The Next Expansion

By Anarchium, in General Discussion

You going there eventually even this year? Lucky boy... :)

I live nearby so I plan on making it every year. :)

Have a great time then, my friend!

Join us!!!

Join us!!!

LOL Thanks. But I need someone to cover the flight costs from my place to the US. Not so cheap, I'm afraid. But sooner or later, I'll be there :D

/envy

I wanted to travel to GenCon at least, but the flight prices themselves basically told me to bugger off. Oh , well...

Pardon my ignorance, but what is Arkham Nights? Also @Julia and @Klaymen, I don't know if it is feasible or not but you use crowd funding sites like Fund Anything or Indiegogo to fund your trip. I helped a fellow Brony visit a convention in New York from Australia. You don't even necessarily need rewards but things like shout outs, travel logs (and pictures) work. I'm sure if you visited either site that you could get an idea of what to offer. Not sure if that helped or not but there are ways out there . . .

On the MoM expansion- Eff yes! I am hesitant at the new board (just because I was overwhelmed with AH boards) but all in all it will be a welcome addition.

Werepanda,

Arkham Nights is a recursive event FFG organizes every year around halloween. It's a sort of huge celebration of HPL inspired boardgames: you're given a chance to play games, meet authors, have Q&A and so on. Partecipants are given a bag of goodies with some unreleased promo stuff for this or that game (AOs for Arkham Horror or Elder Sign, for instance), and it could happen that some games / expansions are presented there for the first time. Many of us believe that, for instance, it'd be possible to play with Mountains of Madness for the first time there.

As for funding... it's tempting, but honestly I wouldn't feel comfortable in asking other people to pay for my flight. Thanks for the suggestion, tho :)

I could see there being multiple Elder Thing tokens when they are awakened and you would have to kill them all before wining the game.

You need to solve 4 mysteries in order to beat it unawakened, so if the Elder Things awaken you need to solve five mysteries. I didn't see any of the mysteries for this AO though, therefore I have no idea how easy or hard it is to progress through those mysteries.

As for funding... it's tempting, but honestly I wouldn't feel comfortable in asking other people to pay for my flight. Thanks for the suggestion, tho :)

Yeah, especially when we're talking about several hundreds of dollars. Or Euros in my case. I'd rather set aside some money over the year (or two, three) and then blow them all on one trip. :)

Edited by klaymen_sk

besides the cop anyone able to squint enough to figure the stats of other characters?

I think I might try adding focusing in our games, or at least what interpretation I was able to surmised as well as trying new character abilities out.

MoM is set in one of the places from the expedition deck/locatios (Antarctica, the pyramids, Amazon, Himalayas and Tunguska), so this is the my take on the next expiation

We will have one ore two small box expansions (like FL) centred on a new ancient one ore investigators.

And after that a big box centred on one of the other expedition locations (like MoM)

I never have taken the time to take al look ad the cthulhu mythos, ore read any of de works of H.P Lovecraved so I don't know if there are any storeys of him that take plays in the other expedition locations.

so let me know what you think about this.

I think it's a reasonable guess to say that there will be an expansion based on The Masks of Nyarlathotep, probably featuring the Pyramids as its side board, though I suspect they'll leave that one to last, as occurred with Innsmouth.

I hope an expansion based on The Masks of Nyarlathotep featuring the Pyramids as its side board (maybe inside the pyramids! something like the tale "The Nameless City!!").

I HOPE.

Yes will be cool to se Egypt…. But first we suppose to get small expansion as FL. So what that can be?

We will get the info probably in few months

Technically, it's more likely to drawn inspiration from "Imprisoned with the Pharaohs" (Egypt) than the "Nameless City" (Arabia), although pulp tropes has never been overly concerned about geography.

Yes will be cool to se Egypt…. But first we suppose to get small expansion as FL. So what that can be?

We will get the info probably in few months

For a small box, my guesses would be either Tsathoggua or Hastur. I'm leaning more toward the latter.

Technically, it's more likely to drawn inspiration from "Imprisoned with the Pharaohs" (Egypt) than the "Nameless City" (Arabia), although pulp tropes has never been overly concerned about geography.

Yes you're right. It's arabia not egypt, and not a pyramid but a "city"!...

But however, I hope something like this, a sideboard more specific ( pyramid or nameless city in desert) where you have to find something in particular.

Or if a sideboard that rappresents a big region (like antartica) so I prefer Australia for the tale "Shadow out of Time".

But it's better a particular sideboard, for me!

Yes shadow of time can be really cool too….

I love that book

Hmmm still no news about next expansion…. So boring! Why ffg dont tell us what is next!?

Hmmm still no news about next expansion…. So boring! Why ffg dont tell us what is next!?

Dunno. Possibly because good things require some time to be created? :D

Mountains of Madness should still provide some "fresh" meat! So far we have 7 AO, with 4 possible levels of difficulty (hence 28 games) times the number of Preludes (4 or 6? don't remember, let's say 4 in the worst case) means 112 different combos to play again :D

(more seriously: I much more prefer a game growing slowly but providing only good stuff to have a pletora of expansions coming with bad results)

I mean last year ffg make announce in february… now is march alraedy

I mean last year ffg make announce in february… now is march alraedy

LOL, got it. Last year was a little different, I think. FL reached the beta phase of the testing more or less when the core set was made available, as if the two of them had been designed more or less at the same time. And it had sense, since FL completes the EH experience (integrates encounters and enhances the stuff from the base set).

I think it's rather difficult to keep up with that pace, but I hope too that rather sooner than later we'll have an announcement

Edited by Julia

I hoped that there was some talk about the next EH expansion during the GAMA Trade Show.

a last there wasn't, not one of the major reviewers (dice tower, watch it play, drive thru review) has mentions something abound it.

Personally I think FF is (to) busy with there star wars license games so that the EH games are on a bit of a back burner.

Bud still we have the Origins Game Fair in June, maybe then.

FFG hasn't had a presence at Origins in years so I dunno if they would make an announcement there. Would love if they did though.

So are we all agreed that Hastur is the next Expansion?

Cause here's proof:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1079338/anyone-crack-code-yet/page/4

It's a bunch of fans analysing the messages and codes in this expansion, as well as things in the base game.

Key clues: Puzzle Box item in base game as the cypher, Old Journal Cards for the code, Daisy and everything to do with her for other clues to the cypher.

The result/ translated code?

'Turn without words lest your orbit decay

His unspeakable name is the silence by which the dancers mark time

rotating through eternity

And when the king return the masquerade shall end

All shall behold the yellow sign and all shall be unmasked in terror

and ecstasy.'

Sorry if you knew this already, but I just thought it was so amazing!

Well, we're still waiting Nyarlathotep since the core set, so, I won't bet too much the next one is Hastur. Then, if it's Hastur, all the better, it's a fun AO!