Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

By s1ickrick, in X-Wing

OKay. Well that makes sense. I’d rather play people anyways. As long as the other stuff works correctly. Which it seems like it does.

New skins for Gunboat by TerranCmdr

bt24p6jamcf01.jpg

I’ve not had a chance to try this yet but **** I’m exited to have a go. I’ve waited for something like this for ages! You sir are a genius.

Just one question, a feature I’ve always dreamed about; a ‘playback’ movie-style mode where after a game you can have a replay that shows all the ships moving and firing in a seamless display with no bases/templates/tokens in the way?! That would be perfect, though I’m guessing hard to program... is it possible?

3 minutes ago, Sbloom141 said:

a ‘playback’ movie-style mode where after a game you can have a replay that shows all the ships moving and firing in a seamless display with no bases/templates/tokens in the way?!

Replays are easy feature (it can record/play same information as online mode sends to another client). Also I plan view mode that looks like ships in space instead of models on table.

So this idea can be done in the game.

But this is completely free game, I develop it in my free time - so I cannot guarantee when these features will be ready or even that it will be finished one day - this depends a lot on my free time, motivation, community support, support of another developert etc.

It’s purely a wish but the thought that it’s possible is brilliant regardless. Thanks for your hard work :)

Does Black One title just not work for the AI? The game just stops since the AI doesn't seem to know what to do with the title ones its activated.

Also, I think the Aggressor has the Tie Bomber dial. Hard 2's should be white and k-turn is 4 speed.

7 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

Does Black One title just not work for the AI? The game just stops since the AI doesn't seem to know what to do with the title ones its activated.

In the current version AI cannot select ships as a part of ability. This will be fixed in update ~next week.

7 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

Also, I think the Aggressor has the Tie Bomber dial. Hard 2's should be white and k-turn is 4 speed.

Thank you, I will check.
UPD: Fixed in development branch, will be in the nearest update too.

Edited by Sandrem

Just tried it, amazing work. Very professional.

I think I possibly ran into an issue (Mac Version) where Garven Dreis’ ability kicked in; he was on the AI opposing team, and it asked me to ‘Choose Target for Garven Dreis’ ability’ and there was no way to proceed from there :(

3 hours ago, Sbloom141 said:

I think I possibly ran into an issue (Mac Version) where Garven Dreis’ ability kicked in; he was on the AI opposing team, and it asked me to ‘Choose Target for Garven Dreis’ ability’ and there was no way to proceed from there :(

On 11.02.2018 at 7:26 PM, Sandrem said:

In the current version AI cannot select ships as a part of ability. This will be fixed in update ~next week.

41 minutes ago, Sandrem said:

YESSSS I WAS WAITING FOR THIS> GONNA CASUAL MY WAY THROUGH THE GALAXY

I'm SO ready for 0.4.2!!

For dev testing purposes, how do we build/run the game from source?

9 hours ago, dragonorta said:

For dev testing purposes, how do we build/run the game from source?

Open downloaded sources of "development" branch in Unity, press "File -> Build & Run".

But keep in mind that in usually development branch is broken (for example, at the moment simultaneous fire rule and online multiplayer don't work correctly).

When development version is stable and only few days are left for release - I post build for testing on my Patreon and my Reddit profile pages.

So 4.2 isn't released yet right?

Just now, Blail Blerg said:

So 4.2 isn't released yet right?

No, but it is almost finished. We plan to spend ~week for testing.

As a bonus, one more skin for Gunboat by TerranCmdr:

u4UG6MS.jpg

Hopefully Rebel Fenn, Hotshot Copilot, Harpoons, and Quickdraw are implemented so that I can test matchups, currently just using TTS which doesn't have AI. Ryad would also be nice.

1 minute ago, Hoffburger said:

Hopefully Rebel Fenn, Hotshot Copilot, Harpoons, and Quickdraw are implemented so that I can test matchups, currently just using TTS which doesn't have AI. Ryad would also be nice.

https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/wiki/In-the-next-version

Hotshot Copilot is not ready. But there is a chance to add it to 0.4.2 too.

Nice list of additions. Spec Ops and PA, woop!

Version 0.4.2 is released: DOWNLOAD

This looks amazing!

When I start the match the squad lists are very large and cover the entire game mat area so I can not see the actual game. Running the windows version, am I doing something wrong to cause this? is there a way to hide or minimize the on screen player lists so the game can be seen?

Many thanks, and great work!

4 minutes ago, Echoseven said:

the squad lists are very large and cover the entire game mat area so I can not see the actual game

What screen resolution do you use? Can you show screenshot with problem?

this is fanTASTIC. really nice work @Sandrem .