New Techniques

By ElricOfMelnibone, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

Looks like I have to rework this stuff a bit.

I read on FFwiki, Dragoons were accompanied by wyvern familiars, but perhaps it's only like that in one of the games of the series.

As for the "Jump", my previous version was DistanceAttack+Projection, but Automatic Tranport costs FAR LESS both in terms of Ki and MK...So I preferred it to stay like this.

I entirely missed the STR / DEX / POW stuff, sorry. I'll rework ki costs too. Stay tuned. MK2 will be out within few hours.

DRAGOON STYLE:
Used by a group of heavily armored fighters known as Dragoons, Dragoon Style is a fighting style combining the use of pole arms, jumping attacks, and a huge tap on physical strength that allows them to drain energy from their targets.
Techniques: 5. Total MK: 300.

JUMP
Level 1
The most basic technique of Dragoons, Jump allows its user to make a fast ki-powered jump on the enemy, greatly increasing the impact of the attack. This technique allows its user to make an Automatic Transport movement of up to 10m followed by an Attack with a Base Damage Bonus of +50. This technique can only be used while wielding a lance.
Effects: +50Damage, 10m Automatic Transport, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Generic Weapon Bond (Lance).
STR4 / DEX4 / POW4
MK: 25

MIGHTY GUARD
Level 1
Once a Dragoon is in a real life-threatening situation, he can set himself to a defensive position in order to withstand any kind of attack for a very limited time. This technique grants its user a bonus of +20 to all Resistances, as well as a bonus of +40 to all Block Rolls performed in a turn. This technique can only be used while its user has no more than a quarter of his initial Life Points.
Effects: +20PhR (VR, DR), +20MR, +20PsR, +40Complete Block, -2Ki.
Disadvantages: Limit Condition (1/4 Life Points).
STR8 / DEX8 / POW8
MK: 50

LANCET
Level 2
Tapping upon his/her spiritual energy, the Dragoon’s lance is enveloped by a dragon shaped aura. When the Dragoon strikes the opponent, the dragon maws bite the opponent, draining its life and transferring them to the opponent. This technique allows its user to make an attack benefitting from a +75Attack Bonus. A target hit by this attack must pass a PhR checks against a difficulty of 160, or suffer a loss of Life Points equal to the failure level. Life points lost in this way are drained by the user of this technique. This technique has the Predetermined disadvantage. This technique can only be used while wielding a lance.
Effects: +75Attack, Supernatural State (PhR160, Life Drain, Attack), -2Ki.
Disadvantages: Generic Weapon Bond (Lance), Predetermined.
STR12 / DEX12 / POW12
MK: 70

DRAGON BREATH
Level 2
By turning his own physical energy into row power, the Dragoon has it unleash a devastating breath of raw destructive power. This technique allows its user to make a Distance Attack affecting all individuals within a line 10m wide and 20m long, with a +50Attack bonus and a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus +50. This technique has the Predetermined disadvantage. In order to use this technique the user must spend 4 Fatigue Points in addition to accumulated ki.
Effects: +50Attack, +50 Damage, 20m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage, Line of Destruction), 5mArea Attack.
Disadvantages: -4Fatigues, Predetermined.
STR11 / DEX11 / POW11
MK: 40

HIGHWIND JUMP
Level 3
The final technique of Dragoons, taking the name by a great and noble family of Dragoons, actually combines the effects of Jump and Lancet, greatly augmenting their effects in a lethal attack that taps strongly upon the user’s physical strengths to be performed. The whole body of the user is surrounded by a dragon-shaped aura and the dragon seems to leap into the sky only to dive upon the opponent closing its mouth over it. This technique allows its user to make an Automatic Transport movement of 100m followed by an attack with a +75Attack Bonus, and a +75Base Damage Bonus. A target hit by this attack must pass a PhR checks against a difficulty of 180, or suffer a loss of Life Points equal to the failure level. Life points lost in this way are drained by the user of this technique. This technique can only be used while wielding a lance. In order to use this technique, the user must spend 6 Fatigue Points in addition to accumulated ki. The user of this technique cannot defend during the same turn this technique is used.
Effects: 100mAutomatic Transport, +75Attack, +75Damage, Supernatural State (PhR180, Life Drain, Attack), -3Ki.
Disadvantages: -6Fatigues, Generic Weapon Bond (Lance), No Defense.
STR20 / DEX20 / POW20
MK: 115

