Pure awesomeness

WOW! I want to come play at your place!

So this happened

WKz7tO4.jpg

And afterwards this
aoUn3Xk.jpg

And later it has come to this

SuCsB9E.jpg

Now it's time to go back to Colonial Marines and Predators so I can free up my schedule to finish my darn Waiqar! :D

Could be worse Polda, you painted several things, 3-4 worms, a couple pieces of terrain, and misc stuff in the time I painted 1 golem. Pics to come when I get light :D (He's a sexy golem though)

12 hours ago, Darthain said:

Could be worse Polda, you painted several things, 3-4 worms, a couple pieces of terrain, and misc stuff in the time I painted 1 golem. Pics to come when I get light :D (He's a sexy golem though)

Looking back at the worms what I did is I painted 3 buttholes.

Boy do I need to change that colour mix on the mouths for something else! :D

Edited by Polda
1 hour ago, Polda said:

Looking back at the worms what I did is I painted 3 buttholes.

Boy do I need to change that colour mix on the mouths for something else! :D

Thanks Polda.... You just can't unsee that.

You are a true wizard, Polda.

The fact that the mouth area of the worms look like butts makes biological sense. I mean they even use it for similar reasons.

@Darthain you're welcome, enjoy that image. ;)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, today I added some trees to the Latari Terrain and made the memorial thing. Then I went nuts so lots of pictures coming in 3... 2... 1...

NVUnhDl.jpg

zYkIQtU.jpg

7LPruKX.jpg

For those curious, there are nails under the trees and the trees have small magnets on the bottom. This keeps them easily removable while allowing each tree to attach to and stand upright on the terrain.
Also the terrain piece does fit four trays just fine (by which I mean it looks a bit dumb but so be it).
JdXSwHP.jpg

I have no explanation for these:
JwXDyub.jpg

AlsU5pV.jpg

1fkbvZB.jpg

Edited by Polda

Magnetic trees! Are they prefab or did you have to flock them? I'm kind of dreading making my own trees.

10 minutes ago, Contrapulator said:

Magnetic trees! Are they prefab or did you have to flock them? I'm kind of dreading making my own trees.

They are NOCH 54/32620 if I recall correctly. Haven't tried making my own trees either, just that weird stump on this terrain.

Found this guide recently. Give it a try, seems simple enough. I think I saw a tutorial for making pines on his youtube channel as well.

Edited by Polda

Taking bets 2:1 on the work loader.

Oh jeez @Polda that channel is amazing. I'm more drawn toward his tall pine trees myself. And I finally know why it's called static grass now!

Reanimate mods - replacement heads, swords and axes for the dual-wielding guys, new shields. I used the cut-off skulls as decorations for leftover Oathsworn Cav shields.

vk3vU7c.jpg

The amount of mods you craft is surreal, your army would be the envy of any table.

2 hours ago, Darthain said:

The amount of mods you craft is surreal, your army would be the envy of any table.

Now if only I could learn to play it.

30 minutes ago, Polda said:

Now if only I could learn to play it.

Just come by my place, short flight, I'll provide beer and space ?

tumblr_o4toib9oba1uziqako1_250.gif

ejV1Eff.jpg

Iynjntu.jpg

8 Archers, 4 Corrupted Oathsworn Cavalry and 2 Infantry Command units left.

Edited by Polda

4enB5xY.jpg

2 hours ago, Polda said:

[stunning pictures of oathsworn cavalry turned evil]

Did you do that with green stuff? Very impressive!

Edited by Budgernaut
7 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

Did you do that with green stuff? Very impressive!

Thanks, yeah it's green stuff supported by paperclip wires.

I put also put some Agrellan Earth over it to make it look cracked.

The flames are Vallejo Water Effects (the thick gel stuff used to create ripples and waves). Worked out well enough.

THEY ARE FINALLY HERE!

Nananananana nanananana Death Kniiiiiights...

QL9bNNb.jpg

1 hour ago, Polda said:

THEY ARE FINALLY HERE!

Nananananana nanananana Death Kniiiiiights...

I don't know if you did that on purpose, but the Death Knights were originally called Dark Knights in Runewars the board game and in Rune Age. And Batman is known as the Dark Knight. :D

(And great paint job, too!)

Shame the forums weren't at worlds for the painting competition. You'd have rocked it.

@Budgernaut I had no idea. That's hilarious :D

@Darthain There was a painting competion? Also no... I would never finish on time.

Remember kids: Always keep your color palettes simple.

aIDrOt4.jpg

Edited by Polda

With these 15 colours, you to can paint like me, with lots of practice.