New Techniques

By ElricOfMelnibone, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

Ah, Vitty...how long has it been...

First of all, here is a suggestion: instead of using Martial Arts as a weapon, I'd rather put the use of a SPECIFIC MARTIAL ART as requirement. If you choose fighting actively using (for instance) Base Shadus as a requirement I'd treat it as a -5MK disadvantage. If you set necessity for using Arcane Shadus, the MK reduction should increase to -10MK. I'd personally stick to Base Shadus for all techniques (including the Armor) except the Level3 technique, which should require Arcane Shadus.

Sword

I'd go for a final ki cost of Dex4/Pow4/Wil4, so that with Base stats at 10 on the three used characteristics, you require only 2 turns to pull it out.

Buzzsaw

Again, I'd go for final ki cost of Dex4/Pow4/Wil4.

Rapier

I'd rather add a -1Ki cost for a final ki cost of Dex9/Pow9/Wil9 and MK cost of 50.

Shadow Armor

Since I'd add the Shadus Martial Art requirement here too, the MK cost would drop to 60.

Black Wing

On my calculations, you can achieve Dex9/Pow9/Wil9 buying just -1Ki. Also, I'd use ARCANE Shadus Martial Art requirement for this one, so the final MK cost would be just 65 (which is just enough for a Level3 technique, anyway.

All in all, this school is very cheap both regarding MK and Ki, so I sincerely like it very much.

Be sure I'll be waiting for the Light Disciplines!

Very interesting. Good job on the techniques. Oh and elric, light disciplins are already up, before shadow skills.

You're right Rybras...but for some reason I didn't see them this morning. Tomorrow I will find time to look at them. Sorry!

At first glance it looks much heavier and more difficult to distribute costs equally between the three stats...but I really don't have time now, so I will check on it later.

OFF TOPIC: Reading again Shadus, I've come to the decision of addying it to the Martial Arts usable with Master version of Tù (Rabbit Impossible Weapon). Since now Mars Impossible Weapon has one less Arcane Martial Art accessible in its Master version, I'd add Tekken to it.

Dammit...I'm working on it now...

Ok, same as before. I chose to make an active use of Leminuse requirement for all techniques (-5MK) except for the last that requires Arcane Leminuse for a -10MK.

BLADE:

I added a -1Ki (MK30) to spend STR3/CON3/POW3.

SLING:

I used STR5/CON5/POW6 and the MK cost should be 45.

SHIELD:

I reduced the Regeneation to 100 per turn and obtained a ki cost of STR8(Mant.2)/CON8(Mant.2)/POW7(Mant.2), that balances the ki cost of Sling and brings the technique to a meager MK cost of 45 (since I added the Leminuse requirement).

MACE:

In order to balance this technique I had to add an effect based on Strength. I chose Major Seal (which is a very fluffy "Light Effect") on the first attack, working just wonderfully with the additional attacks. Since the technique costs 16STR like this, I don' think it's needed adding -2Ki...hence STR16/CON16/POW16 for an MK cost of 90 (because of the -5MK due to the requirement).

FRAY

Since I'm using a -10MK disadvantage my MK count is 115, prior to -1Ki deduction. Since I prefer even MK cost, I added in a -2Fatigue Disadvantage (reducing the cost to 110). Now, I also prefer Maintenance cost to be split evenly so...the result is STR22(Mant.5)/CON22(Mant.5)/POW21(Mant.5). I added a -2Ki obtaining a final MK cost of 130 and Ki cost of STR21(Mant.5)/CON21(Mant.5)/POW21(Mant.5)

I liked this one too a lot, Vitty! Very cool work!

ah yes, i do have some issues with assigning ki costs (my math skills stop dead at about 9 o'clock p.m.). and i was wondering just how to handle martial arts as weapon requirements, but your review looks good.

Bump because it's on 3rd page and here's an update :)

PS: i dont have DE with me so im using a spreadsheet i found for costs. problem is they didnt put in maintenance costs, so im going to leave the one technique that has maintenance in the hands of whoever can fix it :) , change as needed to fit in good costs.

now onto the tree!(im not sure if what i wanted to do will work the way i thought)

I felt like making a tech tree for the Virgo Impossible Weapon. Also, alot of the descriptions will be somewhat lame since they are basically just different songs. Enjoy.

Symphonic Unrest :

Symphonic Unrest is a collection of Musical Scores created by those who learned to fight their foes with instruments. Due to the large variation of these harmonic items, each song was made simple enough for any artist to play them on their favorite instrument. The effects of these songs have a strong sway on the body.

Techniques: 5 Cost: 250 MK

NOCTURNE OF ENFEEBLEMENT
This piece of music is so depressing that those hear it lose their will to do things and so they go on performing poorly to what they usually are capable.
Level: 1
Effects: Esoteric Effect(PhR 120, Major All Action Penalty)
Disadvantages: Generic Weapon bond(musical instruments)
5 Dex/5 Pow/5 Wil
Cost: 20 MK

DISCORDANT RHAPSODY
The disharmonic sounds of this Score is so dreadful that it actually pains people to hear it.
Effects: Esoteric Effect(PhR 120, Damage), +50 Attack
Disadvantages: Generic Weapon Bond(Musical Instruments)
6 Dex/6 Pow/6 Wil
Cost: 35 MK

***UNFINISHED***
ENDLESS WALTZ
The artist playing this song has their feet move about on their own as though they were dancing to a waltz, making their opponents have greater difficulty reaching their target.
Level: 2
Effects: Limited Dodge+100, Additional Defenses+2
Disadvantages: Generic Weapon Bond(Musical Instruments)
7 Dex/7 Pow/7 Wil (maintainable costs missing)
Cost: 45 MK

PRELUDE OF DISSONANCE
Every Symphony has an opening song, and so this Prelude is gentle but causes listeners to be more easily affected by any of the other songs of Symphonic Unrest.
Effects: Esoteric Effect(PhR 160 PhR Reduction), Area Attack 25m(target choice)
Disadvantages: Generic weapon bond(Musical Instruments), No Damage
9 Dex/9 Pow/9 Wil
Cost: 50 MK

REQUIEM FOR A DREAM
The Final Act of this symphony brings listeners into a deep dream-like sleep, giving them an opportunity to yearn for their wishes and dreams.
Level: 3
Effects: Esoteric Effect(PhR 180, Unconscious), Area Attack 25m(target choice), -1 ki
Disadvantages: Generic Weapon Bond(Musical Instruments), 1 minute Preparation, Overload 20 rounds
15 Dex /15 Pow /15 Wil
Cost: 100 MK

this right here is amazing, i was thinking of making a ki tech tree to go with, whats that one ars magnus, libra? virgo? you know the one. but this saves me the trouble, and i like your idea better anyway.

i'll fix that one tech for you tomorrow if elric doesn't get to it first.

Very well...looks like someone summoned me...

First thing, I love tech-trees based on Virgo. I have one in my collection called Stradivarius Magister (uses only Violins), that I don't post because, although I heavily modified it, the original concept is from something posted on the Spanish forum, so I don't own "paternity" over it.

Anyway, this one seems very well done.

Nocturne of Enfeeblement: PERFECT!!!

Discordant Rhapsody: This one is correct too, but you could also pay only 5/5/6 for it (5Dex for +50Attack, then 5+6 Pow+Wil for the esoteric effect). So I'd rather raise the MK cost of the technique to 45 and lower the Ki cost to 5/5/5. This makes so that both Level1 techniques can be used in a single turn with Accumulation5 on the three relevant stats, which is sweet. But, then again, personal liking.

Endless Waltz: Your calculated Ki cost seems a bit too low to me, you remember you must add the maintenance ki cost to the technique ki cost, right? Anyway look, maintenance here is 6+2=8, meaning unbalanced maintenance (3/3/2) on your only maintainable technique, which is uncool. Lucky enough, fixing is simple...take +3 Additional Defenses and the maintenance becomes 3/3/3, as for the MK and ki cost...MK goes to 50 and Ki cost to Dex9/Pow10/Wil11...I'd add a full -3Ki for a total of Dex9/Pow9/Wil9. The MK raises a lot (MK80), but this is the only defensive ability of the character, so better have it nice. If you still want the technique to have an odd MK cost (so that the total MK cost of the tech-tree amounts to an even value) add in there an odd disadvantage. It's not in Dominus, but I seldom allow defensive techniques to have the NO ATTACK disadvantage, meaning you cannot use the technique in a turn you attacked, for -15MK (it is specular to No Defense). Another option might be Energy Excess...it's Ki-straining, but the overall cost of the technique isn't too high, so it's a feasable option. Finally, another option might be -75All Action Penalty starting the moment you stop maintaining the technique, representing the physical strain of keeping this "mind-blowing" dance (a dance granting you 4 penalty free defences with +100 is pretty much unnatural, I guess). Anyway, if you use any of those, the MK cost of the technique drops to 65. Finally an option is having it cost Dex9(3)/Pow10(3)/Wil10(3) with the advantage that the MK cost drops to 45 (which is the original value) and you only have a VERY minor ki unbalance, which can be ignorated.

Prelude of Dissonance: This one's PERFECT!

Requiem for a Dream: This one is PERFECT too, but the ki cost can be 15/15/15 even without buying the -1Ki...hence the correct cost is 90MK as far as MK and Ki cost are concerned, but I have a little advice about it. The technique requires 1 minute preparation. Honestly, I believe that previous preparation is an "acceptable" disasvantage only for techniques that allow you to prepare them in a very tranquil place while the rest of the world is completely unaware of what you're doing. To be frank, I'd use it only for techniques with either extremely long range distance attack and/or extremely wide area effect (we're talking about Km range, nothing less). With this technique you have to survive for 20 full combat turns in the middle of your opponents before unleashing a technique that could require 3 turns to be used with a Accumulation value of 5 on relevant stats! I believe it doesn't work very well, that's all. I'd either remove it (100MK is still a low cost for Level3 techniques) or substitute it with something else. Predetermined would even lower the cost to 80MK, compensating a bit the MK increment caused by previous modifications, and is in line with the concept of "previous preparation". There's -4Fatigue, -50Life Points, Half Damage, that all grant you -10MK and are all "in game" better options of "1 minute preparation". But then again, this is an advice, your technique is doubtless correct as it is.

As a final comment: I really loved this one!

Haha looks like im getting better at this.

Discordant rhapsody: ok ill make the changes, works for me

Endless waltz: i had said that the maintenance costs werent included because i didnt have access to them. Thank you for fixing it.

Requiem for a dream: thanks for the feedback, i felt like something was off with this technique. Ill make the changes as soon as i get home

All in all, thank you for your time in fixing up my work again and happy you like it.

Hey, this is one of my first Technique trees I've worked on making. Any critiques or what not welcome. This is designed with the thoughts of being used for villains and bad guys.

Dark Flame
A dark style of Techniques that requires rigorous training and surrendering one’s soul to the Dark Flame itself. To master the style, the Martial Artist can only learn Techniques aligned with Fire and/or Darkness. If any other Elemental Technique is learned, the practitioner cannot master any Level 2 or higher Techniques. Only the most vile and darkest individuals have what it takes to learn these Techniques. They draw upon the Ki of an evil individual in order to enact. It is said that this art originated from Darkness Elementals known as Shadows, merging with humans in dark rituals in order to gain the power needed to fight The Church. This legend has given rise to the title of Shadow to its practitioners. All of these Techniques have the Elemental Binding Disadvantage with Fire and Darkness.
If Mantle of Darkness is active, the rest of the Techniques have a Ki discount on the activation cost. The discounted price will be placed in parenthesis after the base price. This cost discount does not apply to the Maintenance cost of other Techniques maintained.

Mantle of Darkness
The Shadow surrounds himself with an aura of shadowy flame. This mantle wisps about the practitioner allowing him to strike with the Dark Flame, causing Heat damage. The destructive nature of the Dark Flame imposes a -4 Armor Type penalty against its attacks. While maintaining this mantle, the Shadow multiplies his Final Damage score by 2. The Ki used each round to maintain this effect counts as a discount to the cost requirements to Activate any other Dark Flame Techniques (-3 STR, -3 WIL, -2 POW).
Required MK: 30 Level: 1
STR 9 Maint 3
WIL 7 Maint 3
POW 13 Maint 2
Effects -4 Armor Type, x2 Damage, Elemental Attack (Fire), Basis of Power, Maintained Technique
Requirements No Techniques, other than those of this Tree, may be activated while this Technique is in use.

Fire Claws
Using his darker intentions, the Shadow pulls forth his inner fire, focusing them through his hands to form long and dangerous shadow claws. These claws are unique, as they have three Attack Types that can be used, rather than only two. These Fire Claws have a base damage of 50, a speed of +25, +85 to Attack, +10 to Block, Heat/Cut/Thrust Attack Types, Fort. 32, Breakage 12, Presence 115, -2 A.T. to Defender of attacks.
Required MK : 25 Level: 1
STR 5 (2) Maint 1
AGI 5 Maint 3
DEX 5 Maint 3
WIL 5 (2) Maint 1
POW 2 (0) Maint 1
Effects +10 Quality Physical Ki Weapon (Claws), Elemental Attack (Fire), +75 to Attack, Maintained Technique

Invocation of Darkness
The Shadow invokes the Darkness within himself, and projects it onto his target and surrounding area. He rolls to attack as per normal, all he needs is to hit, this attack does no damage. Upon a successful hit on his target, up to 50 feet away, a 15-ft radius burst of darkness erupts into the area. Everyone within the area of darkness must make two Ph.R. checks of 120. If the targets fail the first check, they reduce their Ph.R. by a number equal to the amount they failed by. If the targets fail their second check, they suffer an All Action Penalty equal to the amount failed by. Penalties are recovered at a 5 point per hour rate.
Required MK: 20 Level: 1
WIL 9 (6)
POW 10 (8)
Effects Long-Distance Attack (50 ft.), Area Attack (15 ft), States (Ph.R. Reduction, All Action Penalty)(120), No Damage

Dark Strike
The Shadow summons up great strength of Darkness to exact one of numerous powerful strike options. He receives a +50 to Attack, -50 Penalty Reduction for Combat Maneuvers and Aiming, and +20 to the Breakage rating of his attack.
Required MK: 35 Level 1
STR 6 (3)
DEX 13
Effects +50 to Attack, +20 Breakage, -50 Penalty Reduction

Dark-Flame’s Hunger
The Shadow pulls the Darkness about himself to reinforce his body, preparing it to take a beating, and prepares to Absorb Hits coming at him, as the Flame wells up within that Darkness and prepares to strike at the Heart of his opponent. He divides his Block by two, subtracts any penalties, and then calculates a +150 bonus to Block. He may not declare Dodge as his Defense while using this Technique. If he gets hit he does not lose his action in that turn. He forgoes all Counterattacks in that turn, saving for the strike to his victim’s Heart. He gets one chance to pull this strike off. He performs the strike to his enemy’s Heart with a +150 bonus to Attack. If he hits, his base damage is increased by +150, then multiplied by 3. This damage is Heat Damage, as the Dark Flame bursts forth at the victim’s Heart. This Technique is Predetermined, and must be announced when its Ki Accumulation begins. If the Shadow ever learns a Technique that uses Elements other than Fire and/or Darkness, he forever loses the ability to use this Technique. Usually this Technique is only mastered by the most dedicated Shadows.
Required MK : 75 Level: 2
STR 20 (17)
AGI 10
DEX 19
CON 14
WIL 10 (7)
POW 20 (18)
Effects +150 to Block, +150 to Attack, -75 Precision Penalty, +150 to Damage, x3 Damage, Elemental Attack (Fire)
Requirements Can only block for Defense, Must perform attack as a Directed Attack (Heart), Must declare “Absorbing Hits”, Can only take the one Active Action to Attack.