Removed all Wyvern Familiar things over ther. Dragon Breath is now no longer "Elemental" and Spirit Surge was substituted by a non-maintainable, but very nice all-round defensive technique. The whole school can be used with some satisfaction by a character with only 4Accumulations on all stats (Jump can be used each turn, Mighty Guard each even turn, Level2 techniques require 3 turns and Highwind Jump is doable in 5 turns), but gets more interesting if accumulations rise a bit, so it should be a fine group of techniques for a non-technician character. As a side effect the "total MK cost" went down a bit to 300, which is also good for a non-technician school.

Hope this fits better the target.

The wyvern familiar bit comes from their MMO, Final Fantasy 11, and is not present in any other game that I'm aware of. Could potentially refluff that as calling upon the power of dragons, but I see no direct tie ins to any advantages. I do like what you did with the Automatic Movement on Jump and Highwind Jump.

I already posted the reworked group of techniques. Just look up!

Elric, i love you in a non-sexual way so much i could kiss you :D

You did a great job wih the rework that i can actually feel it as a Dragoons abilities. My hat is off to you my dear sir.

Ill be showing them to my co-player asap(tonight or sometime next week) and ill give you her feedback.

It's good to know that this time I got closer to the target. If your player still wants it to be somewhat different just ask over here and I'll see what I can do!

The player really likes it(although she says its going to cost alot)

Now all we have to do is get it approved by our GM

If she's using a Weapon Master as "base" for the Dragoon, I'd suggest either taking some of the "home-ruled" advantages I posted (Innate Ki Reserve and Improved Spiritual Growth), and/or ask for an Artifact that helps her with Accumulations and/or Ki, if the Master allows so. Otherwise, get the "Versatile" advantage from GM toolkit, make a couple levels as Technician and then switch back to Weapon Master.

Shes making a warrior and doesnt want to change class. Getting 4 acc in the 3 isnt so bad and neither is getting some extra ki, but it doesnt leave much for anything else.

As a Warrior she might still like the aforementioned additions if your master allowed them AND even without them should be able to pull out the required Ki points and accumulations in given time. She doesn't need to have Accumulation4 at level1. For a Level1 Warrior its best to require 2 or 3 turns for a Level1 technique, rather than having low Attack/Block. Accumulations and ki points can be bought little by little through Levels.

If she really wants too I can try and make these techniques weaker and cheeper. It's certainly possible, but then she shouldn't expect that much when using them. If she needs it, I can work on them a bit more to make them "thinner". Just let me know.

Ok...this is an alternative solution...it's a weaker version of Dragoon Style, called Dragoon Whelp, designed for those Dragoons that lack the sheer spiritual power to master properly Dragoon Style.

DRAGOON WHELP:
Similar to Dragoon Style, Dragoon Whelp has weaker effects but is much simpler to use, requiring less spiritual investment by its users.
Techniques: 5. Total MK: 260.

WHELP JUMP
Level 1
The most basic technique of Dragoons, this variant of Jump remains almost completely unmodified, but sacrifices some of the impact, in order to spare some spiritual energy. This technique allows its user to make an Automatic Transport movement of up to 10m followed by an Attack with a Base Damage Bonus of +25. This technique can only be used while wielding a lance.
Effects: +25Damage, 10m Automatic Transport, -2Ki.
Disadvantages: Generic Weapon Bond (Lance).
STR3 / DEX3 / POW3
MK: 25

BASIC GUARD
Level 1
A weaker version of Mighty Guard, Basic Guard not only is less taxing in terms of spiritual energy, but it can also be used when the life of the user is threatened at a lower degree compared to its complete version, the Mighty Guard. This technique grants its user a bonus of +10 to all Resistances, as well as a bonus of +25 to all Block Rolls performed in a turn. This technique can only be used while its user has no more than half his initial Life Points.
Effects: +10PhR (VR, DR), +10MR, +10PsR, +25Complete Block, -2Ki.
Disadvantages: Limit Condition (1/2 Life Points).
STR5 / DEX5 / POW5

