Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

By s1ickrick, in X-Wing

On 1/21/2018 at 7:45 AM, niyohn said:

How do you load and save squadrons? I cannot seem to find the button to do that.

When you're generating a new squadron, up by "My Squadron" you'll see two arrows, one pointing up, one down. Click on those and it gives you the option to save/load, etc.

YmlU8km.jpg

hLKtdFX.jpg

Edited by Force Majeure

This is great

Edited by nexttwelveexits

Thanks @ Force Majeure ! @ Sandrem this is tool is amazing, kudos to you man and time well spent!

What is your roadmap for the next few months? I have started training on it!

Not sure if other people mentioned this, but I tried to import squads from xwing builder UK and it didn't work.

Edited by niyohn

@ Rexler Brath thank you!

1 minute ago, niyohn said:

@ Rexler Brath thank you!

Your welcome!

Supposed to be doing HW right now but I intend to give this a try! Thank you Sandrem for sharing your passion project with us for no charge, not all heroes wear capes.

Really enjoying this. Thank you for making it. I don’t have table-top simulator, and Vassal just isn’t as fluid as this is. FFG should hire you for an official digital port of X-Wing!

Been trying it on a WebGL version - https://sandrem.github.io/ - which seems to be a much older version. Is there an online player updated to the current version somewhere?

This is a really good resource - been trying out some assorted squads and planning next buys accordingly

4 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

WebGL version

Size of game is increased a lot (~200 MB now, ~400 MB in "awesomeness"-branch).

I don't think that WebGL version that downloads so much data is a good idea, so it was abandoned when size of game became greater than 100 MB.

Thanks for the latest bug fix, it took care of my Vynder-advanced SLAM-PTL problem. Appreciate it.

On 1/19/2018 at 2:27 PM, Force Majeure said:

Right-click and drag the the mouse while you hold down the button.

:ph34r: 'd again!

I got this popping up some how. I've had to quit and start a new game. Just twice so far, out of two games.

d4tBQUt.jpg

How do you stop this?

23 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

How do you stop this?

Try to update to version 0.4.1, it has some fixes.
If you have such problems in 0.4.1 - provide screenshots (I need to see text of error), I will try to fix.

I can't seem to figure out how to change the colors of the ships since the new update was released. Figured it out; keep up the good work!

Edited by impspy

Excellent work, much thanks!!

So is it possible to do 2 player? I guess not? With the intent that the dev doesn't want this to supercede the real game?

THIS IS SOOOO AMAZING. ITS EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED FROM TTS (well, almost all the cards) and all automated. and a;sdkjfalkjsdbfajksdnfkjasdnfkjdsnfjkdsnfjkdnfkjdnfjkdnfd

This is the best thing that's happened in like years.

I'm guessing each card has to be programmed in? Which is why we don't see a lot of named pilots? (Like Kylo and QD?)

This is amazing! Great job! When I first saw a ship doing a barrel roll, I was like "wooooow!" :D

2 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

I'm guessing each card has to be programmed in? Which is why we don't see a lot of named pilots? (Like Kylo and QD?)

Yes, each rule and ability requires programming and development of full-automated version of the game it not an easy task =)

QD is in development now. Kylo Ren, rebel Fenn Rau, Harpoon Missiles, Nym are planned for the next update.

Game has hot-seat mode and online multiplayer (not a final version, a lot of polishing is still needed).

Edited by Sandrem
3 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

So is it possible to do 2 player? I guess not? With the intent that the dev doesn't want this to supercede the real game?

Hotseat is the 2 player mode.

15 hours ago, Sandrem said:

If you have such problems in 0.4.1 - provide screenshots (I need to see text of error), I will try to fix.

Do we post them here?

1 hour ago, Force Majeure said:

Do we post them here?

I don't want to flood comments with bugs =)

Post them to PM, or report directly to https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/issues

Ok have played a few games love this program, one question how do I change the map????