Sorry About The Mess: Arena C

By Richardbuxton, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYI09PMNazw

(I was thinking this song would work. Though given the kinda one sided chase that's occurring; this seems more appropriate.)

Stealth Check (stealth vs vig) Boosted by booster blue : 1eP+3eA+3eD 2 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-s.png a-s.png a-a-a.png a-s-s.png d--.png d-f-f.png d-f.png

The Rodian paused as the dust settled; there was no sign of the merc, his faint silver orb's of his helm faintly glowed against the backdrop of red and blue neon. The Mando didn't take the bait, just as the journal suspected these "Jedi" and red sabers couldn't be separated from their glow sticks for long, as evidenced by the loud cracks as the blade would soon be freed from the stone. The armoured being would come for his prize soon.

-Tanson, remain in control. Remember what my brother wrote, despite what they claim they can't sense at will. They might get a general direction, but those few seconds of inaction will be my last chance of action.-

The Rodian began to move slowly as he shifted away from the light into the shadows, away from the open gaps in the roof as he became one with the shadows, creeping under scaffolds as he circumnavigated around the room. His breathing slowed as he reached into his belt and ferreted another little cylinder; a knockout grenade. This little capsule was the reason why vacuum seals were essential, those little spores forced their way into the lungs of any who inhaled them, cutting their supply of air almost instantly. It had been a last minute grab since he heard the horror stories of diagnosing deaths caused by allergic reactions, but given the bounty hunters lately...

-His armour isn't sealed. The moment he drops down, I will make him swallow his words. It's me or him now.-

Despite the reassurance he tensed, switching the Nova over the stun as he tapped the pistol against his head lightly. It was now, or never.

-Keep me safe brother, I know you're watching over me. The force is always with us, even if she's a jealous ***** sometimes.-

(Tanson draws a knockout grenade using quickdraw, switches his Nova over to stun takes aim for the final confrontation. The stealth check was mainly to recover strain. The final battle is here @Richardbuxton )

Wounds: 0/12 Strain: 10/17.

Edited by LordBritish
Thematic Swag

Silence, that's all there was coming from down below, but with one final kick the Saber was free, a flick of the wrist and it flew into Arrthers hand... let's hunt.

Moving swiftly across the floor the Mandalorien headed straight for the central empty turbolift shaft. Without missing a beat he lept down, trusting his gravity belt to catch his fall. With a soft whumph his rubberised boots landed on the ground floor, Shield up and Saber by his side.

(I'm thinking the opponents are now at Short range, with difficult terrain between us. What do you think would be the results of that Stealth? Should I add Setback to the attack? Or can't I attack and should make a Perception instead? Or as a third option we can't see each other at all as Arrther is still inside the shaft and Tanson is hidden?

ill finish the turn after we decide what happens)

(Hmmm. Thats just it really. I assumed mathmatically that Tanson was effectively "Long range" due to the difficult terrain. Making a perception check is the most steight forward. I recognise that setting up layer after layer of traps, obscurantist and the sort isn't very fair; but then again you have a sword that can strike me down in one blow, so Tanson is being exceptionally careful by controlling the fight.

though the most expediant and exciting would be a direct contest of our initiatives; western style; vig vs vig, whoever wins? Essentially both coming into contact at one another, weapons in hand and whoever wins basically gets the first shot off in that engagement. I would still have the advantage in that situation due to my talents and sig ability (I have one more trigger of it remaining and one destiny point to activate it) but it might be more fun then cheesing him out of the action ecomany.)

(Ok, sorry I didn't realise you had moved from Medium to Long. So if we take the Long with difficult terrain option, that would mean Arrther is now half way to Medium, still at Long for attack difficulty calculation. I'm happy with that. If you're happy then I'll update the post.)

8 minutes ago, Richardbuxton said:

(Ok, sorry I didn't realise you had moved from Medium to Long. So if we take the Long with difficult terrain option, that would mean Arrther is now half way to Medium, still at Long for attack difficulty calculation. I'm happy with that. If you're happy then I'll update the post.)

I am at Medium. Sorry if I am unclear it is 2am. XD But yeah, it would take two moves to get to short due to difficult terrian.. Otherwise you would have strolled down the staircase and got engaged in two moves.

(2am!!! Your nuts. Ok I get what you where saying now. You where at Medium with 4 manoeuvres required to Engage. Arrther took 2 of those manoeuvres so is now at Short, with another 2 manoeuvres to Engage... but he has Saber Throw. So weather he can see and attack is important.

