Sorry About The Mess: Arena C

By Richardbuxton, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

I am aroundish, I've been so busy that I haven't been able to think of much.

I'll take the freedom to GM here (or at least set the scene so you two can start at anytime)

Heat 3C @Imperial Stormtrooper with Omega vs @LordBritish with Tanson Stryder

Range : 92 Long Range

Initative : 94 Vigilance

Destiny: @Imperial Stormtrooper choose low or high, @LordBritish may roll the D100, after that the winner choose his Destiny

The Scene: Welcome to New Alderaan, in a mild clima in a valley of the Highlands between meadows and a river, a little comune of Alderran Survivors is buildung a little village. Right now there are 10 buildings (Cityhaal, Groceryshop, a small tower for the "spaceport" (just an open field) and some houses for the refugees) in different states of construction, but not one is finished, the whole village is a construction side. right now the Dusk is near and all the people are in the little tentcity next to the construction side to eat, sleep and just relaxing after a hard day of work.

In the construction village, there are all kinds of tools and materials. Different leviations are accessable and it is easy to find cover anywhere , and behind each corner there may be any Hazard you can think of...

Specials:
1. Best Cover: using the Cover maneuver grants a bonus of +2 against Range weapons.
2. Wet Duraconcret: a Despair may be used to put an enemy into an Ensnare 3 trap that will need a medium coordination check to escape (otherwise the character can escape after 3 rounds automatically)
3. Dusk: it is getting dark with in the Valley. One setback to all Vision related checks (e.g. perception, vigilance (even at the initative roll) , attacks)

Good hunt you two!

Edited by Nightone

I'll say low this time.

Hey @Imperial Stormtrooper I'm sorry about this but I have to withdraw. Due to the stress placed on me my heart isn't into anything atm.

Ok I stand in and will take up Tanson.

Roll for Destiny : 63 it's high, Tanson may choose: since he just had an evil dark encounter, his spirits got darkend: Choose darkside

Roll for Destinypool : 1eF : 1 Dark Side [1eF=DS]
f-ds.png

Initative (vigilance including setback) : 2eA+1eP+1eS : 1 success, 3 advantage [2eA=A/A, A/A] [1eP=S] [1eS=Th]
a-a-a.png a-a-a.png p-s.png s-th.png

well that could have been better. So Tanson will suffer 2 Strain for Rapid Reaction to add two success to the Roll.

3 Successes, 3 Advantages

WT:0/12 ST:2/17 DP: 1B+?

you may roll your Dice @Imperial Stormtrooper

Edited by Nightone

Ups overlooked the Scanner googles which would removed the that black one, so it is

3 Sucesses and 4 Advantages ^^

Let's have a Duell!

Edited by Nightone

Destiny Point Roll : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

hmm....

Vigilance : 1eP+1eA+1eS 3 successes, 1 threat
p-s-s.png a-s.png s-th.png

so close to actually going first....

Tanson walked along the construction yard of this little soon-to-be-city, where he was employed for an easy guard job.

After what happend on mustafar he needed something that would bring money (this Verpine doc on Corellia wasn't cheap at all) and that would give him time to get a better feeling for his new cybernetic arm.

Brother somehow this life isn't nearly as glamorouse as you had writen in your jornals... Nether the work for the Hutts, nor the freelancing with adventures was really successfull yet...

tanson stopped as he saw in the distance the silhoutte of an humanoid beeing. His scannergoogles identified the person as not affiliated with the alderaanian refugees, so it had to be an intruder...

Crap!!! May be a saboteur! ok this time I wont run! Time to show my worth! ... watch me brother! but first things first!

Tanson took the pill out of the beltpocket and shoved it down, immediatly the engergy rush kicked in!

"Hey bastard, this is private proberty and intruders will be shoot. Without further warning!" he shouted while drawing one of his betrusted Lancers.

(Quickdraw to take the booster Blue in hand, 1 maneuver to take it. Improved Quickdraw for Lancer. 2 Booster due to quickstrike rank 2, scannergoogles let me ignore view setbacks)

The check will be YYYYBBBPPP

do you want to use Dodge @Imperial Stormtrooper ??

Edited by Nightone

Yes, twice.

