New Techniques

By ElricOfMelnibone, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

Hi, after lurking here for a long time i'll post some tech

Those tech i created for myself for easy put them on azure commando member or character in the hand of the empress

Azure assassin commando style

This school is is mostly used by les jeager member and is primary focus is a quick, precise and letal offense.

Techniques: 5. Total MK: 230.

Strike from nowhere

The user of this tech can conceal is offensive intention until the last second, pulling out an attack from a simple and non menancing stance that usually left the enemy unprepared and opened from following attack branding them.

Level 1

Effects: Camouflage attack 240, Minor brand.

Disadvantages: Elemental binding (air, Darkness) .

DEX 4 / AGI 4 / POW 4

MK: 30

Shadow Step

The user use his inner energy to dash to enemy with impossible speed from long distance

Level 1

Effects: automatic transport 90m (300ft), -1KI.

Disadvantages: Elemental binding (air, Darkness).

DEX 3 / AGI 3 / POW 3

MK: 30

Priority Target

Level 2

A lethal strike means to end the combat quickly. Sometimes during team action a Las jeagar use this tech after one of his teammates used Cross strike to lower enemy defense.

Effects: -50 Aiming (head), Critical enachement +10 (Automatic Critical) .

Disadvantages: Elemental binding (air, Darkness) .

DEX 6 / AGI 6 / POW 6

MK: 50

Cross strike

The user make a quick sequence of attack to hit four different part of the enemy body in a sequence that can't be interrupted.

This tecniques requires a great focus from the user that need to devote is concentration to the execution.

Level 2

Effects: +3 limited continuos attack.

Disadvantages: Elemental binding (air, Darkness), predetermined.

DEX 7 / AGI 7 / POW 7

MK: 45

Instant Death

Those wich master the assinatination tecniques of Azure's commando can deliver a fast and concealed attack impossible to be seen by normal pepole.

Level 3

Effects: Camouflage attack 440, +150 Initiative

Disadvantages: Elemental binding (air, Darkness)

DEX 7 / AGI 7 / POW 7

MK: 75

Imperial fencing

Inside imperial army when soemone show great talent they teach to him how to use his inner energy beside pure fencing skill to defeat their opponent. Imperial fencing tech school features an array of tech to best fit the user fightingh style, and only a few master all the school. The tech of this school make an internal use of the Ki to aid and boost the user abilityes so it usually hard to see the supernatural origin of the users action.

Techniques: 8. Total MK: 375.

King's Guard

Level 1

Using his inner energy to improve is strenght the user can block blow more firmly.

Effects: +50Block,-1KI.

Disadvantages: -.

DEX3 / STR3 / WIL3

MK: 25

Focused Strike

Level 1

The user use his inner energy to strike faster an more precise.

Effects: +50Attack, -1KI.

DEX3 / STR3 / WIL3

One Man Army

Level 1

This tech is teached to fight more enemy at once, if the user make a successful defense against one of his opponents can deliver an area attack without penalities with an added +40 bonus.

Effects: +40 Counter, Combat manovers -50 (area attack).

DEX3 / STR3 / WIL3

MK: 20

Strongarm

Level 1

This tech was invented to destroy the shields and weapon of the opponent.

Effects: +25 Breackage, -1KI.

DEX4 / STR4 / WIL4

MK: 40

Unstoppable

Level 2

The users recover from enemies attack only to come back with renewed strenght.

Effects: Quick Recovery, +10 Atk, -3Ki.

Disadvantages: .

DEX4 / STR4 / WIL4

MK: 60

Sky fracture

Level 2

This is one of the most esoteric of Imperial fencing tech, making the Ki flow inside his weapon increasing his damage and become able to strike and deflect even spells and ki techniques .

Effects: x2 Damage, Physical Shock,-4KI.

DEX4 / STR4 / WIL4

MK: 70

Knight Lance

Level 2

When using this unhortodox tech the user trowh is weapon with great speed piercing his opponent.

Effects: Long distance attack (150ft/45m) , -3 AT, -4 KI.

Disadvantages: .

DEX3 / STR3 / WIL3

MK: 55

True Strike

Level 3

The Last teaching in imerial fencing teach the user to strike with all his strenght and speed increased with internal energy in one single perfect blow.

Effects: +100 Crit Level, Automatic Critical, -2Ki.

