#L5RLive

By FFGElena, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

LORE QUESTION CRAB CLAN

In the introduction to the Crab fiction it was suggested that Hantei I ordered the creation of the Kaiu Wall, yet in the fiction a reference was made to the Battle of Cresting Wave which in the old Lore happened 8 centuries later.

Is this a deliberate lore change?

When was the Kaiu wall built?

LORE QUESTION CRAB CLAN/NEZUMI

The nezumi made an appearance in this fiction, as an ally of the Hiruma. Will they be regular allies of the Hiruma? Will they be found in clan provinces across Rokugan or just in crab lands/stories?

Thanks!

Are the Toritaka going to start as a Crab family or will they be be the Falcon minor clan?

CRAB CLAN!!!!

Last fiction made me absolutely love Kisada. Where do I sign to support whatever his agenda is, and will there be any ways to support his character by the playerbase?

8 hours ago, ldorn said:

Are the Toritaka going to start as a Crab family or will they be be the Falcon minor clan?

If I was a gambling man, I'd put money on them not being Crab. Whether they are Falcon or nonexistent, I can't tell.

My reasoning is that they are entirely unmentioned in the Crab fiction, and even the Yasuki get a mention there.

L5R LIVE!

Is there any chance we will get to see you guys do livestreams after the game is released? Not gonna lie, waiting for these make start of my weekends so much more exciting!

Is there going to be one of these today, or is it next week?

The trend has been after both the story and the rules were spoiled for a clan. So I would expect one next week. They had the one hiccup where they did two in a row, but I was under the impression that was to account for the break in the schedule, which threw everything off.

Edited by phillos
On 7/6/2017 at 0:58 AM, Kuni Katsuyoshi said:

LORE QUESTION CRAB CLAN

In the introduction to the Crab fiction it was suggested that Hantei I ordered the creation of the Kaiu Wall, yet in the fiction a reference was made to the Battle of Cresting Wave which in the old Lore happened 8 centuries later.

Is this a deliberate lore change?

When was the Kaiu wall built?

In old5r the original Kaiu wall was built first the current wall was built during Cresting Wave.

Rules questions:

- Can Doji Challenger pull Otomo Courtier into a military conflict?

- Can a player add a fate to Togashi Kazue who is in play as a character by discarding a second copy of Kazue from their conflict hand?

- Can a player discard a copy of a unique character to add a fate to a unique dynasty character in play.....during the conflict phase?

-If Steward of Law is in a conflict, can a player trigger Shameful Display ? Similar question: If my opponent attacks my Shameful Display with one character who is dishonored and I defend with a character in a neutral state, could I trigger Shameful display to honor my own character, but dishonor their already dishonored character?

- If Doji Hotaru Attacks Pilgrimage and wins the conflict, but doesn't break the province, can she still trigger her reaction?

- If I have Reprieve on an honored character that I use for Noble Sacrifice , can I use Reprieve to save the character and still get to discard an opponent's dishonored character?

- If my opponent defends a military attack with only one character and I win by 5 skill to trigger Fallen in Battle , does the battle count as unopposed?

LORE QUESTION

Is this still an accurate representation of Togashi Yokuni or is he more normal sized now?

Also is yellows (the colour of wisdom in Rokugan) stil the Dragon Clan primary colour?

20170711_211929.jpg

Edited by Mirumoto Kojiro
On 7/9/2017 at 1:54 PM, kiramode said:

Rules questions:

- Can Doji Challenger pull Otomo Courtier into a military conflict?

This was answered in a previous L5R Live. You would pull them in but, since they have a military dash, they immediately go home bowed.

On 7/9/2017 at 1:54 PM, kiramode said:

Rules questions:

- If I have Reprieve on an honored character that I use for Noble Sacrifice , can I use Reprieve to save the character and still get to discard an opponent's dishonored character?

This hasn't been explicitly answered, but there is a fundamental basis to believe that "sacrifice" and "discard" are used differently for a reason. Sacrifice in other FFG LCGs (notably, Game of Thrones) can not be saved against. Sacrifice effects are meant to be a cost so, if you initiate an ability that has a cost but then the cost is not paid (because the character was saved) the ability does not initiate.

An official ruling would be nice, but there seems to be a consensus on the topic among most people who have played FFG games before.

The other questions I'm interested to see the answers to :).