Sword of Darkness
The Shadow concentrates his Dark Flame into a Katana of vile wickedness. This extension of inner darkness deals Energy damage, and has the following Stats:
Damage: 155
Speed: +15
Block: +15
Attack: +90
Req. STR: 5/6
Attack Type: Energy
Weapon Type: Sword
Special: One or Two-Handed
Fort: 41
Break: 18
Pres: 180
A.T.: -3

If the Shadow ever learns a Technique that uses Elements other than Fire and/or Darkness, he forever loses the ability to use this Technique.

Required MK: 40 Level: 2
STR 9 (6) Maint 3
DEX 10 Maint 6
POW 9 (7) Maint 4
Effects +15 Quality Physical Ki Weapon (Katana), +75 to Attack, +75 to Damage, Energy Attack, Maintained Technique

Swift Flame
The Shadow merges his body with the Dark Flame burning within him, becoming an intangible black fire capable of instantly erupting into existence anywhere within 3,000 feet of where he was. The Dark Flame is not slowed by jumping locations like this, and the Shadow is capable of taking 1 Active Action with no penalty as soon as he re-appears in the new location. If the Shadow ever learns a Technique that uses Elements other than Fire and/or Darkness, he forever loses the ability to use this Technique.
Required MK: 40 Level: 2
AGI 10
DEX 6
POW 3 (1)
Effects 3,000 ft Automatic Transportation, Intangibility, +1 Active Action

Dark-Flame Retaliation
Attacking a Shadow with this level of mastery in the arts of the Dark Flame can be extremely dangerous. As his Counterattack, the Shadow turns the attack he just defended against back against the attacker. The Shadow uses the Final Attack (including any bonuses) of the original attack with a +125 to Counterattack bonus. It retains all of the final scores for damage and any esoteric or supernatural effects of the original attack with only one difference, the attack deals Energy damage. If the Shadow ever learns a Technique that uses Elements other than Fire and/or Darkness, he forever loses the ability to use this Technique.
Required MK:
65 Level: 2
DEX 18
POW 18 (16)
Effects Attack Mirroring, Mirroring Esoteric Abilities, +125 to Counterattack, Energy Damaging Attack

Sacrifice to the Dark Flame
The Shadow summons forth the Dark Flame, and sacrifices some of his own health to appease this level of bringing forth the Dark Flame, so that it will accept the sacrifice of his target. He targets the intended sacrifice, he must be within 150 feet, and performs an Attack with a +175 to his attack. If he hits, the attack does no damage innately. The target must make a Ph.R. check of 240 plus double the LPs sacrificed by the Shadow. If this Ph.R. check is failed, the Dark Flame erupts up around the target and claims the victim’s life for the Dark Flame, killing him instantly. If the Shadow ever learns a Technique that uses Elements other than Fire and/or Darkness, he forever loses the ability to use this Technique.
Required MK: 155 Level: 3
STR 12 (9)
AGI 12
DEX 17
WIL 11 (8)
POW 17 (15)
Effects States (240 Ph.R., Death), +175 to Attack, Long Distance Attack (150 ft.) Double Vital Sacrifice.

Dark Flame Eruption
The Shadow opens his soul and body to the Dark Flame, and allows it to burst out about him, engulfing the surrounding area in its destructive hunger. The burst affects everything within 3,000 feet of the Shadow. Dark Flame Eruption does not use the weapon’s damage, but twice the character’s Base Presence plus his Power Bonus as Heat damage. The Shadow enjoys the favor of the Dark Flame during this dark summoning, granting him a +8 bonus to all Armor Types. The power of darkness pierces through the anyone elses protections, reducing their Armor Type by 8 points. There are legends of Shadow Masters using this to destroy villages and armies of their enemies, and wreak havoc on cities. If the Shadow ever learns a Technique that uses Elements other than Fire and/or Darkness, he forever loses the ability to use this Technique.
Required MK: 95 Level: 3
STR 13 (10)
CON 18
POW 16 (14)
Effects Area Attack (3,000 ft.), Elemental Attack (Fire), Armor Increase (+8), Armor Destruction (-8)

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Alright, that's that! I hope you all enjoy! Please! If you have suggestions or hints/tips on fine-tuning this or what-not, please, do share! Thank you very much!

*Edit 1: Took out the Japanese Characters/Names, since they posted as just ?'s.

Hello everyone, it took me a while going through this whole thread, but I finally managed to do it. Now I want to share some of my ideas too, although I sometimes tend to expand the rules a bit when something isn't realisable by the official set.

Here is one of my very first techniques, which I actually created 2 years ago, but is now reworked to fit the new Dominus Exxet rules and possibilities.

I had the idea after one episode of "avatar the last airbender" where sokka had to forge his own sword and realized just how many ways exist to do that and make it personal.

Musashi

Musashi internalizes the handling of classical eastern blades to a level which brings the user closer to a complete understanding of the weapons material, the craftsmenship and their underlying idea. Beyond the pure fighteraspect, users of Musashi learn to understand the thoughts and purpose behind their weapons making and that its destiny is allready set to a chosen path by simple things like choosing steel and working techniques. It is then when a advancing scholar of this style realizes, that he can invoke in his own blade the collected characteristics of all these different weapons he understood, even amplifying their original principles on a spiritual level.

Total MK : 385 or 375

The whole tree consist of very diverse effects, like damage and attack boni, which aren't easily combinable (Dex and Str, and expensive translation). Only the first two techniques exsist therefore for frequent battle use, while the rest is only made for specific situations or great battle turning. It aims for a diverse accumulation of DEX and AGI 2 in the beginning, and DEX, AGI 3 but WIL, STR and POW 2 later on. You can allways have more of course.

Norishige

Comprehending the idea of the small and short eastern blades - the tantos - on their most elevated level, can enable the fighter to summon this spirit into his own weapon. Norishige may - released in the right moment - end an opponent unexpected and quick.

MK: 25

AGI 6 DEX 5

Effects : +100 Initiative Augmentation, Maneuvers and Aiming -50

Disadvantages : Bound to eastern blade weapons (-5)

Best to use when you can expect and Initiative advantage for some reason and then harness the surprise bonus with this technique. Aimed for a zone, this could easily produce a critical, especially since you don't have to use a real tanto but could also nodachi your way through ;)

Yukimitsu

Yukimitsu finally familiarizes the user with the different sorts of steel and smithing techniques. The right choice of steel in combination with its corresponding promoting processing, does bring the possibility to choose the most fitting property for your cause. A fighter who fully internalized Yukimitsu obtains incredible adaptability with its blade in a fight.

Level : 1

MK : 30

AGI 5 DEX 5 STR 2

Effects : You have to choose one of the effects- + 50 Attack Ability, + 50 Block Ability, + 50 Damage Augmentation

Yukimitsu has greatest effect if you hold it allready charged and release the most suitable effect on opportunity.

- Choosing effects is not exactly canon, but I just had to have something like this in a tree like this. The rules go as this: You choose the most expensive effect of your selection and add half the MK and half the KI cost of any other option. The dominance of the most expensive effect ensures that you allways have to pay more than for a single effect, so you can't misuse it that way.

Still, rule stretching like this requires definite confirmation of the GM, or better the group. I would have fun with it, it is not realy unbalanced so far, so why not, but this doesn't appeal to everyone.

Muramasa

Lots of legends tell of the cursed blades and their unfortunate impact on the unwary user. Those proceeding in the mastery of the art of of the sword and Musashi may become able to see a sense even in the creation of those dangerous weapons. In pact with the unfathomable sides of swordforging, a user may sacrifice a part of his own health to experience a through other sorts of smithing unparalled increase of destructive power, that may slay even the most monstrous of his opponents.

Other than the previous more subtle techniques, this one actually visualises observable for everyone. The users veins pulsate and even emit pale light, while the blade bursts with dark red flames as the technique is prepared.

MK : 70

AGI 5 CON 3 DEX 6 STR 6 WIL 6

Effects : + 75 Attack Ability, + 25 Damage Augmentation (Double Vital Sacrifice)

Disadvantages : Exhaustion: - 4 Fatigue (-10), Bound to eastern blade weapons (-5)

This techniques cost actually display the problem to combine Attack Ability with Damage Augmentation. The solution for me was to aim for a generell 3 turn accumulation, so with STR 2 and WIL 2, the whole diversity doesn't matter anymore. As it sacrifices life points you don't really need it to be fast available (though 3 Turns is still pretty fast..), because you will most likely only use it once in a fight.

Masamune

The perfection of weaponsmithing yields weapons that are so perfidiously deadly that fighting itself may appear senseless. A fight with a weapon, whose simple touch can slice through bodys and end lives, may easily loose its state as an art of heightened conflict and become simple mindless slaughter. A fighter, who manages to internalize all facets and practices of swordsmithing, finally faces the big Why behind all this: The objective to hurt and kill.

It is after the user knows all these sinister trains of thoughts, that Masamune also reveals to him the idea to seek the true perfection in the responsibilty. Ensouled with the spirit and purpose of true swordsmanship, the user becomes able to inflict mortal or disabling wounds on his oppents through the mere touch of his weapon, as he canalizes his idea of battles nature through it.

MK : 80

DEX 12 POW 8 WIL 8 // - 1 Cost Alteration

Effects : + 40 Attack Ability, + 1 Additional Attack, + 50 Critical Enhancement (automatic critical)

Aimed for 4 Turn Accumulation and can easily end fights before they begin (automatic critical is just beastly when you ensure it hits).

Zanmato

Even the abilities of the most perfected craftsmen eventually find their limit on the barrier of reality, after which even the greatest skill may not produce a truly in their last detail flawless blade. Though that doesn't prevents the masters from simply dreaming of such a weapon...

Out of the yearning dreams of all mastersmiths of the world, manifests a perfect blade of such unearthly beauty, that its advent darkens the skies and expands the time. Even the fools and untaught will feel the unspeakable fantastic ideas manifesting in the unknown metal, how the steel becoming thought of masters chase each other and form impossible structures, and how every of its to infinity drawn ornaments reflect their limitless creativity ..and their desire.

A breeze of eternity blows through the clime and causes the weapons unsheathing for every attender to become a moment of delightful ecstasy.

Once the weapon is drawn, its summoner can release all of its to their highest imagined intention with a simple swing. The blades inner light begins to shine and spreads out like a cut through existence itself in front of the user. While passing, this light even severs the tenuous threads, that prevent lifeforms from returning to the river of souls.

Level : 3

MK : 180 (or 170)

AGI 18 DEX 30 POW 30 WIL 30 (or AGI 21 DEX 27 POW 27 WIL 27) // +2 Cost Alteration

Effects : Physical KI-Weapon +20, +150 Attack Ability, Area Attack 25m (but just a cone in front of the user), PhR against 200 facing first PhR-Penalty, Fascination and then Death

Disadvantages : Defenseless (-15), No Damage (-20), Condition: Unsheathe (-5)

The attack is permorfed in two turns. In the first turn in which it is summoned, the user will actually be unable to defend itself by any means, since the blade is allready summoned, but still sheathed and also all the concentration work. The technique could easily even get interrupted in this moment, if the user suffers to much damage, or by other means. The second turn only releases the attack after which the blade instantly disappears.

Designed for a dramatic 10 or 9 turn accumulation, given WIL and POW have been increased to 3 (which would be quite useful with the masamune technique too).

Yepp, this is Zanmato out of Final Fantasy 10. See it in a video for reference ;)

I allways found this attack deserved some special description, as it was the very first (and still is the only one) attack of every Rpg I played, that actually had a 100% Death effect on it. While nearly every Rpg has a spell or technique, that has a chance of death or something (but is never used because of this uncertainty), Zanmato could even kill the major bosses in one blow without any chance of counteraction or whatever. You only had to have enough money for it, which usually was alot, but still was easier to get than really training to beat all the optional overpowered black aeon opponents and the judge (I don't like to overharvest Rpgs like that).

The KI-Weapon and Fascination effects are just chosen for style and don't really add something useful to the technique. KI-Weapon still has to stay there, because it makes the technique independent of the "just eastern blades" disadvantage (and the weapon is clearly summoned), and that the mere existence of +20 weapon (which are godly unreachable and cannot be forged by mortal hands, as described in the rulebooks) brought me to think what such a weapon could actually be like if seen in reality. Zanmato!

The Fascination Effect can easily be taken out though. I wrote the alternate costs for that into brackets - it accelerates the technique accumulation approximately by one turn.

The Area Attack in form of a cone is still unmapped by the rules. I could have made something more similar with Distance Attack + Trail of Destruction + Smaller Area Attack, but it costs ridiculously more for a much smaller area of effect.

Thats it for now, but I will at least post one more technique later (I have to translate them into english, which takes alot of time with the descriptions).

Ok, first to Nochtal:

10 techniques is a bit too much, acually only technicians would be able to use such tree. Anyway, additional restrictions, like being evil and not learning other techniques seem quite "useless" to me, so I wouldn't consider them at all. Also, having a technique grant a ki discount to other techniques is out of question: such thing is far too broken in this system. I don't have the time to comment them one by one properly (sorry, really), so I'm just rewriting Dark Flame techniques as I would use them. As always, mine is just a suggestion.