WT: 0/18

ST: 2/14

http://orokos.com/roll/544001

4eP+3eB+1eD+2eC: 1 success, 1 advantage [4eP=-, S/A, A, S] [3eB=-, A, A/A] [1eD=Th] [2eC=F/Th, Th/Th

Set trigger adds 1 Auto success and 1 auto threat.
So 2 successes = 11 damage with pierce 2

Sure hit! Not enought to take the intruder down. Tanson jumped into cover before the opponent could retaliate.

(Second Maneuver for 2 strain: Taking Cover, adding 2 setback to any range attack)

WT: 0/12 ST: 4/17 DP:2B

Edited by Nightone

Ok so I'll take cover (+2 ranged defense and +1 soak), then suffer 2 strain to pull out my energy bow, then attack back.

So, the normal 3 difficulty is reduced to 2 by my telescopic optical sight, and a setback for dusk.

I didn't see any defensive talents on the sheet so I'm just going to roll

Attacking the shooter : 4eP+1eA+2eD+1eS 1 failure, 4 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-a.png p-tr.png p-a.png p-s-a.png a-a.png d-f-f.png d-f.png s--.png

Uh, what?? so +1 advantage so 1 Failure, 5 Advantage, 1 Triumph

I'll spend the triumph to force you to drop what you're wielding, 3 advantage to gain +1 range defense, and add a setback to your next check.

So, 3 Ranged defense, +1 setback for dusk, +1 setback. 5+1 soak, and I'll dodge if you attack me next round.

Omega recoiled at the blaster that had been fired at him, ducking behind some concrete barriers, he pulled out his energy bow why does everyone talk too much he thought to himself, he had just needed to sneak through this area without being spotted but that hadn't happened. He popped back up over the barrier and fired at what he assumed was a guard for the construction area. And missed, what, how???? it had been so long since he had missed, but the guard looked very disoriented by his attack, maybe he had a chance to survive this after all.

WT: 8/18

ST: 4/14

DP: 2 Dark

You forgot to roll two setback for my cover. (From my second maneuver)

Edited by Nightone
3 hours ago, Nightone said:

(Quickdraw to take the booster Blue in hand, 1 maneuver to take it. Improved Quickdraw for Lancer. 2 Booster due to quickstrike rank 2, scannergoogles let me ignore view setbacks)

I didn't see any take cover maneuver here, and I didn't see anything in the role-play part of the post indicating that either.

55 minutes ago, Nightone said:

2 successes = 11 damage with pierce 2

Sure hit! Not enought to take the intruder down. Tanson jumped into cover before the opponent could retaliate.

(Second Maneuver for 2 strain: Taking Cover, adding 2 setback to any range attack)

Second maneuver came after my attack ^^

Edited by Nightone

Hmm. so it did... can't believe I missed that...

Need Read more carefully (aka forgotten setbacks) : 2eS 0 successes, 1 threat
s-th.png s--.png

In that case I'll add a boost to my next check rather than a setback to yours. Still going to make you drop your weapon and gain +1 ranged defense.

So I have 3 ranged defense, +1 setback from dusk, and 5+1 soak.

And I'm still going to dodge (x2) if you attack me.

The enemy aimed well... but not well enought. That guy missed... Then Tanson realized that he had losen the grip of his Lancer, it had fallen to ground.

Ohh come on Tanson what would your brother tell you for this mistake?! Ok no Harm done, yet... just keep the show ongoing!

He picked the Lancer up and in a swift motion he drawed his second Lancer. After a deep breath he looked at his target tried to take aim and fire both blasters at the intruder.

(Maneuver for pickup of the Weapon, quickdraw for second lancer, suffer two strain for blazing guns, aim for 2 strain, ignoring the dusk setback due googles.)

Attack with two weapons. The new lancer is the primary weapon.

http://orokos.com/roll/544016

4eP+2eB+1eD+2eC+3eS: 5 successes, 3 threat [4eP=S/S, S/S, S, A/A] [2eB=S, -] [1eD=Th/Th] [2eC=Th, F] [3eS=Th, -, Th]

I will Flip one DP to switch the yellow 2 advantages to 1 Triumph (unmatched fortune)

the new lancer adds 1 Auto success and 1 auto thread.

will use the Triumph to hit also with the second weapon.

Total = 7 successes, 1 Triumph and 8 Threat.

so 2× 16 damage each with pierce 2.

That should take you out.

Final crit http://orokos.com/roll/544019

24 + 10 LB = 34 Stunned.

