New Custom Desgned Unit Cards - Looking For Suggestions!

By WatchItPlayed, in Dust Warfare

Iron Joe Galka said:

Would you mind if we put up links to these (with proper credit given, of course) on dust-war ?

Not at all, go for it!

I printed out my Axis army on card stock and laminated. Thank you for your hard work and effort. They are really well done.

536RodneySmith said:

Iron Joe Galka said:

Would you mind if we put up links to these (with proper credit given, of course) on dust-war ?

Not at all, go for it!

Can I make the cards available for the itallian players from my site? I'll give you the credits, of course.

There's a Dropbox gallery download tool you can use to easily download the lot here .

536RodneySmith said:

Iron Joe Galka said:

Not at all, go for it!

Thanks! I separated out the Axis and Allies and zipped them up.

Available on our forums.

A great job was done on these!

I'd like permission too pls to post the files on one of the local boards where I live. Proper credit of course given to 536RodneySmith.

also what about Boardgamegeek? any plans to post them there? if not, I can post them there too as well.

regards,

Les

More card making madness.

Added three cards called:

Battle Builder - Objectives

Battle Builder - Deployment

Battle Builder - Conditions

The idea here, is to pull these out when building your battle. Each player gets 2 Combat Dice (representing their Scenario Points), and places a dice on the positions of the cards, to show their choices.

All the rules for the different Scenario options are listed on the cards.

Take a look at the cards, should make sense. Feedback welcomed.

Added a Fortifications card as well, detailing all the fortifications, but I do not understand the Minefield countermeasures for Artillery. Is it ONLY weapons with Artillery that can shoot a mine? If so, I wish they haden't included wording like "just shooting at the ground can trigger a mine", because it seems like it's suggesting regular weapons can trigger them as well.

If it is only Artillery, I'll have to change the wording on the card.

Replaced Action Jackson (couple of spelling mistakes).

Also added an Allies - Platoon Upgrades file, with all the applicable Platoon Upgrades for the ALlies. Axis coming later.

Thanks so much for making these! I'm going to go get them all professionally printed and laminated this week.

I've made up an image for the reverse of the cards. My photoshop-fu is weak (well, GIMP-fu) but please feel free use it yourself or give suggestions for improvement

Link to dropbox: javascript:void(0);/*1341197494409*/

#gallery:0

EDIT: severely disliking this forum software. How can I preview an image from dropbox?

The link works, at least. Very nice backing!

Also, if anyone here cares to know, I now have all the rules summarized on 2 pages. So this paired with the unit cards is pretty much all you need at the table during a battle. members.accesswave.ca/~rcasmith/Dust%20Warfare%20-%20Compressed.pdf

That's a nice card back, Trasvi. It's simple, uncluttered and does the job.

Also, Rodney, I hope you don't mind me using your cards on my site. I have a shortcode in place that automatically turns unit names into a link to that unit's card. Then, when someone clicks the link, the card image will zoom up, lightbox-style. It's meant to make reading articles easier, especially for newer players who might not know from memory what a unit does.

DustWarfareBack.png

Copy into image dialogue box as 'copy as plain text'

Very good work. Thanks for it. FFG should have such informative cards from the beginning on. Its a shame that a fan has to do the companies work.

I've added three new cards for the Battle Builder that give you the updated Battle Builder rules from the Tournament play document that was just released.

Added the Axis Platoon Upgrades card. There. I think that's everything.

536RodneySmith said:

Time for R&R you deserve before the SSU project hits in the next couple of weeks. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Shadow4ce said:

536RodneySmith said:

Time for R&R you deserve before the SSU project hits in the next couple of weeks. gui%C3%B1o.gif

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

536RodneySmith said:

Shadow4ce said:

536RodneySmith said:

Demand. Natures way of saying, "Thank you. Your skillz are legendary!" gran_risa.gif

Shadow4ce said:

536RodneySmith said:

Shadow4ce said:

536RodneySmith said:

Demand. Natures way of saying, "Thank you. Your skillz are legendary!" gran_risa.gif

This is the kind of thing that happens when everyone says "These cards should have come with the game". ;)

On the Axis Platoon Upgrades card you have Defenses listed as 50AP. It's 5AP.

Three files are downloading as zero kb:

Conditions -- tournament play.psd

deploy -- tournament play.psd

objectives -- tournament play.psd

Not sure why, as all the other files have downloaded successfully.

Great work all around!

Thanks Maj and Kilted - Fixed it. And now uploading.

I've removed the tokens from the rulebook pages and put them on a single, slightly more printer-friendly page.

This will provide enough tokens for 5 units, one hero and one vehicle on a single printer page, as well as fortification markers. Additionally, I've provided a recoloured pages so that the Reaction markers are blue, rather than red - in the games I've been playing we've used blue/red for reaction/suppression as this is easy to tell from a distance. the tokens are sized to be exactly 1".

The pages are in jpeg form, but there are also .xcf (gimp) documents if someone wants to further improve them.

GDrive: https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B68sF-FpNewFRGtVTnh3eUJyczA/edit

I've re-upped the Crack Shots and the Sniper Grenadier teams so ensure that it is clear that the Spotter ability applies to the entire unit that the spotter model is in.