Sorry About The Mess: Arena C

By Richardbuxton, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

(I think 5 successes is enough that I don't need any help, so I'll go with a free maneuver for the 2 advantage and aim, then upgrade my next check with the triumph.)

Omega heard the sound of the trap going off, head still ringing from his opponents attack he came up with a plan I need to end this quickly, but I can't do that from here. Then he realized what he needed to do, pulling out one of his grenades he found a spot of total darkness near his cover, and he tried to fade into it suspecting that his opponent would be too distracted with the trap to notice where he was going. Once he was in position he saw he had a decent line of sight to his opponent between a pair of crates that had been placed on the platform, certain that he would not be seen Omega got his angles set to throw the grenade if his attacker got closer, and waited.

Do we know how wide this alley is? I'm thinking Arrther would try going up the opposite side, perhaps a manoeuvre to get to those stairs and a second to go up a ways.

Most real world alleys would be short range across, but you never know with Star Wars. Sounds like something for our ref to decide. @Nightone ?

yes, I would say an dark side alley should be just about short range side by side.

One buildung is slightly tilted, but that difference will be taken to account at ten floors above the ground (where the range becomes medium)

" I'll get you yet you dam leaping flurbor, I hunted them on the outer rim just like I'm gonna hunt you. Gaaa " dam trap . From above the sound of clanging can be heard as Arrther drags the mantrap across to the other side of the alley. There, with one last kick the thing finally comes off.

Holding both Saber and shield together he drops a Stimpack out of its quick access holder before stabbing it into his neck. The cool chill of the bacta acting fills his body instantly and the wounds on his leg close over, the aches gone. Looking back up across the alley he watches for any shots from his foe.

(Manoeuvre to cross to the stairs opposite Omega. Incidental to draw a Stimpack, second manoeuvre for 2 Strain to use the Stimpack. The rest is just fluff about the Staggered ending)

w 0/17

s 8/13

destiny 1/1

Edited by Richardbuxton

@Richardbuxton Little reminder: your are actually dual wielding (shield counts as an meele weapon and occupies a Hand.)

So ether you'll have to put away your lightsaber via inbuild Quick Draw as an incidential to grab the stimpack Then you would standing with shield but without LS at the end of the round.

Or you let the LS as incidentials fall grab and use the Stimpack and then use the magnethig tether to grab the LS as incidentials as it is engaged with you.

Wouldn't change the outcome but it would reflect on your character how he sees his sword (let it fall to the really slimy ground or keep it safe at you belt?).

EDIT: At this point I really apologize for the bad spelling that alway occurs on my side...

Edited by Nightone

Fair enough, I thought the whole dropping thing was cheesy so I went with something a little less so. Since he used neither to attack this round it seemed plausible. An alternative would be he would probably toss it up in the air considering his theme, Stim himself, then use the tether to catch it before it fell.

Yeah works with me. (Most important that way you keep the def bonus of your shield intact [think you will need it very soon!])

ok back to the scene: And action!!!!

Edited by Nightone

Ok, so unless I'm mistaken we're at short range of each other, so I'm going to aim, then suffer two strain to preform the ambush manuvear, and filp a dp to upgrade my pool, then attack with the grenade (with a pool of PPPPPBBCSSSSS). But before that happens do you want to flip a dp (or do anything else you can do)?

WT: 18/18

ST: 7/14

Destiny Pool: 1 Light, 1 Dark

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper

It should still be Medium range since your still one level higher than me (and 1 across), so 2 difficulty. I don't have anything active that will upgrade the check as far as I'm aware and I'll not flip the Destiny so difficulty stays at DDSSSSS

Edited by Richardbuxton

Yep still Medium.

I only went up one, and away one so if you went up I can't be higher than you, right?

If it's medium range, I can't attack since it's a short range grenade, so if that's the case, I think I'm still hidden so I'll just aim, and not do anything else.

With his foe still in hiding Arrther has nothing more to do than climb the fire escape. He chooses one opposite the Kyuzo no point walking into another one of those traps .

One flight up he pauses for a moment, wary of anything that could leap so far.

(One manoeuvre to climb, a second to Side Step. Arrther is now opposite you in the alley at the same height... this is going to hurt!)

{Ok, so now I'll preform the ambush maneuver, flip the dp, then throw.

