Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

By s1ickrick, in X-Wing

31 minutes ago, Ghostrider58 said:

Ok have played a few games love this program, one question how do I change the map????

Under Options on the Main Menu screen.

Just tried the program for the first time today, this is great! been flying flight assit astromech Xwings because I don't have that card. :)

9 hours ago, Sir Orrin said:

Just tried the program for the first time today, this is great! been flying flight assit astromech Xwings because I don't have that card. :)

Outside tournaments, is there any reason not to proxy it?

8 hours ago, Giledhil said:

Outside tournaments, is there any reason not to proxy it?

I just brought all my stuff to college so I'm only doing casual stuff with my friends and I am so proxying it! I just forgot about the card till I was using this program.

@ Sandrem Absolutely love this program, You have done an amazing job. I moved to college and my friend back home and myself were when if/when the multyplayer feature would be implemented. My room showed up on his room browsing page but he could not join it.

OMG, thank you for this

16 minutes ago, Sir Orrin said:

My room showed up on his room browsing page but he could not join it.

Seems that I see what was broken. Password is asked even if there is no password for created room.

I will fix this later, meanwhile try to create room with simple password.

Is it possible to set up an opt-in button that will auto check for new updates?

34 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

Is it possible to set up an opt-in button that will auto check for new updates?

If new version was released, then you will see notification in main menu of old version:

87fABNj.jpg

Edited by Sandrem

You're gorgeous Sandrem.

Do I just suck, or the AI is decent? :D

Hi Sandrem!

Been trying to running on android but couldn't because of sys requierments... Which are those? I mean for android to run it...

Thanks men, this seems awesome!

6 hours ago, Sandrem said:

If new version was released, then you will see notification in main menu of old version:

87fABNj.jpg

Thanks so much! I just noticed this the other day. Awesome.

18 minutes ago, RufusDaMan said:

I think it's HotAC AI, right? That definitely takes some getting used to. They make their moves based on where you are, so if you move before them you get destroyed.

22 hours ago, Sandrem said:

Seems that I see what was broken. Password is asked even if there is no password for created room.

I will fix this later, meanwhile try to create room with simple password.

It worked! played a game with my friend last night! Thanks Sandrem!

I'm going to start looking for games on this soon. Should we make a new thread for finding Fly Casual Xwing Sim games?

FCXS.

First test flight in multiplayer, just 2 small things that bothered us :

- too bad player 2 has to wait for player 1 to have dialed his moves, and then only can do so.
- game really needs a button to click between activation phase and combat phase; often enough one player ends up skipping firing with his highest PS ship.

Other than that, it works like a charm, congrats !

On 29/01/2018 at 3:46 PM, RufusDaMan said:

I was wondering the same thing myself! :lol:

I feel like this is a bit underappreciated. Why don't we talk about this more? :D

This looks great, cant wait to test it properly.

I did notice one thing in my 'lets have a look' game, is there any way of locking the table in (as in not allowing it to rotate) i found it spinning around a bit and just leaving a corner of the board (on android)

Haha. hmm. Advanced Cloaking Device is not activating for the AI....

@Sandrem . First of all this is hilariously fun!!! Ahh. I played a game against AI just for kicks. Tried Vader + 3 NuPoons vs Whisper RAC.

You said where was the best place to put bug reports?

Enhancements (low priority):
AI should use Missiles and Torpedoes and Cannons(when they have a better dice vs dice grouping) whenever possible (If TL and correct range).
AI should Cloak and use FCS triggers, also use FAA triggers.
(AI Should learn to use BR and Boost if no target to fire - this seems a bit hard)

Bug fixes:
Vader was able to do a 4k into another 4k. Forgot to check if stress was assigned or if it had no effect. edit: The issue is not assigning stress tokens to AI.
Once while choosing to always for Whisper's ability, then choosing FCS trigger, I was not given choice to trigger cloak.
I think sometimes the AI gets an extra TL + F for one action. Its hard to tell.

Suggestions:
Override mode - (Menu option)
Clicking this allows you to change actions or movements on AI. You can also assign things like stress or focus or tokens/triggers that the game forgot to automate correctly. (Optional: If the game doesn't agree with your change, it simply forces you to use override mode for the rest of the game.)
Add a mouse-over or floating icon for tokens next to the ship models.

What was AWESOME!!!!!:
Everything worked! Everything else worked! Ahh, the AI did make moves and attacks. Its all automated. ACD and FCS have triggers! Ahh. It correctly stops me from attacking out of arc and out of range or if I'm cloaked!!!!1 AHHHHHH. SO GOOD.

It stops me from doing illegal moves.

All the action choices and all the BR and decloak options are there! It stops you from doing illegal BRs and Boosts and decloaks automatically. AHHHHHHHH. I'm so happy. Your baby is gorgeous.

It kind of knows not to fly off the board. That's good.

It makes PEW PEW NOISES!!!!! =) It has different noises for engine effects! IT HAD R2D2 SCREAMING WHEN INTEGRATED AUTO BLOWS UP.

Going to try something easier on the game next time. Some BBBBZ or something vs 2 Deci

Edited by Blail Blerg
8 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

You said where was the best place to put bug reports?

https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/issues

AI should use Missiles and Torpedoes and Cannons(when they have a better dice vs dice grouping) whenever possible (If TL and correct range).

I will check, in previous versions AI used them.

AI should Cloak and use FCS triggers, also use FAA triggers.
(AI Should learn to use BR and Boost if no target to fire - this seems a bit hard)

I will check FCS.

Advanced Cloak and FAA will work for AI much later, AI at the moment doesn't know how to perform Boost/BR/Decloak

Vader was able to do a 4k into another 4k. Forgot to check if stress was assigned or if it had no effect. edit: The issue is not assigning stress tokens to AI.
I think sometimes the AI gets an extra TL + F for one action.

This is behavior of "Heroes of Aturi Cluster" AI. AI doesn't get stress for red maneuvers (just skips action) and can acquire TL before movement.

Override mode - (Menu option)

Not in plans. Idea of this application - full automation, without need of manual changes.

Add a mouse-over or floating icon for tokens next to the ship models.

In plans, like ID of ships are shown while ALT button is pressed. Also I plan to show just-taken tokens above ships for few seconds in the same way as just-taken damage is shown.

Edited by Sandrem
4 hours ago, Sandrem said:

This is behavior of "Heroes of Aturi Cluster" AI. AI doesn't get stress for red maneuvers (just skips action) and can acquire TL before movement.

I must have missed the memo on this... but could I plead with you that the Ai be taught to use stress correctly, according to the real rules? I know this is a "casual" simulator (its actually much more awesome than just casual), but a very large number of people play according to the official rules.

Is this due to difficulty in AI quality?

45 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

could I plead with you that the Ai be taught to use stress correctly, according to the real rules?

AI is complex. I use AI of HotAC and this saved me a lot of time of development. I don't plan to spend so much time to add one more AI.
Game supports different types of AI. So if there is a programmer who wants to spend own time to add based on real rules AI - welcome!

Goal of AI is to provide fun. AI always will be stupid. The only way to make fun game instead of easy win - to allow AI to cheat in some way. So when I had choice to add stupid boring AI that follows all official rules or still stupid HotAC AI that cheats to at least provide fun games - I chose second way.

If you want to play using official rules - play with another players instead of AI.

Edited by Sandrem