Sorry About The Mess: Arena C

By Richardbuxton, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

12 minutes ago, SavageBob said:

ETA: @Nightone , does my Point Blank talent apply to this attack? If so, damage goes up by +2. I could see it going either way.

No, since you didn't throw the tibanagas tank (it just went of thanks to lucky circumstances [the triumph], and your granade does no damage only ensnare, sorry!

point Blank only affects your own damage producing ranged attacks. Not any damage out of third sources (like tank explosion, recoils, detroying equipment like using move on an enemys granade ect.)

Sorry to have forgotten but what’s the difficulty to not suffocate? Also on my turn what’s the difficulty to break free? I’m afb for another day or so.

To avoid suffocation is an Easy Coordination check, but it's been upgrade once, so you'll roll (R) instead of (P). Breaking the Ensnare requires a Hard (PPP) Athletics check.

I actually should have paid more attention to how breaking the Ensnare works; you should be able to do that in your sleep!

Edited by SavageBob

correct for not suffucate: an automatic Coordination OOTI against one Red Challenge Dice

to break free a hard Athletics ACTION on your turn. (at least the chances for P0NG-0 are good that he won't be hit next round)

Edited by Nightone

Out of noware a small plasteel ball bounced across the floor and detonated at Arrthers feet, his nightmares flashing before his eyes of being trapped in concrete like foam drove him. Not again!! Close your mouth! He just barely managed too as his body was rapidly encapsulated, even the detonating tibana gas nearby couldn’t slow the glop down.

Grrraaaahhhh ” was all Arrther could manage as he focused all his thoughts Not this time . With immense effort he burst free from the hardening foam, the explosive force launching him right into the path of this new Droid threat.

Another day, another hunter... here I was thinking my day in this prison was finally done, move out of my way or feel Saber tearing through your chassis, Droid”

A flick of his wrist brought the Saber blade up in front of Arrther again, his shield ready to deflect any further attacks.

//first the Coordination roll Heat 5C avoiding suffocation : 2eA+1eC 2 successes, 1 threat
a-s.png a-s-s.png c-f-th.png

Heat 5C Athletics to break out of glop : 4eA+1eP+3eD 2 successes, 2 advantage
a-s.png a-a.png a-a.png a-s-s.png p-s-a.png d--.png d-f-f.png d-th.png

So both the checks are successful, with the two advantage Arrther takes an extra free manoeuvre to get to Short range with Saber and shield drawn.

Theres that one threat for you to spend too//

Take 1 Strain for the Threat to represent how strenuous it was to pull out of the foam.

Pango's processors could barely take in the rapidity with which the Human had been encased on hardening foam one instant and free the next. Even worse, the droid's optics revealed that the opponent was brandishing a lightsaber. Memories of his duel with the Chadra-Fan flashed through the droid's databanks. How to avoid that thing?

PNG0-LIN retracted a knockout grenade from his chassis, aimed, and lobbed it at the armored opponent.

That's 1 maneuver to take out the grenade, 1 to Aim (2 strain), and then a throw...

throwing a Knockout Grenade (Ranged (Light)) + True Aim : 4eP+1eA+1eB+1eD+2eS 0 successes, 3 advantage
p-s.png p-s-a.png p-a-a.png p--.png a-s.png b--.png d-f-f.png s-f.png s--.png

Wow; I can't believe that check missed! For 1 Advantage, I'll activate Blast (thanks to Master Grenadier), which will do 10 base, +2 for Powerful Blast, for 12 Stun Damage before soak. The knockout grenade is supposed to be a gas-based attack, so I'll leave it to the GM to decide if it can be Reflected at all. For the extra two Advantage, take 2 more Strain that can't be soaked or reflected.

Edited by SavageBob

// @Nightone what do you think about reflecting a knockout grenade? It will result in 2 less Strain (gee I wish I had saved the xp to get Supreme Reflect!). So either Arrther suffers 5 or 3 Strain from the attack. Then the other 2 Strain on top of that (is that an option of the grenade) //

// This time there are a lot of good questions ^^

Ok by RAW Reflect can be used against ANY ranged attck, the Knockout Grenade is a ranged attack AND it is even effected by SOAK, so I would allow the reflect to work!
Hoever the IMPROVED version couldn't be used for obvious reasons ^^

As narrativ-explanation It would be something like windmilling the blade very fast to use its now created heat field to reduce the number of "poisonus"-gas particles.

With a flurry of his blade Arrther swept some of the chocking gases away, the motion carrying him right up to the small Droid.

