Sorry About The Mess: Arena C

By Richardbuxton, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

@Richardbuxton Shouldn't there be two challenge dice? Medium range is average then upgraded twice?

I used a manoeuvre to get to Short, sorry it's in the description but not the list of actions.

I'm happy re-roll or at least reroll the difficulty if you would like

Well if you don't I'm dead so...

Please, if you don't mind. I'm really regretting not springing for cortosis.

I actually survived an attack!

So, what are you going to do with that triumph? Also, do either of us know where your lightsaber ended up?

5 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I actually survived an attack!

So, what are you going to do with that triumph? Also, do either of us know where your lightsaber ended up?

It should be engaged with you since I don't retrieve it using the Force. But I have a solution to that, 2 manoeuvres to Engage and an incidental to retrieve it using the magnetic weapon tether, I'll post a description of all this when it's resolved. For the Triumph I'm tempted to use it to ignore the darkness for a round. But considering the damage caused I think a Crit is more appropriate, so here it is:

Critical on Omega : 1d100 47

Head Ringer: +1 difficulty to Intellect and Cunning checks until the end of encounter.

Could have been much worse.

(Ok, so my turn. First I'm going to make the Cunning Snare action to create a trap that is engaged with the lightsaber, then suffer 3 strain to leap, short range away from Arrther and short range up, then suffer 2 more strain to take cover.)

Omega stepped out and spotted a human down the ally, then he started shouting about crossing Zann for the last time. I wonder which of those targets had been working for Zann? Maybe it was that Transdoshan on Nar Shadda, or that Imperial dock officer... Almost lost in thought, Omega almost didn't have time to get out of the way of the spinning blade of energy hurtling towards him. It scraped the top of his head causing excruciating pain . That's going to leave a scar . Omega spots the object had fallen near him, thinking quickly, Omega pulled some vials from the trash near by. These look like their from that research facility. Looking back, Omega saw a set of metallic jaws from some outdated construction equipment pulling them over. Careful not to close them, and using their old pressure sensor so it would be triggered by his attacker, he placed the vials so they would be crushed. Even if he doesn't step in the trap this should still have some effect.

Then using his musculature developed in the higher gravity of his homeworld, he leaped away and up from his attacker landing on one of the emergency exits, for a nearby building, and ducking behind a piece of sheet metal hoping that it would obscure him from his attacker.

The Saber leaped from his hand spinning on an arcing trajectory across the debris strewn alley . Straining to guide the Saber, Arthur brought it crashing into his opponent with a frightening hiss. The brutal attack slices clean through a steel rail above, bringing it crashing down upon the head of the Kyuzo.

Moving to take advantage of his opponents misfortune Arrthur surges across the alley right up to the Kyuzo. With a final twist of his wrist his Saber flew toward its magnetic tether leaving the solid Mandalorien ready.

" Your tough Kyuzo, tougher than you look I'll give you that much"

(since I didn't use the manoeuvres before my action I took them after, do you want to modify your turn? Or keep the trap between us? I think we both typed at the same time!)

Edited by Richardbuxton

Oh, so you already have/had your saber back?

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper

Yep

So would that be acceptable to you? Since I would technically be leaping out of engaged, I would think of it narratively as my action taking place before you get too close, then leaping away as you get there.

Then when you move you have to make the roll?

Yep that's fine with me, we can even say the Saber was close to you but not engaged, your trap will still trigger when I move though.

Edit: Perhaps on the stairs or something? I'll definitely move into it, trying to get to Short range again.

Edited by Richardbuxton

Dam the guy can jump thought Arrther as he sprang after the nimble opponent, in the process triggering his quickly fashioned trap.

( Vigilance vs Survival opposed check to avoid Cunning Snair : 3eA+1eD+2eC+3eS 1 failure, 2 threat, 1 Despair
a-a-a.png a--.png a-s-a.png d-th-th.png c-d.png c-th-th.png s--.png s-f.png s-th.png

Ouch! I included the Setback for darkness as it seemed appropriate. So that's 4 wounds suffered, you could disorient Arrther for 2 Rounds with the Threat. The Despair could Stagger for a round or Immobilise for a round, or something else. dam that sucks, nice move.

I'll finish my turn after you decide what to spend that Threat and Despair on.)

I'll stagger Arrther for a round, and disorient for two rounds.

16 minutes ago, Richardbuxton said:

Ouch! I included the Setback for darkness as it seemed appropriate. So that's 4 wounds suffered, you could disorient Arrther for 2 Rounds with the Threat. The Despair could Stagger for a round or Immobilise for a round, or something else. dam that sucks, nice move.

It's nice to see it pay off I thought about not taking it, but I figured this is just for fun so why not.

With one wrong step the Dark alley takes on a whole new light in Arrthers eyes. The Cunning beast had laid a trap right at the foot of the stairs and Arrther walked straight into it. A giant mechanical trap sprang up catching his leg, digging deep into his flesh. Fortunately age had not been kind to this thing and it's springs didn't have their original deadly force. What beasts plague this world where such traps are necessary in a city?

Swinging his Saber wildly he tried cutting it free to no avail, So he yanked his Shield off his back and prepared to step out of the way of whatever Omega had for him.

(Manoeuvre to draw his shield, suffering 2 Strain to take another manoeuvre to Side Step(1 more Strain), ranged attacks now suffer 1 upgrade and 5 Setback to hit)

4/17 wounds

6/13 Strain

1L 1D Destiny

Edited by Richardbuxton

Is short away and up result in medium range, or are we still at short?

I would have thought Medium

@Nightone ?

Edited by Richardbuxton

Ok, just trying to figure out my next move. So after some thought I've decided on pulling a shaped thermal grenade as a maneuver then a stealth check as an action. Would you say that it would be opposed by perception or vigilance at this point in time?

Omega walked to short and jumped another on short Up so it would result in medium but I would also consider one boost for the higher ground for a ranged attack.

17 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Ok, just trying to figure out my next move. So after some thought I've decided on pulling a shaped thermal grenade as a maneuver then a stealth check as an action. Would you say that it would be opposed by perception or vigilance at this point in time?

That's tough, but I think probably Perception since Arrther is watching you. Where are you hiding or trying to hide?

Around the platform that I'm currently on I was thinking, since I didn't spend a move maneuver to go anywhere. I was thinking that it was dark, and there was a fair bit of stuff lying around on the emergency exits, and in the ally.

Sure, sounds good

Stealth, Ally : 4eP+1eA+2eB+1eC+1eD 5 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-s-a.png p-s-s.png p-tr.png p-a.png a-a-a.png b-s.png b-a.png c-th.png d-th-th.png

That went well. I wasn't sure if the darkness would give me any boosts, so I left them out. I figured if it would I can just add them in... Not that I need them.

Edit: hmmm, I spelled alley wrong...

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper

Well stealth is your ally this time! So other than Arrther loosing you in the dark do you have a use for that Triumph or Advantage?