Shipping Now

By Duciris, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

19 hours ago, Duciris said:

His 1st form stats (2/2) are a little higher than average for a level 1 villain.

I was wrong.

He's actually just a 1/2, which makes him pretty average. It's the "When Kang attacks you, either place 1 threat on the main scheme, or he gets +2 ATK for this attack." that does makes him more difficult.

mc11en_kang-the-conqueror.png

(Toughness gives the character a Tough status card when it enters play. Tough — If a character with a tough status card would take any amount of damage, prevent all of that damage and discard the tough status card instead. )

In Too Deep finally processed. I doubt it will be here by Friday, but as soon as I see shipping now at least I’ll know we are getting one!!

On a different note, has FFG just given up on the Upcoming Page?

8 minutes ago, Mimi61 said:

For Arkham, it certainly appears so.

15 minutes ago, Carthoris said:

For Arkham, it certainly appears so.

Also for Marvel Champions I think. There is definitely some stuff coming out soon that's not listed.

Yes, the Upcoming Page is certainly not all that it could be anymore. I will find out tomorrow whether my pre-order for In Too Deep and Dark Revelations will get fulfilled by my online game store of choice...they have never let me down in the past...but the low level of supply getting to UK distribution means nothing is certain.

3 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

In Too Deep finally processed. I doubt it will be here by Friday, but as soon as I see shipping now at least I’ll know we are getting one!!

That's how my Marvel LCG: Ant-Man is fairing. I haven't heard about its status. Dark Revelations & In Too Deep should be here tomorrow. 🤞

Got my copies on Monday, way earlier than I was expecting. Never even got tracking info, they just kinda showed up. So yeah, they'll definitely be out soon for everyone else. Especially with the election chaos finally out of the way.

1 hour ago, Annette Soleil said:

Got my copies on Monday, way earlier than I was expecting. Never even got tracking info, they just kinda showed up. So yeah, they'll definitely be out soon for everyone else. Especially with the election chaos finally out of the way.

Mine usually come on the Sunday or Monday before release too! This time, they couldn’t process my order, because when I ordered, I didn’t factor in that my credit card would expire days before it would be processed. Since they only process once a week, I had to wait an extra week. I was a little worried that they would forget to send it, since it wasn’t in the normal queue and since it’s out of stock, maybe we’d come up empty.
That actually happened with our Weaver of the Cosmos. They charged the card and processed it, but forgot to ship it! 3 weeks later, I contacted them and voila! it shipped....to the wrong distribution center. Easily 1,200 miles out of the way in the wrong direction. It hung around there a few days and after another inquiry, finally turned around to make the long trek to us. Those were some pretty pooped arachnids!
In all fairness, it’s otherwise pretty seamless and consistent. Not checking my expiration date was my bad.

22 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

Mine usually come on the Sunday or Monday before release too! This time, they couldn’t process my order, because when I ordered, I didn’t factor in that my credit card would expire days before it would be processed. Since they only process once a week, I had to wait an extra week. I was a little worried that they would forget to send it, since it wasn’t in the normal queue and since it’s out of stock, maybe we’d come up empty.
That actually happened with our Weaver of the Cosmos. They charged the card and processed it, but forgot to ship it! 3 weeks later, I contacted them and voila! it shipped....to the wrong distribution center. Easily 1,200 miles out of the way in the wrong direction. It hung around there a few days and after another inquiry, finally turned around to make the long trek to us. Those were some pretty pooped arachnids!
In all fairness, it’s otherwise pretty seamless and consistent. Not checking my expiration date was my bad.

The forum doesn't have a ( 🤣 😭 ) reaction, so I had to quote instead.

All 3 showed up today (the day before release)! Never heard nothin' 'bout Ant-Man ( 🐜 🧍‍♂️ ) but he's here!

On 11/4/2020 at 9:02 PM, Annette Soleil said:

What's this, "election chaos finally out of the way," of which you speak? 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Duciris said:

The forum doesn't have a ( 🤣 😭 ) reaction, so I had to quote instead.

