New Techniques

By ElricOfMelnibone, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

I completely forgot to post a finalized version of the Raitoningu no Kage school. Well without further adu, here is my completed, after a lot of help from Elric, version:

Raitoningu no Kage (Lightning's Shadow)
A school developed by a branch of the Koga ninjas that harnesses the powers of Darness and lightning, to quickly emliminate their targets from the shadows.
Techniques: 8 Total MK: 565

Raiha no Kage (Lightning Blade of Shadow)
Lvl: 1 MK: 25
By focusing his Ki the character manifest a sword or dagger that the character is proficient with. The blade looks as if it was created from the characters shadow. The weapon created is counted as being +10 in quality as is wreathed in arcs of electricity doing electrical damage. The weapon can be maintained by spending 3 Ki points each turn.
Total Ki: 10
POW: 6 (1) WIL: 6 (1) STR: 6 (1)
Effects: Creates a +10 weapon, Electrical Damage, Reduced Ki cost (1), Maintained
Disadvantage: Elemental Binding (wind/darkness)

Kage no Kuroku (Shadow Cloak)
Lvl: 1 MK:30
By infusing Ki into their shadow, the character animates their shadow, causing it to mislead an enemy’s attack, granting a +40 bonus to all dodges in a turn. If the attacker fails in the attack in a way that causes a counter attack, the shadow will bind the attacker, granting a bonus of +40 to the character’s counter attack.
Total Ki: 14
STR: 10 (3) POW: 10 (3) WIL: 10 (3)
Effects: +40 Multi dodge, +40 to counter attacks, Maintained
Disadvantage Elemental Binding (Darkness/Air)

Kage no Ame (Shadow Rain)
Lvl:1 MK:40
The character focus his Ki to create a barrage of Kunai to assault his foes. Creates up to 10 +5 Kunai and provides 5 additional attacks.
Total Ki: 27
Pow: 15 Dex: 15 Wil: 15
Effect: Creates up to 10 +5 Kunai, limited additional attacks (+5)
Disadvantage: Elemental Binding (Darkness/Air)

Kurai Arashi (Dark Storm)
Lvl:1 MK:20
The character summons forth the dark energy from with-in and releases it upon hi foes. Causes a long distance attack in the form multiple bolts of black lightning. The attack causes damage equal to 2 times the character’s base press plus their power bonus. Also does electrical damage.
Total Ki: 12
Str: 5 Pow: 5 Wil: 5
Effects: Multi Distance Attack 150ft (2XPresence+PowBonus), Elemental Attack Air, Deduced Ki cost (1).
Disadvantages: Elemental Binding (Darkness/Air)

Kurai makingu (Dark Marking)
Lvl:2 MK: 85
Once the character makes mutual visual contact with an enemy this Technique can be activated. The character creates and illusion to either distract the enemy, or make them think the Character has become invisible. The enemy must pass a PhR check of 140 to ignore the effects of the illusion. If failed the enemy is under the influence of a greater illusion for a number of minutes equal to the failure of the PhR check. Once done, the character automatically moves, if able, behind the enemy to attack. If the attack is successful and damages the enemy, the enemy is now marked with a greater brand of the character. The enemy can not be more than 30ft away and must be a humanoid for this Technique to work.
Total Ki: 47
Pow: 21 Agi: 21 Con: 21
Effect: Supernatural State PhR 140, Greater Illusion, Mutual visual contact, Range 30 ft; Automatic Transportation 30ft; Greater Brand
Disadvantages: Elemental Binding (Darkness/Air), Exterminator (Humanoid)

DaI Kurai Arashi (Great Dark Storm)
Lvl:2 MK:55
Enhanse version of Kurai Arashi.
Total Ki: 20
Str:7 Pow:7 Wil: 7
Effects: Multi Distance Attack 300ft (2XPresence+PowBonus), Multi Area Attack 15ft, Elemental Attack Air, -1Ki
Disadvantages: Elemental Binding (Darkness/Air)

