Polda's Painting - Shrubberies & Skellingtons

By Polda, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

Good enough for now ;-) now on to more terrain pieces.

vr0fYR7.jpg

DvJDE5c.jpg

UXchuCs.jpg

JKLsth5.jpg

7t2e7eo.jpg

I love the metallic dry brushing on the carrions, very effective

Edited by Warpedstorm

5 mm corkboard base with some polystyrene on top to make these pieces light for transport. PVA glue is still drying on the barricade. The "logs" are glued, then tied together with a 0,25mm nylon string.

18251577_622304947972793_719250214542009

Are those trees made or bought? I've been looking everywhere for big chunky trees to make my forest terrain, because I'm too lazy to scratch build them. So far no luck.

9 hours ago, shoeshine said:

Are those trees made or bought? I've been looking everywhere for big chunky trees to make my forest terrain, because I'm too lazy to scratch build them. So far no luck.

The entire forrest piece is a plastic kit sold by GW called Citadel Wood.

I am thinking about making my own with denser foliage. In this case I'd look for some trees in a store selling model railway kits. Those always carry a good selection of flock, static grass and trees.

KpywzPO.jpg

Second Rocky Outcropping. Swamp or Ruins next. Still haven't decided on how to approach those.

Layering material for a hill with some ruins on top. Looks pretty stupid atm. :D

xufMN85.jpg

Edited by Polda

All right, drumroll...

29bgPD7.jpg

DayPLdu.jpg

The firepit in action - still need to fill it with some rocks and green tea mix or small sticks. wAvH4zn.gif

Popped of Ardus' head and stuck it onto the body of Zombicide Homer.

I6M9Nc9.jpg

The new and improved Ardus is nearly finished. I still want to pluck out some of the grass as IMO I went too heavy with the flocking.
Afterwards I'll do a green glow where the two skellies are crawling out of the ground.

KF85quN.jpg RFWFdiE.jpg

lp36qeE.jpg

Very impressive!

Side project for my regular opponent

6CZLk2l.jpg

Bfmo8Eu.jpg

A crystal golem? Very nice!

It's Mr Shine! :wub:

11 hours ago, Uthoroc said:

A crystal golem? Very nice!

I'm already regretting my decision. It's taking hours. Some corners need to be cut. ;)

10 minutes ago, Polda said:

I'm already regretting my decision. It's taking hours. Some corners need to be cut. ;)

But it's so beautiful!

Golem update - The progress is minimal but at least it's slow.

dG0U3cu.jpg
ebmLi3a.jpg

im stealing the second last one lol ;)

14 hours ago, Polda said:

I am in AWE! As a beginner, this looks like magic. I get dazed every time I look at it.
Well done, good sir. Well done.

Edited by King Cheesecake

That is looking outrageously fine Polda, what bend. Method you using there, wet or feathering?

Edited by Darthain
8 hours ago, Darthain said:

That is looking outrageously fine Polda, what bend. Method you using there, wet or feathering?

Wet blending for the gradients around the face and chest where the focus will be. Very simple layering on the other parts.

Update on the golem. Decided to use non-metallic metal technique on the shoulders and a non complementary color for the skirt, going with an adjacent colors highlighted up to teal instead.

LJoaWbY.jpg

Looks amazing. Your description of how you did it is another language to me though haha

13 hours ago, Ywingscum said:

Looks amazing. Your description of how you did it is another language to me though haha

Well there's a second Golem on my table. Just sitting there. Unpainted. Waiting... I mean it's not like anyone would be interested in a brief step by step write up is it?