Character Artwork Thread

By verdantsf, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Love this thread. Really inspiring stuff.

While it doesn't compare to commissioned original artwork, you can create some interesting comic-style character illustrations using Hero Forge screen shots and basic color correction (high sharpness, high contrast, sepia filter). Works a lot better for humans than most alien species in the Star Wars universe, though.

Male Human Warrior.jpg

Female Human Mechanic.jpg

I do think lizardfolk make an acceptable stand-in for Trandoshans. Here's a merc or bounty hounter:

Trandoshan Merc.jpg

Thought I might post the Characters of my Campaign Group brought to you by the amazing Will Nunes:

group-final_(1600_x_1200).thumb.jpg.8910f850151c60fc0ed7ec39d0b4a29d.jpg

From left to right: Chaf‘aroh‘kleoni "Fahrok" our Bad-*** Melee/Brawl Bounty Hunter, Hestox our Seyugi Dervish specialized in Long Range Assassination, Neil our Face and trusty Smuggler (that still atributes everything force-related around him to chance and alcohol abuse) and last but not least Karosu our Explorer gone Cybernetically implanted Pilot and Slicer (and Artillery Expert when Remote controllable Escape Pods are available).

😎 😁

Edited by Fl1nt

PP-3P0 (PP3), Grub Grub the Ewok warrior, and Niknik Krizz the mechanic.
droid-1.thumb.png.ec31d55f1660cd646ea7a7ce251c4bc7.png pic445.jpg.77a9e0c2a24689cf77acf4c7740f8d5d.jpg pic444.jpg.1659f1a3c09fd5f89feb53ea227c2f47.jpg

1 hour ago, Wonderduck said:

PP-3P0 (PP3), Grub Grub the Ewok warrior, and Niknik Krizz the mechanic.
pic444.jpg.1659f1a3c09fd5f89feb53ea227c2f47.jpg

I think I need to make this my next character :D

All-Jawa Campaign! Do It!

On 2/24/2020 at 5:02 PM, ianinak said:

Not sure of the going rate, but several years ago my whole group commissioned him. It was roughly $50/character. He is amazing to work with- great communication, can adjust poses, colors, all sorts of things. Highly recommended. It's worth it!

Dya have a link to his website if he has one? or contact info? Just started playing in a new Friday campaign and so far nto one single human or even near-human in the party and I think it'd make a **** of a good good group to get turned into art!

1 hour ago, GandofGand said:

At the request of one player, our “heroes on both sides” Clone Wars campaign (each player with both a Republic and Separatist character) was going to have a third branch: all Jawas. We all created Jawa characters.

This player did not return after Session 0.

1 minute ago, Nytwyng said:

At the request of one player, our “heroes on both sides” Clone Wars campaign (each player with both a Republic and Separatist character) was going to have a third branch: all Jawas. We all created Jawa characters.

This player did not return after Session 0.

Clearly he could not handle the "Utinni"...*D

9 hours ago, GandofGand said:

Dya have a link to his website if he has one? or contact info? Just started playing in a new Friday campaign and so far nto one single human or even near-human in the party and I think it'd make a **** of a good good group to get turned into art!

https://willnunesart.com/

10 hours ago, GandofGand said:

YES PLEASE! I'm so for this!

18 hours ago, GandofGand said:

Sooo, where do I sign up?

Too tempting but it might be...short-lived...8D

On 7/18/2020 at 7:27 PM, Fl1nt said:

Thanks for the link!

20 hours ago, GandofGand said:

Too tempting but it might be...short-lived...8D

Thanks for the link!

Its not cheap, but totally worth it 😃
Gifted my players with Pictures of their Characters at Campaign start and they're so proud of the Images, its the first thing they show off when we're having guest players =D

Note: Its an absolute joy to work with Will and he interpretes even vague descriptions in an absolute awesome fashion 😃

Edited by Fl1nt
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 10:32 AM, GandofGand said:

And all of them are fans of street proformance magic xD

12 hours ago, Fl1nt said:

Its not cheap, but totally worth it 😃
Gifted my players with Pictures of their Characters at Campaign start and they're so proud of the Images, its the first thing they show off when we're having guest players =D

Note: Its an absolute joy to work with Will and he interpretes even vague descriptions in an absolute awesome fashion 😃

I bet that would make them more caring of the PC and would actually try to avoid them meeting an untimely desmise

JLX0RVM.jpg

Poster for the first Episode of my current campaign :). Very happy with the way it came out. Commission from StoneRowboat .