MINOR LANCET
Level 2
Working exactly like Lancet, Minor Lancet is a bit less precise and has a reduced efficiency in draining opponents’ life energies. This technique allows its user to make an attack benefitting from a +50Attack Bonus. A target hit by this attack must pass a PhR checks against a difficulty of 140, or suffer a loss of Life Points equal to the failure level. Life points lost in this way are drained by the user of this technique. This technique has the Predetermined disadvantage. This technique can only be used while wielding a lance.
Effects: +50Attack, Supernatural State (PhR140, Life Drain, Attack), -4Ki.
Disadvantages: Generic Weapon Bond (Lance), Predetermined.
STR8 / DEX8 / POW8
MK: 65

WHELP BREATH
Level 2
Whelp Breath is thinner and lacks both the precision and power of Dragon Breath, but the resulting spiritual energy cost is greatly reduced and its far less physically taxing. This technique allows its user to make a Distance Attack affecting all individuals within a line 2m wide and 20m long, with a +25Attack bonus and a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus +25. This technique has the Predetermined disadvantage. In order to use this technique the user must spend 2 Fatigue Points in addition to accumulated ki.
Effects: +25Attack, +25 Damage, 20m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage, Line of Destruction), 1mArea Attack, -2Ki.
Disadvantages: -2Fatigues, Predetermined.
STR8 / DEX8 / POW8
MK: 40

HIGHWIND EXAMPLE
Level 3
Working exactly like Highwind Jump, Highwind example has reduced reach, precision, and damage output, but maintains the same powerful draining effect as its enhanced version, and is much simpler to master. The whole body of the user is surrounded by a dragon-shaped aura and the dragon seems to leap into the sky only to dive upon the opponent closing its mouth over it. This technique allows its user to make an Automatic Transport movement of 20m followed by an attack with a +50Attack Bonus, and a +25Base Damage Bonus. A target hit by this attack must pass a PhR checks against a difficulty of 180, or suffer a loss of Life Points equal to the failure level. Life points lost in this way are drained by the user of this technique. This technique can only be used while wielding a lance. In order to use this technique, the user must spend 6 Fatigue Points in addition to accumulated ki. The user of this technique cannot defend during the same turn this technique is used.
Effects: 20mAutomatic Transport, +50Attack, +25Damage, Supernatural State (PhR180, Life Drain, Attack), -3Ki.
Disadvantages: -6Fatigues, Generic Weapon Bond (Lance), No Defense.
STR18 / DEX18 / POW18
MK: 80

Making it any weaker would probably definitely ruin it, so I wouldn't go beyond this, but then again, let your friend see it like this and let her choose: again I'll see what I can do to help.

I was only relaying wgat the player said. If you ask me, the other tree is quite well balanced(especially with the advantage +2 accumulation to each stat when doing nothing else, if she picks it up)

Greetings Everyone, I've been visiting the Forums for sometime now and figured that I should share something with my first post.

Ladies and Gentelmen, I give you a Technique tree based on one of my favorite anime GaoGaiGar. If you haven't seen it and are a fan of super robots and hot blood, I suggest you give it a try.

Genesic Total MK: 730
This path grants the user the ability to use the powers of
Gaia's Protector, the Ultimate shape of Curage,
the Perfect God of Destruction, the Strongest King of Braves,
Genesic GaoGaiGar.

