New Custom Desgned Unit Cards - Looking For Suggestions!

By WatchItPlayed, in Dust Warfare

536RodneySmith said:

I've re-upped the Crack Shots and the Sniper Grenadier teams so ensure that it is clear that the Spotter ability applies to the entire unit that the spotter model is in.

Excellent. Thanks! Btw, I hope you're well rested & bored. Zverograd Campaign Book drops tomorrow. Most stores should get it by Wednesday. I'll be able and happy to help double-check the cards again as soon as I get my book later in the week.

I'll be awhile doing those cards, so someone else might want to step up - too busy to do anything with it for a few weeks at least.

That said, I've updated the Corps Officers card as well, since I had it listed as command section of an Assault squad, when it should have said Elite squad.

Shadow4ce said:

536RodneySmith said:

I've re-upped the Crack Shots and the Sniper Grenadier teams so ensure that it is clear that the Spotter ability applies to the entire unit that the spotter model is in.

Excellent. Thanks! Btw, I hope you're well rested & bored. Zverograd Campaign Book drops tomorrow. Most stores should get it by Wednesday. I'll be able and happy to help double-check the cards again as soon as I get my book later in the week.

I can pitch in with some.

The new FAQ refers to a "unit card upgrade pack". Sounds like they're relieving us. So, I'm not going to bother with making those stat cards for now.

Edit: oops that was for dust tactics. Sorry!

Hello Rodney,

I have the SSU book and am playing the SSU, so I have a great desire to help work on the cards.

Could you please re-post a current link to the PSD files? I have CS4, so can get on these right away.

Thanks!

Think the card with tank damages effects will be useful

Drag0n said:

Think the card with tank damages effects will be useful

Going to need the aircraft one now as well.

Anybody working on the SSU and other Zverograd cards yet? If I had the software, and/or skills, I'd be all over this by now. Alas, I don't. But I'm ready willing and able to provide editorial checking.

Finally got my book today! Looks awesome! My only concern is its binding. My Tannhauser rulebook had the same binding and all the pages fell out! Rules look fun though. I need to peer pressure one of my friends to pick up the Russkies…

I'll start chipping away at the SSU basic infantry. I'll pass it over to Rodney to check out and post when he gets the chance.

*and I'll post a SSU .psd for others to use too

Okay, the basic infantry and solo Commissars have been passed to Rodney. I'll tackle platoon leaders next, then move on to walkers.

Editors are welcome of course.

Speaking of which, it looks like the Sturmpionere's flamethrower is murder on aircraft, Rodney. Those should be blanks.

I'll post the SSU cards until Rodney gets a chance to host them with the others. I stuck a SSU psd template for others to use if they want.

All the infantry is done. I'll move onto walkers next, then choppers.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mxbxlcsm2hvbhr6/NOXspHk1Kc

Thanks KB! It's going to be a very busy few days for me, but I'll give editing feedback if needed as soon as I can. I imagine though that others will beat me to it this time around.

*Edit to add…

I hope it's okay I shared the link on the Dust-War.com Forums. If not, let me know and I'll take it down.

Great work on the SSU cards! They look awesome.

Some editing feedback for you.

Frontoviki: Grenades stat line is wrong in all Soldiers column. Looks like a copy of the DPM.

Nadya: Sulpher Jet stat line is 1/4 against Vehicle 4 and up, not 1/5.

I don't have the book with me at the moment, but isn't the PTRS-47 (RPG) Tank Killer?

Poe said:

I don't have the book with me at the moment, but isn't the PTRS-47 (RPG) Tank Killer?

Nope, just a plain old Bazooka.

Major Malfunction said:

Poe said:

Nope, just a plain old Bazooka.

I believe you were thinking of the RPG-47, which we won't see until the MI-46 arrives with the KV-47D Aero "Nina" Walker model. It has two of them, and will be nerve-wracking for opponents - 2x 1/6 vs all vehicles with Tank Killer being air-lifted into a Heavy Walkers rear area will make anyone sweat.

I adjusted the Nadya and Frontoviki stats.

Please check over my bomb rules summary. I left out the LoS stuff. Should it be included?

I added the MIL MI-47's and heroes. The Nikita, Death Rain, and Natasia will have to wait until we can get good pics!

Oh, and I included the "Hover" special ability with the attack choppers even though they do not posses it in the rulebook currently. This seems like an obvious oversight to me, as page 17 specifically names that SSU attack choppers do not have to obey Compulsory Move actions. I expect a correction in a future errata.

Thanks for the editing, guys!

KevinBakon said:

Oh, and I included the "Hover" special ability with the attack choppers even though they do not posses it in the rulebook currently. This seems like an obvious oversight to me, as page 17 specifically names that SSU attack choppers do not have to obey Compulsory Move actions. I expect a correction in a future errata.

Thanks for the editing, guys!

Thanks for the great work and getting these out fast, KevinBacon! I'm glad to help in some small way. :)

I have been pondering the Hover thing myself. It *seems* like a no brainer, but then you never know what the play testers and designers uncovered in testing. Unfortunately, example notes != rules.

My recommendation would be to use another version with the Hover ability cut, and keep this one on tap for the (inevitable) FAQ release if/when it changes.

Haven't adjusted Hover yet, but I did post up the reinforcements for the Allies and Axis.

KevinBakon said:

Haven't adjusted Hover yet…

Has anybody tried emailing ffg on this? I really think this is another Sturmgrenadiere type deal (Core book left off their Fast SA).

Shadow4ce said:

KevinBakon said:

Haven't adjusted Hover yet…

Has anybody tried emailing ffg on this? I really think this is another Sturmgrenadiere type deal (Core book left off their Fast SA).

Just did. I'll keep the group posted.

You recently asked a question about Dust Warfare:

> Rule Question:
> The SSU Attack Helicopters do not have the "Hover" special rule. Is this an oversight or intentional? The other helicopters in the book have the "Hover" rule.

The SSU Attack Helicopters should be listed as having the Hover special ability. This will be addressed in an upcoming FAQ update.

I hope this has answered your question. Happy Gaming!

Zach Tewalthomas
Assoc. Miniatures Games Producer
Fantasy Flight Games
[email protected]

Cool! Makes much more sense.

Quick response from FFG too.

KevinBakon said:

Cool! Makes much more sense.

Quick response from FFG too.

Yeah. Zach's awesome. The ship is in good hands with him taking over for Mack.