“Dam you little LIN, there’s some tricks in your little chassis isn’t there! Let’s see how you handle this”

Arrther put immense effort into bringing the Saber right down on its chassis, hoping to cleave it in two.

//Reflect to reduce damage to 5 Strain, Flip a DP to use Djem So Deflection to Engage Pango.

Manoeuver to Aim, 2 Strain to use Falling Avalanche and Attack with Saber:

Heat 5C Saber Attack with Aiming : 1eA+4eP+1eB+2eD+1eS 2 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph
a-s-s.png p-tr.png p-s-a.png p-a-a.png p-s.png b--.png d-f-f.png d-th.png s-f.png

So that’s 17 Damage before Soak,

I need to think about the Advantages and Triumph//

//ok I’ll spend the two Advantage to recover 2 Strain.

With the Triumph I was wanting to Sunder something, but Pango has lots of little things and nothing really makes sense, so in lieu of anything more exciting or creative I’ll cause a Crit//

you'll need to roll an d100 for the crit to take place ^^

// Heat 5C Crit On Pango : 1d100 58

Oooh, nice! Agonising Wound: +1 Difficulty to all Brawn and Agility checks for the rest of the fight//

I believe Arrther should be at 6 Strain, not 5, right? 1 Strain from the Threat escaping the glop, the Knockout attack was all negated by Reflect and Soak, but using Reflect cost 3 Strain, then 2 Strain for the additional 2 Advantages on my grenade attack, then 2 Strain for an extra maneuver, then -2 for the Advantage on Arrther's roll. I get 6 total, not 5. (Sorry, but this is crucial to Pango's prospects. :))

Oh man... something went quite wrong here...

went throught the fight to see what and where...

so first:

On 26.10.2017 at 4:46 PM, SavageBob said:

Wow; I can't believe that check missed! For 1 Advantage, I'll activate Blast (thanks to Master Grenadier), which will do 10 base, +2 for Powerful Blast, for 12 Stun Damage before soak.

You missed this attack, so to activate Blast you would need 3 Advantages (on a hit just 2), simce you have "Master grenadier" you may reduce the cost by ONE per Rank, so you would have needed 2 Advantages.

next:

On 26.10.2017 at 4:46 PM, SavageBob said:

For the extra two Advantage, take 2 more Strain that can't be soaked or reflected. ?????

Hadn't noticed this one earlier (needed more cooffee in morning...)
Where does this come from??? I can't see any talents that allow you to give out strain for advatages, also you couldn't use any weapon quality here and the enviorment doesn't give any indication for such a feat.?? and well now it is just ONE advantage left...

so you eather can gain 1 Strain back for yourself or add an booster dice to your next check.

(or you clarify where this 2 strain should have been come from...)

Arrther Strain right now should be: 1 (threat) + 3 (reflect) + 2 (falling avalanche incidential payment) - 2 (strain recovery for strain) = 4 (5 if there is an explanation for tis omnimous not soakable strain?)

Sorry, not trying to cheat! I've just never had Blast come up in my games before, so I thought it only took 2 to activate on a miss, not 3. That's fine, my mistake. As for the extra Advantage (1 now), since we've been allowing Threat to cause the opponent strain, I thought the same would apply to Advantage. If that's not true, I'll take a boost for the next check I make.

// that would make it your turn then. Arrther is on 4/13S, 0/17W and the Destiny is 2L/1D

The lightsaber slices down on Pango's rounded back, sending sparks flying more than two meters away. The cortosis armor partially deflects the blow, but in sliding off, the blade partially severs Pango's throwing arm! The droid tests the mechanism; still working, but his targeting algorithms predict reduced accuracy until he can get some repairs.

That hurt.

Pango realizes how desperate the situation has become; one more blow like that could end the match—and Pango—for good. His analytic programming can come up with one last-ditch effort to swing the match back the other way. Time to execute the protocol.

The damaged arm reaches into the chassis and pulls out a stun grenade. The backup grasper arm does the same. The droid stays right where it is, steeling itself for what is about to be a big boom-boom as he activates both grenades.

So, that's one maneuver to pull out the first grenade, a second maneuver (2 strain) for the 2nd one. Boost from the last check, but the difficulty is increased once for the crit and a second time for attacking with ranged weapons while engaged, then a third time for two-weapon combat. Flipping a DP. Here goes nothing...

two-weapons (Ranged [Light]) : 4eP+1eA+1eB+4eD+2eS 0 successes, 1 threat
p-s-s.png p--.png p-a-a.png p-s-a.png a-s.png b-s.png d-th.png d-th-th.png d-f-f.png d-f-f.png s-f.png s-th.png

So, that's all she wrote! I believe you can finish me off this round. Threat's yours to spend, as well.