MANTLE OF DARKNESS: Level 1

Effects: -4AT, x2 Damage, Combinable, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Elemental Binding (Darkness/Fire).
STR8 / POW8 / WIL8
MK: 45

FIRE CLAWS: Level 1

Effects: Physical Ki Weapon+10 (Claws), Elemental Attack (Fire), Maintained, -1Ki.
STR5 (Mant.1) / POW5 (Mant.1) / WIL5 (Mant.1)

INVOCATION OF DARKNESS: Level 2

Effects 50m Distance Attack, 5m Area Attack, Supernatural State (PhR120, PhR Reduction & All Action Penalty, Attack), -2Ki.
Disadvantages: Elemental Binding (Darkness/Fire), No Damage.
STR9 / POW9 / WIL9
MK: 50

DARK STRIKE: Level 2

Effects +50 Attack, +20 Breakage, -50 Aimed Attacks, Combinable, -2Ki.
STR8 / POW8 / WIL8
MK: 65

DARK FLAME'S HUNGER: Level 2

Effects: +100 Block, +100 Attack, +100 Damage, Combinable.
Disadvantages: Elemental Binding (Darkness/Fire), Combat Circumstance (Absorb Hit).
STR20 / POW20 / WIL20
MK: 95

SWORD OF DARKNESS: Level 2

Effects: Physical Ki Weapon +15 (Katana), +25 Real Damage, Energy Attack, Maintained Technique, -2Ki.
STR9 (Mant.2) / POW9 (Mant.2) / WIL9 (Mant.2)
MK: 70

SWIFT FLAME: Level 2

Effects: 1Km Automatic Transportation, Intangibility, +1Action, -1Ki.
STR8 / POW8 / WIL8

DARK FLAME REATALIATION: Level 2

Effects Mirror Attack (Esoteric Effects), +125 to Counterattack, -2Ki.
Disadvantage: Elemental Binding (Darkness/Fire).
STR12 / POW12 / WIL12
MK: 90

SACRIFICE TO THE DARK FLAME: Level 3

Effects: Supernatural State (PhR200, Death, Attack), +175 to Attack, 50m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage), +10Damage (Double Life Sacrifice), -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Elemental Binding (Darkness/Fire), -125All Action Penalty, -100Life Points.
STR33 / POW33 / WIL33
MK: 200

DARK FLAME ERUPTION: Level 3

Effects: AT8, 1Km Area Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage), Elemental Attack (Fire), -8AT, Combinable.
STR19 / POW19 / WIL19
MK: 145

This is the best I could do to fix it up. The final MK cost is 830, which is pretty high, but like this the tech-tree would be pretty much ok on my side...

Now let's get my hands on Musashi made by Rii Nagaja...

I believe using Dex/Agi/Con would be best for this tech-tree...lets see.

NORISHIGE: Level 1

Effects: +100 Initiative Augmentation, -50 Aimed Attacks, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Weapon Bound (Eastern-Tyle Blade Weapon).
AGI4 / DEX4 / CON4
MK: 35

YUKIMITSU: Level 1

Effects: +50Attack, +50Block, +50Damage, -1Ki.
AGI7 / DEX7 / CON7

MURAMASA: Level 2

Effects: + 75Attack, + 25Damage (Double Life Sacrifice).
Disadvantages: Weapon Bound (Eastern-Tyle Blade Weapon), -4 Fatigue.
AGI10 / DEX10 / CON10
MK: 60

MASAMUNE: Level 2

Effects: +40Attack Ability, +1Additional Attack, + 50Critical (Automatic), -1Ki.
DEX11 / AGI11 / CON11
MK: 80

ZANMATO: Level3

I would remove the "No Damage" thing here and the Death effect leaving it like this. I would allow the user to choose the summoned weapon the first time the technique is used, but the weapon must followingly remain always the same.

Effects: Physical Ki Weapon+20 (Eastern-Type Blade Weapon), +150Attack, 20m Distance Attack (Trail of Destruction), 1m Area Attack, Supernatural State (PhR200, PhR reduction & Fascination, Attack), -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Weapon Bound (Eastern-Tyle Blade Weapon), No Defense, Condition (Unsheathe).
DEX35 / AGI35 / CON35
MK: 170

Sorry, I think there was a big misunderstanding. I didn't want my techniques to be corrected or improved - as I said, these are about 2 years old allready and had plenty of time to get refined. I just wanted to post them here (the thread is named "New Techniques" after all, although it had grown to a helper thread).

Besides, I think I made it pretty clear, that everything has allready been thought through to the detail (there is an "aimed for x turn accumulation given 'these xy' accumulations" remark on nearly every technique, as well as an disclaimer in the beginning why the multiple attributes make sense), so I have to think Elric, that you didn't really read it. (this is amplified by your suggestion for Zanmato - I wrote so much explanation, why this is not only a but the death effect technique incarnation, even added a video to it.. and your tip is to remove the death effect? serio.gif You also reincluded the Distance Attack+Trail of Dextruction+Area Attack Combination which I clearly expelled.. with words..)

Though I would have agreed with focusing on just 3 attributes in alot of other opportunities - that was allways my goal before Dominus Exxet. But now, since the KI pools can be united, making calculation and bureaucracy alot easier, the total KI cost can become more important than a good balanced set. Before that, having not more than 3 attributes was wise, because you could focus all your bought KI Points on these three, and therefore never really encounter the situation, where you couldn't use some techniques anymore, because you ran out in just one attribute (that was a really annoying system).
But with a unified pool I think it settles down to just having to think through your techniques so that they match with your chosen KI Accumulation Multiples. For example, if you decided to have DEX and STR 3 and additionally POW and WIL 2 accumulation, you could easily create techniques, that have costs of DEX 9 and POW 6 for 3 Turn accumulation, or DEX 12 WIL 8 POW 8 for 4 Turn accumulation. If you can build your acc.-multiples and your techniques in good syncro, you can actually get alot cheaper techniques (you don't have to buy the expensive activators so often) and have a wider variety of effects (more core attributes unlock more effects). You will notice this impact strongest on the fast to use first level techniques, where buying more attribute space is pretty expensive in relation to the original cost.

For comparison I will analyse your classical and my original build of the tree:

Norishige
Elric: AGI 4 DEX 4 CON 4 - Total 12
Rii: AGI 6 DEX 5 - Total 11
This is very much the same. Yours is a 2 turn Technique after buying 3 multiples (one in every attribute), mine needs 4 (two in every), but that doesn't matter so much, since the additional accumulation is not wasted - you will need them for the others anyway.

Yukimitsu cannot be compared. As I said, I was using homebuild rules for a selection of effects. I think you just added all the costs, so it doesn't apply.

Muramasa
Elric: AGI 10 DEX 10 CON 10 - Total 30
Rii: AGI 5 DEX 6 CON 3 WIL 6 POW 6 - Total 26
I aimed for 3 turn accumulation, so you would need 9 multiples in your case to get that (getting every to 4), while mine theoretically only needs 4 (one in every of DEX,AGI,WIL and POW), but is 6 since i needed DEX and AGI to be 3 in previous techniques. Still you are saving alot. It may look chaotic having so much attributes for payment, but the big idea behind this is to make more efficient use of your natural accumulations of 1 you allready have in every attribute and saving total costs with the same trick. Just paying one more KI for example, let me distribute 2 of my points to constitution, so I could dampen the technique down to 3 turn use (CON 3 can be paid with the natural accumulation of 1).
Although I didn't want this once-per-battle technique to be any faster, .. If I would aim for that, I would have to increase CON, WIL and POW by one, making it 9 mutiples total, while the three attribute solution would have to do the same and get it to 12.
So I end up having to pay alot less CP for Multiples (getting it accumulated one turn faster for the same CP as with just three attributes), and I am saving total cost at the same time.

Masamune
Elric: DEX 11 AGI 11 CON 11 - Total 33
Rii: DEX 12 POW 8 WIL 8 - Total 28
Since we both had only three attributes in this, they don't really differ here. You need 6 multiples to get it to the 4 turn accumulation, while I need 4 (2 in DEX, 1 in every other). I am saving total KI points here since I don't have to force my technique into the static three attributes, which is better on long term, but what is hidden is that I actually also had to pay another 2 multiples for AGI, which I am not using in this technique. So I basically pay the same.
I just found an alternative making more efficient use of the bought multiples:
AGI 9 DEX 8 STR 3 POW 6 WIL 6 - Total 32
This is more expensive in KI, but uses all of the 6 bought multiples, and manages to accumulate in 3 turns allready, which is quite useful. I may even use that since STR 2 acc. is on the high level list to make Yukimitsu an amazing one turner, so I could possibly push Masamune up to 2 turns alot cheaper.

Zanmato for 170 MK (I know you made it totally different, so this is again not really comparable, but I will compare the overall effictivity {which is more a balancing issue of the rulebook - though I don't have anything against how it is now})
Elric: DEX 35 AGI 35 CON 35 - Total 105 -- A strong +150 Attack hit, that very likely causes fascination in an 20x2m area beam
Rii: AGI 21 DEX 27 POW 27 WIL 27 - Total 102 -- A non damage but precise +150 Attack, that very likely instant kills the targets in an area of 25²xPi m (/4 voluntarily, but even then still much bigger than just 40m²)

Aiming for 9 turn accumultion, you would need just 9 multiples, while I need 8, which is not really a notable difference at this advanced point. (Would have been the same with 10 turn accumulation and me reincluding the fascination effect). Raising everything to 4 (which is practical for the original Masamune) would make it 7 turns for 12 multiples, and that exactly matches what you get with 12 too.
But the rules make it like this, that even with very equal costs my original technique is much much more effective, spanning a much larger area and killing everything in it instead of just doing good damage and fascinating them.
And I don't mean that in a powergaming way or whatever. It is just, why would you downgrade a technique in this way, if the alteration doesn't even fit the original idea? I totally see why you would change a technique for aesthetic reasons (thats why there is a KI-Weapon+20 in it after all...), but why make it totally different for no gain, not even style at all?
I guess it was just a mistake made in rush, but still.

That all doesn't really apply of course, if you are not playing with the unified KI Pool rules. In that case three attributes are much smarter to use. With the pool however, having a bit of semichaotic distribution can actually have a big gain. And don't get me wrong, I know that urge to make things symmetrical, aestecially pleasant, or somehow appear very logical (like having one attribute again and again, because it is hinted in the descriptions / STR for example). I allways have to set the volume of TV's to an even number. gui%C3%B1o.gif Anime fight is hard buisness though, and here I see more beauty in the absolute energy efficiency than in objective number symmetry - but if I can combine both, I will allways do that.

So I state, with unified KI Pool, my original distribution was just perfect.
( gui%C3%B1o.gif gui%C3%B1o.gif )

Sorry guy, I didn't mean to offend! I just got carried away. But I definitely liked your techniques anyway. I will read the post with more attention next time!

Elric! Thank you very very much! I just recently got the system, and the technique tree isn't really being made for use per-say, just me working on getting a handle on the system and how to do it. Your notes and refinements are greatly appreciated, it will help me further analyse the system and its working. I recently got a copy of the Gamemaster's Toolkit, and the Dominus Exxet, which have also greatly changed the process of making techniques and trees.

After doing a few play testing trials I came to somewhat the same conclusion on the Ki discount thing.

I do have plans to make a full working tree based on the concept. I wasn't aiming for it to be evil only, in just derives from an evil entity, and the restriction wasn't meant to be just that tree, it was meant to be representative of a restriction though. I think I'll change it to restrict them from learning Light or Water aligned techniques.

For the dynamics of a game idea I had, it was a group who follows a powerful entity known as the Dark Flame, and the opposing group who follows the Shining Lake (Fire & Darkness; Light & Water; respectively).

I've also noticed that on the technique heavy trees, this leaves them at about 6 or 7 techniques, the average tree having 5 techniques. I plan to re-read through the Dominion Technique creation out of the Dominus Exxet before doing my first rewrite of the Technique tree. I plan on cutting it down so that the final rendition of it will be only 8 techniques.

Elric of Melniboné said:

Sorry guy, I didn't mean to offend! I just got carried away. But I definitely liked your techniques anyway. I will read the post with more attention next time!

Ok, I figured that might be it, since you still took so much time to recalculate anything.

Anyway, here is my second set of ancient but remodelled techniques. Three of the techniques alternate the rules a bit again, and were doing it even more before Dominus Exxet, which made alot possible that I only fantasized before. The set came to my mind after reading the Barakiel part in the rulebook, which I really loved for their enlightening description (together with Uriel and Edamiel). It basicaly copies the concept as a technique tree.
Sorry for the long post, but I like story intensive techniques. gran_risa.gif The imagination part is after all the main thing about it, and the anima system just delivers the workbench to render them.

Vollendung

Vollendung is a technique style for those who either dedicated themselves to the ideals of the Beryl Barakiel, or for another reason seek to achieve the highest goals. Their aspiration is nothing less than absolute perfection for that matter, which, apart from any form of the day, frame of mind or arbitreriness of destiny, allways follows a predictable almost mechanical order. Practitioners of Vollendung actively learn to develop their abilities in a direction, where the question of defeat or victory is not longer influenced by chance and random circumstances, but only by the validity of the more skilled one.
Proceeding in the mastery of Vollendung does however come with great personality changes, that may make the character using it calm and noble supreme at first, but may also peak in an obsessivley perfectionionistic type, who just allways finds possibilities to do things better and unrestingly critizises himself to the level of despair after many failed trials.

Total MK: 270

This technique trees paying plan was at its time as much refined for efficiency as its name ("perfection/completition") indicates. Any but the last technique make use of only 3 attributes (here DEX, AGI and POW), as it was most efficient before Dominus Exxet (and is still however with the right chosen effects), and the overall costs are dampenend down to maximum usability - so, fast accumulation. It is made especially for KI users that are not technicians but more the warrior and tao types, and spare your MK account (the first three "core"-techniques for this tree cost only 90 MK - close to the 80 MK minimum). Though the last technique is pretty high notch again and mustn't be seen as something you should have purchased, but more like a real longterm goal for the epic fighters last touch of refinement on its way to becoming a legend or something (on a test character {acrobatic warrior} with naturally more diverse MK spending for sidepowers, I needed to reach level 15 to get it...).
Oh, and, if Perception would be a KI attribut, this technique should have it. gui%C3%B1o.gif It is mainly skill in mind.

Perfect Strike

The beginning of the combative understanding of perfection starts with the ability to eliminate inner fears and outer distraction when needed. Meditating about the true reasons why one may fail one time but easily master the same task in a different environment next time, may bring the warrior to the conclusion, that only the minds inferior or unstable state hinders one of releasing his true potential at any time, since even the bodies form is most commonly just a consequence of the persons mental condition. At the moment of enlightening, when he finally comprehends this very first technique, he suddenly realizes that there was never a reason to falter to begin with, if he just concentrates enough and in the right way, shielding himself from any distraction.

