Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

By s1ickrick, in X-Wing

2 hours ago, Darth Wrath said:

How do you open the window to capture the error for screenshots to help Sandrem out in identifying issues?

It pops open on error for me

5 hours ago, Antipodean Ork said:

It pops open on error for me

I'm not getting anything popping up. When I run Hawk, Eta Ani and Eta Obi it locks up after Ani shoots for the first time. It never gives me an error, it just stops letting me select anything.

I thought there was a way to open the error window and screen capture what was happening.

On 12/6/2020 at 9:43 AM, Freeptop said:

If you're going to claim there are cost errors, you may want to check against the latest point updates, first:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/

All of those costs are correct as per the November 2020 point update.

You may be misreading my post. I am referring to the values in the points update, and they are not the ones in the Fly Casual app. You may want to confirm you numbers in the app before correcting others' posts.

On 12/7/2020 at 3:05 PM, Darth Wrath said:

I'm not getting anything popping up. When I run Hawk, Eta Ani and Eta Obi it locks up after Ani shoots for the first time. It never gives me an error, it just stops letting me select anything.

I thought there was a way to open the error window and screen capture what was happening.

Use "CTRL + ~" to open console manually

21 hours ago, dherve10 said:

You may be misreading my post. I am referring to the values in the points update, and they are not the ones in the Fly Casual app. You may want to confirm you numbers in the app before correcting others' posts.

My apologies - I misinterpreted how you meant that, and you are correct that I should have checked with the app first.

Edited by Freeptop
On 12/8/2020 at 1:08 PM, Freeptop said:

My apologies - I misinterpreted how you meant that, and you are correct that I should have checked with the app first.

I appreciate your humility and courtesy. Bravo.

Edited by dherve10
On 12/10/2020 at 5:44 PM, dherve10 said:

I appreciate your humility and courtesy. Bravo.

Usually I would have deleted the original post without having posted it, as per my usual policy of trying not to be a jerk, but I think 2020 is getting the best of me...

Just an FYI- qi'ra won't work as you can't TL obstacles (windows version)

Is anyone else getting a "file is damaged" error on MacOS? I can't seem to open 1.7.1.

39 minutes ago, Yank01 said:

Is anyone else getting a "file is damaged" error on MacOS? I can't seem to open 1.7.1.

Just tried it on my MacBook Pro and it seems to run okay. Maybe you got a bad download and/or unzip?

1 hour ago, Spinland said:

Just tried it on my MacBook Pro and it seems to run okay. Maybe you got a bad download and/or unzip?

I tried downloading a couple of times. I’ll try on my MacBook to see if it’s just the iMac.

Thank you!

On 12/20/2020 at 6:53 PM, Yank01 said:

On 12/20/2020 at 7:33 PM, Spinland said:

Seems, that issue is caused by new version of Unity3D.
I attached another build for MacOS (I used previous version of Unity3D): https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/releases/tag/1.7.1
I need to gather information:
1) What version of MacOS do you use?
2) Did you have "
file is damaged " error with old v1.7.1 build?

@Sandrem where will you keep us updated on this project?

2 minutes ago, LUZ_TAK said:

@Sandrem where will you keep us updated on this project?

The main place is https://www.patreon.com/Sandrem

I inform about new releases and another news in these places too:
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/
Few X-Wing Miniatures discord servers, that have Fly Casual channel. Also there is "Fly Casual Players" discord server , but it is community-based, I don't spend much time there.

Also, correct place to inform about bugs: https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/issues

2 hours ago, Sandrem said:

I need to gather information:

1) What version of MacOS do you use?
2) Did you have "
file is damaged " error with old v1.7.1 build?

1) I'm using Big Sur 11.1

2) I had the "file is damaged" error with the old 1.7.1. build, but the 1.7 build and before work fine on this version of MacOS (11.1)

I downloaded the new Mac build that you just posted and it's working great. Thank you for fixing it and for everything!!!

Hey Sandrem with the forums closing you might want to create a discord channel for this.....

Man, without this thread getting bumped, I feel like I’m not going to be able to tell when a new version of Fly Casual is out...

17 minutes ago, Matanui3 said:

Man, without this thread getting bumped, I feel like I’m not going to be able to tell when a new version of Fly Casual is out...

Just play it regularly - you will see notification about new version in the app.

Not sure if this has been asked already but if so my apologies. If not will fly casual continue or no? But if so, how can we continue to reach out to contact you?

Btw thanks for providing this for us. It has been a great asset and as for myself much appreciated.

With this being said i just read your post Sandrem.

Edited by Flyingbrick

tie phantom's decloack and collisision detector does't work properly.

If you are on an asteroid and decloak in a way that the decloacking 2 straight template doesn't overlap the asteroid (the one you are on) the game make you spend a collision detector charge also if there is no need.

Has anyone tried installing/playing on a Chromebook? Wondering:

1) Is it compatible at all?

2) If compatible, how well does it run?

13 hours ago, Scrivner said:

Has anyone tried installing/playing on a Chromebook? Wondering:

1) Is it compatible at all?

2) If compatible, how well does it run?

It depends on your CPU architecture, if you're trying to do the Linux build in the Linux subsystem. If it's an ARM-based processor, you're out of luck. Intel/AMD processors should work but might struggle depending on performance for each.

I haven't tried the APK build as I didn't want to put my CB into developer mode. I think they've made it so there is a way to do this without developer mode now, but you still need to jump through some hoops (found this thread where they are discussing sideloading APKs - https://www.reddit.com/r/chromeos/comments/k9muhm/install_apks_without_developer_mode_on_chromeos/ ). There may be some CBs where turning on the ADB needed for sideloading doesn't work, so YMMV.

I also highly suggest checking out the chromeos subreddit in general for chromebook tricks and stuff. They've got guides there on stuff like the Linux subsystem.

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark

A few things I've noted.

Assaj pays no force cost to use her ability.

Ships tractored forward onto a rock do not roll for damage.

Acquiring a lock through Kalani was granting the carrier, Grievous in this case, a focus token in addition to the friendly lock.

One more I just remembeted. Tracers can be fired without lock, focus or calc. Only tried with an Inq, so can't rule out force. I'm a good boy, so I don't fire them, but did by accident today. They not only gave me locks, but also did damage. Bargain.

Edited by Cuz05

@Sandrem if I open a thread like this on BGG, will you keep us updated like you do here?