Straight Drill LV: 1 MK: 40
This ability quickly manifests the powers of Straight Gao,
allowing a counter attack regardless of your opponents
actions.
Straight Drill grants the ability to Recover an Action for a
Counter Attack at +75.
Pow 6 Dex 6 Will 5
Effects: Counter Attack ability +75, Quick Recovery
Type: Action ( Counter Attack )
Damage: Presence x2 + Power Bonus

Spiral Drill LV: 1 MK: 50
The powerful Spiral Gao comes to your assistance, providing
high damage and the possibility of stopping the enemy from
using supernatural abilities.
Spiral Drill gives a Damage Augmentation +75 ( Single ),
and Interruption Damage +40.
Pow 7 Str 6 Will 6
Effects: Damage Augmentation +75 ( Single ), Interruption
Damage +40 ( Ki, Magic, and Psyonics )
Type: Action ( Attack )

Gadget Feather LV: 2 MK: 85
The extending feathers of Gadget Gao appear behind you, breifly
causing a flash of green energy, before dissapearing. Granting the
ability to move at extreme speeds with incredable evasion.
Gadget Feather grants an Increased Movement of +2, +25 Dodge
( multiple ), and Initiative +50.
Pow 11 Dex 11 Agi 11
Effects: Movement Increase +2, +25 Dodge ( multiple ), and
+50 Initiative
Disadvantage: Predetermination
Type: Turn ( Sustained Minor )

Protect Shade LV: 2 MK: 100
A shield of golden energy, the signature of Protect Gao, defends
you from harm as you will it into exestance. A powerful energy
shield, that is easily controled, takes hits and regenerates.
Protect Shade grants the user an energy shield at 500 LP that
Regenerates at 100LP per turn, as well as +25 Block ( multiple ).
Pow 12 Str 12 Dex 12
Effects: Energy Shield 500LP + 100LP Regeneration per turn,
and +25 Block ( multiple )
Disadvantage: Predetermination
Type: Defense ( Sustained Minor )

Broken Magnum LV: 2 MK: 70
The standard “ go to” attack of the King of Braves, but now
Broken Gao lends its destructive technique to you. The spinning
fist travels far demolishing anything it touches.
Broken Magnum is a Long-Distance Attack of 1500 ft, leaving a
Trail of Destruction, and imposing -6 AT to all targets.
Pow 9 Str 9 Will 9
Effects: Long-Distance Attack ( 1500 ft ), Trail of Destruction,
and Armor Penetration ( -6 AT )
Type: Attack

Will Knife LV: 3 MK: 70
The first of Gadget Gao's three equipable armaments. The dagger
this arms you with is ultimatly sharp as long as the user's force of
will is strong. One swing of the knife can cause brutal wounds or
even death to the target.
Will Knife is a Physical Ki Weapon +20 with the following stats,
as a Dagger exept +20 Attack and Block, +40 speed, 70 Damage,
215 Presence, 18 Breakage, 50 Fort, and -4 to defender's AT.
It also has Critical Enhancement +50, and Auto Crit.
Pow 9 Str 9 Will 9
Effects: Physical Ki Weapon +20, Critical Enhancement +50,
and Auto Crit

Bolting Driver LV: 3 MK: 95
The Second of Gadget Gao's powers, the Bolting Driver is the tool
needed for Genesic Bolt, but can be used as a weapon if the situation
calls for it.
Bolting Driver is a Physical Ki Weapon +20 with the following stats,
as a Heavy Battle Mace exept +20 Attack and Block, +5 speed,
100 Damage, 215 Presence, 25 Breakage, 56 Fort, and -4 to defender's
AT. It also has Impact with a Strengh of 12.
Pow 8 (Maint. 3) Str 8 (Maint. 3) Will 8 (Maint. 3)
Effects: Physical Ki Weapon +20, and Impact Str 12
Type: Turn/Attack
Damage: Pesence x2 + Power Bonus

Genesic Bolt LV: 3 MK: 85
A peiricing roar fills the air, the Genesic Bolt forms on the Bolting Driver
and waves of golden energy emenate far and wide, obliterating your
enemies and leaving your allies untouched.
Genesic Bolt unleahes an Area Attack over 1,500 ft, at +75 Damage, attacking
on the energy table and allows targeting within the effected area.
Pow 9 Str 9 Will 9
Effects: Area Attack 1,500 ft w/targeting, Damage Augmentaion +75 ( Single )
and Supernatural Attack
Tpye: Attack
Disadvantages: Tied to Specific Weapon ( Bolting Driver ), Defensless, and
Maintaned Technique ( Bolting Driver )

Genesic Hell and Heaven LV: 3 MK: 135
This is the King of Braves mightiest attack, augmented by Gadget Gao's third and final abiliy.