MK : 25
AGI 5 (2M) DEX 5 (1M) POW 3 (1M)
Effects : Maintained, + 50 Attack Ability (Single), but operates as replacing your W100 dice on one attack with an automatic 100
Disadvantages : None

- Replacing the dice is of course bending of rules at its finest. But assuming the GM allows to replace the dice with the avarage result of 50.5 for a special technique like this, adding +50 to it would indeed represent that the character never go under his natural highest potential of +100. Since he is also eleminating the possitive possibilities that lack of concentration can bring (through surprising actions for example), this also erases open rolls (but fumbles too), which is statistically more a downside than a bonus in the anima system.

- This Technique, as well as the next two who form the core of the tree and could stand for themself, is very subtle in its nature. There is no real sign of supernatural activity to observe. The user just seems to have an impeccable mastery over his actions and his body, giving him somewhat of an aura of sovereignty, but nothing that couldn't be imagined in reality at all. Even those who can sense KI may only observe Powers flowing very systematically through his body in an accelerated way - But it appears more like the power is flowing as a natural consequence of the users concentration and usage of skill, than the other way around, that the power actually amplifies his body. The first three techniques are actually mainly mindwork that just feeds on the KI powers because a natural body could not provide that intensity in alert- and awareness, which is necessary for truely considering all the possible "If's" on the way to perfection in a situation.

Gapless Defense

A defense that contains errors is usually caused by emotional or other mental weaknesses. The user has to explore the whole variety of mental states that may diminish a defenders abilities, reaching from outside fear of the enemy, being impressed, up to by one's own success induced arrogance. Every one of these has special thinking techniques to counteract them, but the trickiest part is to find the underlaying principle and generate the general neutral uncaring, but responsive and worldbound state of mind, that many refer to as zen, to counteract them all. Finding that level of inner dissipation doesn't leave the disciples personality as it was of course.

MK : 25
AGI 5 (1M) DEX 5 (2M)
Effects : Maintained, + 50 Block or Dodge Ability (Single), but instead replaces the W100 with an automatic 100
Disadvantages : None of KI concerning matter

- Choose Block or Dodge when the technique is learned. Cannot be changed later.

Immaculate Shape

After the disciple learned the principles of the first two techniques, it is now up to using their purely mind based concentration practices and translate them so that the body may gain a real advantage. This is based on the observation, that very possitive or highly concentrated states of mind can generate a real impact on the bodys physical behaviour, captures the idea of discovering all the sources where that may come from, and learn to manipulate them in a functional way. Controlling ones own mind on such an elevated level may infuse the force of euphoria into the body at any chosen time, giving him otherwise rare reliable fitness and increasing the possibilities of the user to live out all the moves he needs to truely deliver a perfect performance.

Level : 2
MK : 40
AGI 5 (1M) DEX 3 (1M) POW 4 (2M)
Effects : Maintained, +1 Additional Action, + 2 Armor Augmentation, + 50 Initiative Augmentation, but instead replaces the W100 with an automatic 100
Disadvantages : None

Completeness of the Moment

On an elevated insight in the true nature of perfection, a fighter might finally realize, that determinism without coincidence would cause the events to happen in an unalterable way. Completely independent of time, true perfection would allways state a picture for eternity, being mere predictable mechanics. Deepening that knowledge and studying occurences of that phenomenon that the disciple may have experienced, can lead to a path where even greater grades of infallibility can be achieved, as he starts to predict all of his and his opponents actions like a chessmaster, to find the perfect pattern to overcome him with minimal effort. After getting all the necessary impressions {..accumulating enough KI..} to predict the next 3 seconds or so of the fight - even including all possible turnouts of the enemies insufficiency -, the user releases all that in a perfectly predicted combination of unspeakable superiority.
This technique finally reaches a level at which the perfection openly appears to be somewhat supernatural, although nothing physically implausible happens. It may however seem suspicious, that some of the strikes may sometimes be done while holding the weapon with just two fingers, and some blocks may only deliver half of the possible resistence, while the second half comes a second later with a another block while defending against two other attacks in between with an acrobatic stunt. ..Because, if that turns out to be the most effective way to release this flurry of weakness exploitation - utilizing all of the users skills.. it will be done.

Level : 2
MK : 50
AGI 12 DEX 12
Effects : You have to choose one of the effects: + 3 Additional Attacks or + 10 Additional Defenses
Disadvantages : Maintained Technique Level 1 (-5): Either "Perfect Strike" or "Gapless Defense" has to be maintained and you have to release the corresponding effect (defense or attack)

- I just had to make a technique in this tree to cost something with 12 KI, because twelve is just such a perfect number. It is dividable by 2,3,4 and 6, so you are reaching a new level of accumulation speed nearly every time you improve your statistics.

- This is using the 'choice of effects' rules again. Very unofficial.

Zen

Building up on the technicians last insights, a user of Vollendung may become able to raise his perfection to a level that really reaches up to something as ideal as divine doing and break the barrier to the true supernatural in the same process. Comprehending the concept of the times unnecessarity for a true perfect statement further, elevates the technician on a level where he becomes able to send his spirit in the sorroundings and perceive the amount of disorder, quite similar to the "Completeness of the Moment" technique, but with a whole place.
In a moment of sheer concentration, where time for the user literally stops, the fighter starts to internatlize his entire sourrounding in every imaginable and unimportant detail, to get an unalterable frozen impression of his current situation. Considering the enormous amount of mainly ridiculously pointless information accumulating inside the user - colors, ants in the grass, amount of salt on the air - , a gruelling psychic pressure starts to form and escaltes to intolarable levels, where a human would normally become insane. The user however mindful of his fantastic experiences, is finally capable to merge this moment of total consternation through the chaos into a bursting bubble of overall impression. This total, all and everything including perception of the situation, imparts on him with the one message: ..There is only one perfect way .
In the moment of enlightening the fighter suddenly opens his eyes, as all the knowledge and the teachings erupt out of him in an amount, that the pure symbolism causes the air to echo with a loud "Om" and the continuity of time breaks apart for the next seconds in the area. In those few seconds, that are predetermined into their last detail by the fighter, not even passing on the spontaneous emotional reactions of opponents, the user leaps forward with incredible speed and precision, handling everyone in hordes of enemies in a faultless manner ..- predicting every step and exploiting every weakness.

After this moment of divine ascension has passed, the fighter usually stands over the battlefield, having not even a single drop of blood on his blade, and watching his former opponents still falling to the ground.

Level : 3
MK: 115
AGI 18 DEX 18 POW 18 STR 6 WIL 6 // + 4 Cost Alteration
Effects : 100m Area Attack (Target Choice), +175 Initiative Augmentation, -100 Combat Maneuvers and Aiming, - 4 Armor Penetration, +40 Critical Enhancement, 100m Automatic Transportation, Perceptive Ability: Radial Vision
Disadvantages : Maintainend Technique Level 1 (-5): "Perfect Strike"
Moment of Melancholy (-5) : If the user wasn't naturally able to reach zen level difficulty, he usually only remembers vague impressions of what just happend and is left with a feeling that true perfection may never be obtainable. If he cannot overcome that depression, he suffers a - 30 All Action Penalty and is unable to accumulate for any technique of this tree until he succeeds in a Willpower Check against the difficulty of 15, that he can repeat every minute.

- The automatic transportation cannot be used as an attack movement, but only represents, that the user could be anywhere within the affected area after the technique ends.

- I had plenty points to spend on this technique, since I wanted it to come out as a big event and not possible of being accumulated every few turns or so. However, I couldn't make it any bigger without going over the description which shows just how easy it is to make totally highpowered area attacks in the system. Initiative had to be under the total limit of +200 because I can still imagine something more overwhelming - with true supernatural speed for example. In this case the advantage comes mostly through both, the amazing and impervious determinition of the victims actions, and the nimble type of low force movement, which the fighter uses to get around quickly. It still is no supernatural godspeed technique I mean, so there must be some space upwards left for me.

- And here is a famous video that resembles the last techniques feeling in alot of ways (mainly for the pistol block and the last shot):

The build for the accumulators has three+one 'grades of mastery':

1. Novice Level - Assuming you have not more than the first two techniques.
DEX 2 AGI 2 - Accumulationtime per Technique: 1 ) 3 Turns 2 ) 3 Turns /// 3 ) 4 Turns 4 ) 6 Turns 5 ) 18 Turns

2. Adept Level - Assuming you have not more than the first four techniques
DEX 3 AGI 3 POW 2 - Accumulation per Technique: 1 ) 2 Turns 2 ) 2 Turns 3 ) 2 Turns 4 ) 4 Turns /// 5 ) 9 Turns
- If you don't want your character spending so much on buying multiples, this level would be optimal for this tree. You can even utilize the last technique and get it to effective 6 Turn accumulation later by increasing POW just by one to 3 (the last ones cost were especially designed to fulfill that goal)

3. Master Level - Using anything, but may be too costly for normal characters
DEX 5 AGI 5 POW 4 - Accumulation per Technique: 1 ) 1 Turn 2 ) 1 Turn 3 ) 1 Turn 4 ) 3 Turns 5 ) 6 Turns
- Making the first three techniques to one turners does represent the total internalization of the techniques principles, and therefore achieving the goal of the absolute mastery of your minds and bodies circumstances. On this level you are literally unerring if you want to, so in game terms, you don't need to maintain a technique so much if they aren't needed every second round or so.
Getting additionally DEX 6 and AGI 6 would accelerate the fourth technique to its final goal of 2 Turn accumulation.

+1. Zen Leve l - Not really an efficient goal anymore and therefore doesn't really apply to the trees spirit, but is still in reach for technicians who want to spam out level 3 techniques
DEX 6 AGI 6 POW 6 STR 2 WIL 2 - Accumulation per Technique: 4 ) 2 Turns 5 ) 3 Turns

Hello, long time lurker and first time poster here. I recently caught the technique creating bug so I have a few trees to post here. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

This first one is based off this lovely comic: oi39.tinypic.com/34dhrwz.jpg

Muscle Wizard Total MK: 210
This school is named for the mercenary group who created it. They were a band of warriors who boasted their dominion over the human body and the extent of which they took martial training. These techniques are purposely simple, so it does not get in the way of other training therefore any able warrior can use a few of these without too much difficulty.
Traditionally, only the ‘manliest of manly men’ have been taught this school. But remember that these men are mercenaries, for the right price one might find a willing teacher.

Flex MK: 20 Level:1
By simply flexing his muscles, the fighter's overwhelming presence causes incoming attacks to miss in such a wide range that those nearby are unharmed as well.

Cost
DEX 3 (1maint)
CON 3 (1maint)
WP 3 (1maint)

Effects: Area Block 30ft, Maintained
Advantages: Reduction of Ki 1
Disadvantages: Elemental Binding (Fire, Earth)

Might MK: 35 Level: 1
This maneuver strikes fear in the hearts of the Muscle Wizard's enemies. After a successful defense and with a show of power, his hand forms into a solid fist and punches his target's weapon. This is a disarming attack with a modifier of +4 Strength to the check.

Cost
DEX 5
CON 5
WP 5

Effects: Counterattack Ability +75, Increased Bonus (Strength) +4
Advantages: Reduction of Ki 2

Endure MK: 40 Level: 2
Muscle Wizards are difficult to stay in prolonged combat with due to their ability to become stronger the more damage they take. Once per turn, the fighter may channel his energy into one decisive strike that boosts his base damage by +50. But for every additional Life Point he has lost (natural life, not from a supernatural source), he may further increase his damage by the same amount. Due to the concentration needed to pull off this maneuver, his fumble level is raised by 2 whenever executing the powered up attack.

Cost
DEX 6 (2maint)
CON 6 (2maint)
WP 6 (2maint)

Effects: Damage Augmentation (Single, Limited Damage) +50, Maintained
Disadvantages: Elemental Binding (Fire, Earth), Complex

Force MK: 40 Level: 2
With an amazing display of martial ability, the Muscle Wizard leaps in the air towards his enemy. He strikes a powerful blow as he lands, hitting everyone caught within a 30ft radius.

Cost Maintenance
DEX 7
CON 7
WP 7

Effects: Long-Distance Attack (Single, Projection) 150ft, Area Attack (Single) 30ft

Fist MK: 75 Level: 3
The ultimate technique of the Muscle Wizards. The fighter roars and smashes his fist (or weapon) into the ground. The massive strength transferred by the blow is enough to send anything flying away at maximum speed with no hope of recovery. His great skill makes sure that the impact ignores any of his allies who might be in the way.
His damage is tripled and the attack effect everyone within a 300ft radius, forcing them to make a check against Strength 18.

Cost
DEX 16
CON 16
WP 16

Effects: Damage Multiplier (Single) x3, Area Attack (Single, Target Choice) 300ft radius, Impact 18
Advantages: Increased Ki 2
Disadvantages: Elemental Binding (Fire, Earth), Predetermination

Welcome to the forum, VoidCabbage!

Since you asked for it (I was recently scolded for interferring when not asked to...), I'll give you my impressions. This school seems very good to me, and very funny on top of that. Since I'm noticing errors, I post it to you. Notice that making errors during tech-tree creations is very common and it still happens to me (who own a collection of over 130 tech-trees right now...), so don't get discouraged.

FLEX:

The base cost for the technique is 4/4/4 and not 3/3/3. In maintained techniques, you add the maintenance cost to the base cost as well as paying it for maintenance.

MIGHT:

This one's perfect too!

ENDURE:

This one has a cost of 60MK on my agenda. Could it be you forgot to add 20MK for being a maintained technique? Also its Ki cost is, according to my counts, DEX9 (Mant.2) / CON9 (Mant.2) / WIL9 (Mant.2), without need for a -1Ki adjustation, meaning the MK cost is 50.

FORCE:

The Ki cost I calculated is 6/6/6. I chose Area Attack as primary effect paying it with Constitution (3+3=6), then used Dexterity and Willpower to pay the Distance Attack+Projection as a secondary effect and applied the -1Ki Adjustement (6+2+1+4-1=12 = 6+6).

FIST:

I compliment you for making a less than 100MK very beautiful (or let me say, since it's most appropriate, Viewtiful) Level3 Technique.

All considered I really liked a lot your tech-tree and I'm eager to see your next creation!

Reading all these new techniques has made me want to create some too. I decided actually to adapt to Anima System the techniques employed by playable characters in Skies of Arcadia Legends (an old JRPG).