Disadvantages:

DEX8 / STR8 / WIL8

MK: 80

Hi sognodeglieterni!

I see you're Italian (you know...the nickname) like me, so: "BENVENUTO!" (which is "WELCOME" by the way...).

I like your two technique trees (I like them and just added them to my collection), but I found some errors in ki/MK calculation.

Strike from nowhere:

MK cost should be 40 (-3Ki to achieve the indicated cost). As an alternative, it could cost 5/5/5 and 20MK (only -1ki).

Shadow Step:

I believe that in order to have a legal technique with 30MK and 3/3/3 Ki cost you have to take a 250m Automatic Transport with -2Ki. Actually the technique is more powerful than you calculated...so good news, isn't it?

Priority Target:

We have a serious problem here: not only my MK count is 35, which is 5 less than legal for a Level2 technique, but you used the Critical Enhancement effect which is Fire/Earth only, so not usable in a tech-tree with Darkness/Air Elemental Binding! My suggestion to increase Damage Output is using an Attack Bonus and using Armor Reduction. There are also Supernatural Effects adding damage, but I don't suggest using them in this tech-tree, since you cannot meet the ki cost with Agility, which would unbalance the techniques.

My personal suggestion is:

-50Aimed, +50Attack, -5AT. Ki Cost: 6/6/6. MK: 50

Cross Strike:

This one is correct!

Instant Death:

+150Initiative really helps taking opponents by surprise and Concealed Attack is used to...take opponents by surprise. As for flavor there's nothing wrong with combinint the two effects, but the effectiveness of this technique is dubious (you cannot apply twice the Surprise penalty to a defense roll).

Anyway, as for the rest, the technique is perfect!

Knight's Guard:

Perfect!

Focused Strike:

Perfect!

One Man Army:

In order to have 3/3/3 Ki cost, you have to buy a -2Ki reduction, hence the final MK cost for the technique is 40.

Strongarm:

As it is now, it uses a Level2 Effect (+25Breakage is a Level2 Effect so not usable in a Level1 technique) but has an MK cost of 35, which is illegal for a Level2 technique! My suggestion is reducing the Breakage bonus to +20 and the Ki cost to 3/3/3 for the same MK cost of 40.

Unstoppable:

Perfect!

Sky Fracture:

The technique requires -5Ki in order to have a meager cost of 4/4/4, hence an MK cost of 80.

Knight Lance:

Just so you know, the original Distance from Spanish manual was 50m, not 45. As for the rest the technique is perfect (I guess -4Ki is a typo, since -3Ki allows a correct Ki and MK cost for the technique).

True Strike:

Just one problem here. How can you define that a Level 3 Technique? It has 0 disadvantage, cost between 50 and 100 and NO Level3 effects...hence it's a Level 2 technique! If you want to make it a Level 3 Technique without changing too much, use a huge -5Ki reduction, reducing the Ki cost to 7/7/7 and increasing the MK cost to 110, making it ACTUALLY a Level3 Technique.

Once again, welcome to the forum and thanks to your contribution!

PS - I love that nickname! I've just started re-reading Sandman in these days!

Edited by ElricOfMelnibone

thanks for the welcome, you must not recognized the nick, but we have talked for a long time by mail (siriofrodo)XD (so all i know about tech creation is your doing XD)

Anyway about the error:

Strike from nowhere:

you are right i copied it wrong from the "worksheet" to the final draft

Shadow Step:
same here i get it right in the draft and copyed bad in the final version

Priority Target:
o you are totally right here

Instant Death:

actually disguised attack gives malus for blindness and not for surprise, so i think they would stack

One Man Army:

copy error is supposed to cost 4/4/4

Strongarm:

uff i dont understand how i made that stupid error XD

Sky Fracture:

oh i made bat math

Knight Lance:
yes is a typo, and i converted from feet the distance

True Strike:

oh your are **** right

And here some other, i hope to have done less error in those

King's Will
An ancient school founded by a forgotten bloodline of kings of the past.
Techniques: 5. Total MK : 315

Scepter of The king
The user point at his target before striking him, if the attack connect the target will be Marked for 1 month.
Level 1
Effects: Minor brand, prolonged.
DEX 4 / POW 4 / WIL 4

Royal Guard
The user summon 3 knight from his royal guard that help him defends from an attack.
Level 1
Effects: +3 additional defenses, -1KI, mantained.
Disadvantages:
DEX 4 (Mant.1) / POW 4 (Mant.1) / WIL 4 (Mant.1)
MK: 40