Combining the powers of offense and deffense, a wave of Genesic energy traps the target,

then in a soulful dash forward you strike.
Genesic Hell and Heaven can trap any target, before rushing forth and delivering an attack that Ignores all defences.
Pow 15 Str 15 Will 15
Effects: Trapping 20 w/Spirit Trap, Long Distance Attack 300 ft w/Projection,
and Armor Penetration ( Ignores Armor )
Disadvantages: Exaustion (-4 Fatigue), Advanced Preperation (1 minute),
and Predetermination

welcome to the party, looking good there. tell mathiias and roarack i'm reading scott pilgrim now and i hate their rotten guts for getting me into it.

OK...I don't have the time to do all the math right now, but a few things quickly noticed:

2XPresence+PowBonusDamage can only be chosen for Distance OR Area Attacks, if I'm not mistaken.

If you have a Supernatural Shield, even if you buy +25Block (single) it will apply to ALL blocks made with the shield. So I wold rather take that than +25Block (multiple), spending less MK and Ki

On The other hand both the Crit Bonus (and AutoCrit) and the Impact Effect in Will Knife and Bolting Driver, only affect a single attack per turn.

As for Genesic Bolt, haiving both Maintained Technique (Bolting Driver) and Weapon Bond (Bolting Driver) disadvantage is a bit "rule-stretching" and personally I wouldn't allow it as a Master, but I guess it's just my opinion.

And isn't Will Knife Maintained/Sustained?

Otherwise, the techniques seem nice and well balanced (which I appreciate a lot). I appreciated the nice use of Sustainment you made here, too. The school is VERY HEAVY, though, for what concerns MK, so I guess only Technicians can ever access it. This of course isn't necessarily "a fault" of the path.

Ok, first thing I noticed on a closer look:

Try to pay the techniques using always the same characteristics. It's not a rule, but it's an advice which comes in handy while developing the character.

I'm rewriting the costs of your techniques assuming a Dex/Pow/Wil cost.

STRAIGHT DRILL: In my calculation it should be either Dex6/Pow5/Wil6 or Dex5/Pow6/Wil6 (I went for this one).

SPIRAL DRILL: either Dex9/Pow8/Wil8 (I went for this one to balance the previous choice), Dex8/Pow9/Wil8, or Dex8/Pow8/Wil9.

GADGET FEATHERS: Dex12/Pow12/Wil12, considering the -3Ki cost for reaching 85MK.

PROTECT SHADE: Considering the fact you buy +25 SINGLE Block, the MK cost amounts to 60 if you buy -1Ki to obtain DEX10/POW10/WIL10. Since the whole school is pretty "heavy" MK-wise, I'd not reccomend adding a -3Ki (for 9/9/9) rising the MK cost to 90...but it's up to you.

BROKEN MAGNUM: Dex9/Pow9/Wil9, but the cost goes up to 90MK (all the more reason to leave the previous technique as it is).

WILL KNIFE: I made this Maintained. 115MK for a cost of Dex13 (Mant.4) / Pow 13 (Mant.4) / Wil13 (Mant.4) that includes a -2Ki.

BOLTING DRIVER: 85MK for a cost of Dex10 (Mant.3) / Pow10 (Mant.3) / Wil10 (Mant.3) that includes a -2Ki.

GENESETIC BOLT: Considering -3Ki reduction and NO MK REDUCTION FOR WEAPON BOND, for 80MK the Ki cost is Dex10/Pow10/Wil10.

GENESETIC HELL AND HEAVEN: Sorry to tell you it doesn't exactly work as you want it to work, since the Trap effect works ON THE VERY SAME DISTANCE PROJECTION ATTACK. As it is now you dash to an enemy and trap it (dealing full damage, but unless you buy maintenance or sustenance to the trap, you can't use STR20 for following turns trap checks...I'd go for lesser sustenance which seems more "akin" to other techniques of Genesic...anyway 1 minute preparation?! Do you REALLY make fights lasting for 20 turns?! I'd rather go for Overcharge 20 turns...Including Lesser Sustenance (only to Trap Effect) the MK cost is 135 and the Ki cost is Dex25/Pow25/Wil25, which isn't even too high for a Level3 technique.