Here is the tech-tree for the leading character, Vyse:

DA CUTLASS:
Developed in Dwanholf, Da Cutlass is a technique school employed by a noble pirate of the past, who only attacked very rich merchants and military ships. The school employs both offensive and defensive techniques, although defensive techniques always grant some level of retribution. Two peculiarities of this technique are: defensive techniques are based on blocking, instead of dodging, which is uncommon for pirates, and higher level attack techniques strike with lightnings. Of course, all techniques are to be used with a pair of Cutlasses. This techniques are only taught to pirates that choose to follow the noble ideals of the founder pirate.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 410.

CATLASS FURY
Level 1
The pirate unleashes five furious attacks with the cutlasses, dealing the last one with incredible strength. This technique allows its user to make up to 5 penalty free Attacks, with a Base Damage bonus of +50 to the last one of them. This technique can only be used while fighting with a couple of cutlasses.
Effects: +50Damage, +4Additional Limited Attacks, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Common Weapon Bond (2XCutlass).
STR6 / DEX6 / CON6
MK: 40

COUNTERSTRIKE
Level 1
The pirate assumes a perfect defensive stance, that allows a perfect counterattack against the opponents. This technique allows its user to make up to 5 penalty free Defenses with a +50 Defense Bonus and, in case of a successful Defense, allows its user to make a Counterattack with a +75 Attack roll bonus. This technique can only be used while fighting with a couple of cutlasses.
Effects: +4Additional Defenses, +50Block, +75Counterattack.
STR8 / DEX8 / CON8

RAIN OF SWORDS
Level 2
The pirate jumps high and crossing his cutlasses concentrates electrical energy that is then unleashed as rain of cutlass-shaped thunder on enemies. This technique allows its user to make an Electricity Elemental Attack affecting all chosen targets within 25m of him, with a +40Attack Bonus. This technique can only be used while fighting with a couple of cutlasses.
Effects: 25m Area Attack (Target Choice), +40Attack, Elemental Attack (Air), -4Ki.
STR6 / DEX6 / CON6

SKULL SHIELD
Level 2
Skull Shield summons a giant cutlass-wielding Jolly Roger to protect the pirate’s companions as well as the user himself, and at the same time inflict quick retribution to the enemies. This technique allows its user to make up to 11 penalty free Blocks against attacks targeting anyone within 10m with a +50 bonus to the Block roll. In case of successful Defense, the attack is reflected against the offender with the same final attack score obtained by the attacker, plus the Counterattack bonus. This technique can only be used while fighting with a couple of cutlasses.
Effects: Reflect Attack, 10m Area Block, +10Additional Defenses, +50Block, -1Ki.
STR15 / DEX15 / CON15

PIRATE’SWRATH
Level 3
Once again the pirate summons upon his cutlasses a huge amount of electric energies that is projected against the enemy, while the pirate himself moves with it and finishes the enemy with two additional hyper-charged cutlass blows. This technique allows the user to make up to 3 Electric Elemental Distance Attacks using himself as a bullet, with a 20m Range, and +100 bonus to the Attack roll and Base Damage. The opponent cannot Counterattack until the whole attack sequence has been completed. This technique can only be used while fighting with a couple of cutlasses.
Effects: 20m Distance Attack (Projection), +3Additional Attacks (Continuous), Elemental Attack (Air), +100Attack, +100Damage, -1Ki.
STR26 / DEX26 / CON26
MK: 160

Here we have the second one, which is basically Aika's special moves.

ALPHA TO OMEGA:
Developed in Baho by the warrior caste, Alpha to Omega is pretty unique for it was designed to be used with an enormous boomerang. It was actually developed by one of the few female fighters to gain full respect within the warrior caste thanks to it. It’s characterized by the defenses which are specifically designed to stop magic and oppose other ki users and by fiery attacks that are designed to affect more opponents at once.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 320.

ALPHA STORM
Level 1
The warrior starts to rotate the boomerang, projecting fiery circles of fire that burn enemies within their path. This technique allows its user to make a Heat Elemental Distance Attack, affecting all individuals within a line of 50m, and with a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus. This technique can only be used while fighting with an enormous boomerang.
Effects: 50m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage, Line of Destruction).
Disadvantages: Generic Weapon Bond (Enormous Boomerang).
DEX5 / POW5 / WIL5
MK: 30

DELTA SHIELD
Level 1
The warrior summons a mystical shield that protects all allies from incoming magic. This technique allows its user to make a Block roll against any Magic Attack targeting anyone within 10m of him, with a bonus of +100 to the Block roll.
Effects: 10m Area Block, +100Block.
Disadvantages: Specific Defense (Magic).
DEX8 / POW8 / WIL8

LAMBDA BURST
Level 2
The boomerang held by the user turns into four flaming boomerangs that roll on the ground around the user turning it into a chessboard of fissures. Then fiery magma erupts from the fissures consuming all enemies caught within. This technique allows its user to make an Heat Elemental Attack affecting all chosen targets within 50m of him, with a +75Attack Bonus, and a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus. This technique can only be used while fighting with an enormous boomerang.
Effects: 50m Area Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage, Target Choice), +75Attack, Elemental Attack (Fire), -2Ki.
DEX8 / POW8 / WIL8
MK: 75

EPSILON MIRROR
Level 2
The body of the fighter is surrounded by a dodecahedron and becomes as if made by a pure silver mirror for a short while that absorbs incoming hits and energy associated with them. This technique allows its user to Defend as if employing a Supernatural Shield with1000 Resistance Points that on a successful Defense against an Attack Technique allows the user to absorb up to 25Ki points employed in using such Technique. This technique can only be used while fighting with an enormous boomerang.
Effects: 1000 Resistance Points Supernatural Shield, 25Ki Absorption, -2Ki.
DEX9 / POW9 / WIL9

OMEGA PSYCLONE
Level 3
With this final attack technique the user jumps in the air, while flaming copies of his boomerang ter the ground apart making it an inescapable magma lake. Then the warrior throws his boomerang at the enemy generating an enormous explosion that leaves friends unscratched. This technique allows the user to make an Heat Elemental Attack affecting all enemies within 100m of him with a bonus of +150 to the Attack roll and a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus +40. This technique can only be used while fighting with an enormous boomerang.
Effects: 100m Area Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage, Target Choice), +175Attack, +50Damage, Elemental Attack (Fire), -2Ki.
DEX17 / POW17 / WIL17
MK: 120

And here comes Fina. She's been tough, because she's a supporter/buffer type of character that in the anima system is far better represented with magic. Still, making a tech-tree to represent her abilities seemed very challenging so I made it. The result is still different from the original effects of the Game moves used by Fina, but still satisfying, offering the opportunity of making a definitely unconventional pure domine character.

LUNAR POWERS:
This group of techniques was developed by a rogue Michael priestess who despite her lack of fighting prowess learned to employ ki in order to support her friends. During her travels she developed this very unique group of techniques that can turn the tides of a battle in absolutely unpredictable ways. Since then, the technique has been taught only to very pure hearted individuals.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 480.

LUNAR GLYPH
Level 1
With a soft breath, the user projects seemingly lunar dust that attacks and stuns the opponent. This technique allows its user to make a Distance Attack with a Range of 5m, with a Predetermined Final Attack value of 240, and with a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus, quantity which is halved. A target hit by this Attack, ignoring Armor, must pass a PhR check against a difficulty of 120 or suffer an All Action Penalty equal to the damage suffered, that recovers at a rate of -5 per turn.
Effects: 5m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage), Predetermined Attack (240), Supernatural State (PhR120, Minor All Action Penalty, Physical Contact), -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Half Damage.
CON10 / POW10 / WIL10

LUNAR WINDS
Level 1
With an attack which is very similar to the one of Lunar Glyph, Lunar Winds is designed to nullify any mystical power the target is benefitting from. This technique allows its user to make a Distance Attack with a Range of 5m, with a Predetermined Final Attack value of 240, and with a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus. A target hit by this Attack must pass a PhR check against a difficulty equal to the Suffered Damage+60 or immediately interrupt any mystical effect maintained or sustained upon himself. Upon using this technique, the user loses an amount of ki points equal to those employed in using this technique.
Effects: 5m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage), Predetermined Attack (240), Interruption (Damage+60, Ki & Magic & Psychic).
Disadvantages: Energy Excess.
CON11 / POW11 / WIL11

LUNAR BLESSING
Level 2
The main defense of users of Lunar Powers, Lunar Blessing grants them with unbelievable resistance to punishment, that makes them almost immortal. This technique allows its user to defend as a Damage Accumulation being with 1200 additional Life Points, which are the first lost, if the character suffers any Damage, and a total AT of 8, which can never be negated or reduced below 6. This technique can be maintained through following turns and the additional Life Points pool regenerates 500Life Points each time the Maintenance cost is paid. This technique has the Predetermined disadvantage. In order to use this technique, the use must spend 4 Fatigue Points in addition to accumulated Ki.
Effects: 1200Life Points Damage Accumulation (Regeneration500), AT6 (Unmodified), Maintained, -2Ki.
Disadvantages: Predetermined, -4Fatigue.
CON20 (Mant.6) / POW20 (Mant.6) / WIL20 (Mant.6)
MK: 100

LUNAR CLEANSING
Level 2
A most unique use of ki, Lunar cleansing in an attack that actually targets any chosen one around, and although it inflicts no real damage on the targets, it completely removes any negative mystical effect they might be affected from. This technique allows its user to make an Attack affecting all chosen targets within 25m, with a Predetermined Attack Value of 320, inflicting no Damage. Targets hit by this technique must pass a PhR check against a difficulty equal to the Damage they would have suffered if the Base Damage of the attack was equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus +100, or immediately interrupt any mystical effect maintained or sustained upon themselves. This technique has the Predetermined disadvantage.
Effects: 25m Area Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage, Target Choice), Predetermined Attack (320), Interruption (Damage+100, Ki & Magic & Psychic), -2Ki.
Disadvantages: No Damage, Predetermined.
CON18 / POW18 / WIL18

LUNAR LIGHT
Level 3
The light of a silver moon shines directly upon the user of this technique that is blessed by a power that, even before anyone has the time to make a move, seeks all nearby enemies and drains their life and energy, giving it back to the user. This technique grants its user a +175 Initiative Bonus and allows its user to make an Attack affecting all chosen targets within 50m of him with a Predetermined Attack Value of 440, that inflicts no Damage. Targets hit by this attack, ignoring Armor, must pass three consecutive PhR checks. Those who fail the first check suffer a PhR reduction equal to their failure level. Those who fail the second check suffer a loss of Ki points equal to their failure level. Those who fail the third check suffer a loss of Life points equal to their failure level. Ki points and Life Points lost due to these checks are drained by the user of this technique.
Effects: 50m Area Attack (Target Choice), Predetermined Attack (440), +175Initiative, Supernatural State (PhR200, PhR Reduction & Ki Drain & Life Drain, Physical Contact).
Disadvantages: Predetermined, No Damage.
CON40 / POW40 / WIL40

Last of the bunch for now, Drachma's techniques. With him, as well as with Enrique and Gilder I have to improvise a bit and create a couple of techniques to complete the tech-trees, since in the game these three characters only have 3 special moves.

POWER OF THE FISHERMAN:
Power of the Fisherman was developed by a pretty old fisherman from Kanon that lost his son and right arm to a giant and monstrous whale and traveled hunting for it along with the crew of a noble Dwanholf pirate. The man had his right arm substituted by a technomagical prosthesis, including a chain-harpoon like device for shooting the enormous metal hand. Those who nowadays want to master the most advanced techniques of this school must find a way of substituting their arm with an appropriately similar prosthesis.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 440.

TACKLE
Level 1
Charging the ki power into the right arm, the user throws himself at the enemy in a furious charge that most times leaves nothing of it. This technique allows its user to make an Attack with a +40Attack Bonus and double Base Damage. The effects of this technique can be combined with those of other Combinable Techniques. This technique can only be used while making a Charge Attack.
Effects: +40Attack, 2XDamage, Combinable.
Disadvantages: Condition (Charge).
STR9 / CON9 / WIL9

SPIRIT CHARGE
Level 1
The user remains frozen in a perfect defensive stance that allows him to absorb energy of an incoming attack. This technique allows its user to make a Defense with a bonus of +90 to the Block roll, that on a successful Defense against an Attack Technique allows the user to absorb up to 10Ki points employed in using such Technique. The effects of this technique can be combined with those of other Combinable techniques. The user of this technique cannot Attack during the same turn he uses this technique.
Effects: +90Block, 10Ki Absorption, Combinable.
Disadvantages: No Attack.
STR9 / CON9 / WIL9

CHAIN SLAP
Level 2
By employing a chain-hand arm prosthesis, the user manages to strongly entwine a charged opponent and quickly slap it with the hand’s metal fingers, easily causing its demise. This technique allows its user to make a penalty free Trap Attack with an equivalent Strength of 16, followed by 2 additional penalty free Attacks. The trap effect can be maintained by paying this technique’s Maintenance cost and 2 additional penalty free Attacks can be made against the trapped opponent as long as the technique is maintained. The effects of this technique can be combined with those of other Combinable techniques. This technique can be used only while fighting using a chain-arm prosthesis.
Effects: Trap16, +2Additional Limited Attacks, Maintained Combinable.
Disadvantages: Generic Weapon Bond (Chain-Arm Prosthesis).
STR13 (Mant.3) / CON13 (Mant.3) / WIL13 (Mant.3)

SHIELD OF THE WOLF OF THE SEA
Level 2
Designed both to offer an all-round defensive capacity and to improve the effects of Spirit Charge, The Shield of The Wolf of The Sea surrounds the user with a self regenerating energy shield, that guards even against most unpredictable attacks. This technique allows its user to Defend as if using a Supernatural Shield with 800 Resistance Points and ignores penalties for Surprise to Defense. This technique can be maintained through following turns and the Supernatural Shield recovers 100 Resistance Points each time the maintenance cost is paid. The effects of this technique can be combined with those of other Combinable Techniques.
Effects: Complete Prevision, 800Resistance Points Supernatural Shield (Regeneration 100), Combinable, Maintained.
Disadvantages: -.
STR14 (Mant.3) / CON14 (Mant.3) / WIL14 (Mant.3)

HAND OF FATE
Level 3
When using Hand of Fate, the ki of the user manifests as a giant version of his prosthesis. The user then jumps and slams the enormous metal prosthesis on the opponent, instantly killing it, most of the times. This technique allows its user to make an attack with a bonus of +90 to the Attack roll and negating target’s AT. If the attack hits, the target must pass a PhR check against a difficulty of 200 or instantly die. This technique can be used only while fighting using a chain-arm prosthesis. This technique has the Predetermined disadvantage.
Effects: +90Attack, Negates AT, Supernatural State (PhR200, Death, Attack), -2Ki.
Disadvantages: Generic Weapon Bond (Chain-Arm Prosthesis), Predetermined.
STR28 / CON28 / WIL28
MK: 190

Gilder's one went much more smoothly than Drachma's one. I really like this one, because unlike most of my schools it's very light and almost anyone could make use of it. Now only Enrique's missing...

