualify it) to the puny minds of doomed humanity. As specifically associated with CoC Agency or the AH Guardian class, I figure it refers to things like bombing Devil's Reef in "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" or flooding the Blasted Heath in "The Colour Out of Space."

When I think of this phrase, I think of this card from Eldritch Horror:

maxresdefault.jpg

*flips card*

"The last thing you hear is Nyarlathotep's laughter. You are devoured. No further effect."

"Look at that 'orse!"

Just checked the Upcoming page...

ahc33_box.png

I haven't touched this campaign yet. So looking forward to binging.

Team Covenant just sent out their confirmations. Which is odd, because that normally happens at the end of the week, so I'm not entirely sure whether we're looking at the 6th or the 13th.

On 5/28/2019 at 1:21 PM, rsdockery said:

Team Covenant just sent out their confirmations. Which is odd, because that normally happens at the end of the week, so I'm not entirely sure whether we're looking at the 6th or the 13th.

Its most likely the 6th based on when they switched to "shipping now".

Also I see Ire Of The Void is in the release queue again on FFG's website so that's good news for people who didn't manage to get that book. Wish Deepgate was up there with it, but at least they are working to address the demand for those books. Makes me feel more hopeful that we'll see them all in print again. Also that they may do another round of books.