The Next Expansion

By Anarchium, in General Discussion

That's about time.

Do we know if we'll be getting any cards for the existing decks? Forsaken Lore did a good job making most of the encounter decks feel a lot fuller, but every so often I still have a game where I see a lot of repeats or even clear through a whole deck.

Im pretty sure we will get more cards for all decks… We need more mythos cards for sure….

165 encounter cards in the box, someone can probably make an educated guess as to how that will effect the existing decks.

165 encounter cards in the box, someone can probably make an educated guess as to how that will effect the existing decks.

Well there's gonna be 2 decks of Research Encounters for the new Ancient Ones, plus whatever Antarctica Encounters there are...I don't think there's gonna be too much left over if its 165 in the box.

Something i was noticing. All eight new characters seem to be from Arkham horror expansions. Core characters from Arkham horror (like Dexter Drake and Jenny Barnes) will be the last ones to be released in a far upcoming expansion.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something i was noticing. All eight new characters seem to be from Arkham horror expansions. Core characters from Arkham horror (like Dexter Drake and Jenny Barnes) will be the last ones to be released in a far upcoming expansion.

I don't mind it, because I think the base characters got a bit overused, in all the Cthulhu mythos games. Completely different set of investigators in the EH base game was IMO a great thing to do.

I don't mind it, because I think the base characters got a bit overused, in all the Cthulhu mythos games. Completely different set of investigators in the EH base game was IMO a great thing to do.

Yeah, i don't mind it too. They were really overused (core elder sign has the same characters from core Arkham) and i think fantasy flight did a good thing to replace the debut investigators. New game, "new" investigators.

Funny thing: Ursula Downs on the picture looks like a Lara Croft with loose hair. Hahaha!

Edited by Nainphy

Does anyone know something about a probable release date?

I do hope it will be available in case there is an Arkham Nights 2014

Yeah, i don't mind it too. They were really overused (core elder sign has the same characters from core Arkham)

Not to mention core Mansions of Madness...

f unny pic for the first side board I really taut it would be some sort of other world board were you have to track true one of the other worlds

bud new/more

- cards

- investigators

- board

- monsters

- ancient one

HEL YES i take it, hoopfuly we/I can get it during SPIEL 2014 in essen

What do you assume to be the second one AO? Connected to Plateau of Leng and frozen environment, would be Ithaqua.

Awesome looking expansion! Another board, more cards, more GOO, more Investigators, what could you ask for more?

Maybe world peace and that butterscotch ice cream would make you lose weight but i'll take Mountains of Madness anyways :P

Edited by SolennelBern

I do hope it will be available in case there is an Arkham Nights 2014

An Arkham Nights 2014 release would make a happy Fenyx.

You going there eventually even this year? Lucky boy... :)

Im pretty sure we will get it around end of November/ early December

Either that, or they will try to get it out around Halloween for an extra spooky kick.

I did see that "Elder Things" is one of the new ancient ones, which strikes me as odd since in Arkham they are just regular monsters.

Secondly, the write-up pretty much confirms Agnes Baker, Patrice, and Ursula as 3/8 of the investigators. I love Agnes and the concept of Patrice. Maybe this time she won't be so OP that I ban her from all of my games. YAY!

EDIT: I'm sure some of this was covered in the thread(s) so far, but just wanted to confirm the investigator roster from a thread I saw on BGG

Agnes Baker,

Patrice Hathaway

Ursula Downs

Wilson Richards

Tommy Muldoon

Daisy Walker

George Barnaby

Finn Edwards

Edited by Soakman

I could see there being multiple Elder Thing tokens when they are awakened and you would have to kill them all before wining the game.

You going there eventually even this year? Lucky boy... :)

I live nearby so I plan on making it every year. :)