King's Winsdom
Level 2.
The user call his inner energy to be able to see anything that could be dangerous for him, the user can see supernatural and gain a bonus of +40 to Mr and PsR against illusion for 5 turn
Effects:Greater see supernatural, minor sustenance, -2Ki.
DEX 5 / POW 5 / WIL 5
MK: 85

King's Order
The user summon 2 Knight from his royal guard to attack the opponent.
Level 2
Effects: +2additional attack, Indirect attack,-2ki .
DEX 5 / POW 5 / WIL 5

I am the King!!
The users declare his royal status, anyone hearing his voice must take a PhR check of 180 or being forced to bow on his knee in respect and remain in that stance for 1 round for each point they fails the check. This tech have the predetermined disadvantages, and because a true king will be sure of his statement the user cant defend in the turn in which use this tech (the user cant use this tech if have already take a defense this round)
Level 3
Effects: PhR 180, Total paralysis, Heard (several target), -4Ki.
Disadvantages: Predetermination, defensless.
DEX 17 / POW 17 / WIL 17
MK: 120

Kagatsuchi's Gift
This school is told to be teached to the first master of this style by the aeon kagatsuchi itself. Only heir of kagatsuchi can master this path in all his power.

The Mk cost is stated for people with Kagatsuchi blood and then for those who don't have it
Techniques: 6. Total MK: 310 (375)

Vulcanic Viper
The user strike with the fury of the flame
Level 1
Effects: +40 Atk, +50 Damage, -3Ki.
Disadvantages: Elemental binding (Fire) .
STR 3 / DEX 3 / POW 3
MK: 30 (40)

Fiery Reaction
The user focus his inner energy and cosume any distraction to increase is reaction and not be surprised.
Level 1
Effects: Fortell (full), -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Elemental binding (Fire)
STR 3 / DEX 3 / POW 3
MK: 15 (20)

Gunflame
The user project his energy in a powerfull blast with base damage double the users presence + his Power bonus.
Level 1
Effects: 90m(300Feet) distance attack, +50 Atk, -3KI.
Disadvantages: Elemental binding (Fire).
STR 4 / DEX 4 / POW 4
MK: 40 (50)

Fafnir
The user project his inner energy outside his body in a 9m(30 feet) radius blast. The blast have a base damage of 4 times the user presence plus 2 times the user Power bonus.
Level 2
Effects: 9m(30 feet) area attack, x2 damage, Fire elemental attack -4ki .
Disadvantages: Elemental binding (Fire) .
STR 6 / DEX 6 / POW 6
MK: 60 (70)

Napalm Death
Created for large scale conflict, the user hit the ground with his weapon, releasing a powerfull shockwave of clesing fire 9m withd that travel for 500m, the wave deal damage only on target chosen by the user, with a base damage equal to double his presence + his Power bonus. This tech have the predetermination disadvantage.
Level 2
Effects: Long distance attack 450m (1500Feet),trial of destruction, area 4,5m (15feet), target choice, +50 Atk damage, fire elemetal attack, -2Ki.
Disadvantages: Elemental binding (Fire), predetermination.
STR 12 / DEX 12 / POW 12
MK: 65 (80)

Tyrant Rave
The user focus his inner energy in a final destructive short range blast. This powerfull blow gain have +75 Attack and have a base damage equal to 8 times the user presence + 4 times his power bonus
Level 3
Effects: +75 Attack, 9m(30feet) Ranged attack, x4 Damage, Fire elemental attack.
Disadvantages: Elemental binding (Fire), require kagatsuchi Blood.
STR 12 / DEX 12 / POW 12
MK:100 (115)

Hi, siriofrodo!

I just checked and Camouflaged Attack inflicts Surprise penalty and not Blindness.

Now back to reviews...

Scepter of The King: OK!

Royal Guard: Correct MK cost is 30.

King's Wisdom: Perfect!

King's Order: I can't understand how you have that Ki cost and MK cost...anyway, my MK cost is 70 and Ki cost is 7/8/7. At this point I'd suggest adding a further -1Ki for a total 7/7/7 cost and 80MK.