Kage no Arashi
(Storm of Shadows)
Lvl:3 MK:160
With this Techniques the character brings for the power of a thunder storm to decimate his foes. By focusing his Ki, the character calls for multiple bolts of lightning to strike his enemies up to 800 ft away. The lightning springs from the target’s own shadow doing damage of 2 times the base presence plus power bonus of the character.After striking a target, the lightning then arcs to all adjacent foes in an area with a 300ft radius. This Techniques grants 6 additional limited attacks. This technique is taxing on the character and causes a loss of 2 fatigue points and a penalty to all his actions. The penalty begins at -50 and reduces at a rate of 10 points per turn, this penalty can't be eliminated by supernatural or Ki means.
Total Ki: 70
Str: 28 Pow: 28 Wil: 28
Effects: Lev3 Indirect Attack , Multi Distance Attack 800ft, Multi Area Attack 300ft,+6 limited attacks, Elemental Attack Air , -1Ki .
Disadvantages: Elemental Binding (Darkness/Air) , -2Fatigues , -50 All Action Penalty.

I actually made a change to this one by adding in additional attacks and removing the predetermined attack.

Arashi no Abata (Avatar of Storms)
Lvl: 3 MK 150
This technique is an advanced form of Arashi no Seishin. By invoking this technique, the character becomes the living embodiment of a storm, by focusing on straight attacks.
Total Ki: 85
Str:31 Pow:31 Wil:31
Effects: +100 Attack, +5 Additional Limited Attacks, Supernatural State (PhR200, Death, Attack), -2Ki.
Disadvantage: Predetermined, Elemental Binding (Darkness/Air), Exhaustion (-4Fatigue)

I added in the total Ki cost of each Technique for those that use "Unification of KI." Ice school still a work in progress...

so i've been playing a bit too much skyrim and decided to try and make a tree based on combinable techniques, but then i took an arrow to the knee... :D

CONCERTING DISCIPLINES
The monks and scholars of Ilmora have created this school upon their beliefs of flexibility and adaptability. Those who learn these thechniques find that independantly, each technique is fine, but when merging them together, the power becomes devastating. Those who face the followers of this Discipline don't know what to expect due to it's synergetic adjustibility.
Techniques: 7 Total MK: 365

Roh(Balance)
level 1
The most basic of disciplines, the one of balance. makes one have advanced posture on an offensive strike.
Effects: Attack +50, combinable
str5/dex5
25 mk

Muulag(Strength)
level 1
This discipline allows one to use his inner focus to control the force of his blow.
Damage +75, -1 Ki cost, combinable
pow5/str5
40 mk

Gut(Far)
level 1
The last of the basic disciplines lets one project his combative instinct up to a range of 100m.
Long-range attack 100m(2xpres+powbon), combinable
dex5/pow5
30 mk

Dah(Push)
level 2
The first of the intermediate disciplines permits one to force anyone or anything to be sent flying with immense force.
Impact 16, combinable
dex6/str6/pow6
45 mk

Spaan Vahlok(Shield Guardian)
level 2
The only discipline to not be mergeable with the others, it is also the only defensive one, granting a heightened sense of where blows will strike for a short duration.
Multi Block +75, Additional defenses +2
dex9/str9/pow9
55 mk

Qahnaar(Vanquish)
Level 2
The final intermediate discipline teaches one that he must not strike first. Retribution is always stronger than hate.
Counter-attack +125, Combinable
Dex8/str8/pow8
50 mk

Lein Kren(World Break)
level 3
The unique Advance Discipline is hardly ever learned due to it's destructive power. It strikes all within a wide area as though they were naked, no matter what they are wearing.
Area attack 1km (2xpres+powbon), Armor Destruction -all, combinable
dex13/str13/pow13
120 mk

OK here is my Ice School:

Kori no Jigoku
School of Techniques that was created by the Iga ninjas to harness the powers of Ice to dispatch their enemies.