@ Joe From Cincinnati

- I guess Doji Challenger just went from arguably the best dynasty card to simply the best.

- I think the Reprieve/Nobel Sacrifice won't work, but clarification would be nice.

MECHANICS QUESTION /STEWARD OF LAW:

As it reads "Characters cannot become dishonored" Does this mean that the characters cannot be reduced a step, or does it mean that they cannot enter the dishonored state? For example, say I have an honored character with Steward of Law in the same battle with a Shameful Display. Can the honored character be reduced to neutral?

GENERAL QUESTION

Are the cards previewed, both directly (Single cards) and indirectly (in the fans or play setups) on the product page and news correct? Are there plans on when we can expect to see those updated?

We noticed a discrepancy between the instance of Miya Mystic on the main product page and the one shown on the showcase page, as well as some of the images missing the C or D to indicate deck that we see in more recent posts.

Are ring effects mandatory?

For example, if I attack with the Ring of Fire and my opponent reveals Elemental Fury and changes it to void and the only character that has fate is my own character...am I forced to take fate off my own character?

Or, if they switch it to Water and all their characters have fate and one of mine doesn't (and there are no bowed characters yet, as this is the first conflict), do I have to bow one of my characters without fate?

12 hours ago, Mirith said:

MECHANICS QUESTION /STEWARD OF LAW:

As it reads "Characters cannot become dishonored" Does this mean that the characters cannot be reduced a step, or does it mean that they cannot enter the dishonored state? For example, say I have an honored character with Steward of Law in the same battle with a Shameful Display. Can the honored character be reduced to neutral?

Characters have 3 states. Honored, Dishonored, and Neutral. Seems like you answered your own question...

MECHANICS QUESTION/ Crane Clan

Can Duelist Training action be initiated if attached character is already bowed?

MECHANICS QUESTION/ General

Actions can be used once per turn unless otherwise specified. Is the same true for reactions?

Edited by BordOne

Is there an action window between the end of the Fate Phase and the beginning of the Dynasty phase?

The reason I ask:

Can I use Way of the Crab after my opponent discards several characters due to lack of fate to take out one of their critical characters that has fate left on them?

GAMEPLAY QUESTION:

We have seen a few spoiled cards that involve reducing your opponents honor. Is it part of the design philosophy of the game to eventually have decks that focus on using this mechanic to win by dishonoring your opponent? Or is it designed to be more of a "choke" condition, limiting your opponents choices, with a player having a large amount of control on whether or not they reach zero honor?

MECHANICS QUESTION / HIDA KISADA

Kisada's ability reads that he cancels the effects of "the first action ability your opponent triggers..." Just to clarify, does this mean his ability only affects those abilities with the keyword "Action"? In other words, his ability has no effect on other ability types, such as reactions?

MECHANICS QUESTION/HIDA KISADA/HIRUMA YOJIMBO/CLOUD THE MIND

Can you Cloud the Mind Kisada's (or Hiruma Yojimbos) text box? Or is their text considered a trait?

15 minutes ago, MoZi said:

MECHANICS QUESTION/HIDA KISADA/HIRUMA YOJIMBO/CLOUD THE MIND

Can you Cloud the Mind Kisada's (or Hiruma Yojimbos) text box? Or is their text considered a trait?

I'm pretty sure those are static abilities, rather than traits. Notice that on the Cloud the Mind card, "traits" is traits in the same format keywords like Bushi, Shugenja, Courtier, etc. are printed. I could be wrong, but it seems odd they would print it that way if that wasn't the intent.
l5c01_cloud-the-mind.png

LORE / ART CRAB CLAN
Certain Crab characters seem to have quite impractical armor, often consisting of very little to no armor. Where does it come from and what's the story behind this aesthetic choice? Are Crab muscles just like Honor, stronger than steel?

9 hours ago, WHW said:

LORE / ART CRAB CLAN
Certain Crab characters seem to have quite impractical armor, often consisting of very little to no armor. Where does it come from and what's the story behind this aesthetic choice? Are Crab muscles just like Honor, stronger than steel?

I mean maybe the story team will give a different answer but... it's freedom of movement and when you're getting hit by something the size of a freight train it really doesn't matter what armor you wear. You're still pudding afterwards. That being said usually everyone except the berserkers are usually pretty well covered.