I Am The King: When taking the "Hearing" media for a Supernatural State, you have ALSO to buy a maximum hearing distance, hence the technique must be rebuilt a bit. My suggestion is PhR180, Total Paralysis, 50m Multiple Targets Hearing, -1Ki. The final Ki cost is 22/22/22 and the MK cost is 105.

Kagutsuchi's Gifts: I'll make the calculations for characters without Kagutsuchi's Blood.

Vulcanic Viper: Correct MK cost is 50.

Fiery Reaction: OK.

Gunflame: OK.

Fafnir: OK.

Napalm Death: Even without -2Ki you can achieve a total Ki cost of 10/10/10...hence I'd go for it and a meager 55MK cost!

Tyrant Rave: My calculations indicate you need -5Ki to achieve that Ki cost, meaning an MK cost of 140.

King's Order: i wrote wrong, is limited additional attack that will make the math ok

Vulcanic Viper: Correct MK cost is 50.

i dont see why: 15 mk for +50 damage (single) 10 MK for +40 atk +30 for ki reduction is 55 - 15 for elemental binding makes 40

Napalm Death: again cant see how, just from the sum of the base cost is 32, i cant get how you get so low cost

Tyrant Rave: you are right, i will go with 13/13/13 and 120MK

You're right about Vulcanic Viper.

If you make King's Order only Additional Limited Attacks, then the Indirect Attack will apply only to 1 attack.

Napalm Death:

My Bad! My calculation is 14/14/14 for 55MK!

I don't think there's a way to pay Tyrant Rave 13/13/13, but I don't have the time to check right now! See you!

Good morning Anima-players!

After having played the game for some time I decided to involve myself in the forum and I came across this nice little topic!

Most of you seem to be very good at technique-creation so I thought I'd put my own tree here for consideration and maybe a bit help (I have a tendensy to do sloppy errors). It's a mice little tree I made for a Technician thought to have no DP invested in attack or defence, but just in Ki and Accumulations.

SPIRIT BLADE

This is a tree invented by ancient Shivatese monks which considered the body weak and sought a superior way to fight. Coming from a long tradition of perfecting the connection between ones body and soul they came to the conclusion that ones body was only a poor vessel for ones soul, and by giving this soul a shape with your ki you could achieve incredible results.

Techniques: 6 (so far), Total MK: 330 (so far)

SOUL STRIKE

The "common" offensive technique of the school. An opaque image of the users own soul emerges from within him to leap forward and attack his enemies.

Level 1:

Effects: Predetermined attack (240), Long-distance attack (15ft, double the users prescence plus his power as damage), Capable of damaging energy

DEX 7 / POW 7 / WP: 7

HEART SHIELD

By imbuing his immediate surrounding with his ki the user creates a vibrating field around himself where bits and pieces of see-through humans seem to appear and dissapear almost randomly. This is in fact a way of defence where the users own spirit takes command over this energy-shield.

Level 1

Effects: Predetermined defence (240), Energy shield (300 LP, regenerates 100 LP per turn)

Advantages: Decreased ki cost (1), Maintainable

DEX 10 (3 maint.) / POW 9 (3 maint.) / WP 9 (3 maint)

SHUNPO

Lightning step, the art of running away. Feeling threatened a user of Spirit Blade can temporarily displace his own body to become untouchable like that of a free spirit. Entering this form a simple energy-burst quickly transports the user out of harms way.

Level 1

Effects: Automatic transportation (150ft), Intanglible

DEX 4 / POW 4 / WP 4

REIATSU PRESSURE

Inhaling, concentrating and gathering his strength the user stands motionless with his eyes closed. Multiple images of himself akin to those created by Soul Strike one after another appear around the user, standing in a protective circle. With one sudden motion all the spirit-images shoots outwards, striking into any and all victims chosen by the user, and shattering with tremendous force which sends their targets flying.

Level 2

Effects: Predetermined attack (240), Area attack (80ft, target choice), Impact 14

DEX 11 / POW 11 / WP 11

TAMASHÍ CONTROL

Guided by his inner focus the user lunges forward in an unarmed attack, not using the conventional Soul Strike. At the slightest hint of physical contact an image of the users spirit transfers from himself into his target, suppressing his own soul and assuming control over the poor victim.

