New Custom Desgned Unit Cards - Looking For Suggestions!

By WatchItPlayed, in Dust Warfare

Rodney, the Steel Rain says "Long Tange" instead of "Long Range"

Scargap said:

Good point, a Long Tange weapon would be severly overpowered at that AP cost!

Fixed :)

My sincere thanks to all of the hard work people have clearly put into this - you are pillars of the community, seriously. (And making my life a lot easier to crush some Jerries at our next Dust Warfare game)

--Robert

Scargap said:

(Artilery) Strike ability also spelt wrong.

Bazooka joe: Black Ops is a shared skill as per FAQ.

Keep up the great work!

Had the spelling wrong in a couple other cards too, so fixed it - thanks!

You took away my Long Tange! **** you, you just nerfed my whole army!

Strombole said:

You took away my Long Tange! **** you, you just nerfed my whole army!

partido_risa.gif

Oh noes, now what will the tall astronauts drink?

Added

Sigrid

Grenadier X

Markus

Look out for any Tange weapons!

Sigrid's weapon line is wrong for her Laser-Pistole B

Should be…

Laser–Pistole B 12” 6/1 3/1 2/1 1/1 1/1 1/1 1/1 - - - - - - -

I wish it could shoot aircraft and roll more dice, but nope.

Shadow4ce said:

Sigrid's weapon line is wrong for her Laser-Pistole B

Should be…

Laser–Pistole B 12” 6/1 3/1 2/1 1/1 1/1 1/1 1/1 - - - - - - -

I wish it could shoot aircraft and roll more dice, but nope.

True enough. Fixed.

Hey friends, I have this for a lot of my Command Secion units:

Command Squad: Command Section of a Sturmgrenadiere Platoon. A force with oneor more command squads in play can issue one extra order.

I can not find that part in bold in the rulebook, even though I must have at one point, because I put it there! Anyone know right off where it goes? I'm thinkinf I should add this to the notes for Heros when they are leading a Command Section.

Also, when you are building your platoon, can you join a Hero to a unit and then make that Hero/unit the Command Section? ie. Join Manfred to a Sturmpioniere unit to lead a Blutkreuz Platoon. Or must the Hero be solo'd in that case as the Command Section?

Pg 109, if I'm reading it right, suggests this would be allowed.

Also, Manfred, Angela, Stefan and Totenmeister are completed.

Which finishes the Core Book. Now to find the final edits and polishes and close the book on this… book.

Updated the other Axis Heroes as well, so grab those again, if you already did, to check them over.

Hot Dog has an error in the Napalm Thrower text, it only rolls as many dice as there are models in the target unit. Not 2x as many. That is reserved for the Fireball's Napalm Thrower. gui%C3%B1o.gif

536RodneySmith said:

Hey friends, I have this for a lot of my Command Secion units:

Command Squad: Command Section of a Sturmgrenadiere Platoon. A force with oneor more command squads in play can issue one extra order.

I can not find that part in bold in the rulebook, even though I must have at one point, because I put it there! Anyone know right off where it goes? I'm thinkinf I should add this to the notes for Heros when they are leading a Command Section.

Also, when you are building your platoon, can you join a Hero to a unit and then make that Hero/unit the Command Section? ie. Join Manfred to a Sturmpioniere unit to lead a Blutkreuz Platoon. Or must the Hero be solo'd in that case as the Command Section?

Pg 109, if I'm reading it right, suggests this would be allowed.

Page 54 reads…

" Command Squad

A unit with this ability is an experienced unit, trained to lead other units in battle. A force that includes one or more units with the Command Squad special ability in play may issue one additional order in the Command phase."

So it's just the command squads, not heroes, with this ability.

Page 82 (Allies) and Page 109 (Axis) reads…

"When taken as a Command Section, a Hero is treated exactly as if he were a part of the platoon, counting as a Command Section. He may still join a unit as a Hero, but this unit must be from the same platoon as the Hero. A unit joined by a Hero in this way becomes the platoon's Command Section for the purposes of giving Orders."

Hope that helps.

Ozz 117 Heroic stand might be confusing. It reads almost as if it only lasts during the command phase. Perhaps change it to read:

Heroic Stand (Shared) : Declare once per game during the Command Phase. T he unit reverses any armor rolls it makes for the rest of the turn.

The Chef - Swap his flamethrower text for the Hot Dog's. gui%C3%B1o.gif

He gets 2x the number of models in target unit dice. (I think the 2x-flame symbols in the weapon table is their way of not putting a (2) behind the weapon, keeping him from splitting his fire on two target units, but still doing 2 flame throwers worth of damage.

BBQ Squad - Subtitle spelling error. Assault has 2 S's.

PS - Sorry for all the contiguous posts. I'm waiting for other players to finish their games to play again, having rapidly dispatched my last opponent. I thought I'd do something useful while waiting for my next victim. gran_risa.gif

Edit to add - That's all I could find for Allies. I'll hit Axis later, as I do believe fresh meat has just arrived. demonio.gif

Shadow4ce said:

Ozz 117 Heroic stand might be confusing. It reads almost as if it only lasts during the command phase. Perhaps change it to read:

Heroic Stand (Shared) : Declare once per game during the Command Phase. T he unit reverses any armor rolls it makes for the rest of the turn.

Hmmmm.. I'm not sure that it does last for the rest of the game. Here's is the exact text:

"Once per game during the Command Phase, the unit may declare the use of Heroic Stand. For the rest of the game turn the unit inverts any armor rolls it makes.

It specifies game turn, not game, so I think that just means, the player picks when you use Heroic stand, and then it last for that turn only.

Make sense?

Thanks Shadow4ce - all updates done.

Angela has Laser Pistol B listed in her rules section, but she has a Mauser. No laser for Angela.

536RodneySmith said:

Shadow4ce said:

Hmmmm.. I'm not sure that it does last for the rest of the game. Here's is the exact text:

"Once per game during the Command Phase, the unit may declare the use of Heroic Stand. For the rest of the game turn the unit inverts any armor rolls it makes.

It specifies game turn, not game, so I think that just means, the player picks when you use Heroic stand, and then it last for that turn only.

Make sense?

Yes. Which is why I said the same thing and you quoted me as having said thus. It's okay, the voices in my head sometimes take over too, lol. lengua.gif

Shadow4ce said:

536RodneySmith said:

Shadow4ce said:

Make sense?

Yes. Which is why I said the same thing and you quoted me as having said thus. It's okay, the voices in my head sometimes take over too, lol. lengua.gif

Shadow4ce said:

Shadow4ce said:

536RodneySmith said:

Shadow4ce said:

Make sense?

Clarification: IMHO, as it's written now, it sounds like it only lasts for the command phase. I think it could be reworded so it's clear it lasts for the entire turn, ie, both command phases and both unit phases of the turn it is activated. I never stated it would last the rest of the game.

You're absolutely right, I read your post incorrectly. *smacks self*

Fixed.

Major Malfunction said:

Angela has Laser Pistol B listed in her rules section, but she has a Mauser. No laser for Angela.

Thanks!

Wait, what are you doing in this thread? I thought you weren't getting into this game! gui%C3%B1o.gif

These are amazing. Thanks to everyone who contributed.