TOTAL MK: 740. Not that much of an increment.

I hope this feedback was useful. Thanks for this funny group of techniques and good work, anyway!

Preparation is the time you need to spend focusing between each use Elric. So Preparation 1 minute means he has to Meditate/prepare it for a minute beforebeing able to use it again.

I believe that in order to use a technique with 1 minute preparation you have to declare you're preparing it for 1 minute also before the FIRST use...which seems pretty bad to me in a combat situation. I'd rather prefer have the overcharge disadvantage. It leaves you "unarmed" for a while, but when you're using that technique you're probably aiming to end the fight anyway. But really, that's just personal liking. The two disadvantages give the same MK reduction (-10) so one can quietly build the technique with either. Mine was just a personal advice. Besides, if I'm mistaken about it, I can't understand how the 1 minute preparation grants the same MK as Overcharge...

preparation means you can use only once per encounter and cant reuse it until you prepare it out of combat. Overcharge means you can use the same technique again in the same encounter after te overchargr has cooled off.

Example: us tech in a fight, combat ends but because of the circumstances, you have to run for an hour. Withon that hour you have 3 encounters. your preparation technique cant be used in the 3 following encounters beause havent had time to prepare it, but overcharge has you able to use it again after cooldown.

Since it is written in Dominus Exxet that Cosmos misses a few techniques that were originally created by Markushias, I decided to design them and this is the product.

THE MISSING TECHNIQUES OF COSMOS:
A tightly kept secret, the following three techniques completed Markushias Cosmos tech tree. Nowadays only two masters know them. One of these is in Phaion and works for the Steiner family in Markishias. The other descends from an heir to Markushias techniques that moved to Baho (in Thirgu) at the time of attempted invasion by Shivat, in order to imitate the great Ascended himself in his defense of Phaion against Amaterasu No Mikoto’s attack. Both masters have not found a rightful heir yet, but will try their best to find one, so that the lore of the Ascended is not lost forever.
Techniques: 3 MK: 220.

STARSIGHT
Level 1
Another first level technique from Cosmos, Starsight allowed the Ascended to see and perceive all that was surrounding him under any circumstance. This technique grants its user the Radial Sight, See Supernatural, and Night Vision powers. This technique can be maintained through following turns. This technique requires a 1 minute preparation in order to be performed.
Effects: See Supernatural, Night Vision, Radial Sight, Maintained, -2Ki.
Disadvantages: Preparation (1 minute).
DEX9 (Mant.1) / AGI9 (Mant.2) / POW9 (Mant.2)

STAR STORM
Level 2
Manipulating the energies of Star Wind, Markushias managed to perform several low blinks that allowed him to ignore barrages of attacks for a brief time. This technique allows its user to make up to 11 penalty free Defense Rolls in a turn with a bonus of +75 to the Dodge Rolls that don’t allow any counterattack. This technique can only be used while the Star Wind technique is maintained.
Effects: +10Additional Defenses, +75Limited Dodge, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Level1 Maintained Technique (Star Wind).
DEX6 / AGI6 / POW6

STARFALL
Level 3
Another technique making use of the Space Gate, Starfall directs a single devastating shooting star attack against a specific target, inflicting certain death from some distance. This technique allows its user to make a Distance Attack with a range of 20m, a bonus of +150 to the Attack Roll, negating opponent’s AT, and Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power bonus, quantity which is tripled. This technique can only be used while the Space Gate technique is maintained. In order to use this technique the user must spend 6 Fatigue Points in addition to accumulated ki.
Effects: 20mDistance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage), +150Attack, Negates AT, 3XDamage, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Level1 Maintained Technique (Space Gate), -6Fatigues.
DEX23 / AGI23 / POW23
MK: 120

this is just awesome. i really like cosmos, and i have been looking for a better technique than supernova for some time (though astronamical impact from master of cotastrophes fits, this keeps the theme better.)