Level 2

Effects: Predetermined attack (240), Control (PhR 140, Touch)

Disadvantages: No damage

AGI 8 / DEX 12 / POW 12 / WP 12

MK: 55

SPIRIT BOMB

This technique is the greatest offensive one of the whole school of the Spirit Blade, however, it is also their greatest secret. At the moment of execution an opaque soul-copy of the user attacks his foe, just like with Soul Strike. But, just as the unsuspecting adversary is about to defend himself, the copy bursts into a flowing mist of energy which seeps into the essence of the victim. Light cracks and scorch-marks begin to appear on his skin as the immense pressure destroys him from the inside and everything culminates into a bright pillar of soul-crushing light.

Level 3

Effects: Camoflagued attack (320), Predetermined attack (240), Long distande attack (15ft, double the users prescence plus his power as damage), Damage multiplier (×4), Capable of harming Energy

Disadvantages: Exhaustion (-6 fatigue)

DEX 14 / STR 10 / POW 14 / WP 14

MK: 110

Edited by BAoT

Need help!!!

I'm game mastering a game where two legends of the Inquisition are going to be main villains and i have tried to come up with Ki technique trees for them both to no avail. So, I'm posting this request for someone to come up with some awesome Ki technique trees for these awesome characters!

The first of these two characters is Lostaroth Marchosias, the Lord of Massacres .

"The ultimate executioner, Marchosias is the most powerful warrior of the Inquisition. He is a dangerous weapon that the Church unleashes only when the situation is truly dire. With unlimited potential for destruction and a wildly unpredictable temperament, the man known as the Lord of Massacres now walks Gaia once more…"

He is known for wielding Platinum , one of the original eleven lawbringers. It's stats can be found on page 94 of the Prometheum Exxet.

For those who understand the rules of Anima: Tactics, here are his stats for that game:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/113911/anima-tactics-lostaroth-marchosias

and here is an image of the man himself.

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2010/125/c/4/Anima__Marchosias_by_Wen_M.jpg

Edited by Michael_The

the Second character is Inquisitor Damien .

"Like a shadow that crawls through the darkness unseen and unheard, like a dark angel bringing absolute silence, the Inquisitor Damien is an enigma even to the Church. To contain his abilities he has restrained his body in rune covered bindings and sealed his senses. Nevertheless, although blind, his eyes perceive more than any mortal sight has seen, illuminated by the clearness of eternal darkness..."

Here are his rules in Anima: Tactics:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/99188/anima-tactics-damien

Here is an image of him:

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs19/PRE/f/2007/300/6/5/Anima__Damien_by_Wen_M.jpg

To BAoT: I just read your techniques. I really love Predetermined Attack/Defense techniques, but to have them work right, you need to improve the Predetermined Attack and Defense rolls at higher levels. The best build for a character with Predetermined Techniques, is a character who spends 0 on both Attack/Defense and spends all Combat DPs on Accumulations, Ki Points and MK. A value of 240 is really amazing at low levels, but gets almost useless once your characters reach level 7 or so. Also, at least a Level2 Defensive Maintained technique should be added to the tree and the Level1 Defensive Technique should be maintained too. My suggestion is using Predetermined attack 280 or 320 for Level2 attack techniques and Predetermined Defense 320 for defensive techniques. As for a Level3 Attack technique, Predetermined Attack 440 should be a must.

My two cents, of course.

To Michael_The: I wouldn't build Lastaroth Marcoshias as a Technician with Techniques. I'd rather build him as a Warrior/Weapon Master with Orochi's Blood, Berserk Magnus, and either Zemial Elan or a blood legacy similar to that of Romeo Exxet, but working with Shajads instead of Beryls, so he could have high Elan with both Zemial, Noah, and/or Meseguis. Oh, aside from the Legislator(s), I'd probably grant Lastaroth also an Artifact Tattoo (the cross on the back...after all flames sprout from his back, don't they?!). As for Damien I'd probably build him as a Warrior Mentalist with at least Electrokinesis and Clairvoyance psychic disciplines. I know he's officially a Technician, but I don't see he much like that and a Warrior Mentalist build just works better on him, on my opinion. Also remember that he almost always travels with Justina, who's officially an Acrobatic Warrior, but is also known to be a master of Nemesis.

Elric I agree with you on Marcoshias, looking at the rules for him in Anima : Tactics he is said to be a warrior who fights like a Berserker. However, I have to disagree with you on Damien. it is said in his Anima : Tactics rules that he can become immaterial at will and is marked as a Warrior/Prowler. his abilities are called breathless, bodyless and lifeless. To me this gives the image of a ghost. I thought a technique tree based around his abilities to control the senses of himself/ his opponents/the world was really cool. However I’m not to good at making techniques, hence why I’m here.