"Diiieeee!!" An endless stream of blaster bolts destroyed the cover of the intruder and then mowed him down.

Brother I'm able to do it. Able to follow in your footsteps!

So how do I tell the boss about this mess...?

Ending with WT: 0/12 ST: 8/17 DP: 1/1

Edited by Nightone

Heat 4C @Imperial Stormtrooper with Omega vs @SavageBob with Pango

13 = Rocky Mountain Side

Initative Skill: http://orokos.com/roll/557682

39 = Cool (you both are aware off each other)

Starting Range: http://orokos.com/roll/557683

46= Medium

Destiny Pool: @Imperial Stormtrooper choose high or low, then @SavageBob shall roll the d100 winner decides on color.

You also may roll initative any time.

Welcome to the Rocky mountain side of the high mount Talis on Wayland. There are lot of evelations on the mountain , but be carefull there is a very deep drop down all the way down to the jungel. You two are at a high of 4500 meters (14763 feet) the air is still breathable but chilling the strong an chilling winds will cost theire tributs.

1 Black dice for the strong winds to every check that is body related (climbing, attacking, jumping, coordination and so on...)
You may use any rules of the enviorment chart!

PNG0-LIN was dropped at this location by the Hutt that is determing the little droids (and therefore his creators) destiny since the beginning of this macabre tournament, where a lot of particians doesn't know that they parcitipate... after his victory over the Twi'lek onboard of the freighter, he was complicated... at least it sounded that way... somehow.

His Opponent was a Kyuzo named Omega, he was just crawling over a ridge into sight. Omega was put here by someone unknown to him, that saved his behind on new alderaan when he was fetched up up some siriuos injuries some local spitfiring maniac had layed upon him... a now there is this little droid in front of him... somehow it looks like it will attack real soon.

Additional: you both have TDs, you should make a short decision if you both want them to be in your inventary or not!

High, and I'm going to wait on initiative until after the destiny pool is formed.

What do you think about the TDs @SavageBob ?

A few questions: My character sheet still shows Pango at the end of his duel with Arissa (with Strain inflicted, etc.). I don't think I was ever awarded XP for the duel. Were you for yours, IS? What's the XP award for a win?

Second, on the TDs: I was actually saving up for the Time to Go talent as a counter to yours, which is why I'm asking about the XP awards. I think I'm due 5 XP, which would be enough to get it with the 5 I banked from my last match. :) That said, one-hit kills are boring, so I wasn't planning to use mine. I'd be amenable to a gentlebeings' agreement to not use them.

Oh, and coin flip : http://orokos.com/roll/557736

Edited by SavageBob

5 Xp for each win,

you did win against Arissa, Grrwalryhh and Cheevil so you gained 15 Exp since creation @SavageBob

5 hours ago, SavageBob said:

That said, one-hit kills are boring, so I wasn't planning to use mine. I'd be amenable to a gentlebeings' agreement to not use them.

I can agree to that, I'm quite tired of one-hit kills.

So @SavageBob do you want light or dark?

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper

Ah, I'll go light side.

Edited by SavageBob

Force points : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

FYI: Just purchased Side Step and Point Blank from the Merc Soldier tree with my saved up XP.

Edited by SavageBob

: 1eF 1 Light Side
f-ls.png

Then I'm going to flip my DP to upgrade my initiative check.

Destiny Point Roll : 1eP+1eA 2 successes
p-s-s.png a--.png

lol, which turns out to be completely meaningless :lol:

Initiative (Cool) : 1eP+1eA 2 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-s.png a-a-a.png

Looks like Pango gets the drop on you!

Guapa had been pleased by the past couple of matches, even if Pango had lost the exhibition match against the Wookiee. The Hutt had had a brainstorm afterward: What about a survival-style pairing, in the mountains, wilderness all around? That would make for great viewing for the underground viewers Guapa was getting paid by. If Pango could sigh, he would have. The mountains were desolate and windy. And now he was facing off against some Kyuzo mountain man who could jump all over.

But there he was: Just over the ridge, not too far away. The droid ran a quick diagnostic: Everything was operational. Time to throw some grenades.

IS, how do you want to handle your Dodge talent? It's an incidental, so should I ask you if you plan to use it before each attack, and if so how many ranks (1 or 2)? I'm about to throw a grenade at you, but I want to make sure I know the difficulty before I do so. :)