Rogue Dakotan's Painted Miniatures

By Rogue Dakotan, in Imperial Assault Painting and Modification

Finally got my username on here to change somehow so I updated the title of the thread to reflect that.

The base isn't done yet but my AT-DP came out alright.

I didn't just want another all gray walker so I added some darker gray patches which added some visual interest and then I figured what the heck, i'll try add some Sabine inspired graffitti on it.

IMG_20180116_214036.jpg

All done!

DTyMo4fVMAAWMUD.jpg DTyMqVeV4AAWfMp.jpg DTyMsBdVQAARjz2.jpg DTyMtmWVMAAXxr2.jpg

I really like the idea with the graffitti on the grey walker!

Love the base on there, what did you use for materials?

i globbed down a bunch of Citadel's Stirland Mud. Then i just dry brushed it with some increasingly light layers of green. then glued down some little bushes from idk what brand. Army Painter maybe.

Well this fellow was super quick and easy to paint. I wasn't feeling inspired enough to do anything with lightning or blue lighting effects on his hands. So just black, with some subtle gray highlights (more easily seen on the back not pictured). And some light gray skin with highlights. Done.

DUFVcv9VAAAB3dM.jpg

DUHJ9KDU8AEc8dK.jpg

Tried to do these guys as fast as I could with one set based on the card art, and one set based on the Jump Troopers from Rebels/Battlefront II.

In order to speed things up, I thinned my black wash down a bunch, and after I applied it, I wiped it off of the large areas of white before it could dry, rather than having to go back over it whith white later. So a lot of the white on these guys is just straight primer showing.

I still have to put on the gloss coat on their armor.

But I just wanted to get these guys done asa quickly as I could. :P

Edited by Rogue Dakotan
12 hours ago, Rogue Dakotan said:

In order to speed things up, I thinned my black wash down a bunch, and after I applied it, I wiped it off of the large areas of white before it could dry, rather than having to go back over it whith white later. So a lot of the white on these guys is just straight primer showing.

That's how I do it. I find there's no need to over-complicate them. :)

DVI5TdoUMAAl_ol.jpg

DVNwK4WVAAAm3cY.jpg DVNwTmnV4AAR7JD.jpg

DVOoTlZUQAAPOpl.jpg DVOoVpzUMAAKjfO.jpg

IMG_20180204_164232.jpg

Lol I just noticed I forgot to paint the "brow" on my jet troopers. 1226.gif

So I think, unless I'm missing someone, I only have 5 miniatures left to paint. My goal is to complete my IA set before Legion comes out.

• Ahsoka
  • Maul
  • Bossk
  • Greedo
  • Shyla
On 06/02/2018 at 1:26 AM, Rogue Dakotan said:

So I think, unless I'm missing someone, I only have 5 miniatures left to paint. My goal is to complete my IA set before Legion comes out.

• Ahsoka
  • Maul
  • Bossk
  • Greedo
  • Shyla

So your gonna get legion?

1 hour ago, Jabby said:

So your gonna get legion?

Yes. That doesn't mean I'll be giving up on Imperial Assault though.

DVscb7TUMAAxTNy.jpg DVscfpWU8AEeG4u.jpg

My lamp died so it's been harder for me to get decent lighting in my pictures....

DVyYiCQVAAATypL.jpg

DVyYlu8VQAAtPX_.jpg

DVyYuJCV4AAB6aJ.jpg

Oh great job!!! He looks like the real deal!

Thanks. :D

I just followed @Sorastro 's guide in the Trandoshan Hunter's video. Though I used a different color for the jumpsuit. Averland Sunset with a bit of Nurgling Green mixed in as a base.

Also I stuck with the same skin paints but in reference pictures Bossk definitely seems like he's more brown than green but whatever. rendition1.img-1.jpg

DV9XTbtU0AAYlEM.jpg DV9XUcMVoAELR0a.jpg

I sculpted a hood for Maul to match this look:

reb_ca_1485_fc4b9532.png

This look is more true to his appearance in Rebels. The IA mini has some metal thing around his neck/chest that didn't appear in Rebels but is from a look in TCW.

DWCVty0UQAAMmNl.jpg

Here are the highlights finished. Just lightsaber and tattoos left at this point. Stay tuned.

Nice idea. I considered sculpting a cloak to make him more EP1-ish, but my sculpting skills are horrible.

DWG_scHVMAALjEh.jpg DWG_u_gVMAAouKC.jpg DWG_yvbUMAAA_mq.jpg

DWcPsMkV4AAxf_U.jpg DWcPtlwVwAEuyBX.jpg

Greedo done! Now I only have Ahsoka left.

And then nothing to paint until Legion comes out...

The latest episode of our show is all about getting into mini painting and terrain building!

5 hours ago, Rogue Dakotan said:

The latest episode of our show is all about getting into mini painting and terrain building!

Neat - I've subscribed to your channel a while ago, because I liked the Let's Plays as part of the entertainment playing during my painting sessions. :lol:

Thanks so much! :D