17 hours ago, LeighPouse said:

JLX0RVM.jpg

Poster for the first Episode of my current campaign :). Very happy with the way it came out. Commission from StoneRowboat .

Buckey? is that you?

BUCKY O'HARE AND THE TOAD WARS COMPLETE 13 EPISODE DVD SET VERY ...

On 7/24/2020 at 9:36 PM, RuusMarev said:

Buckey? is that you?

As much as my player will deny it, yes it is.

On 7/23/2020 at 8:05 AM, Fl1nt said:

i emailed him like 4 days ago and have yet to hear anything back...assuming he's just busy.

I had a Jawa NPC in the only FFG rules camapign I ran, sadly short-lived, but he was Jawa-cludged Tech to pretend to be a Sith Lord;

- Lightning-throwing Gauntlets, Vibro-sword that glowed red when activated etc...sadly the PC's weren't in the least bit terrified, maybe cause they couldn't understand Jawa?

Hi, hopefully considering the nature of this thread, I am welcome to bump it with my own contribution? I hope so, I've been a long time lurker on this forum (since Edge released) but never made an account. Here goes first post:

I have two characters to share today, from a group that has been playing the same "mega-camapign" since 2015, Lots of in-and outs, but these two PCs and their players have been in it that long and we just had a session this past monday!

First up, Valem Orican, art by Andrew Taylor, find him over at instagram at @Tayloraart

rG28edk.jpg

A mutated Human Bounty Hunter Survivalist/Force Sensitive Emergent from the long dead colony world of Thanatos-III

An Imperial Bio-weapons project turned his world into a graveyard, the flora survived but with a side-affect of producing a toxic gas that replicates the effects of the bio-weapon. Valem was just a young boy, but survived long enough for an old family friend (and in-hiding Jedi Knight) to arrive and save him. He spent years hunting down the members of the science team that developed the weapon, and now he's hunting the lead scientist in The Tapani Sector. Kind of a loner, but over time he's warmed up to the party he's with. Face of the group, and possibly on the path to become a Jedi... if his quest for answers doesn't end with him killing The Scientist who created the weapon... which is now being turned on The Worlds of Tapani.

and next up, Professor Tal Van'Diek, art by The ever-talented Jeff Ward

RkBXhQd.jpg

A Hapan male that escaped and went on to become a professor of theoretical physics at The University of Coruscant, prior to The New Order of course. The Good Doctor was run out following harassment from The ISB and COMPNOR. He eventually fell in with a Rebel Cell led by The Jedi Knight who rescued young Valem. For many years they continued to gain notoriety with The Empire until a successful rescue attempt of their leader led to them being hunted by The Inquisitorious. Professor Van'Diek hid away in The Outer Rim until news of Brauk Teksyn's death reached him, and a secure message sent previously by Teksyn informed him to find Valem. He is responsible for the party ending up in the old WEG adventure, Otherspace when they attempted to skip time on their hyperspace jump to Eriadu to secure a kyber crystal destined for the as of yet undeveloped Death Star II Project.

The Professor's vast knowledge is hindered by his social ability, found lacking from his upbringing on The Hapan homeworld. He is however on a quest to discover the origins of a strange artifact that may lead to a long dead civilization...

Edited by Dakerman
Artist credit for Tal and links to the artists

Considering that my game is dead and my Quarantine Beard is reaching ZZTop-ness, I've not been in a RPGing mood - until a friend told me to go play with Heroforge. So here's a handful of my most recent ones. The girl with the Lightsaber, that's Lon. She's a clone wars era Jedi, currently working her way up the Padawan and Knight trees (or was until the virus kneecapped my game). Then there's Tecetta, my New Hope era Twilek with just about every engineer/tech tree under the sun. Lastly, we've got Vandessa - her punk, rebellious daughter from the E7-9 era.

ren.JPG

Tecatta.JPG

vandessa.JPG

Edited by Desslok

With hte coming shut down of these forums, not just a closure, I'd like to extend a welcoming hand to those who have utilised this thread, and other threads, for questions, answers, trading of stories and roleplaying their games in various areas. My site is still very much new and I gladly welcome everyone who would like to join us there

https://overlight-archives.boards.net/

We're still goiung through the sections of adding things for star wars, Legend of the Five Rings, and also the horror games {if anyone wishes I can also add in the Minitures games and board/card games too!}