Shaped Thermal Grenade Round 2 : 5eP+2eB+1eC+5eS 2 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-s.png p-s.png p-s-a.png b-s-a.png b--.png c-f.png s-th.png s-f.png s-f.png s-f.png s-th.png

Well... 20+4 from ambush, +2 successes. so 26 damage. 2 advantage +1 from blind spot, so I'll trigger a crit (coming up), and recover 1 strain (just in case)

Crit against Arrther : 1d100+50 60

Agonizing Wound: "The target increases the difficulty of all Brawn and Agility checks by one until the end of the encounter."

eh... could have been better/worse}

Omega saw his chance his target was just across the alley, throwing his grenade... it found its mark in an explosion that shook the building. Omega paused to see what was left of his opponent.

WT: 18/18

ST: 6/14

Destiny: 2 Dark

{Edit: oh, and I'll be dodging twice if you attack me back, I think you'll survive my attack. 4 setbacks for you also.}

Out of the darkness across the alley his foe suddenly stands and lobs a small object, red flashing lights blinking on it Not again! With lightning fast reflexes Arrther flicks out at the incoming device managing to turn it slightly before it goes off.

(26 Damage: Soak 7, Reflect 5 more for 3 Strain, that's 14 wounds 3 Strain and a nasty Crit.)

W 14/17

S 11/13

Destiny 0L/2D

" Arrrghhhh !!!!" The pain was immense, his muscles ached and his head rang with the explosion " Catch this you sneaky Flurbor. " It was a last ditch effort since his Saber rarely came back to him, but anyone who has anti tank equipment to throw around was not worth keeping alive...

(Throwing at Short, Increased difficulty for Crit, 1 Setback for Cover, 3 setback for darkness, DDSSSS... dodge?)

Edited by Richardbuxton

Yes, so CCSSSS.

11 Damage, with Breach 1. Then a Triumph and 3 Advantage. I think a cinematic end would be for the entire fire escape to fall from under Omega?

Saber Throw across the alley at Omega : 2eA+3eP+1eB+2eC+4eS+1eF 1 success, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph, 1 Light Side
a-a-a.png a-s-s.png p-tr.png p-a-a.png p-a-a.png b--.png c-f-f.png c-th-th.png s--.png s-th.png s--.png s--.png f-ls.png

I'm fine with that, much more dramatic than my last defeat.

Well played @Richardbuxton I almost survived that attack but the setback dice didn't help me. I think my lack of good initiative and the fact there's only a 1/3 chance of starting at long range has not help my character so far.

Well I have 20 xp to try and correct some of these issues.

That was a really tense and fun match. That trap was awesome. I'm really surprised you didn't get the bow out as soon as Arrther was Staggered. Damage 9 with knockdown would have forced me to either Reflect or take damage, you could have forced him into a position or running out of Strain and then couldn't reflect the Shaped TD.

I felt that I was at the point that I had only one attack to try and finish the fight, since you could just get back up and saber throw the second round. I also was not confident of getting the advantage I needed to trigger knockdown with the bow. The fact that ambush is a maneuver makes it a bit harder to use since I can't switch weapons and use it.

I loved how the trap worked out, it was probably what went best for me the entire match. Now I want to make a trailblazer character for a full game (pbp or in-person), its just such a fun ability to use.

It does require a cooperative enemy, it would be better if it was a Short range instead of Engaged, but so long as the GM is cool and not competitive then yes it's definitely an awesome ability. The extent to which you can disable your foe with it is impressive.

I can definitely see now the huge advantage that Agility has with its connection to both the Ranged and Stealth skills in these competitions. A high Cunning or Perception would be a real benefit to opponents. I really wish now that I had taken the Misdirect power instead of the Sense power, to be able to hide is extremely powerful in controlling these encounters. Twice now Arrther has had foes disappearing on him putting them at their mercy.

Something to cause Strain damage would be useful for Omega, my character can take an absolute beating of wounds but has no way at all to recover Strain without Advantage from skill checks.

Arrthers wins, within the darked alley he stands on his Podest above the ground where he buried his enemy.

Meanwhile Omega goes down with all the metal of the stairs that didn't led him to victory.

Great roleplay you two!

I'll be honest, I almost didn't stop for the Stimpack but at the last moment it seemed to go well with him after getting a trap sprung on his leg... if I hadn't then the grenade would have put Arrther at 18/17 wounds and he would have lost. Those vital couple of rounds of ceasefire gave him the victory

Are you out there @LordBritish ?