Hey, Elric, guys... it's been a while.

To be honest, I have a few questions regarding a few Ki schools that I would like to create, but I also wished to say that I am back for now.

Okay, for questions:

1. In terms of already developed techniques, are there already techs that deal with the Air element? If so, where are they? If not, well, could someone please help me out on making them?
  2. In terms of physical techs, are there any based around anything from the upper body with magnified strength, or is that not even done yet?
  3. What about from the lower body?
  4. Final question: What about techs that let you copy other techniques based on an element?

Thank you in advance if you guys can answer that... and if you ignore the accidental innuendo I noticed in questions 2 and 3.

Welcome Back Xamusel!

1) As for Air based techniques if you scroll a bit this thread I surely posted one. There is also Arashido in Dominus Exxet which is pretty much based on Air (at least as a concept). There are more...actually there are lots made in the Spanish forum, which I translated in English for personal use, but won't post here, because they ARE NOT my stuff.

2-3) As far as physical strength is concerned, Vitty's compendium of maneuvers, modules, martial arts, weapons, and techniques includes one called Juggernaut. Also Earth based techniques (like Di Quiu or my Toa's Throne) are usually based on physical strength more than anything else. Still, I'm unsure if there's any technique specifically interacting with upper or lower body. If I might give you an advice in developing one such technique: how about making a technique with Weapon Bonding with the Mars Impossible Weapon (Planetary Impossible Weapons created by Vitty) for the upper part and one with Weapon Bonding with Tù Impossible Weapon (Chinese Horoscope Impossible Weapons created by me). They are enormous battle gauntlets and battle greaves respectively, so techniques based on their use would definitely emphasize use of upper and lower body physical strength respectively.

4) Copying techniques is covered by a ki ability named "Techniques Imitation" and truth be told there's no "effect" that could help you doing something like this, except perhaps for reflect attack, and since basing an entire tech-tree on a single effect spammed for 5 technques (which isn't even possible since Reflect Attack is a Level2 or more effect) would be boring, even if allowed, I would simply exclude this possibility.

Of the ideas you posted, as you can easily see, I find that about physical use of upper or lower body the most interesting, especially if coupled with the use of the Impossible Weapons created by Vitty ad me.

Anyway, I'll be glad to help you however possible.

well, now that you mention it, as far as the upper and lower body stuff goes i was working on something like that, and i nearly forgot. have you ever heard of the anime "shadow skill"? it had two main martial styles, light skills and shadow skills (in my combat compendium i made two advanced martial arts based off of them, luminuse and shadus, respectively). i was also going to make accompanying techs to go along with them.

in shadow skill; light skills is a style based around boxing techniques and blocking using the upper body for defense and sheer brute force. and shadow skills are swift kick based arts using speed and the lower body, they are also assassination techniques.

i can hurry up and finish the tech trees based of them if you would like, i can have them ready in a few days.

phew, i meant to post these days ago, but some super crazy stuff held me up. but here you go while i have some free time.

light skills
--------

in an ancient empire that existed long before the war of rha, there were a class of warriors known as the vahl. these warriors fought with two sets of ki technique, one of them was known as "light skills" and they encompassed raw power and were used primarily with one’s fists. used by main forces and shock troopers these techniques are designed for brute force offense.

note: all of the following techniques (except shield) suffer the disadvantage of "tied to a weapon type", but unlike the usual weapon types the weapon type bound is any weapon one 'punches' with; examples are fist, gauntlet, cestus, katar, pata and the like.

-----

blade

the user focuses ki around their fist, forming swirling energy. the user then swings their weapon and the energy fires out like a giant sword striking a target many feet away.
MK 20 level 1

strength 5
power 4

effects: 30 foot long distance attack (single), +40 damage augmentation (single), energy damaging attack
disadvantages: tied to a weapon type (fists and punching weapons)

-----

sling

a complex and potent attack that pushes rookies to their limit. the user forms a vacuum around their arm and after delivering an attack immediately allows the vacuum to burst, unleashing a blast of charged air. the gust of air has the potential to send an opponent flying away from the attacker, but even if they manage to hold their ground they must still make a physical resistance check or take damage equal to their level of failure from the sheer force of the blast.
MK 50 level 1

power 7
strength 7

effects: phr 120 damage state, strength 12 impact
advantages: reduction of ki (-1 str)

