Rogue Dakotan's Painted Miniatures

By Rogue Dakotan, in Imperial Assault Painting and Modification

Hi guys! I'm recreating my painting thread over here now that the painting forum is back.

Rather than re-inserting all of my previous images, I've linked to them below, and will populate this thread with new pictures as they arise.

Joe's Painting Part 1

Joe's Painting Part 2

Joe's Painting Part 3 (contains all figures from parts 1&2)

I finished painting Davith yesterday and wanted to share:

Cj1YUatUYAAfVPE.jpg Cj1YV5JUoAAO7uK.jpg Cj1YX5bUkAAn__z.jpg Cj1YZRyUoAEl1EF.jpg

Edited by Rogue Dakotan

finished painting (except the bases) one set of Snowtroopers.

CkTutfMUUAAcmYx.jpg

Used the battlefront snowtrooper as reference.

HPu6stZ.jpg

Looking good, RogueLieutenant.

I've painted one set of snowtroopers as well and I'm trying to muster motivation to paint the last group (if I remember correctly and there were 2 groups of 3. I really hope there wasn't 3 groups of 3).

yeah just 2. I'm trying to decided if I want to give my second group red shoulder guards like I did with my elite stormtroopers. I've yet to post pictures of them though. I'm way behind on updating with all my painted guys. I should do that soon...

Testors! I salute you.

Testors! I salute you.

Haha not so fast.

Those are really old that I've had lying around. I use them to stick my minis too when painting since the sticky tack works better on the metal lid than the wine corks I have.

I don't actually use the paint. I use Citadel paints for the most part.

One should not be thrown off by their low cost, Testors has an amazing amount of color choices, and they tend to be quite realistic.

man, i haven't used those types of paint since i was a kid and painted model cars. are they still alkyd base? (oil) or have they moved onto acrylic?

Yeah I used them on model tanks as a kid.

I picked up the three seen in the picture a few years before I tried my hand at painting miniatures. Wanted to put something on my lightsaber hilt .

And yes they're still enamel or whatever. Can't wash out with water. Which is a huge negative IMO. I'll stick with Citadel. I can follow along with Sorastro, and I don't need anything other than tap water to thin down the paints.

I will admit I have gone through a Lot of brushes. But I love the results! :)

I haven't updated in a long time... Sorry. I have a lot of new painted guys that I haven't posted on here yet...

But here's a glam shot of my squad I took to a tournament over the weekend.

CvZVnvNVMAAXPb9.jpg

Nice work. I really like your snowtroopers. Are they just white paint for the armor parts and off white for the cloth, shaded then highlighted back up?

Nice work. I really like your snowtroopers. Are they just white paint for the armor parts and off white for the cloth, shaded then highlighted back up?

Yep. I used Screaming Skull for the cloth I think.

I posted a little more detail in another thread , but I customized my skirmish points counter.

Today I decided to spruce up my line of sight tool to match! I prefer using the string that you can hold down to the board over a laser as this feels about as precise as you can get.

CxK5M_bUcAAOdvO.jpg

CxK5WK1UoAAPNef.jpg

I've just taken pictures of ALL of my painted figures so far and put them into a gallery on The Jodo Cast website . Please take a look!

Here's the images of my entire factions, individual figures with more detail can be found at the above link.

WP_20161113_21_38_41_Pro.jpg

WP_20161113_22_07_31_Pro.jpg

WP_20161113_21_50_52_Pro.jpg

very nice.

but i have to ask, why the 2nd IG-88? it's hard to even consider buying a single copy these days

very nice.

but i have to ask, why the 2nd IG-88? it's hard to even consider buying a single copy these days

My guess is for IG-88's mission- though, for that, he's probably want even more.

very nice.

My guess is for IG-88's mission- though, for that, he's probably want even more.

Actually I bought it shortly after reading the Darth Vader comic that introduced IG-90. I was like hell yeah, a red one! So I just wanted to paint a red one lol

ig90_imv6.jpg

Look great, I really like what you did with the bases. I was doing little white checks on the sides to differentiate but they can be hard to see on the table, those stripes across the top are very clear and do not look out of the ordinary.

Since Mak doesn't get much table time, I wasn't really feeling like buying a bunch of new paints to keep up with Sorastro's tutorial so I just improvised with what I had.

Ended up being much more commando than the bright green in Sorastro's video.

CxRb9xdVIAAVoVg.jpg

CxRb-0dVIAAzFsI.jpg

Oh, wow. Mak is wearing camouflage suit. Looks awesome. That together with Yavin themed map...Perfect!

Thanks. :)

I was trying to follow along with Sorastro but my greens were just too off from his in the video so I improvised. Figured the camo look worked for his character.

Finished Saksa. I had to improvise on making the lighting effect so it wasn't very subtle lol. She needs to adjust the brightness on her screen.

CyERi6mVQAEZnZP.jpg

CyERkuhUoAAZkeP.jpg

Oh, that's why she's looking away from the screen. It's too bright!

Or maybe she has some free flashlight app that's stuck on? :)

Seriously though, she looks great. Nice work!

Like them Shock Troopers! ( or at least that's what I think they are called on Battlefront lol)