Character Artwork Thread

By verdantsf, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

The Bodyguard

space_ronin_lines_by_slapsticky-dalbptz.

Edited by RodianClone

Not exactly character art, but... Cybernetic arm concepts

cybernetic_arm_concepts_by_slapsticky-da

Edited by RodianClone

So, she's not done yet - I need to add a background and perhaps a disassembled R2 on the ground at her feet - but here is my current character: Tacetta Durian.

eV305Uo.jpg

So much talent in this thread! :) Excellent work folks

Here is my Twi'lek Mystic/ Advisor; Kyoib'ond aka Kyodra drawn for me by Warlocklord on Fiverr

Kyodra2.jpg

Wonderfully done! And Mystics need more love, so I approve of the career choice, as well!

...I wish I had even a modicum of artistic talent, but alas...

Room for this one I just drew of a.... premade character?

darth_maul_by_slapsticky-da8y0y4.jpg

Master Jedi Weaponmaster Korath Lorren

korath_lorren__jedi_master_by_tramp_grap

Cosplay! That is definitely character art. Very nice, Tramp!

I have just about zero artistic skill, but I can draw a mean stick figure!

I have just about zero artistic skill, but I can draw a mean stick figure!

Don't underestimate the stick figure! No, I do not kid. All good character art staresults out as a stick figure in one way or another!

Whoa. These art pieces make my character look really dull and plain. Haha. Really nice use of outfits and colours, shows real imagination you guys pour into your characters.

I like these! But here goes mine.

reed_envirosuit_colored_by_arppis-d38v04

Thanks for the 8 likes you just gave me, SuperArppis! :D

Keep on drawing every day, you have lots of potential and an eye for shapes! Keep it up :)

Keep on drawing every day, you have lots of potential and an eye for shapes! Keep it up :)

Thanks. My problem is that I like to draw with pencils, so that translates really poorly to scans. :)

Thanks. My problem is that I like to draw with pencils, so that translates really poorly to scans. :)

Never mind the tool, that doesn`t matter! Just draw every day and learn the basics as well as you can! Shapes and forms, structure and how to put it all together. Lots of great stuff on youtube!

Never mind the tool, that doesn`t matter! Just draw every day and learn the basics as well as you can! Shapes and forms, structure and how to put it all together. Lots of great stuff on youtube!

Okay, it's a little bit cheesy - that's how we were back in the eighties, deal with it - but Secret City was awesome for honing my art skills growing up:

There is definetly some great Artwork in this Thread

I hope you don't mind me sharing, two PCs (the half) from my current session .
Whilst I am not as talented as others here, I think the pictures turned out okay.

First we have Iryani , the face of the group
She's a young Twi'lek Scoundrel who used to be a Slavedancer, where she got her Tattoos (which are supposed to be fluorescent, but how the hell do you draw that, therefore they are white)

iryani_by_wastelandengie-da9eg64.jpg

Next is Fes Motan, the Allrounder
Fes is a Scount who makes a living of Exploring worlds and searching for Treasures, which he donates to the Empires museums, because of his hard lifestyle he's a bit scruffier than most humans

fes_motan_by_wastelandengie-da9egd3.jpg

OooooooOooOooH! So much awesome stuff here! It's super inspiring! And makes me want to keep working at the artz! (About 9 months ago I decided I wanted to start drawing for the specific reason of wanting to draw character pics for my RPGs! I got a tablet for Christmas and slowly have been working on things. Still so far to go, but it's been fun.)

This is my Aggressor/Shii-Cho Knight, Jaiks. She grew up on Nar Shaddaa, so she's pretty used to relying on emotion for daily survival and nose-busting. Wanted to draw a pic that showed her at war with the two paths that lie before her. One is the voice of the jedi in the holocron they've acquired. The other is this mysterious voice beckoning her toward darker paths.

duality_by_lilwolfe006-da9ezkf.jpg

Edited by lilwolfe006

You guys are stupidly talented.

I wish I had the talent you all have. I am Seriously tempted to get my Character done on commission for the next campaign I'm in. she is a Female Bessalisk Bounty hunter/Gadgetter with a multi goo gun. that is going more mechanic in the long run.

I wish I had the talent you all have.

It is not talent only, though, there is also alot of work involved, so I think everyone could learn how to draw or paint if they have the determination ;)

Talent is not free. Draw every day

It is not talent only, though, there is also alot of work involved, so I think everyone could learn how to draw or paint if they have the determination ;)

In my experience, only artists who have the necessary talent make those kinds of claims. They don’t know what it’s like to be without that kind of talent, so they can’t comprehend what it’s like to be unable to learn how to do something appropriately artistic.

Sure, anyone is physically capable of sculpting marble. All you have to do is remove all the parts that don’t look like the Statue of David.

Sure, anyone can play an instrument. All you have to do is remove all the sounds that aren’t like Beethoven’s 5th Symphony.

Sure, anyone can build a rocket. All you have to do is remove all the parts that don’t look like a Saturn V.

Sure, anyone can program a computer. All you have to do is remove all the parts that don’t look like Google.

Sure, but to get good you have to work hard and keep at it. Noone starts out good. Have people who say they can't draw sat down and drawn for a couple of hours every day for a few months,studied the basics and the foundution of the craft and worked from there and seen if they have had any advancement, before they say they can't do it? Noone is good to begin with. I am good because I draw every day and observe art and form every day. I still think art is hard work and keep working at it to get better. Talent is the same as interest in many ways. If you love it, think it is fun and have the drive to keep at it, even to improve the parts you suck at, then you'll get better. With time and hard work.

Edited by RodianClone

In my experience, only artists who have the necessary talent make those kinds of claims. They don’t know what it’s like to be without that kind of talent, so they can’t comprehend what it’s like to be unable to learn how to do something appropriately artistic.

Sure, anyone is physically capable of sculpting marble. All you have to do is remove all the parts that don’t look like the Statue of David.

Sure, anyone can play an instrument. All you have to do is remove all the sounds that aren’t like Beethoven’s 5th Symphony.

Sure, anyone can build a rocket. All you have to do is remove all the parts that don’t look like a Saturn V.

Sure, anyone can program a computer. All you have to do is remove all the parts that don’t look like Google.

I don't think that this point of view reflectsthe reallity.

I think talent is maybe a boost at the start, it is a fortunate mix of fun and interest in the craft. Maybe a bit extra understanding of it.

But on the long run only hard work gives you proper results.

Because only by experience you learn different techniques and gain understanding of your craft.

And you can believe me, I worked hard, I have drawn something almost every day of my life since I'm 6 years old or something, I've read different drawing books, read about the human anatomy and even visited an artschool for about 10 years.

And the progress is real, 4 years ago I was unable to draw female adult characters, the proportions were just wierd to draw, and now I can draw them almost with the same ease as male characters

Edited by Ghost XV15