All 3 showed up today (the day before release)! Never heard nothin' 'bout Ant-Man ( 🐜 🧍‍♂️ ) but he's here!

Maybe Ant-Man’s shipping notification is in the quantum realm.

That is heartening news though. Here’s to hoping!

Weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow. I'm hoping to bicycle over to my FLGS for In Too Deep .

Woo hoo! Tracking is showing I should get mine today. Needed a pick-me-up, so good timing. Gloria will enter the fray soon!

Edited by Soakman
12 hours ago, Duciris said:

What's this, "election chaos finally out of the way," of which you speak? 🤦‍♂️

This election chaos is still very much in my way! If any Americans here are able to concentrate on anything else you are much more focused humans than I am!

As for In Too Deep, with Innsmouth (which also came out on a Friday IIRC), my FLGS emailed me on Saturday for payment and it was ready for pickup on Monday. So I'm expecting the same timeline here. Not as fast as my instant-gratification-desiring brain would want, but really fine since I'm not going to play the cycle until it's complete, and I don't typically incorporate player cards until then either (although I might break out the investigators before then). So there's really no need for me to be super anxious to get it, but, I still sort of am.

Well, my In Too Deep finally shipped today. It obviously won’t get here by the release date, but at least it’s coming!

2 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

Well, my In Too Deep finally shipped today. It obviously won’t get here by the release date, but at least it’s coming!

I got them!

Plot twist: Gloria's deck construction asks her to select a 2ndary class from Guardian/Rogue/Seeker and she can take 0-5 mystic, and 10 0-1 skills/events from her secondary.

No wonder I was having trouble pinning her down, lol.

In Too Deep and Dark Revelations arrived today. Gloria is interesting. Her signature asset looks useful but the fear of her signature weakness turning up means some thought is required. If you can harmlessly discard the weakness early and get Ruth Westmacott out...Gloria should be able to mitigate some of the the threat from the encounter deck quite well. I really like the artwork on Gloria's card too.

2 hours ago, Soakman said:

I got them!

Plot twist: Gloria's deck construction asks her to select a 2ndary class from Guardian/Rogue/Seeker and she can take 0-5 mystic, and 10 0-1 skills/events from her secondary.

No wonder I was having trouble pinning her down, lol.

Wait! You have Gloria? I’m jealous. I didn’t get on that fast enough and it was out of stock when I went to order it. Hmm. I thought her secondary would be trait based. So do you think this basically means we will end up with 5 investigators that have this kind of secondary? Mandy, Tony and now Gloria. We still need a Survivor and a Guardian. Lily Chen maybe?

17 minutes ago, Mimi61 said:

Wait! You have Gloria? I’m jealous. I didn’t get on that fast enough and it was out of stock when I went to order it. ...

I've been ordering the day it's announced (or nearly) for the last few months. Too many things have been topsy-turvy.

28 minutes ago, Duciris said:

I've been ordering the day it's announced (or nearly) for the last few months. Too many things have been topsy-turvy.

Same. My mom had a stroke around that time, so I don’t think I even knew about the Novella until it was too late.

3 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

Same. My mom had a stroke around that time, so I don’t think I even knew about the Novella until it was too late.

I hope she's doing better.

2 hours ago, Duciris said:

I hope she's doing better.

Thanks. She is never going to be the same I’m afraid, but she is a fighter!

Dark Revelations does seem to be in stock in several places, including Asmodee. If you want it, grab it now...who knows when it will be back in print.

On 11/6/2020 at 1:07 PM, Soakman said:

Have you played her yet? I found Dark Revelations on Amazon, so it will be here next week.

11 hours ago, Dr Dee said:

Dark Revelations does seem to be in stock in several places, including Asmodee. If you want it, grab it now...who knows when it will be back in print.

I found it on Amazon, but thanks so much for letting me know.