New Custom Desgned Unit Cards - Looking For Suggestions!

By WatchItPlayed, in Dust Warfare

Nice to see the balls been picked up by other great contributors to get the SSU done. Finally had a chance to try my unit cards out in earnest last night.

Played by first official game of Dust Warfare, while teaching 4 other people. My allied force was utterly destroyed, so I'm back to the table to work on that, but the cards really made things easier to track.

I took the time to write Paolo a message on FB, but never heard back, I would love to be able to update some of the pictures on the ALlied and Axis cards, as I had to grab many of them from fan sites, etc. Anyone know if Paolo would be able to send me some of those, or how best to reach him. Hit me up at watchitplayed (at) live (dot) com if you can.

And wow, the new units at GenCon looked great. Even through the glass, they were pretty exciting to see!

I was just wondering how people are using these? Do you print them out full size? Or try to print them smaller? What paper did you use? I was thinking about copying all these to a disk and taking them to Kinko's and having them print them out on something more than regular printer paper.

Just wondering what seems to work best, and other peoples experiences.

Draugadan said:

I was just wondering how people are using these? Do you print them out full size? Or try to print them smaller? What paper did you use? I was thinking about copying all these to a disk and taking them to Kinko's and having them print them out on something more than regular printer paper.

I print them 4-up, cut, then laminate.

If you use a thicker pouch you don't need to print on card stock, the laminate pouch will be plenty stiff.

Be sure to cut before laminating. It's always better to have the edges sealed.

I just print direct onto 6"x4" (10x15) photo paper. Photo paper is nice and thick and the ink won't run, so no need for laminating and cutting.

Draugadan said:

I print them on 4x6 photo paper and put them in card protectors. i tend to be a little rough on the cards, and it also allows me to print out the backs and slip them into the sleeves so they look nice and professional.

I was printing them out on 4x6 in full color and laminating them. I got about 15 done then realised I can copy them into my iPad photo file, then I can build lists and scroll through them and it saves a lot of money.

I just send them to walmart and have them printed up as 4 x 6 photos. Cheaper than spending the ink myself. I then just run them through the laminater. Works like a champ and we use the cards everygame.

Rodney I just sent you an email

Does anyone know what page the completed Axis and Allied card links are on? Is there no way to edit them into the first post or even create a new thread to just collect the most recent links? They're really hard to find…

DoomOnYou72 said:

I just send them to walmart and have them printed up as 4 x 6 photos. Cheaper than spending the ink myself. I then just run them through the laminater. Works like a champ and we use the cards everygame.

Rodney I just sent you an email

I went with the Walmart method. 30 Axis cards was about $7. Not bad at all, and they look great. Thanks for the advise.

Thank you for doing these!

Is there a way to have the Core Set ones you did, both Axis and Allies…along with the little extra cards, all put into a downloadable zip file like the SSU ones?

It may have been fixed and I just can't find the link to the correct set of cards but, the card I printed for Corps Officers list soldier type as 2 instead of 3.

I printed out a full set of these on gloss photopaper at wallgreens. Was only 10 bucks for all axis and allies. My only complaint is the low res of the cards. There is a lot of pixelation to be seen on the cards. Functionally they are awesome though!

Is their anyway to batch download all the cards? Or do I have to save them one at a time?

Thanks

Just for info. The Allied 'Corps Officers' card has an error. The unit is listed as an armor-2 unit. It is actually an armor-3 unit.

Any chance for an update?

First, I'd like to say that these cards are absolutely awesome! Thank you for making them.

If you update the cards, can you also update the SSU cards (Nikolai, MI-47 Attack Helicopters) to take into account the latest FAQ and errata?

Nikolai's Take Aim is now Pilot: Take Aim.

And the MI-47's gain Hover.

Hey everybody, I can't update any of the original core cards, because Rodney has all those files. I'll update the Zverograd cards when I get the chance. I thought I gave the hoppers hover in anticipation of a FAQ, though.

I'm looking forward to getting Hades cards made!

Does anyone have the PSD files for SSU Flyers and a Axis PSD file in their box. I was going to try and make some Dust Models ones, but I only have PSD file for Allies.

Hey gang, sorry I haven't been around much in case people have needed anything from the core set cards. Been quite busy with other projects, but I was contacted and told that the Allied Corps Officer Cards has the wrong infanty class score, which I have corrected and updated (it was 2, I've changed it to 3).

All the best, gamers!

Hi,

I've gone through this thread (fairly quickly) but couldn't find one location that has all the different cards. They seem to be seperated into different folders correct? Is there one link to all the cards for every faction?

Thank you for any help. This is my first post, and I just got into Dust Warfare. I will be playing my first game soon.

Thank you, Rodney, for your work on these.

I finally updated the Nikolai card to have the Pilot: Take Aim. Helos already had hover in expectation of the FAQ correction. I'll start working on Hades this week. Man, that book is nice!

OMG these are great, thank you for doing this!

Biggest issue I've had with Dust Warfare is rules consolidation. This helps a ton.

Where are the SSU cards hosted? I only saw Allies and Axis at Rodney's link.

Found a small error. The Wotan, Wotan AR and Flammluther cards all list a MG 44 which should be a Turret MG 44.

And for those who haven't already enjoyed seeing the business end of a Wotan: Man that thing is nasty.