P.S. thanks for the tip about the flamey tattoo.

Thank you for the input Elric! I'll make sure to change the attack values of the upper-level techniques and make a defensive lvl2 one.

I correct myself: Damien could be built with Electrokinesis, Teleport and Hypersensitivity psychic disciplines. The "prowler" part of the guy can easily be obtained by a sensate allocation of secondary abilities (and/or CP use). With an Autorecolocation power you can emulate bodyless and lifeless charge, with Electrokinesis he just adds electricity to the mix, obtaining the needed Bonus Damage and Armor negation (since Electricity negates all metal armors). Perhaps Physical Increment could be added to the mix too...at the very least for the Increase Perception power. Also note that Damien should be built with a level2Curse that obliges him to keep active both Increase Perception and Superior Senses as a standard without the ability to quench them in any way (causing him a HUGE All Action Penalty if he's not blinded and wearing his special coat).

Then again, if you really want him built as a technician, let's see how he can be built. I'd say an intangibility technique, plus an intangibility+automatic transport+electricity+damage technique, and a electricity+damage+armor reduction technique. If you really need it, I can work on it.

As for BAoT, I'm eager to read your updated techniques.

...man. I can't believe I missed your return, Elric!

Er, well... I'll be posting something here (not this thread) that will need some clarification on how well I got the characters of a fanfic (namely the Anima: Beyond Fantasy side of things).

Also... got something I'd like some clarification on. In said fanfic, one of the characters has a latent Ki ability to create Ki gauntlets, though he doesn't have much else in his Ki repertoire... apart from a really high Ki sensing ability (as far as I've determined it). How would you potentially create Ki techniques with the gauntlets as products of a level 1 technique, and more Ki being shaped as different pieces of armor, or maybe a different type of equipment?

Nice to see you again Xamusel!

Not that much of a problem...I'd probably couple the ki techniques with the Mars Impossible Weapon (which is based on use of heavy combat gauntlets) from the Planetary Impossible Weapons. The first technique will necessarily generate 2 Mars +10 Weapons. The following techniques depend on whatever you tell me in detail the guy should do. Also fitting name for the techniques should be required.

Edited by ElricOfMelnibone

Yeah... also, I'm hoping to speak with you on Skype soon, since I'm wishing to get some advice from you soon. I tried to get in touch with you since last night (my time)... you didn't return my request for contact details on Skype.

Anyway, thanks. I appreciate the effort you'll put into this, like you already do with other Ki techniques. I'll get back to you on what the techniques in question should be.

Hello again everyone! I've made the appropriate changes to the tree (it now ramps up the predetermined attack and has a defensive lvl2 technique) as well as added some to it. The costs for both Ki as well as MK are quite high, but as previously stated a technician using this will not spend DP on attack/defense.

SPIRIT BLADE

This is a tree invented by ancient Shivatese monks which considered the body weak and sought a superior way to fight. Coming from a long tradition of perfecting the connection between ones body and soul they came to the conclusion that ones body was only a poor vessel for ones soul, and by giving this soul a shape with your ki you could achieve incredible results.

Techniques: 8 (so far), Total MK: 570 (so far)

SOUL STRIKE // This one remained the same, in fact all the lvl1 were left unchanged

The "common" offensive technique of the school. An opaque image of the users own soul emerges from within him to leap forward and attack his enemies.

Level 1:

Effects: Predetermined attack (240), Long-distance attack (15ft, double the users prescence plus his power as damage), Capable of damaging energy

DEX 7 / POW 7 / WP: 7

HEART SHIELD // Same

By imbuing his immediate surrounding with his ki the user creates a vibrating field around himself where bits and pieces of see-through humans seem to appear and dissapear almost randomly. This is in fact a way of defence where the users own spirit takes command over this energy-shield.

Level 1

Effects: Predetermined defence (240), Energy shield (300 LP, regenerates 100 LP per turn)

Advantages: Decreased ki cost (1), Maintainable

DEX 10 (3 maint.) / POW 9 (3 maint.) / WP 9 (3 maint)

SHUNPO // Same

Lightning step, the art of running away. Feeling threatened a user of Spirit Blade can temporarily displace his own body to become untouchable like that of a free spirit. Entering this form a simple energy-burst quickly transports the user out of harms way.