Obviously we have different opinions on the ideal results ? So perhaps we should ask a referee to help? I'm in favour of adding a couple of Setback to the attack for the stealth check. But if the ref rules that the successful stealth makes attack impossible then I'll accept that.

Sleep now, I'll post on the main thread to get things rolling, we can sort it out tomorrow.)

A dense network of scaffolding filled this Area of the construction site blocking Arrthers view of his foe. Trusting in his intuition he hurled his Saber out into the room. Feeling the calm ocean of the living Force flow through him he guiding its flight expertly. Twisting and turning it weaved its way through the forest of pipes but alas it was to no avail, the Rodian was too well hidden...

" Haaaaa " a deep relaxed breath escaped Arrthers lips This hunt grows long father

(No hit but 4 Advantage and the Saber returns to Arrther. Short Range Saber Throw : 2eA+3eP+1eD+1eF 2 successes, 4 advantage, 2 Light Side
a-a.png a-a.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-s.png d-f.png f-ls-ls.png )

(Edit, I didn't roll the Setback! Thanks @Nightone . Short Range Saber Throw missed Setback : 2eS 0 successes, 2 threat
s-th.png s-th.png

so that makes for 2 success and 2 Advantage. Arrther recovers 2 Strain. over to you)

Wounds 2/17

Strain 3/13

Destiny 2L 1D

Edited by Richardbuxton

Re-edit: Glad I could help @Richardbuxton

Edited by Nightone

Tanson steadied his arm and held his breath as the Mando came from above with a loud crunch. That, wasn't the opportunity he was waiting for.

-1-

The mando quick, professional. Despite the loud mouth and murderous intent, he recovered quickly despite being unaware of Tanson's surroundings as his blade holstered in his hand, the shadows deepened as he turned toward's Tansons direction. Not yet.

-2-

Then the blade was flung, the option he figured would happen, it was overhead but for that very breif moment, he was defenceless.

-3-

Tanson opened fire and charged.

It's high noon! Nova Viper + Knockout Grenade (Guns blazing, two aims) : 4eP+4eB+1eD+2eS 5 successes, 3 advantage
p-s.png p-a-a.png p-s-a.png p-s-s.png b-s-a.png b--.png b--.png b-s.png d--.png s-th.png s-f.png

(I am going to spend a destiny point for the second Unmatched Fortune (the only one remaining in the pool) to turn the advantage and success into a Triumph! The two advantage I will use to duel wield. I want to do a bit of epic story telling with the Triumph, is that alright @Richardbuxton ? 15 with the Nova, 20 with the knockout grenade. All stun damage.)

The Rodian hammered the trigger as he bolted into the open, blaster bolts relentlessly smashed away at the mandolorian's hardened shell as the stun bolts hammered home, seeing the last opening he had in that brief period of vulnerability as the armoured man weathered the bolts was to pitch the knockout grenade right into him; the spore grenade erupted in a loud crack to feed the air with a dense green mist that rapidly stole the air from the lungs as his blaster glowed red hot as the cylinder clattered loudly behind him.

It was only at that point that Tanson realised he was screaming.

Edited by LordBritish

It would appear a lack of breath mask was Arrthers downfall, bugger! Well done and congratulations on your victory

Aye well played! Well, I guess the moral of the tale is if you can't get past the armour; then going around it will do. Heheh.

In all fairness, given a different situation I think you would have won. I incorrectly assumed you had protection against gas and in a more cramped map the first combat check would have been the end of me. It's really too dangerous playing like this. XD

Yep, that grenade was all it took, even with soaking 7 and a further reduction of 2 with Reflect it's just took me over. The nova was just icing on the cake

An Epic match comes to an end. You both fought well.

Speed and Agility (and his trick grenades) keept Tanson always one step ahead of his mighty foe who would have striked him down in one blow.

The force was with Tanson, as was the enviorment and the most of the perimeters of this fight his brother seems to have guided him (at least more than Arrthers father did).

Congratulation and hail to the winner.

God Luck next time to Arrther.

And Thanks to both for the fine roleplay!

That really was a lot of fun, the scene was engaging even without a fleshed out description. Coming up with plausible actions was great too.

I know a couple of things now that really would have helped in the fight but you only get one chance to make these characters. Arrther really suffers from only having Force Rating 1, and ways to handle those grenades would be great. I was astonished with just how many hits he could take and still keep moving.