SUNSET GUNSLINGER:
This techniques were used by a capable gunslinger pirate of Dwanholf that traveled for a while with the crew of another noble pirate. Despite being pretty much honest, as far as pirates go, he was known to be a womanizer whose most famous sentence was: “Women are like sunsets. They’re beautiful…but tomorrow there will be a different one tomorrow!”. These techniques make use of pistols, turning them into incredibly powerful weapons and grants shelter from opponents’ supernatural powers. Only noble womanizer are allowed to learn these techniques nowadays.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 280.

GUNSLINGER
Level 1
The ki charges inside the bullets making them penetrate everything they meet in a straight line. This technique allows its user to make a Distance Attack affecting all individuals within a line 50m long. The effects of this technique can be combined with those of other Combinable techniques. This technique can only be used while fighting using a pair of mathlock pistols.
Effects: 50m Distance Attack (Line of Destruction), Combinable.
Disadvantages: Generic Weapon Bond (2XMathlock Pistols).
DEX6 / POW6 / WIL6

DANCE FOR ME
Level 1
Dance for Me generates a barrage of shots inside the user’s pistols, allowing him to shot the enemies repeatedly. This technique allows its user to make up to 4 penalty free Attacks per turn. The effects of this technique can be combined with those of other Combinable techniques. This technique can only be used while fighting using a pair of mathlock pistols.
Effects: +3Additional Attacks, Combinable.
DEX9 / CON9 / WIL9

AURA OF DENIAL
Level 2
Aura of Denial allows the user to see Magic and intercept it with an appositely designed shield. This technique allows its user to See Magic and defend as if using a Supernatural Shield with 1000 Resistance Points defending anyone within 10m of him against Magic Attacks.
Effects: See Magic, 1000Resistance Points Supernatural Shield, 10m Area Block, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Specialized Defense (Magic Only).
DEX10 / POW10 / WIL10

YOUR PRETTY LITTLE TRICKS WON’T WORK ON US
Level 2
Very similar to Aura of Denial, this technique grants perception and protection against psychic powers instead of magic. This technique allows its user to See Matrices and defend as if using a Supernatural Shield with 1000 Resistance Points defending anyone within 10m of him against Psychic Attacks.
Effects: See Matrices, 1000Resistance Points Supernatural Shield, 10m Area Block, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Specialized Defense (Psychic Only).
DEX10 / POW10 / WIL10

THE CLAUDIA
Level 3
When unleashing The Claudia, the user points and shoots the pistols at the sky, then he seems to fluctuate for an instant, before an immense galleon appears under his feet and begins a devastating broadside against all enemies within a wide range. This technique allows its user to make an Attack affecting all chosen targets within 500m of him, with tripled Base Damage. The effects of this technique can be combined with those of other Combinable Techniques. This technique can only be used while fighting using a pair of mathlock pistols.
Effects: Area Attack 500m (Target’s Choice), 3XDamage, Combinable.
DEX13 / POW13 / WIL13
MK: 115

And here is the last one, inspired to Enrique's Moves.

EL NOBLE ESTOQUE:
El Noble Estoque was created by a noble of Argos who somehow became part of the crew of a noble pirate of Dwanholf, and finally fell in love and married a noblewoman from Lennet, after facing opposition from both his family and hers. All techniques were designed to be executed using a rapier and despite the young Arges wasn’t that much of a fighter when he joined the crew, the development of this school made him indispensable for the group afterwards.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 380.

ROYAL BLADE
Level 1
A simple technique, Royal Blades quickens the user’s movements allowing a rapid sequence of slashes. This technique allows its user to make up to three penalty free attacks. This technique can only be used while fighting using a rapier.
Effects: +2Additional Limited Attacks, -2Ki.
Disadvantages: Generic Weapon Bond (Rapier).
DEX3 / AGI3 / WIL3

JUSTICE SHIELD
Level 1
An exceptional defensive technique, Justice Shield was designed with already in mind the idea of using it for defending the others. This technique allows its user to make up to 5 penalty free Defenses with a bonus of +90 to the Block roll. The effects of this technique can be combined with those of other combinable techniques. This technique can only be used while fighting using a rapier.
Effects: +4Additional Defenses, +90Block, Combinable.
DEX8 / AGI8 / WIL8

FACE MY BLADE
Level 2
Designed as a finishing blow after the quick slashes of Royal Blade, the blade of the user of Face My Blade flashes with light energy and cuts through the enemy with incredible power. This technique allows its user to make a Light Elemental Energy Attack with a bonus of +75 to the Attack roll and Base Damage. This technique can only be used while fighting using a rapier.
Effects: +90Attack, +75Damage, Energy Attack, Elemental Attack (Light), -1Ki.
DEX13 / AGI13 / WIL13
MK: 65

MY RIGHTEOUSNESS BE OUR SHIELD
Level 2
Completing de facto Justice Shield, My Righteousnes Be Our Shield extends its protection to nearby allies, granting protection against surprise and invisible attacks as well as attacks coming from any direction. This technique grants its user the Radial Sight and See Supernatural powers and allows him to make a Block against attacks affecting anyone within 10m, ignoring the Surprise penalty to the defense roll. This technique can only be used while fighting using a rapier.
Effects: See Supernatural, Radial Sight, Complete Prevision, 10m Area Block, Combinable.
DEX12 / AGI12 / WIL12

THE JUDGEMENT
Level 3
When using this technique, the area surrounding the user and his selected target appears as some kind of arena, then the user summons and directs with his rapier an energy dragon appearing in the sky that dives upon the opponent in a terrifying display of destructive power. This technique allows its user to make a Energy Distance Attack with a Range of 50m, with a bonus of +200 to the Attack roll and a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus, quantity which is multiplied by 4. This technique can only be used while fighting using a rapier.
Effects: 50m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage), +200Attack, 4XDamage, Energy Attack, -2Ki.
DEX22 / AGI22 / WIL22

It's always nice completing a project! That's definitely all for today, though!

Thank you for the feedback Elric, I looked over my maths again and you are correct. I seemed to have completely forgotten about maintenance which is why I shouldn't try to do math at 2 in the morning, heh.

I'll be posting more when I get home, school is back in session for me.

These days I'm really brewing like mad! Can anyone guess where these come from? More to come during the next days of course!

VANGUARD SWORD:
Taught within The Travelers mercenary company, designed by a young, but very capable lieutenant of Zebulos, Vanguard Sword is a group of techniques mostly used with heavy two-handed swords or similar weapons. Most of them are simple, yet very effective combat tools, while its final technique, Great Aether, is known as one the strongest techniques ever developed, perfected for the sole purpose of facing against the strongest non-human opponents.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 370.

COUNTER
Level 1
A precise defensive stance that allows a quick and devastating counterattack against the unfortunate enemy. This technique allows its user to make a Block with a +50 Block roll bonus, that if it is successful allows the user to make a Counterattack with a +50Attack roll bonus, in addition to any other Active Action the character has performed.
Effects: +50Counterattack, +50Block, +1Additional Limited Attack.
STR7 / DEX7 / WIL7

QUICK DRAW
Level 1
It’s unclear whether this technique was influenced by Meizo’s Way techniques or viceversa. Anyway, this technique consists in fast drawing the weapon while instantly moving through the opponent, striking it with exceptional precision and strength. This technique allows its user to make an Automatic Transport movement of up to 10m, followed by an Attack, ignoring the Unsheathe penalties, and benefitting from a bonus of +40 to the Attack roll and +25 to the Base Damage. This technique can only be performed while unsheathing the weapon.
Effects: -25Disarm, 10m Automatic Transport, +40Attack, +25Damage.
Disadvantages: Condition (Unsheathe).
STR7 / DEX7 / WIL7
MK: 20

AETHER
Level 2
Aether is the trademark technique of Vanguard sword and the base for developing Great Aether, it’s most powerful technique. By jumping over the opponent from some distance, the user unleashes a first attack with the full force of a charge, quickly followed by an ascending hit charged with ki, inflicting huge damage and transferring the life energy of the opponent to the user. This technique allows its user to make a charge Attack followed by a penalty free Attack with a bonus of +75 to the Attack roll. If the target is hit by this attack, he has to pass a PhR check against a difficulty of 160 or suffer a Life Points loss equal to the failure level. Life Points lost due to this check are drained by the user of this technique. This technique can only be used if the user is charging. In order to use this technique, the character has to spend 4 Fatigue Points in addition to accumulated ki.
Effects: +1Additional Limited Attack, +75Attack, Supernatural State (PhR160, Life Drain, Attack).
Disadvantages: Condition (Charge), -4Fatigue.
STR15 / DEX15 / WIL15

ERUPTION
Level 2
Designed to break through fortifications, Eruption unleashes a heavily ki charged blow on a single close-by enemy. The user of eruption may even choose to charge it with his very own life energy, in order to make it increasingly effective. If such attack hits the target, it’s very hard for it to withstand such blow. This technique allows its user to make an Attack negating up to 4 points of the opponent’s AT with tripled Base Damage +25, plus a quantity equal to twice the Life Points sacrificed by the user at the moment he uses this technique. This technique has the Predetermined disadvantage. When using this technique, the user loses an amount of Ki points equal to those accumulated for it.
Effects: +25Damage (Double Life Sacrifice), 3XDamage, -4AT.
Disadvantages: Predetermined, Energy Excess.
STR13 / DEX13 / WIL13

GREAT AETHER
Level 3
When using this perfected version of Aether, the warrior throws his ki-charged sword in a swirling arch at a nearby the opponent. The opponent is thrown midair, where the warrior reaches the sword and unleashes a terrifying sequence of blows finishing with a downward blow that completely smashes the opponent to the ground, transferring life energy to the user. This technique allows its user to make 10 penalty free Attacks, followed by a penalty free Attack with a bonus of +100 to the Attack roll. If the target is hit by this attack, he must pass two PhR checks against a difficulty of 200. If the target fails the first check, he suffers Life Points loss equal to the failure level. Life Points lost due to this check are drained by the user of this technique. If the target fails the second check, he suffers Damage equal to double the failure level. The opponent cannot Counterattack until this whole attack sequence has been completed. This technique has the Predetermined disadvantage. In order to use this technique, the user must spend 6 Fatigue points in addition to accumulated ki.
Effects: +10Additional Limited Attacks (Continuous), +100Attack, Supernatural State (PhR200, Life Drain & Double Damage, Attack).
Disadvantages: Predetermined, -6Fatigue.
STR36 / DEX36 / WIL36

THE RED PLUMBER:
Created by a mysterious hero from Remo dressed in red and named Mario, The Red Plumber is a group of interesting techniques mixing-up totally unpredictable effects. It has been taught to few adepts within these last years but it is believed that only the its original master still owns all of the five techniques.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 350.

FIREBALL
Level 1
As simple as it sounds, this technique forms a sphere of fire in the user’s right hand, which is thrown at the enemy. Odd enough, it usually bounces over the ground as if it were a real ball. This technique allows its user to make a Heat Elemental Distance Attack with a range of 50m and Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus.
Effects: 50m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage), Elemental Attack (Fire).
DEX4 / CON4 / POW4

SUPER JUMP PUNCH
Level 1
By jumping and inflicting an uppercut punch at the enemy while holding a bag of full of Gold Crowns, the user seems to form enormous gold coins that keep hitting the opponent while on air. This technique allows its user to make up to 6 penalty free Attacks. The opponent cannot Counterattack until the whole attack sequence is completed.
Effects: +5Additional Limited Attacks (Continuous).
Disadvantages: Requirement (Gold Crowns Bag).
DEX9 / CON10 / POW10

CAPE
Level 2
When using this technique, the user seems to materialize a cape that intercepts an enemy attack, bouncing it back against him. This technique allows its user to make a Dodge Roll with a bonus of +100Dodge. On a successful defense, the attack is reflected against the offender with a final attack value equal to that scored by the attacker plus the counterattack bonus. Any esoteric effect associated with the reflected attack is also reflected back to the offender.
Effects: +100Dodge, Reflect Attack (Esoteric Effects).
DEX13 / CON13 / POW13

F.L.U.D.D.
Level 2
A strange technique that seems to summon on the user’s back some strange Lost Loggia weapon. Odd enough, though, the weapon simply shoot a huge mass of water, that although does not inflict serious damage, is cold enough to freeze and strong enough to send all those within its path flying. This technique allows its user to make a Cold Elemental Distance Attack affecting all individuals within a line 100m long, with Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus, quantity which is halved, and inflicting an Impact with an equivalent Strength of 16. This technique has the Predetermined Disadvantage.
Effects: 100m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage, Line of Destruction), Impact16, Elemental Attack (Water), -2Ki.
Disadvantages: Predetermined, Half Damage.
DEX10 / CON10 / POW10

MARIO FINALE
Level 3
A devastating technique, especially if compared to other tricks in The Red Plumber, Mario Finale has been witnessed as used only by the great Mario himself. By uniting in front of him his hands, the user summons a giant stream of fireballs that catches and devastates everything in range. This technique allows its user to make a Heat Elemental Distance Attack against all individuals within a line 250m long and 20m wide, with a bonus of +150 to the Attack Roll and a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus, quantity which is doubled.
Effects: +150Attack, 2XDamage, 250m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage, Line of Destruction), 10m Area Attack, Elemental Attack (Fire), -1Ki.
DEX22 / CON22 / POW22
MK: 140

KING OF KONG:
Developed in Nanwe, King of Kong’s origins are pretty much unknown. Rakushian tribesmen tell that these techniques were actually created by a gorilla Adian of immense power who taught them to its master, who later taught it to a few disciples and so on. It relies on physical strength and agility as well as a strong will.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 430.