Level 1

Effects: Automatic transportation (150ft), Intanglible

DEX 4 / POW 4 / WP 4

REIATSU PRESSURE // This one got an increase in attack

Inhaling, concentrating and gathering his strength the user stands motionless with his eyes closed. Multiple images of himself akin to those created by Soul Strike one after another appear around the user, standing in a protective circle. With one sudden motion all the spirit-images shoots outwards, striking into any and all victims chosen by the user, and shattering with tremendous force which sends their targets flying.

Level 2

Effects: Predetermined attack ( 280 ), Area attack (80ft, target choice), Impact 14

DEX 12 / POW 13 / WP 12

MK: 80

TAMASHÍ CONTROL // As did this, the increase here is slightli higher considering you DO NOT want to miss with it

Guided by his inner focus the user lunges forward in an unarmed attack, not using the conventional Soul Strike. At the slightest hint of physical contact an image of the users spirit transfers from himself into his target, suppressing his own soul and assuming control over the poor victim.

Level 2

Effects: Predetermined attack ( 320 ), Control (PhR 140, Touch)

Disadvantages: No damage

AGI 10 / DEX 16 / POW 16 / WP 16

VITAE SHIELD // This is a lvl2-version of Heart Shield for a better high-leveldefense as suggested by Elric

Essentially a more powerful version of the Heart Shield the Vitae Shield produces a practically impregneble defense. The air around the user seems like a vibrating mass of instantly appearing and disappearing opaque limbs, only the most formidable of opponents can even get close to a user with an active Vitae Shield.

Level 2

Effects: Predetermined defence (320), Energy shield (500 LP, regenerates 250 LP per turn)

AGI 8 (maint 1) / DEX 15 (maint 5) / POW 15 (maint 5) / WP 15 (maint 5)

MK: 85

SPIRIT BOMB //This one became ridiculously exspensive and powerful, I'm thinking that maybe Camoflagued attack and predetermined attack(440) is a bit of an overkill when combined but at least the technique is really ultimate

This technique is the greatest offensive one of the whole school of the Spirit Blade, however, it is also their greatest secret. At the moment of execution an opaque soul-copy of the user attacks his foe, just like with Soul Strike. But, just as the unsuspecting adversary is about to defend himself, the copy bursts into a flowing mist of energy which seeps into the essence of the victim. Light cracks and scorch-marks begin to appear on his skin as the immense pressure destroys him from the inside and everything culminates into a bright pillar of soul-crushing light.

Level 3

Effects: Camoflagued attack (320), Predetermined attack ( 440 ), Long distande attack (15ft, double the users prescence plus his power as damage), Damage multiplier (×4), Capable of harming Energy

Disadvantages: Exhaustion (-6 fatigue)

DEX 18 / STR 12 / POW 18 / WP 18

MK: 140

DO UNTO OTHERS //Another new addition, speaking of high-level-defences. I'm having problems coming up with a good name for it so any input is appreciated

The ultimate defence. Created in a vane attempt to quell the powers of the Aeons, which in the right hands it probably could. During its excecution the user slowly steps up towards his adversary, closing his eyes and striking out with his hands to his sides as if to embrace his impending death. A multitude of spectre-like copies of the user seem to desperatly escape from his body but are all snapped back in. Then as the user is struck the specters, together with the attack, dissapears. Where it a fireball it would be as though it never existed, where it a blade his foe would find it gone. Silence befalls the battlefield. And a second later thousand of these spectral images pour out of the users body and together form their own sinister version of what was thrown the users way. The ultimate counter-attack.

Level 3

Effects: Predetermined defence (440), Area block (300ft), Attack mirroring (with all the esoteric effects)

AGI 10 / DEX 15 / POW 15 / WP 14

MK: 100

At first I thought of having the last one be maintained but the costs were ASTRONOMICAL.

Here's the review about Soul Blade:

Soul Strike: My Ki count is 6/7/6. Why not spending 35MK for a more "balanced" 6/6/6?

Heart Shield: This time my Ki count (without -1Ki) is 10/10/10...which is fine, so I'd leave it as 10/10/10 for a 40MK cost.

Shunpo: My Ki count is 5/5/5.