Kori no Buki (Ice Weapon)
Lvl:1 MK 45
This technique allows the character to create a melle weapon of ice. The first time it is used, the character determines what weapon to make and that is the weapon created with further uses of the technique. The weapon created is of +10 quality that does cold damage. One attack per turn, the character inflicts numbing cold onto his opponet. The one attacked must pass a PhR check of 120 or suffer a penalty equal to the failure number to all actions. The penelty disapears at a rate of 5 points per turn.
Total Ki: 20
Pow: 10 (1) Wil: 10 (2) Con: 10 (1)
Effect: +10 Physical weapon, Supernatural State (PhR 120 Minor Action Pen attack), Elemental Attack Water (Cold), Maintained
Disadvantage: Condition Unsheathe

Aisuama (Ice Armor)
Lvl:1 MK 40
This technique creates an armor of Ice scalemail over the character's entire body. This armor provides 4 AT and is Unmodifiable.
Total Ki: 10
Pow: 4 (2) Wil: 4 (1) Con: 4 (1)
Effects: 4 AT armor Agmentation, Unmodifiable, Reduced Ki cost (1)

Shado no hyo (Hail of Shards)
Lvl:1 MK 40
By focus his ki into his Kori no Buki, a character causes the weapon to grow small shards of ice. These shards break off from the blade and fly at an opponent up to 30Ft away like a small hail storm when the weapon is swung. The Shards penetrate the opponents armor (-4AT) and do double base damage (2X the character's base presense plus power bonus).
Total Ki: 23
Pow: 13 Wil: 12 Con: 12
Effects: Long Distance Attack 30ft (2X the character's base presense plus power bonus), Armor Penetration -4, Damage Multiplier X2
Disadvantage: Maintained Technique (Kori Blade)

Fuyu no hoyo (Winter's Embrace)
Lvl:2 MK 100
By focusing Ki on his Aisuama, the character causes the armor to become reflective, and their body to be more fluid. The armour now mirrors the opponent's attacks, add 4 additional defence chances, and increases their dodge ability by 50 (multi). This technique also adds cold damage to all the mirrored attacks.
Total Ki: 37
Pow: 16 (7) Wil: 16 (7) Con: 16 (8)
Effects: Attack Mirroring, +4 Additional Defences, +50 Dodge Ability (multi), Elemental Attack Water (cold), Maintained, Reduced Ki cot (1)
Disadvantage: Maintained Technique (Aisuama)

Reito haaku (Frozen Grasp)
Lvl:2 MK 85
With this Technique, a character releases a shockwave of Ki into the ground. This causes the ground to be frozen and all within an 80ft radius to be frozen in place, unless the character using the technique decides otherwise.
Total Ki: 22
Pow: 11 (4) Wil: 11 (4) Con:11 (4)
Effects: Trapping 16, Elemental Attack Water (Cold), Area Attack 80ft (Target Choice), Reduced Ki cost (2)

Kori no Honshitsu (Essence of Ice)
Lvl:2 MK 60
The characters body becomes like a flurry of snow, leaving a layer of frost on all the character passes through. Grants Intangibility with the fusion ability, and increase to of +4 to movement.
Total Ki: 14
Pow: 8 (3) Wil: 8 (3) Con: 8 (2)
Effect: Intangibility (Fusion), +4 Movement Increase, Sustained, Reduced Ki cost (1)

Kurimuzon yuki (Crimson Snow)
Lvl:3 MK 185
This technique causes a blizzard of snow to fall on an area of 300ft. All within, except those designated by the character using the tech, suffer damage equal to 2X the base presense of the character plus power bonus. Also those that take damage must make a PhR check of 200 or will instantly freeze to death. The Tech is extremely taxing on the character and takes 4 fatigue points, also it induces an action penalty of -50 to the character. As a final Price, the character must sacrifice 100LP. The sacrificed LP is mixed with the storm giving the snow it's color, and the tech it's name.
Total Ki: 90
Pow: 33 Wil: 33 Con: 33

Woah! Seems like I can't get a free week-end without missing tons of stuff...everything seems pretty amazing, guys. As soon as I have time to give a good look at everything you posted, I'll get back to you with feedback!