Arrther watched as the little thing tried with all its might to throw two more grenades at him, only for the cylinders to roll across the floor an away from them both before detonating... “Unlucky little one, no bad feelings but I’m sure you understand there can be no witnesses to my escape”

With that Arrther went for the kill, aiming to put the Saber right into the opening of the Droids arm. The motion drivesthe Saber deep inside, severing wires and rupturing hydraulics. As Arrther drags the blade through the Droid he clips the sides of the memory circuits causing a massive short circuit.

with that the Mando shoulders his shield, powers down the Saber and calmly walks off to the awaiting shuttle.

//Threat can be a Strain. Double Aim for 2 Strain and 2 Boost, use Falling Avalanche for 2 more Strain and flip a Destiny for an upgrade.

Heat 5C Saber Attack with double Aiming and a Destiny flip : 5eP+2eB+2eD+1eS 6 successes, 3 advantage, 2 Triumph
p-tr.png p-tr.png p-s-s.png p-a.png p-s-a.png b-s-a.png b-s-a.png d-th.png d--.png s-f.png

Well, that’s 21 Damage!

For good measure I’ll use the 2 Triumph to cinematically destroy the short term memory of the Droid effectively wiping knowledge of Arrthers escape, then recover some Strain with the Advantage

Wow you had some bad luck with rolling that game! I can definitely see it could have gone far worse for Arrther//

I actually squandered the double Triumph on my first roll, I think. I should have tried to relieve you of your cortosis shield. In fact, starting with the glop grenade was a tactical error, since I overlooked your huge Brawn, which meant you'd break free as soon as you got a turn. At any rate, you beat me both in rolls and in tactics. I couldn't find a way to overcome your insane Soak and Reflect. Nice match!

Yeah the Glop has been a problem for Arrther in the past, I’m glad it wasn’t this time! Keeping Arrther at Range is important, if he has to throw the Saber it’s likely to cost Strain and even more likely it will be left laying on the floor somewhere therefore costing more Strain to recover. Every turn he can’t attack he has no way to recover Strain either. He basically either dominates or is destroyed.

Dark Side wins over the materia,

a little Droid lies brocken on the Ground,

while the Great Warrior of darkness proclaims his Victory!

congratulation to the victoriuos @Richardbuxton (and 5 last EXP to you)

Good luck in you next battle @SavageBob (and 10 last EXP to you)

Get some rest you noble Warriors and prepare for the Finals!

Quarter Finals!

@SavageBob with Pango vs. @Richardbuxton with Arrther
" Revenge of the Droid !"

Location = D25 http://orokos.com/roll/570619
2 = Battlefield

Range = D3 (1= short / 2= Medium / 3= Long) http://orokos.com/roll/570620
3 = Long
Initative = D2 (1= Cool / 2= Vigilance) http://orokos.com/roll/570621
1 = Cool

Destiny = D2 (1= Player 1 gets White / 2= Player 2 get White) http://orokos.com/roll/570622
2 = Arrther gets to use White, Pango Black

You may roll Initative and Destiny Points any time!

This is madness, this is chaos, this is the battle of Sullust!
The Rebells are trying to secure the system for a gathering Spot, but the imperial occupation is still holding out.
In a lagre cavern underground, the troops of each side are fighting a bloody and gruesome fight, Hover-tanks and AT-ST, Old Spider Droids and Rocketpad-Units are moving all over, Soldiers shouting, shooting, crying in vain on both sides.

And some how you both ended up in this Chaos, Pango the little droid of destruction, set for one goal, getting the saber using evil that brought harm to his mistress by defeating him once! and Arrther the dark forceuser who was lured here by the death of thousands, finding himself spotted by the little droid he recognizes at once

In a bombcrater theire final showdown will take place...

Enviormentals Specials:

They are everywhere! - A Battle field is a chaotic place to be... espacially when you are on your own. All actions gain one set back dice!
Trench Warfare -
To move you eather must be carefull or you rise the possibility of getting hit: All movement cost are doubled (long to medium = 4, medium to short = 2), you may choose to move recklessly for the normal cost, adding one boost to the enemys next attack. (engaging / disengaging still only cost one maneuver!)

Despair Coming through: An vehicle (AT-ST or Hover-tank) move through the crater and hits the character by accident , suffering 10 Dmg before soak.
Triumph Unexpected help:
One of the fighting partys mistook your Enemy for theire enemy and shoot at him this is a extra range hit of 10 dmg before soak/ reflect!

Furthermore you may use the enviomental table

Bump for @Richardbuxton ! :)

Busy IRL but I’ll get on this soon