Aye, and in all honesty I think you would have had me if you had saber thrown me earlier. I think you had one clear opportunity to do that as you came up the stairs, I certainly hadn't expected you to climb them that quickly thanks to the extra move from deflection. That and your toughness was incredible, I don't think you even used any stim packs by that point.

Funnily enough Tanson (though I am not sure whether that's his real name; I was purposely quite vague with my background to make it convenient for my GM to weave in hooks) is actually a character that exists within my groups current campiagn. My PC Tobin Stryder had been sending journals back to his family to cover exploits. He hadn't visited them in 5 years as being a criminal, heist master and later a terrorist of the empire (joined the rebellion). Unfortunately, that had the effect of inspiring his younger brother who would take off to Nal Hutta to seek the employ of Dei the Hutt. I'm mainly using this tourney to send to my DM for potential stories for the main campaign. XD

Well played! It was a epic scrap!

I couldn't throw the Saber at that point because Arrthers one Force Dice was committed to Sense and you can't uncommit until the end of your turn. In all honesty Sense probably was a big waste of 40xp

Ok @Imperial Stormtrooper Let's get this going:

Scenario roll : 1d25 24

A Darkend Alley!

Starting Range : 1d100 60

At Medium ;)

Initiative Skill : 1d100 18

And Cool is our skill, so it's a showdown!

Ill choose low for the Destiny roll if you would do the honours and roll to find out who gets to choose.

Location A Darkend Ally,

Taris IV once a planet worthy to be called Coruscant II but nowadays it is more famous for it's slums and pestilences.
Between the old high megaplexes, on the 156 floor, is a nearly forgotten alley, right next to the cantina "Rusty Bucket". It is full of techno-junk, trash containers overflowing with unspeakable organic wastes and slimy substances on the durabeton-ground. To the left and the right there are old, rusty stair cases of the long forgotten emergency-exits higher above.

You two are starring at each other at 20 meters distance (medium range)... well as much as starring is possible, since it is night only swallow moonlight is ligtin up the scene.

Conditions:

It is pitch dark in this alley so you both will gain 3 Enviormental Setbacks on everything that needs vision (Perception, vigilance, attack)

To climb up a lader of the emergency stairs will take 1 maneuver and will bring to as distance as if walked on the ground only vertikal.

Who Decides : 1d100 83

Well I get to pick again, not that that helped last time...

I'll go with light, destiny followed by cool.

Destiny : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

Cool... or not... : 1eA 0 successes
a--.png

Huh, what? Someone's there?

Also, what is our ruling going to be on "jumping" out of engaged?

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper

We keep it RAW, engage/ disengage is a special maneuver, nether force jump nor Kyuuzo leap allow this.

(but it allows you to jump vertical 2 Range band so still a nice special in this enviroment)

Initiative : 2eA 0 successes, 2 advantage
a-a-a.png a--.png

Destiny pool : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

Well well well, Arrthers got the jump today.

This place is a dump, what a mess, no wonder the allure of this planet has been lost. Now I have a job to do, the Zann consortium have a problem with a Kyuzo. That bartender said he has been holed up in some abandoned flat down this alley... he has to come past some time.

Standing there in the filth, Arrthur had been waiting there for two hours. In the distance he heard footsteps and emerging out of the darkness came his foe " You have crossed Zann for the last time, doom is upon you "

With that the Mandalorien steps forward, Saber leaping into his hands and the orange blade filling the alley with a neon glow. Putting his full force into throwing the Lightsaber he hurls it straight at his enemy.

(Quick Draw to pull out the Saber, Using Saber Throw, along with falling Avalanche at a cost of 2 Strain. I'll make the roll soon.)

(Edit: @Imperial Stormtrooper can I assume you use Dodge to upgrade the attack twice? The pool will then be AAPPPDCSSS)

Edited by Richardbuxton

Yes. (please miss, please miss :P )

Edit: @Richardbuxton Also, since it's at medium range wouldn't it be AAPPPCCSSS?

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper

Saber Throw at Short range with darkness and dodge : 2eA+3eP+1eD+1eC+3eS+1eF 4 successes, 2 threat, 1 Triumph, 1 Dark Side
a-a-a.png a-a-a.png p-s-s.png p-s.png p-tr.png d-th-th.png c-th-th.png s--.png s-th.png s-th.png f-ds.png

Thats 19 Damage breach 1...! I have to flip a Destiny and suffer 1 Strain and Conflict to do it. then 2 Threat and a Triumph to be spent