Polda's Painting - Shrubberies & Skellingtons

By Polda, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

You're the best! LOL

snek.JPG

3 minutes ago, Contrapulator said:

You're the best! LOL

snek.JPG

Thanks for the idea. The owner of the Daqan army seems to find it hilarious too! :]

No step on Snek? Amazing

Finally!

HZ8KeAL.png

Here, have some mods. I am bashing the Vampire Counts: Skeletons kit hard.

#1 - The Champion

The heads from GW are slightly smaller but this one works thanks to the horns. I drilled a hole as wide as the spear through his fist, then cut off the hand that is molded onto the spear and sanded that down a bit.

FntGIfS.jpg

#2 - The Plague Doctor

I am not sure if I want to go just with the mask or also add gloves and a bib of sorts instead of the flesh showing through. I feel like the mask is enough.

Might do something with the right hand. Perhaps flip it upside down or give it some magic effects.

NTqdvQR.jpg

#3 - The neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaawwww.

He has a guitar made out of bones. A bonetar if you will. What more could you possibly want?

PRfSWje.jpg

Edited by Polda

The guitar wins.

As for #2, I was also considering flipping the hand around to give it magic effects like in the art ... if I were to buy Undead. Since I'm not, you should totally do it! I'm sure it'll look fantastic with you behind the mod!

bt08_necromancercard.png

Skeleton Pete Townshend gets my vote. Has to be a music upgrade now though.

Need more flame guitar.

madmax_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Mep said:

Need more flame guitar.

madmax_1.jpg

Mep, please...

h9yyosu.jpg

Edit: close up (w/o the flame, this placeholder one tips it over). BTW: "All your dead are belong to us."

2i6KA42.jpg

Edited by Polda

Time to get the band back together.

On 5/30/2017 at 9:34 AM, Budgernaut said:

The guitar wins.

As for #2, I was also considering flipping the hand around to give it magic effects like in the art ... if I were to buy Undead. Since I'm not, you should totally do it! I'm sure it'll look fantastic with you behind the mod!

bt08_necromancercard.png

@Budgernaut hey, so it wasn't that difficult to rotate the hand (0.8 mm drill and a box of straight pins) there is a ridge you can see in the standard pose that is mirrored on the other side of the hand.
If you cut at the wrist and drill right down the middle of the arm and hand you can align it based on this raised line.

Which of course I didn't so I had to make him an armband from green stuff to hide the ~0.5 mm offset.

The fingers also seem almost in the correct position to have him hold a skull, but I found the weirdly misshaped thumb kills it.

5qukrh7.jpg

4kjX9kr.jpg

N1b59HP.jpg

idr5QlD.jpg

vtt4vju.jpg

One set of Waiqar Infantry Upgrades done:

siUJN3n.jpg

B5lsSF8.jpg

fKl3jas.jpg

GXR0zGl.jpg

ukQNkcI.jpg

dB3ZLOs.jpg

OU1Q9Hm.jpg

Bonus:

Modded Carrion Lancers/Party Worms. Now with more party and lances.

dlJa2vE.jpg

HYjSxTm.jpg

Your MD are belong to us?

1 minute ago, Darthain said:

Your MD are belong to us?

All your dead are belong to us a Zero Wing reference (warning: the background in the animation flashes like crazy)

Oh and I forgot. The Parties of Worms.

Q8gkYMQ.jpg

Lz3OJxk.jpg

tUcTkat.jpg

Man, I want a rave worm :P

Yeah, got the reference ,just couldn't read it, thanks for clarifying my misread (also dang you have a fine hand to write that small)

Started work on Ankaur Maro. Still a ton to do.

VOmODGK.jpg

Oh ****, mixing blue and red purples (was going to do that on my next golem). Awesome

Additions to the... what is it call anyway? *checks the Maro article* ...Bone horror. Bone. Horror. Okay.

Additions to the Bone Horror *giggles*.

Long story short: The designers gave Maro's Cavalry upgrade the same ability as his Infantry upgrade version.

IMO there is absolutely no point in using the tray adding power with the Death Knights who have fewer wounds over the Reanimates. Even without Ardus it's still cheaper to take 3x2 Reanimates over the 2x2 Death Knights with Maro attachment.

So I decided to make the bone horror he is riding wider.

xvgUHw1.jpg

Wow! He's not just a necromancer anymore; now he's a spirit-speaker!

Laid out the basis for the lighting effects with an airbrush* so I can start highlighting over it.

The ground I'd like to keep as dull and dark as possible to contrast with the magic surf. Slowly getting there.

*Hey I might start using the thing for more than priming and base coating, yay!

uH4FNKu.jpg

KjJCslQ.jpg

E2Etkii.jpg

pPDfFrX.jpg

b0q39zl.jpg

kO8D1BJ.jpg

Edited by Polda

Oh snap! That's some mad skills, man! Stunning work!

Taking a break from Maro.

Meanwhile, here's Hawthorne for a local player.

o8uwmxR_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Edited by Polda

Hawthorne's sword is excellent! So is all the detail on him.

You're a wizard Polda.