Rogue Dakotan's Painted Miniatures

By Rogue Dakotan, in Imperial Assault Painting and Modification

Was fun losing to this squad. Thanks for running the event. The minis looked great and Chopper did what he needed to do.

Even though he let me down in my latest video, he's becoming a favorite of mine.

He's great at threatening your opponenet away from their terminal. and also not too bad at objective running and bumping enemies off of objectives or terminals.

40 minutes ago, RogueLieutenant said:

Even though he let me down in my latest video, he's becoming a favorite of mine.

He's great at threatening your opponenet away from their terminal. and also not too bad at objective running and bumping enemies off of objectives or terminals.

Yeah I was stuck on running him or Gideon... Also had BT in my list but was maybe thinking about a swap for Onar.

Did BT work well?

BT was alright. He can hit pretty hard.

DGBhuGKVYAAo04x.jpg DGBhv28UMAAgrpI.jpg DGBhxW5V0AAX5Kc.jpg

Whew. It's been a while but I finally painted something new. :D

On 5/21/2017 at 3:33 PM, ThatJakeGuy said:

"Hey kids, gid-e-on up in my lap and tell me what you want for Christmas!" ...………

Stolen from Facebook, but it seemed too relevant.

This commission is for me so I've gone ahead and bought a set of dollhouse sized gifts to use as focus tokens. I'll post pics here when I have the whole ensemble together

I don't think I ever did see a picture with the presents.

DGHjav_UIAA8nr6.jpg

DGHjdLWUQAAmOZh.jpg

FINALLY finished Boba lol.

When I first started painting I gave him to a friend because I didn't yet trust myself not to mess him up. He got most of the base colors down but never got farther lol so Boba was sitting in painting limbo for like a year or more.

Finally finished him up last night.

DGM4dyoUIAA_OQd.jpg

DGM4flqUwAAWiqP.jpg

DGM4hs5UQAAbgM-.jpg

DGM4jSMVoAEpan2.jpg

Finished up these two ladies last night. The 3rd is going to be a green stuff experiment that might end up looking pretty stupid lol. We'll see.

DGR8ngWUQAAoFVu.jpg DGR8tJ3VoAAaFff.jpg

Since I wasn't following Sorastro's lead this time, I actually had to go find reference pics. If you were wondering, I based them off of these two:

Swamp_Trooper.PNG

and this one for a bit more detail when needed:

StarWarsBattlefront-16.jpg

Those troopers look perfect!

And here's the result of the experiment on the 3rd ranger:

DGXTPXLVwAA4Uds.jpg

DGXTS_vUMAEMy3_.jpg

DGXTXmvV0AEKRks.jpg

Inspiration:

DGXTczjVYAE8i-F.jpg

Nice! I really dig these small conversions people come up with.

DGxB8jWWAAEaec1.jpg

Awesome piggies! What color did you use for the snout?

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bugman's Glow mixed with.... Ungar Flesh? Bestigor Flesh? mixed with whatever light orangy color I used for the nails/lips....

20170818_173939.jpg

not sure why it previews for me and not you lol

Finally finished my elite gammoreans.

DKtb-akVAAALY2R.jpg

DKtcAJWUQAARPMk.jpg

DKtcCEoUQAAC4NU.jpg

2 hours ago, RogueLieutenant said:

Finally finished my elite gammoreans.

I absolutely love the color you have for your armor and weapon! Well Done!

Thanks! I figured if I was going to make like the elite honor guard, maybe they should get bronze/gold while the regulars just get metal/silver. :)

I like having my regulars and elites visually different.

Here's an update:

I added Jabba's tattoo logo to their capes.

DKxir33UQAAjr8K.jpg

Jabba_tat.jpg

Ziro the Hutt is done!

DLE0Y4AV4AArrHP.jpg

DLE0aYvVwAAUKRu.jpg .

DLE0cJ-U8AA7MAI.jpg

DLE0d09VAAASZDI.jpg

DLG63oWVwAAnva2.jpg

DLG66ftVwAEV_0Z.jpg

Finished up Jedi Luke.

Forgot that maybe I should have waited to put on the new lightsaber blade under after I put on the protective coat. Oh Well. Guess we'll learn how this turns out....

I also still have to gloss up the boots.

DLo12XeVoAA2Lqs.jpg

DLo14NJV4AElIkm.jpg

holy crap I had a heck of a time trying to get those teeth painted...

On 6/7/2016 at 9:19 AM, Felswrath said:

Testors! I salute you.

Pactra, which I think is the Canadian subsidiary of Testors, makes acrylic paint in the same bottles. If you want to use Testors but don't want to fiddle around with thinner and brush cleaner.