Polda's Painting - Shrubberies & Skellingtons

By Polda, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

Some excellent NMM there. I need to get Kari a new, better, sword...

the NMM is amazing, but i cant help but feel like its a much more advanced look than the rest of the kari model lol. It draws my eye more than the model itself.

On 7/7/2017 at 3:18 PM, Vineheart01 said:

the NMM is amazing, but i cant help but feel like its a much more advanced look than the rest of the kari model lol. It draws my eye more than the model itself.

There are plenty of surfaces to highlight to offset that. All the arm, elbow and knee armor pieces need the NMM treatment. Then I have to figure something out for the cloak. A solid color looks dull. Maybe a patter on the rim of the cape.

Edited by Polda

zkfO2vE.jpg

Any advice on where to score Kari a sword, the stock one has so little to paint on (and looks too light for good).

I'm already considering a reanimates expansion for use as scenery. hah

Edited by Darthain

Maybe from some Descent or Zombicide Black Plague single-figure expansions?

20 minutes ago, Polda said:

Maybe from some Descent or Zombicide Black Plague single-figure expansions?

Probably much more expensive, and I won't get the upgrade cards (of which some are useful)

Horsing around with Ankaur maro.

u7z4bK1.jpg
^I already scrapped this version. I don't like how the NMM gold, blue and purple glow interact.^

I'll see if I can turn it into a Dreadsteed with green glow instead.
maxresdefault.jpg

k59wiX7.jpg

4iJ6KfG.jpg

cwYK7lM.jpg

Edited by Polda

All your stuff looks amazing and makes me want to cry at my tabletop quality army lol, I jest I jest I don't have time to highlight on tray over a month...but holy d@mn those models and your terrain...awestruck...

I liked the purple glow, but agree, the yellow was quite antagonistic. Maybe oranger gold, or just light grey trim?

16 minutes ago, Darthain said:

I liked the purple glow, but agree, the yellow was quite antagonistic. Maybe oranger gold, or just light grey trim?

I tried the light grey but it still clashes a bit. I think the horses will get an armor totally different from the riders.

The riders will get the Reanimates treatment - blue armor with some white drybrush to bring out the edges. No gold trim and the green to white transition on the skirts and capes.

The horses I think I could go with darker bronze metallic and some scratches in the armor. I can then make the glow effect in sort of toxic green and build it up brighter than the purple example. Bronze is close to brown so it should work with the blue armor.

Before all that I think I need to get rid of the ponytails on the helmets and give them some Tim the Enchanter style horns.

Edited by Polda

That was the reason i redid my obsidian golem to have a red ruby gem embedded in his chest rather than the purple runes. (noticed when i did that with a Sapphire on my Diorite golem i liked the central gem in the chest far better than runes anyway)
Purple, while being an awesome color, isnt a very bright color to paint with lol. I find every attempt to make it bright it jumps from dark purple to a purple mud or purple tinted white lol.

Shittily sculpted addons extravaganza!
The skull mask is a really crappy Green Stuff application with some agrellan earth on top to give it the scaly finish. Flames are Vallejo Water Effects (so heavy acrylic gel).

9fvboNU.jpg

The horns make the horse look so evil!

getting more of a Deathknight vibe (warcraft not rwm dk's) with the current colors on that model lol.
Which, technically, is a good thing. Mean as hell looking

On 7/11/2017 at 5:12 PM, Vineheart01 said:

getting more of a Deathknight vibe (warcraft not rwm dk's) with the current colors on that model lol.
Which, technically, is a good thing. Mean as **** looking

Absolutely what I was going for. I had a Dreadsteed picture in front of me as reference.
I might actually get to painting it at some point.

Unfortunat... **** what am I even saying? FORTUNATELY a friend of mine brought me some pretty freaking incredible Xenomorphs, Predators and USCM/Wayland Yutani Soldiers to paint (and it's summer) so it might take a while for me to get back to RW paintings.

Edited by Polda
3 hours ago, Polda said:

Absolutely what I was going for. I had a Dreadsteed picture in front of me as reference.
I might actually get to painting it at some point.

Unfortunat... **** what am I even saying? FORTUNATELY a friend of mine brought me some pretty freaking incredible Xenomorphs, Predators and USCM/Wayland Yutani Soldiers to paint (and it's summer) so it might take a while for me to get back to RW paintings.

Pics or it didn't happen.

7 hours ago, Darthain said:

Pics or it didn't happen.

hE3u4Mv.jpg

Edited by Polda

I know someone who would kill for those

Sick work.

God damnit those are awesome models.

New terrain pieces for our grassy battlefield.

Shrine/temple/graveyard and Crumbling wall (removable wall pieces)

Wb2JSPj.jpg

hQnbPWB.jpg

Edited by Polda

lots of inspiration in here mate! love your work!

How you doing those large flower patches? They call to me.

On 25/08/2017 at 2:18 AM, Darthain said:

How you doing those large flower patches? They call to me.

It's a separate product. Looks like a sheet of string spread apart and dipped in glue and flock with the flowers on top. You can cut of a piece and pull the sides apart to blend it. Can't find a link to this one but it's from Polák Model.

In other news. I built a wall.

soa3ZgC.jpg

lnAQvUa.jpg