HEADBUTT
Level 1
One of the first two techniques of King of Kong, Headbutt allows the user to unleash a strong head-butt attack that seems to not damage the opponent, but pins it the opponent to the ground with incredible ease, making it an easy prey to the user’s other attacks. This technique allows its user to make an attack with a bonus of +75 to the Attack roll, reducing by -50 the penalties for a Take Down Maneuver, inflicting no Damage, and with a bonus of +4 to the Strength used in an opposed Take Down check.
Effects: +75Attack, -50Take Down, +4Strength, -2Ki.
Disadvantages: No Damage.
STR9 / AGI9 / WIL9

HAND SLAP
Level 1
The user begins to slap the ground with his bare hands emitting shockwaves that send everyone close enough flying. This technique allows its user to make an attack affecting all chosen targets within 5m of him, with a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus and dealing an Impact with an equivalent Strength of 12. This technique can only be used while touching the ground.
Effects: 5m Area Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage, Target Choice), Impact12, -2Ki.
Disadvantages: Determined Terrain (Touching Ground).
STR4 / AGI4 / WIL4

SPINNING KONG
Level 2
The user of this technique wide opens the arms with closed fists and starts to rotate at incredible speed covering a small distance and thrashing everything within its path. This technique allows its user to make Distance Attack using himself as a bullet, targeting all individuals within a line 20m long and 2m wide with a bonus of +90 to the Base Damage.
Effects: 20m Distance Attack (Projection, Line of Destruction), 1m Area Attack, +90Damage.
STR11 / AGI11 / WIL11

GIANT PUNCH
Level 2
When using this technique the user winds his arm and steam seems to appear around him. When the punch is finally released, it literally smashes the target and sends it flying pretty far away. This technique allows its user to make an attack with a bonus of +100 to the Attack roll and +150 to the Base Damage, and inflicting an Impact with an equivalent Strength of 16. This technique has the Predetermined Disadvantage.
Effects: +100Attack, +150Damage, Impact16, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Predetermined.
STR16 / AGI16 / WIL16
MK: 85

KONGA BEAT
Level 3
A very odd technique, Konga Beat summons two bongos in front of the user who starts to beat them with increasing rhythm. The soundwaves aim to all those surrounding the user, crushing them with deadly vibrations. This technique allows its user to make up to 4 penalty free Energy Attacks affecting all individuals within 25m of the user, with a bonus of +125 to the Attack Roll and a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus. Targets hit by this attack must pass a PhR check against a difficulty of 200 or suffer Damage equal to the failure level. This technique has the Predetermined disadvantage.
Effects: +125Attack, +3Additional Attacks, 25m Area Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage), Supernatural State (PhR200, Damage, Attack), Energy Attack, -1Ki.
STR33 / AGI33 / WIL33
MK: 180

COURAGE OF THE TRIFORCE:
Developed by a young Sylvain Hero of the past who’s said to reincarnate each time his people are in danger, Courage of The Triforce is a pretty strange technique tree, summoning various weapons that the hero can use to his best advantage in most disparate combat situations.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 390.

HERO’S BOW
Level 1
Creating a bow within his own hands, the user can shoot extremely powerful arrows at enemies. This technique generates a +10Quality Composite Bow made of ki, with unlimited ammunition of the same Quality. This technique can be maintained through following turns.
Effects: Physical Ki Weapon+10 (Projectile), Maintained.
DEX5 (Mant.1) / POW5 (Mant.1) / WIL5 (Mant.1)

GALE BOOMERANG
Level 1
When using this technique the user throws a boomerang made of ki surrounded by whirlwind. The boomerang soars the distance and its whirlwind traps everyone caught in its path, bringing it close to the fighter. This technique allows its user to make a Distance Attack affecting all individuals within a line 20m long, with a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus, quantity which is halved, and pulling hit targets toward the user, as if dealing them an Impact with an equivalent Strength of 12.
Effects: 20m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage, Line of Destruction), Impact12 (Pull), -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Half Damage.
DEX7 / POW7 / WIL7

BOMB
Level 2
Dangerous for the user himself, this technique generates a bomb made of ki which is thrown at short range and inflicts severe damage, ignoring protections. This technique allows its user to make Distance Attack with a Range of 10m, suffering from the Complex rule, affecting all individuals within 5m of the intended target, ignoring up to 6 points of the targets’ AT, with Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus, quantity which is doubled. This technique has the Predetermined disadvantage.
Effects: 10m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage), 5m Area Attack, 2XDamage, -6AT.
Disadvantages: Predetermined, Complex.
DEX11 / POW11 / WIL11

SPIN ATTACK
Level 2
Usable only while wielding a sword and a shield, Spin Attack turns the user into a blade whirlwind, while the shield protects against all directions. This technique grants its user the Radial Sight power and a bonus of 75 to all Block rolls and allows its user to make an attack affecting all individuals within 1m of him with a bonus of +90 to the attack roll. This technique can only be used while fighting with a sword and a shield.
Effects: +90Attack, 1m Area Attack, +75Complete Block, Radial Sight, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Generic Weapon Bond (Sword), Generic Weapon Bond (Shield).
DEX15 / POW15 / WIL15

TRIFORCE SLASH
Level 3
A lethal technique, Triforce Slash entraps the enemy in a strange symbol made of triangles (called Triforce). A second later, the user of this technique barrages the opponent with a sequence of lethal slashes. This technique allows its user to make up to 11 penalty free Attacks. If the target is hit by the first attack, he has to pass a PhR check against a difficulty of 200 or be affected from Total Paralysis for a number of turns equal to the failure level.
Effects: Supernatural State (PhR200, Total Paralysis, Attack), +10Additional Limited Attacks, -3Ki.
DEX26 / POW26 / WIL26

COMBAT DROID:
Tracing back to Solomon, Combat Droid is a variant of Solomon Legacy, making use of the nanomachines in a slightly different way. It uses them to generate powerful multi-functional armors around the user called Droids and unleash high powerful attacks against the enemies.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 450.

MISSILE DROID
Level 1
Summoning for a brief time an armored exoskeleton Droid, the user turns his arm into a cannon that shoots a self guiding missile at a chosen enemy. This technique allows its user to Defend as a Damage Accumulation being with 300 additional Life Points that are the first lost if the character suffers any Damage, and an AT of 4. Also this technique allows its user to make a Distance Attack with a Range of 50m with a Predetermined Final Attack value of 240 and a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus. This technique can only be used by characters with Ancient Blood.
Effects: Predetermined Attack (240), 50m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage), 300Life Points Damage Accumulation, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Requirement (Ancient Blood).
CON9 / POW9 / WIL9

BOMB DROID
Level 1
The user’s body is enveloped in a metal ball-shaped Droid that releases three exploding small bombs under itself causing dangerous explosions. This technique allows its user to Defend as a Damage Accumulation being with 300 additional Life Points that are the first lost if the character suffers any Damage, and an AT of 4. Also this technique allows its user to make up to 3 penalty free Attacks affecting all individuals within 1m of him, with a Predetermined Final Attack value of 240, and Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus. This technique can only be used by characters with Ancient Blood.
Effects: Predetermined Attack (240), 1m Area Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage), +2Additional Attacks, 300Life Points Damage Accumulation.
Disadvantages: Requirement (Ancient Blood).
CON13 / POW13 / WIL13

SCREW ATTACK DROID
Level 2
Similar to Bomb Droid, Screw Attack Droid turns the whole body of the user into a metal ball-shaped Droid which is electrified and throws itself at enemies with devastating effects. Unfortunately the electric field around the user’s body seems to disperse a lot of energy. This technique allows its user to Defend as a Damage Accumulation being with 1000 additional Life Points that are the first lost if the character suffers any Damage, and an AT of 4. Also this technique allows its user to make an Electric Elemental Attack with a Predetermined Final Attack value of 280 and a Base Damage of 100. This technique is automatically sustained for 5 turns without need for paying any maintenance cost, and the additional Life Points pool recovers 100Life Points at the beginning of each turn. This technique can only be used by characters with Ancient Blood. When using this technique, the character loses an amount of Ki points equal to those accumulated in order to use this technique.
Effects: 1000Life Points Damage Accumulation (Regeneration100), Predetermined Attack (280), Damage Substitution (100), Elemental Attack (Air), Lesser Sustainment.
Disadvantages: Requirement (Ancient Blood), Energy Excess.
CON29 / POW29 / WIL29

CHARGE SHOT DROID
Level 2
When using Charge Shot Droid, the body of the user is covered by a sturdy armored Droid that protects against most attacks as well as turning the arm of the user into a cannon shooting a powerful energy charge at the enemy. This technique allows its user to Defend as a Damage Accumulation being with 600 additional Life Points that are the first lost if the character suffers any Damage, and an AT of 4. Also this technique allows its user to make an Energy Distance Attack with a Range of 100m, a Predetermined Final Attack value of 240, and a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus. This technique is automatically sustained for 5 turns without need for paying any maintenance cost, and 100 Life Points from the additional pool are regenerated at the beginning of each turn the technique is sustained. The effects of this technique can be combined with those of other Combinable techniques. This technique can only be used by characters with Ancient Blood. This technique has the Predetermined disadvantage.
Effects: Predetermined Attack (240), 100m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage), Energy Attack, 600Life Points Damage Accumulation (Regeneration100), Lesser Sustainment, Combinable.
Disadvantages: Requirement (Ancient Blood), Predetermined.
CON24 / POW25 / WIL25

ZERO LASER
Level 3
A deadly technique that can be pulled out only while employing the Charge Shot Droid. The armor is further cuirassed for a brief instant, allowing the user to charge a devastating energy blast that can tear apart entire armies. Unfortunately the power release makes it impossible for the user to muster his energy for a brief time, leaving him unguarded. This technique grants its user an Unmodidied AT of 8 (which combined with Charge Shot Droid’s AT, grants a total AT of 10) and allows the Charge Shot Distance Attack to affect all individuals within a line 100m long and 20m wide, with a Predetermined Final Attack Value of 440 and doubled Base Damage. The effects of this technique can be combined with those of other combinable techniques. This technique can only be used by characters with Ancient Blood. After using this technique the user cannot accumulate Ki for 5 turns.
Effects: AT8 (Unmodified), Predetermined Attack 440, 5m Distance Attack (Line of Destruction), 10m Area Attack, 2XDamage, Combinable, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Requirement (Ancient Blood), Overcharge (5 turns).
CON30 / POW30 / WIL30

DINOEGG:
Created by a group of inhabitants of Itzi, Dinoegg grants the user with the powers of dinosaurs and, more often than expected, their sturdy eggs. It’s supposed by scholars that such attention toward the dinosaurs’ eggs might be related to an ancient tradition of these people of forging and using weapons with the shells of the hard eggs.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 420.

DINO STOMP
Level 1
A very base technique where the user jumps over the nearby opponent and smashes it with all the strength of a Dinosaur. This technique allows its user to make an attack with a bonus of +40 to the Attack roll and double Base Damage.
Effects: +40Attack, 2XDamage, -1Ki.
DEX5 / CON5 / WIL5

EGG THROW
Level 1
The user generates a big egg made of ki which is thrown in a flying arch toward the enemy. This technique allows its user to make an Indirect Distance Attack with a range of 20m and a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus.
Effects: Indirect Attack, 20m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage), -1Ki.
DEX4 / CON4 / WIL4

EGG LAY
Level 2
When using Egg Lay, the user sprouts a chameleon-like tongue to grab the opponent, pull it toward the user and trap it into an energy egg that will keep the enemy blocked for a certain time or until the individual manages to break free. This technique allows its user to make a penalty free Trap Distance Attack with a range of 10m, with no base Damage, an equivalent Strength of 16 and pulling the target toward the user, as it was dealt an Impact with an equivalent Strength of 16. The trap effect on the target is automatically sustained for 5 turns without need for spending any maintenance. In order to use this technique the user must spend 4 Fatigue Points in addition to accumulated ki.
Effects: 10m Distance Attack, Trap16, Impact16 (Pull), Lesser Sustainment (Trap Effect on Target), -2Ki.
Disadvantages: No Damage, -4Fatigue.
DEX15 / CON15 / WIL15

EGG ROLL
Level 2
Chasing himself into a giant Eggshape, the user of this technique begins to roll onward and backward over enemies within its range. This technique grants its user an AT of 4 and allows him to make a Distance Attack using himself as a bullet, affecting all individuals within a line 20m long, with a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus. This technique can be maintained through following turns.
Effects: AT4, 20m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage, Line of Destruction, Projection), Maintained.
DEX11 (Mant.2) / CON11 (Mant.2) / WIL11 (Mant.2)

SUPER DRAGON
Level 3
Although Dragons aren’t dinosaurs as of themselves, they are in Itzi’s culture. Hence this technique summons the feathered wings of dragons from the New World and allows the user to unleash a terrifying Fire Breath with incredible destructive power while moving at fazing speed and becoming a particularly difficult target. This technique grants its user a bonus of +100 to all Dodge rolls, and allows him to make a 50m Automatic Transport Movement followed by a Heat Elemental Distance Attack affecting all individuals within a line 10m long, with a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus. The technique is automatically sustained for 5 turns without need for spending any maintenance cost. This technique has the Predetermined disadvantage.
Effects: +100Complete Dodge, 50m Automatic Transport, Elemental Attack (Fire), 10m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage, Line of Destruction), Lesser Sustainment.
DEX37 / CON37 / WIL37

DREAMLAND:
Dreamland was originated in the Wake, but unlike most products of the other world, it was designed by an inhabitant of an area intensely charged with positive energy and feelings. It was later taught in dreams to heroes that were considered noble and good enough by the powerful entity that mastered it for the first time. It’s effects are somewhat crazy and its masters, called Dreamlander, are hardly taken seriously by their opponents, especially since they most often display no martial ability at all.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 460.

