#L5RLive

By FFGElena, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

7 minutes ago, GoblinGuide said:

Characters are definitely still participating even after a winner is declared, otherwise Spies at Court and Fallen in Battle don't work.

Possibly, though both of those cards simply say "participating character", which may or may not mean that the conflict is still going on (that is, it could just mean "character who was participating at the time of resolution").

For the Gencon tournaments all decks will need to be made from essentially 1 core set (plus some special rules) right?

Edited by Hida Gridesuke
Left a word out

Why was there no Mantis appearance in the Lion fiction?

There should be Mantis or Spider hiding in every fiction until we get officially announced.

Wait, does that mean that Matsu Tsuko is going to be a part of the new Spider Clan? giggle.gif

11 minutes ago, Coyote Walks said:

Why was there no Mantis appearance in the Lion fiction?

There should be Mantis or Spider hiding in every fiction until we get officially announced.

Wait, does that mean that Matsu Tsuko is going to be a part of the new Spider Clan? giggle.gif

Clearly the archers backing up Hotaru were Wasp mercenaries.

Now that GenCon logistics seem a bit more settled... is FFG planning to have any presentation of the game in Europe or other parts of the world?

LION CLAN QUESTION / SPECIFIC CARD

So, if Arasou survived long enough to get his card, what would it look like? What "stats" did he had, and what kind of ability do you think would suit him :)?

Just as a confirmation, You are not able to change the contested ring with Know the World, can you? Claimed, unclaimed and contested are, indeed, three distinct states of rings and a contested ring no longer counts as an unclaimed ring, right?

6 hours ago, Joe From Cincinnati said:

Just as a confirmation, You are not able to change the contested ring with Know the World, can you? Claimed, unclaimed and contested are, indeed, three distinct states of rings and a contested ring no longer counts as an unclaimed ring, right?

Actually they confirmed that on the last stream. Those are 3 distinct states a ring can be in.

On 14/6/2017 at 3:40 AM, Joe From Cincinnati said:

In my opinion, you can. What Yandia says is right, except for the fact that - the way I see it - that wasn't a confirmation that "contested" is a Ring state mechanics-wise.

Clues: 1) We haven't seen any card yet referencing a Ring in a contested state. Edit : Mori Kuroi does actually reference a "contested ring". Contested might be a subset of Unclaimed though. e 2) The "Ring retains its type" seems to me to be there precisely to make sure it's clear that, if the ability is used to swap a Ring during a conflict, the conflict type (Military or Political) doesn't change. Compare with the Phoenix province Mori Kuroi: same reminder text.

Bottom line, I am not 100% certain that you can, but it would be nice indeed to get a confirmation - also because that would shed new light on the event itself, since we could rightfully ask what use the reminder text has if my interpretation is not correct.

Edited by Eu8L1ch

Matchup Question

Now that we have two clans previewed. How was this matchup during your testing? Right now it seems like they each break a province per turn and whoever gets the first player token on the last turn wins. Another scenario is going at a province per turn as before until someone draws the right cards to start a successful conflict of the other type. Do you have any awesome comebacks or conflicts to share?

Will the next L5RLive be this Friday?

Is there any kind of mulligan at the beginning of the game? If so, how does it work?

Is there any bonus/penalty for attacking unopposed?

32 minutes ago, williamobrien said:

Is there any kind of mulligan at the beginning of the game? If so, how does it work?

This has been answered actually: you can choose to shuffle in and re-draw any number cards both from your hand and on the provinces.

2 hours ago, Eu8L1ch said:

This has been answered actually: you can choose to shuffle in and re-draw any number cards both from your hand and on the provinces.

Shuffle-in-and-redraw or set-aside-redraw-and-shuffle-in like Arkham and Destiny?

I am fairly certain it was shuffle-in-and-redraw, but it was said in a Live so I might have missed a wording difference. In FFG games there is no set-aside-redraw mulligan AFAIK, but that's not evidence of course. If you want to check it out for yourself, it must've been in the first Live.

Just now, Eu8L1ch said:

In FFG games there is no set-aside-redraw mulligan AFAIK, but that's not evidence of course.

Destiny and Arkham both use it.

Just now, Kakita Shiro said:

Even less evidence then :P

Thanks for the info. I think Destiny might be a different thing since it's not an LCG, but I wasn't aware of Arkham Horror LCG using it, I've played it only once or twice.

GenCon question. Will people trying to get into the Thursday event through general admission GenCon tickets need to bring a copy of the game? Or will FFG make sure to have extra copies on hand at the tournament hall?

Edited by MoZi

Can a character with a - skill be chosen to participate in a duel of that skill? What happens then? Would if work differently if the player issuing the challenge is the one to choose (like 'Duelist Tranining' does) or if the challenged player is the one doing it (like with Kakita Kaezin's effect)?

During duels negative values in a skill are subtracted from the honor bid or are they treated as 0?

On 6/15/2017 at 11:28 AM, Kakita Shiro said:

Destiny is shuffle in then draw.

LION CLAN QUESTION / SPECIFIC CARD

I love Kitsu Spiritcaller's design, both visually and gameplay wise! Could you tell us something more about her looks or design? I especially love her hairstyle, but I'm not sure how it's called :D. Her ability is also probably my favorite one so far! Great job!

What happens if a conflict is not defended. Does the defender lose honor and/or the attacker gain honor?

Each province has a ring symbol. The idea is that you need one province from each ring for deck construction. Can you confirm or deny this?

If I have a Steward of Law and play For Shame! on an opposing character, do they have to choose bow or can they choose Dishonor to no effect?

If a Once Per Conflict event like Banzai is cancelled by Voice of Honor, can a second copy be played?

What happens to the fate on an unclaimed Ring when it is switched to by Elemental Fury? Does the attacker get the fate as well?