-----

shield

a simple but potent defensive technique that involves channeling one’s energy outward into a solid shield of energy capable of blocking all types of attacks. this technique can be maintained and if it is it repairs itself each round to a degree.
MK 55 level 2

power 11 maint 4
strength 12 maint 3

effects: 800 life point energy shield with 250 point regeneration

-----

mace

a complex and flashy maneuver that grants one the ability to deliver a lightning quick flurry of blows that leave little opening for the defender.
MK 90 level 2

power 15
constitution 15

effects: +6 limited additional attacks with continuous attack
advantages: reduction of ki (-1 con, -1 pow)

-----

fray

one of the secret techniques of light skills and a taxing one indeed. drawing additional strength from the user's will to live, fray is at its most effective when the user is close to death. the user rides a rush of energy and charges into battle with horrifying speed and tenacity, striking harder and faster as death draws nearer.
MK 130 level 3

strength 22 maint 5
constitution 22 maint 4
power 22 maint 6

effects: +40 damage augmentation with limit damage, +125 initiative augmentation, +2 additional attacks
advantages: reduction of ki (-1 pow)

and the other one...

shadow skills
--------

in an ancient empire that existed long before the war of rha, there were a class of warriors known as the vahl. these warriors fought with two sets of ki technique, one of them was known as "shadow skills" and they encompassed subterfuge and assassination with one's legs as their only weapon. used by spies, assassins, and guerrilla tacticians with more priority over efficiency and precision over brute strength.

note: all of the following techniques (except shadow armor) suffer the disadvantage of "tied to a weapon type" but instead of usual weapons they are tied to martial arts.

-----

sword

an acrobatic maneuver that involves an flying kick with massive amounts of energy channeled into the users legs. a basic technique with a lot of utility.
MK 30 level 1

dexterity 5
willpower 5

effects: +50 attack ability (single), +40 damage augmentation (single)
advantages: reduction of ki (-1 wil)
disadvantages: tied to a weapon (martial arts)

-----

buzzsaw

like its namesake, this technique turns the user into a whirling blade. by exuding their will outward with a spinning kick they can strike many times in an instant. good for crowd control.
MK 35 level 1

power 4
dexterity 5

effects: 15 foot area attack (single), +1 additional attacks
advantages: reduction of ki (-1 dex)

-----

rapier

a potent and iconic attack of the shadow skill style. an advancement of the sword technique this ability focuses on weak points of the target and also uses controlled shockwaves to bypass some armor and hit the target directly.
MK 40 level 2

dexterity 11
willpower 6
power 7

effects: +50 attack ability (single), +40 damage augmentation (single), -75 aiming (single), -4 armor penetration

-----

shadow armor

not true armor, as it does not defend one from traditional attacks, instead this technique is a tool for stealth and assassination against supernatural foes. with sheer willpower the user focuses their mind and energy to protecting their thoughts and essence. making their thoughts difficult to read and offering protection against psychic abilities and even some spells.
MK 65 level 2

willpower 9 maint 3
dexterity 9 maint 3
power 9 maint 3

effects: +60 psychic resistance, +30 magic resistance
advantages: reduction of ki (-1 wil)

-----

black wing

one of the most secret techniques of the shadow skill discipline, designed to turn the tide of battle and topple fearsome foes. first the practitioner disappears in a blur, then a rapid assault of ghostly blows assault the opponent, but these attacks are fictitious and ephemeral, meant to distract the target from the true attack. once an opening is created the attacker sprouts wings on his back and on his leg and flies at incredible speed at the unsuspecting target, delivering a mighty blow. the most frightening aspect of this technique is that it can be executed even if one has already been put on the defensive and lost their actions.
MK 80 level 3

willpower 9
dexterity 9
power 9

effects: zen (440) difficulty camouflaged attack, +50 damage augmentation (single), quick recovery
advantages: reduction of ki (-1 dex, -1 pow)