INHALE
Level 1
The user opens wide his mouth and creates a strong wind that sucks attacks directed toward the user, making them ineffective, as if he were somehow able to eat them. This technique allows its user to make up to 4 penalty free defenses per turn with a Predetermined Final Defense value of 240. This technique can be maintained through following turns.
Effects: +3Additional Defenses, Predetermined Defense (240), Maintained.
Disadvantages: Elemental Bond (Earth/Light).
AGI8 (Mant.3) / CON8 (Mant.3) / WIL8 (Mant.3)

FINAL CUTTER
Level 1
The user jumps and smashes the ground with a cutter made of ki that releases a shockwave cutting through enemies. This technique allows its user to make a Distance Attack affecting all individuals within a line 5m long, with a Predetermined Final Attack Value of 240, with Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus +40.
Effects: +40Damage, 5m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage, Line of Destruction), Predetermined Attack (240).
AGI12 / CON11 / WIL12

HAMMER
Level 2
Creating a giant hammer, the Dreamlander unleashes a devastating smashing attack against the opponent, which is most often sent flying. This technique allows its user to make an attack with a Predetermined Final Attack value of 320, a Base Damage of 180, inflicting an Impact with an equivalent Strength of 16.
Effects: Predetermined Attack (320), Damage Substitution (180), Impact16, -2Ki.
AGI16 / CON16 / WIL16

STONE
Level 2
An incredibly powerful defensive technique, Stone turns its user into…a stone, with eyes, mouth, and arms if needed. In this state, the Dreamlander is quite impervious to all and any attack. This technique allows its user to Defend as a Damage Accumulation Being with 1000 additional Life Points, that are the first lost in case the character suffers any damage and an AT of 4, employing a Supernatural Shield with 500 Resistance Points and a Predetermined Final Defense value of 320. This technique can be maintained through following turns and the additional Life Points pool regenerates 250 Life Points each time the maintenance cost is paid, and the Supernatural Shield regenerates 500 Resistance Points each time the maintenance cost is paid. This technique has the Predetermined disadvantage.
Effects: 1000Life Points Damage Accumulation (Regeneration250), 500Resistance Points Supernatural Shield (Regeneration500), Predetermined Defense (320), Maintained.
Disadvantages: Elemental Bond (Earth/Light), Predetermined.
AGI29 (Mant.9) / CON30 (Mant.9) / WIL29 (Mant.9)

DREAMLAND COOK
Level 3
As crazy as it might appear, Dreamland Cook is a devastatingly powerful technique. A chef-hut appears over the head of the Dreamlander and a giant pot takes place in front of him. Enemies are drawn to it by an unstoppable force and cooked to death. After stopping cooking, though, the user of this technique is exhausted and will need some time to recover. This technique allows its user to make a penalty free Energy Trap Attack affecting all chosen targets within a 50m of him, with a Prederermined Final Attack value of 440, a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus, an equivalent Strength of 20, and attracting hit targets toward the user as if dealing them an Impact with an equivalent Strength of 20. The targets must use their Power characteristic to resist the Trap Effect. Targets hit by this attack must pass a PhR check against a difficulty of 200 or suffer Damage equal to double their failure level. The trap effect on the targets can be maintained through following turns and trapped targets must pass again the PhR check each time they fail the break free from the Trap. In order to use this technique, the user has to Sacrifice all his remaining Life Points in addition to spend accumulated Ki. After interrupting maintenance of this technique, the user suffers a -150All Action Penalty, which recovers at a rate of -5 per turn.
Effects: 50m Area Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage, Target Choice), Predetermined Attack (440), Impact20 (Pull), Trap20 (Existential), Supernatural State (PhR200, Double Damage, Attack), Energy Attack, Maintained (Trap Effect and Supernatural State on Targets).
Disadvantages: Elemental Bond (Earth/Light), Complete Life Sacrifice, -150All Action Penalty.
AGI53 (Mant.7) / CON53 (Mant.7) / WIL53 (Mant.7)

VULPES SIDEREA:
Used by high commanders of Solomon Legions (called Bellum Vulpes), Vulpes Siderea is another high-tech-looking group of techniques. Since it wasn’t meant to be used by senators, it can be learned by anyone, regardless of having Ancient Blood, so it’s probably Solomon most known technique nowadays, after Gunhell, although it’s much more difficult to master.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 500.

DIRUMPTOR
Level 1
Similar to Gunhell it summons a weapon for the user, which is a strange pistol designed to shoot very fast energy bullets against the enemies. Unfortunately the concentration required for summoning such tool, leaves the user unguarded for a short while. This technique allows its user to make up to 4 penalty free defenses per turn with a Predetermined Final Defense value of 240. This technique can be maintained through following turns. This technique generates a +10Quality Solomon Pistol made of Ki with unlimited shots, using Energy as its primary Attack Type and capable of making up to 3 penalty free Attacks per turn. This technique can be maintained through following turns. The user of this technique cannot defend during the same turn he first uses this technique.
Effects: +10Physical Ki Weapon (Projectile), +2Additional Limited Attacks, Energy Attack, Maintained, -2Ki.
Disadvantages: No Defense.
DEX10 (Mant.2) / CON10 (Mant.2) / POW10 (Mant.2)

VULPES IMAGO
Level 1
Used to surprise enemies as well as getting out of harm’s way, Vulpes Illusion makes its user disappear and move with blinking speed to another position, leaving behind a trail of residual images. This technique grants its user a bonus of +100 to Initiative and allows him to make an Automatic Transport movement of up to 50m.
Effects: +100Initiative, 50m Automatic Transport, -1Ki.
DEX5 / CON5 / POW5

VULPES IGNIS
Level 2
Accumulating ki upon his legs for a short while and bursting in a halo of flame, the user shoots himself among the enemies, leaving a trail of death. This technique allows its user to make a Heat Elemental Distance Attack using himself as a bullet, affecting all individuals within a line 20m Long, with a bonus of +90Attack and a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus +40. This technique has the Predetermined disadvantage. In order to use this technique the user has to Sacrifice 50 Life Points in addition to spend accumulated Ki.
Effects: 20m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage, Line of Destruction, Projection), +90Attack, +40Damage, Elemental Attack (Fire), -5Ki.
Disadvantages: Predetermined, -50Life Points.
DEX12 / CON12 / POW12

REPERCUTOR
Level 2
Repercutor is a powerful defensive technique summoning a polygonal energy shield that bounces back attacks sustained to offenders. This technique allows its user to Defend as if employing a Supernatural Shield with 800 Resistance Points that on a successful defense reflects any attack against the offender with a Final Attack value equal to that scored by the attacker plus the Counterattack Bonus. Esoteric Effects associated with reflected attacks are reflected against the offender as well. This technique can be maintained through following turns and the Supernatural Shield regenerates 100 Resistance Points each time the Maintenance cost is paid. In order to use this technique the user has to spend 4 Fatigue Points in addition to accumulated Ki.
Effects: 800Resistance Points Supernatural Shield (Regeneration100), Reflect Attack (Esoteric Effects), Maintained, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: -4Fatigue.
DEX17 (Mant.5) / CON17 (Mant.5) / POW17 (Mant.5)

TERRA DOMINUS
Level 3
Summoning an immense Lost Logia fighting machine, the user of Terra Dominus becomes a real terror on the battlefield with an immense cannon dealing highly destructive blasts and an almost unbreakable structure. This technique allows its user to defend as a Damage Accumulation Being with 1500 additional Life Points that are the first lost if he suffers Damage and a total AT of 10. Also this technique allows its user to make a Distance Attack with a Range of 250m, affecting all individuals within 5m of the original target, with a bonus of +25 to the Attack roll and a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus +25. This technique is automatically sustained for 5 turns without need for paying any maintenance cost and the additional Life Points pool regenerates 500 Life Points at the beginning of each turn the technique is sustained.
Effects: 1500Life Points Damage Accumulation (Regeneration500), AT8, 250m Distance Attack, 5m Area Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage), +25Attack, +25Damage, Lesser Sustainment.
DEX43 / CON43 / POW43

Continuing the previous sequence, a couple more...still many to come:

PIKA THUNDERS:
Created by Thunder Elemental Kamis from Varja and later taught to mortals, Pika Thunder is a majestically powerful fighting technique, combining the powers of Air and Light in a terrifying display of thunderous fury.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 380.

THUNDER JOLT
Level 1
The base technique of Pika Thunders, Thunder Jolt releases a small Electrical Sparkle that can hit its target from pretty afar with great precision. This technique allows its user to make an Electric Elemental Distance Attack with a Range of 100m, a bonus of +25 to the Attack roll and a Base Damage equal to Double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus.
Effects: 100m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage), +25Attack, Elemental Attack (Air), -2Ki.
Disadvantages: Elemental Binding (Air/Light).
DEX5 / AGI5 / POW5

QUICK DODGE
Level 1
With a quick small distance teleports the user of Pika Thunders can easily get out of harm’s way. This technique allows its user to make a defense with a bonus of +90 to the Dodge roll, allowing no Counterattack even if successful, followed by an Automatic Transport Movement of 20m. This technique can be maintained through following turns.
Effects: +100Initiative, 50m Automatic Transport, Maintained, -2Ki.
Disadvantages: Elemental Binding (Air/Light).
DEX7 (Mant.2) / AGI7 (Mant.2) / POW7 (Mant.2)

SKULL THUNDER
Level 2
Charging electricity on his head the user projects himself in a devastating headbutt attack. This technique allows its user to make an Electricity Elemental Distance Attack with a Range of 50m using himself as a bullet, with a bonus of +150 to the Attack roll and a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus. This technique has the Predetermined disadvantage.
Effects: 20m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage, Projection), +150Attack, Elemental Attack (Air), -2Ki.
Disadvantages: Elemental Binding (Air/Light), Predetermined.
DEX12 / AGI12 / POW12

SUMMON THUNDER
Level 2
The user of this technique concentrates for a brief instant and uses his ki to summon a lightning striking him from the sky, charging all surrounding area with electricity that jolts and stuns all those within a small distance from the user. This technique allows its user to make an Electricity Elemental Attack affecting all individuals within 5m of him, with a bonus of +90Attack and a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus. Targets hit from this attack must pass a PhR check against a difficulty of 160 or suffer an All Action Penalty equal to their failure level, that recovers at a rate of -5 per hour. This technique can only be performed while on in an open space.
Effects: 5m Area Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage), +90Attack, Supernatural State (PhR160, Major All Action Penalty, Attack), Elemental Attack (Air), -2Ki.
Disadvantages: Elemental Binding (Air/Light), Determined Terrain (Open Space).
DEX15 / AGI15 / POW15

VOLT TACKLE
Level 3
A very powerful technique combining offensive capabilities with fazing speed, Volt Tackle surrounds the user with an electric field. The user than starts to move with mind-blowing speed, delivering painful electric blows to all those that cross his path. This technique grants its user a bonus of +5Movement and +200Initiative and allows him to make up to 6 penalty free Electric Elemental Attacks per turn with a bonus of +150 to the Attack roll. This technique can be maintained through following turns. After using this technique the user cannot accumulate ki for 20 turns. After interrupting maintenance of this technique, the user suffers from a -150 All Action Penalty that recovers at a rate of -5 per turn.
Effects: +150Attack, +5Additional Attacks, +200Initiative, +5Movement, Elemental Attack (Air), Maintained.
Disadvantages: Elemental Binding (Air/Light), Overcharge (20), -150All Action Penalty.
DEX45 (Mant.14) / AGI45 (Mant.14) / POW45 (Mant.14)
MK: 150

BOWSER’S MIGHT:
Born from an ancient Dragon, Bowser’s Might was taught to the mortal who dealt a pact with him and later to his disciples, men who had dealt a Dragon Path themselves. The techniques from this school are very rarely witnessed in Gaia, since only those who’ve dealt a pact with a Dragon can master them. These technique are really simple and require a minimal investment by their user, and are thus often seen used by non-domine fighters.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 250.

FIRE BREATH
Level 1
A base classical of Bowser’s Might, flames from the bond dragon erupt from the blade held by the user, burning those hit by it. This technique allows its user to make a Heat Elemental Attack with a bonus of +25 to the Attack Roll. This technique can only be used by characters that have dealt a Pact with a Dragon.
Effects: +25Attack, Elemental Attack (Fire), -2Ki.
Disadvantages: Requirement (Dragon Pact).
STR4 / CON4 / WIL4

BOWSER BOMB
Level 1
By jumping in the air and slamming the weapon over the opponent smashing with his weapon charged with the pushing strength of the dragon behind the mere man. This technique allows its user to make an Attack, negating up to 3 points of AT, and with a bonus of +75 to the Bse Damage. This technique can only be used by characters that have dealt a Pact with a Dragon.
Effects: +75Damage, -3AT, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Requirement (Dragon Pact).
STR4 / CON4 / WIL4

FLYING SLAM
Level 2
A giant claw from the bond dragon seizes the opponent, keeping it in place before the pact dealer smashes the enemy with a fully physically and spiritually charged attack that sends the opponent flying. This technique allows its user to make an Attack with a bonus of +50 to the Attack roll and inflicting an Impact with an equivalent Strength of 16. This technique can only be used by characters that have dealt a pact with a Dragon. In order to use this technique the user must spend 4 Fatigue points in addition to accumulated Ki.
Effects: +50Attack, Impact16, -3Ki.
Disadvantages: Requirement (Dragon Pact), -4Fatigue.
STR6 / CON6 / WIL6

WHIRLING FORTRESS
Level 2
Surrounded in the scales of his bond dragon and guarded by its spirit summoned by pain, the fighter’s defense becomes an unbreakable wall. This technique grants its user the Radial Sight power and allows its user to make up to 5 penalty free Defenses with a bonus of +50 to the Block roll. This technique can be maintained through the following turns. This technique can only be used by characters that have dealt a pact with a Dragon. This technique can only be used in a turn following one during which the user suffered at least 10 points of Damage.
Effects: +50Block, +4Additional Defenses, Radial Sight, Maintained.
Disadvantages: Requirement (Dragon Pact), Limit Condition (Suffer Damage).
STR10 (Mant.3) / CON10 (Mant.3) / WIL10 (Mant.3)

GIGA BOWSER
Level 3
A final devastating attack used by Bowser’s Might users, it makes the practitioner as big as his bond dragon for a brief instant, before smashing with the full power of both participants in the pact. This technique allows its user to make an Attack with a bonus of +75 to the Attack roll and Base Damage multiplied by 4. This technique can only be used by characters that have dealt a pact with a Dragon and has the Predetermined disadvantage. In order to use this technique a character has to Sacrifice 100 Life Points in addition to spend the accumulated ki.
Effects: +75Attack, 4XDamage, -4Ki.
Disadvantages: Requirement (Dragon Pact), Predetermined, -100Life Points.
STR11 / CON11 / WIL11

I'm really enjoying the Smash brothers themed stuff here. I dont really have any techniques to contribute but... Keep up the good work :D

Ok, Tarrant, since you guessed it right, now I really have to fulfill it! I'm telling you now, though that there will only be 32 tech-trees and not 39 (as SSBB characters), the reason being that i won't make techniques for a few characters: Falco and Wolf (Fox Clones), Toon Link (Link Clone), Zero Suit Samus (I could do that one, actually, but I don't really want to!), Sheik (I'm only making Zelda), Captain Falcon (Ganondorf's Clone), Lucas (Ness' Clone). I might reconsider Zero Suit Samus depending on my mood when I'm done with all the others.

Now that is a lot of commitment! The ones you've posted so far are already amazing, the nintendo fanboy in my group is actually considering playing a fighter next instead of a pokemon trainer summoner.

I keep meaning to post the rest of my Domine trees but I can't find the file ;~;

It's either in the USB drive that my friend is borrowing or I put it in the wrong folder somewhere..