#L5RLive

By FFGElena, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

We've seen that the Kitsu family are still around in the new continuity. Is their origin the same or similar to the old continuity? By extension are the precursor races that ruled Rokugan before the humans still in the setting? If so do they still have a presence in the current timeline?

Edited by phillos
mispselling

DRAGON CLAN QUESTION / STORY

It seems that Hitomi's brother, Satsu, is already dead! Could you tell us something more about his demise?

Can you tell us whether this Togashi will be as Wick intended him or written as Wulf screwed him up?

If you want this question answered, I would suggest rephrasing it. Remember, in order to answer your question, FFG has to read it out loud. This means that questions written in a polite, friendly manner have better chance of being answered. A question that is passively aggresive and flat out insults somebody's work has very little chance of being publicly addressed.

2 hours ago, Mirumoto Kojiro said:

Can you tell us whether this Togashi will be as Wick intended him or written as Wulf screwed him up?

48 minutes ago, WHW said:

If you want this question answered, I would suggest rephrasing it. Remember, in order to answer your question, FFG has to read it out loud. This means that questions written in a polite, friendly manner have better chance of being answered. A question that is passively aggresive and flat out insults somebody's work has very little chance of being publicly addressed.

You're quite right. How about this:

'Is this Togashi Yokuni a dragon as per Wick or use tamashii as per Wulf's retcon?'

2 hours ago, Mirumoto Kojiro said:

You're quite right. How about this:

'Is this Togashi Yokuni a dragon as per Wick or use tamashii as per Wulf's retcon?'

I feel that you're excluding a middle answer there. I anticipate the answer you get to that question being "No." with added "Something different from these two." if they're feeling nice.

I'm just trying to work out whether or not I should invest in their product. It's certainly their prerogative to be evasive or dismissive, just as it's my right to then direct mine and my friends cash elsewhere.

There seems to be a little bit of a disagreement in the community over bowing a character vs. sending a character home. Can you explain the difference between these two mechanics and the effect they both have on a conflict?

3 minutes ago, Mirumoto Kojiro said:

I'm just trying to work out whether or not I should invest in their product. It's certainly their prerogative to be evasive or dismissive, just as it's my right to then direct mine and my friends cash elsewhere.

Absolutely. I just think you might get a better response with something like "What can you tell us about Yokuni's nature?" rather than presenting two options which might not even cover the plot they have planned.

SPECIFIC CLAN QUESTION / DRAGON

Kami Togashi's presence and role in story always was considered a defining feature for the Dragon Clan. Which feature of Togashi's relationship with his Clan did you decide as the iconic and most essential part?

LION question

If you cast two Way of the Lions on one character in the same conflict will it quadruple it's base strength? Or triple it? Or the second Way of the Lion has no effect?

3 hours ago, Mirumoto Kojiro said:

Considering FFG has consistently shown that they're willing to change things, and the answer is probably "none of the above", I may be able to help you and your friends make a decision.

If you're looking for a Togashi Yokuni that is the same as original Yokuni, you may as well find another game sooner rather than later. I guarantee you there will be changes.

If you're looking for a Togashi Yokuni who just isn't the same as retconned Yokuni, go ahead and pre-order the game. Again, I guarantee he won't be the same.

Beyond that, it's completely unreasonable to expect that you'll get an answer which, no matter what the deal is with Yokuni, would likely amount to a fairly major plot spoiler.

Kitsuki family was always my favorite part of the Dragon! Any chance of seeing a Kitsuki point of view character in near future :)? A Kitsuki Investigator who knows her job well would make me a happy Dragon fan :D

Can you expand please on Provinces and Strongholds, now that we noticed ring symbols on the bottom. Does it mean you need one of each type when Deck Building?

3 hours ago, WHW said:

Kitsuki family was always my favorite part of the Dragon! Any chance of seeing a Kitsuki point of view character in near future :)? A Kitsuki Investigator who knows her job well would make me a happy Dragon fan :D

I am new to the cards. How viable will a Kitsuki dishonor deck be?

7 hours ago, Devin-the-Poet said:

I am new to the cards. How viable will a Kitsuki dishonor deck be?

Not so viable. The Kitsuki uphold the superfluous burden of evidence when accusing a villain, whereas the magistrates of other clans need only rely on their unimpeachable word.

28 minutes ago, Ide Yoshiya said:

Not so viable. The Kitsuki uphold the superfluous burden of evidence when accusing a villain, whereas the magistrates of other clans need only rely on their unimpeachable word.

There is plenty of evidence to be found, I just need Kitsuki good enough to find it. Scorpion usually need evidence for their blackmail and they seem to do okay.

I just want to be slightly more legitimate. Although I may go Kitsuki allied with Scorpion.

Edited by Devin-the-Poet

Can Doji Challenger be used to pull in a character with a "null" skill value into a conflict of that type?

What are the penalties for not defending a Province?

Question for the story team:

How much are you influenced by the portrayal of the setting in the RPG materials? Are there things about the RPG that you particularly like or dislike?

LION CLAN QUESTION / SPECIFIC CARD

Any chances of seeing the character from Lion Pride Brawler turned into named character later? Or any especially popular character from a generic card, overall?

Edited by WHW

A HOPEFULLY HELPFUL GUIDE TO POSTING QUESTIONS

So, everybody want to have their questions answered. That's why they ask :) . However, not every question has the same chance of being answered, and sometimes it's not the question itself that leads to it, but it's presentation. This might be little presumptuous of me, but here are things that I think will help you get your question answered:

1. Be polite and positive! Even the best, most insightful question won't be answered if it's asked in rude, aggressive tone. Positivity is contagious, so channel it into your questions :).

2. Make sure that your question is focused and easily understandable. If you have multiple questions, it's better to post them in separate posts, unless they form a chain of logic and theme, and answering them together would be for the best.

3. Make sure that your question is clear and written in proper English. Again, even the best question won't be answered if it can't be understood!

4. You might have noticed that I'm starting most of my questions with all caps line declaring what kind of question it's going to be, and possibly what Clan will it touch upon. Questions in the #L5Rlive are answered in blocs. For example, today we started with questions about gameplay. Properly tagging your questions is probably a godsend for Elena, because it helps scan the thread quickly and it allows you to decide if you should skip the question now but remember to revisit it for later without reading the whole thing. Tagging the clan you are asking about also helps, because #L5Rlives are Clan-themed. Again, this helps filter the posts for the person responsible for fishing the questions, and making her live easier is a nice thing to do :).

5. If you have especially complicated question that might require some kind of preparation from the people answering, or touches upon material that might need to be confirmed with their superiors as "legit to answer", try to ask it at least few days before the #l5rlive stream. Again, makes their live easier :).

So overall, be polite, be respectful, make your questions clear and easy to read and navigate through, and enjoy the Legend of Five Rings!

I was very impressed by the in-depth knowledge and passion for L5R lore that was displayed today.

Being new to the series, I'm glad to see this card game is in good hands.

Is there a link to today's stream?

9 minutes ago, Desertspiral said:

Is there a link to today's stream?

Cool - that was a great video :)