Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

By s1ickrick, in X-Wing

Resolution is 720 x 400

Just now, Echoseven said:

Resolution is 720 x 400

I see... At the moment game runs correctly with resolutions from 1360x768 to 1920x1080.

I plan to add UI scaling for combat (same as used in squad builder) in one of the next versions.

Thanks for the swift response.

And for the amazing job, this really does look great :)

I would love it if in hot seat mode the view switched sides of the table when players turns ended. It’s a beautiful sim though, well done!

1 minute ago, Estarriol said:

I would love it if in hot seat mode the view switched sides of the table when players turns ended. It’s a beautiful sim though, well done!

Thank you for the idea =)

Edited by Sandrem

I absolutely love this. ( I have no regular opponents nearby), thanks much.

Me too. Start looking for games!

Love this so far. Any idea when Lightweight Frame will be implemented?

19 hours ago, T70 Driver said:

Love this so far. Any idea when Lightweight Frame will be implemented?

Soon.

Since it’s community based, people add stuff as they finish them.

@Sandrem I love this simulator so much and am so excited to see what's to come! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Do you have any intentions of an IOS release?

6 minutes ago, Nate0026 said:

Do you have any intentions of an IOS release?

My project is free, but iOS development requires a licence to buy. I already spend a huge amount of time on this project and don't like an idea to spend even my own money just to get few more "thank you" messages from players =)

So I will build iOS version only if I get money from community (after ~5 months of public development donations for iOS build are $0/99)

Also, I am not sure that Apple will allow this simulator for App Store, so, maybe, you will require jailbreak for you device to run iOS build.

Ah, I completely understand. I wouldn't want to do that either! Wasn't aware of Apple's requirements to get on the App Store.

Loving it so far! So much easier than Vassal. The X-Wing Community thanks you!

18 hours ago, Nate0026 said:

Ah, I completely understand. I wouldn't want to do that either! Wasn't aware of Apple's requirements to get on the App Store.

Loving it so far! So much easier than Vassal. The X-Wing Community thanks you!

Yes Apple is sadly years behind when it comes to allowing new apps onto their IOS system.

Such an amazing software! I love it!

Might just be me, but ships that get harpooned to death become zombies and don't die.

5 minutes ago, Carth sucks said:

Might just be me, but ships that get harpooned to death become zombies and don't die.

Seems that this is bug in simultaneous attack rule. I plan to fix this in hotfix soon.

Edited by Sandrem
4 hours ago, Sandrem said:

Seems that this is bug in simultaneous attack rule. I plan to fix this in hotfix soon.

I believe that to be the case, have been running with ps2 bombers vs ps2 xwings.

Tested with harpoons, proton bombs, cruise missiles, and clusters.

My son says that Juke causes it to lock up on my laptop.

Just now, Gullwind said:

My son says that Juke causes it to lock up on my laptop.

I know about this problem, will be fixed in hotfix too.

Have played about 30 games so far, love it... :)

Hy there,

what an AWESOME software! I just love it.

Of course I have a few bugs here and there like the red text prompted or fighters not exploding when being killed by rockets but yet this is so much fun I don't mind at all. Keep up the good work and thanks for making my day!

The most welcome addition to the X-wing world - apart from real ships.

For me, the best part is that it runs on Linux. Also, it's a smart move to implement HotAC AI rules. Which would make a written version of the AI rules desirable for real play - I assume that the implementation surpasses the original, with worked-out details for so many pilots and upgrades ...

Warning for Linux/Laptop users: game full-screen doesn't resume after laptop suspend. (I guess this is a Unity flaw which can't be fixed.)

11 minutes ago, Canopus said:

I assume that the implementation surpasses the original, with worked-out details for so many pilots and upgrades ...

AI still doesn't know hot to do Boost / Barrel Roll / Decloak. All another rules of HotAC AI are present.

I added only universal way to select actions / ability targets / dice modification order - this is very useful for such big number of upgrades.

Edited by Sandrem

Version 0.4.2 Hotfix 1 - DOWNLOAD

"Zombie"-ship and few other bugs are fixed

$end this man $ome love!