Reiatsu Pressure: Damage based on Presence, right? Anyway, my MK count is 75...I'd go for 85MK and balanced cost of 12/12/12.

Tamashi Control: I don't reccomend splitting cost over Agility too. My MK count is 75 for a Ki cost of 17/16/16. Again I'd rather go for a 85MK cost for a nice balanced 16/16/16 ki cost. Note that since the character is investing all his CPs and DPs on MK, Ki and Accumulation related stuff, you shouldn't worry too much about levitating MK and/or Ki Costs. That's just the way of predetermined technqiues and predetermined technicians.

Vitae Shield: Again, I'd not split points too much, so I'd rather reduce the regeneration to 100/turn for a total MK cost of 90 and a total Ki cost of 16(5)/16(5)/16(5), including a -1Ki Reduction.

Spirit Bomb: With -1Ki Reduction and 150MK cost you have 23/23/23 Ki Cost which is acceptable for a Level3 Predetermined Technique.

Do Onto Others: On my opinion there are only 2 kind of good defensive techniques: maintained ones and those with a sufficiently low ki cost to use them each turn without consuming all ki accumulation. This technique is neither of the two. My suggestion? Add to the mix a +6Additional Defenses (after all your character might need to defend against more than one attack in a single turn and his predetermined roll is his ONLY DEFENSE) and Maintained. Yes the Ki cost is sufficiently high...like...33(11)/33(11)/33(11) and a HUGE 170MK. With a few disadvantage you can get the MK or the Ki Cost a bit lower. Lets say we aim to 32/32/32 (which is double of 16/16/16 which is the cost of a couple Level2 techniques). We have MK200. Let's add Predetermined. After all, this technique already requires more than one turn to pull out, hence the Predetermined disadvantage isn't that much of a problem. Also -75 Life Points should be a fine sacrifice in order to have such a powerful defense, going down to 165MK (as an alternative, you might use Limit Circumstance 1/4Life Points).

The final MK cost of the entire tree like this is 650 which is a mighty fine cost for a predetermined set of technqiues. As a side note, when building a predetermined st of techniques you have an alternative to using Predetermined Defense in combination with Additional Defenses or Suernatural Shield, which is using Damage Accumulation. Oh...and of course you can use Damage Accumulation WITH Supernatural Shield WITH Predetermined Defense! Just remember it!

That's all. Hope this all helps.

...NOOOOOOOOOO!! I missed Elric!

Er, anyway, I'll be sure to get more done for the Ki techniques ASAP.

Just to let you know Xamusel, I tend not to use Skype, but I wrote you an e-mail, so contact me by e-mail for any help you need. As for the techniques "requirements" just post them here, and I'll have them done as soon as I have time.

Thanks a lot for the help Elric! I managed to sneak quite the number of calculation errors into that tree... After looking over the whole thing once more I do realize that focusing it to the three basic stats probably is a good idea. The total costs hardly changes at all and building a character that uses the tree will be a lot more fun.

As you said the last technique is very situational... I built it because it would be really cool but thinking about it the only time it would serve a purpose would be when facing something with a one-shot death-laser (like Rudraskha) and those usually have a larger radius as well.

On another note that idea about damage resistance sounds amazing! I think I will substitute 'Do unto others' with some kind of ultimate invulnerability technique using energyshield, predetermined defence and damage resistance all together.

On that topic; damage-resistant creatures get a -40 on using supernatural shields. With predetermined defence does that penalty lower the predetermined value or is it simply unchanged?

I know I'm biased in saying so, but my version of Do Onto Others should be a REALLY powerful defensive technique with enormous versatility, since it defends both you and your party from up to 7 attacks per turn with a very nice 440 predetermined roll AND reflects stuff back at offenders on top of that! I wouldn't change it, if I were you (which is probably because I designed it, so it would be quite absurd if I'd change it, wouldn't it?!).

Anyway, if you want to look at the ABSOLUTE Defensive technique, just scroll back this thread to the last technique of the Predetermined School called: "Microbes World". The Technique is called "The Spore". That's the most powerful self-defensive Predetermined technique that can actually be devised I believe.

Okay, sorry about the whole thing about sending you a Skype invite, wasn't aware that you didn't use it much.

Also, as I haven't used my MSN account all that much for a really long time, I'm looking through all my past emails now... to make sure I know what I missed.

Has anyone tried making any Naruto Jutsu?