The Next Expansion

By Anarchium, in General Discussion

The board is very large as it is (one might even call it a design flaw). Not all tables have enough space for even the base game, and with more boards added I'm pretty sure I would need to go buy a huge ass gaming table just for Eldritch.

That said, I'd love to get more lite expansions like Forbidden Lore. The game is starting to be at a point where it doesn't really need more different conditions, only more baddies and characters and extra cards to already existing card piles.

There's a pandemic expansion which you receive a whole new board with more actions to do on it (pandemic game covers the world too, as eldritch horror). It'd be an exit to a big expansion. Some new rules for the new spaces (or some way to walk more spaces per round since you would have mores spaces to cover) and we would have a new board. But i think it'll be very hard to fantasy flight to create a replaceable board. IF a board comes out, i'd bet on a new board you'll need to add and not on a board to replace the current one.

But i think it'll be very hard to fantasy flight to create a replaceable board. IF a board comes out, i'd bet on a new board you'll need to add and not on a board to replace the current one.

Yep. Especially because if you replace the original board, what's next? Further expansions should refer to the original board or the new one? It's a compatibility mess.

How long before we hear anything? Sheesh!

Hello everyone! :) How many and which Ancient Ones do you think will be added to EH in future expansions? :)

In the eldritch horror rule book there's a code that when translated it mentions Nyarlathotep (full translation of the code here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1079338/anyone-crack-code-yet ). As soon as this code was cracked, people was betting he'd be the first expansion AO. Later, this proved wrong and Yig was the first.

Can Nyarlathotep make his appearance now and be the next expansion AO?

I cannot wait for the news about next expansion....why is so long? !!! Im ready for every thing about EH!!!

So do I. Glaurung. Sadly, my friends don't like it much, but I'm having a blast even when playing solo. Any expansion is an instabuy for me.

So do I. Glaurung. Sadly, my friends don't like it much, but I'm having a blast even when playing solo. Any expansion is an instabuy for me.

to be honest i like it solo even more. When you have many players and listen some stupid jokes and so on is not really cool. Much more interesting to play with people who know Lovecraft books an can really dive deep in the story and so on. .... So since is not much people around me like this i prefer to play it solo sometimes.

The biggest problem for me is the abundance of the "it is not like AH because *insert any possible reason* and therefore I don't like it" people around me.

Edited by klaymen_sk

I do hope an EH hug is coming soon™.

We can all use one right about now.

Come FFG, give us that hug!

:D

And a new game board in the form of Antarctica....yay, I guess.

And, again... FINALLY!!! :D :D :D

This looks super fun! I don't know what I'm more excited for, more investigators, more Ancient Ones, or the side board.

How well did the side boards integrate to Arkham Horror? I never played that one.

Mt.of Madness-Oh yes-but I wonder how this side Board will interface with the

base Game. Does the main Game go on while some Inv go on the expedition or does

the Game stop when the expedition starts & resolves there.

Really interested in the new card types, adventures and preludes, and how they will impact the game.

As much as I love my AH Investigators I do wish they would add some new characters instead.

Mt.of Madness-Oh yes-but I wonder how this side Board will interface with the

base Game. Does the main Game go on while some Inv go on the expedition or does

the Game stop when the expedition starts & resolves there.

I don't think the game would stop. Too many things to "stop": rumors, reckonings for conditions, advancing mysteries, and so on. I'm more prone to think you have a bigger surface to cover, with a lot of interactions between the main and the side board (after all, travelling in EH is not that easy)

Normally extra board makes the game harder, because you have to travel more, to get to the place you need to be. Also it is more difficult with less players...

But nice to see an expansion and after this the this game is as hard as AH to beat... och boy... The end is near!

Amazing! I love Mountain of Madness!!!

Im pretty sure after years AH strory FFG know how to make Additional board for EH properly.

Cannot wait to play all this cool stuff! Big box, 2 AO, 8 Investigators, lot of new and additional cards..... COOOOOL!!!

One of the things I liked most about EH was that they fixed the gate and clue distribution so that when new boards were added tokens would remain evenly spread.

This should feel like playing on one big board instead of two separate boards like in AH.

When using the NEW elder things AO (which is really more of a conspiracy) I think you will be driven to the artic for research.

No travel tokens in the artic mean the board will feel much larger.

Two words on the Mountains of Madness expansion...

HELL YEAH!!

Two words on the Mountains of Madness expansion...

HELL YEAH!!

Aye. I am utterly enthused for this.

But yes, HELL YEAH!! :D

"Eight investigators offer new roles to play as you confront these chilling, inhuman threats. Numerous additional Assets, Spells, Artifacts and Conditions may help investigators or harm them, and for the first time, Adventures and Prelude cards shape the international struggle against the Ancient Ones. Do you have the strength to survive Antarctica’s frozen wastes, encounter the Mountains of Madness, and stave off the end of human civilization?"

Interesting.