In order of appearance:

IMPENDING BLITZ:

It would be really nice if you specified where the technique is originated...tribes is a bit generic. Since the technique makes use of Chakrams (very cool weapon), and that is a typical Indian (INDIAN FROM INDIA) weapon, I guess Baho would be fitting (it's Gaia's India)...but I don't think there should be many "tribes" over there...If there are, then it would be perfect. Otherwise I'd go for somewhere closeby like Kashmir or Salazar (where tribes certainly are).

WINDWALK:

Without the -1Ki reduction it's cost is balanced (7(2)/7(2)/7(2)) and the MK cost is 30...why spend +10MK to unbalance the cost? My two cents, of course.

SHADOWSTRIKE:

The technique is striking at the opponent using the chakram...why use the 2XPresence+PowBonus. It's not incorrect, but really unflavorful in this particular occasion.

EVISCERATION:

Chakrams are made of metal (never herard about wooden ones), so the flavor of this technique is a bit odd...

By the way, actual Ki cost for Evisheration would be AGI12/CON13/POW13 (including the -1Ki). I'd add there an extra -2Ki, pay it 90MK and have 12 base cost on all stats.

RUPTURE:

Ki cost for this technique is AGI10/CON9/POW9...add -1Ki to make it AGI9/CON9/POW9?

AMBUSH:

My MK count is 100.

I really liked this school!

I have work to do now...so comments on other schools will have to wait! See ya later!

Now lets get to the concerting disciplines...very good style and very nice techniques. I will comment only a few of them, since the school seems ok under all aspects to me.

SPAAN VAHLOK:

Since the school is based on combining techniques, most of the time a high level character will be accumulating a lot simply to pull-off some nice attack, so having a defensive technique that requires accumulating 9 to be used means the character won't be using it most of the times. On the other hand, adding a nice maintenance cost to it (or sustenance) would avoid the problem...the whole school is very balnced and based on somewhat low-cost effects (which I like), so I'd suggest the cheepest solution both regarding to MK and ki-accumulation:

Effects: +75Complete Parry, +3Additional Defenses, Maintained, -1Ki.

STR14 (Mant.5) / DEX14 (Mant.5) / POW14 (Mant.5)

MK: 90

It's heavier in MK and accumulation cost, but then you pay the accumulation once and once your defense is set you don't need to accumulate for it anymore.

LEIN KREN:

I don't thing an area attack without target choice really fits the "Ilmoran style". I'd add Target Choice and -2Ki (to keep the Ki cost identical) for a total of 150MK cost. It grants much greater tactical value to the technique.

Apart from these two comments (which are personal likings more than anything else), really amazing job, guy!

NOW TO KORI NO JIGOKU:

KORI NO BUKI

My calculated Ki cost is as following:

CON10 (Mant.2) / POW10 (Mant.2) / WIL9 (Mant.3)

I'd lower the PhR to 100...so that it becomes:

CON9 (Mant.2) / POW9 (Mant.2) / WIL9 (Mant.2)

At high levels it won't be extremely effective but at low levels its still very powerful, can be "prepared" in 3 turns with Accumulation3 and above all its balanced and costs -5MK, which is always nice.

AISUAMA

I believe you miscalculated the cost...using a -2Ki Reduction (for a total MK cost of 50), the final cost is CON5(2)/POW5(2)/WIL5(2), according to my math...

SHADO NO HYO

Again, Ki cost according to my math is CON8/POW9/WIL8...I'd add -1Ki for +10MK and balance the cost.

FUYU NO HOYO

I'm pretty sure you cannot "bind" the elemental attack thing to the reflect attack one...but it's absolutely cool and makes sense, so I'd definitely allow it. Anyway, I'd only take +3 Additional Defenses, instead of +4: grants little less assistance, but allows complete balancing of the technique maintenance cost, which is important.

Anyway...even with +3Additional Defenses my final Ki cost is CON19(7)/POW19(7)/WIL18(7)...I don't know how you obtained that Ki cost...I'm adding 4Ki points (making it 20/20/20 and lowering the MK cost of -10).

REITO HAAKU

How about 2XPresence+PowBonus damage for this technique? Anyway...if you want to maintain the trap with STR16 on targets you must only pay the maintenance cost for the Trap (7ki)...I'd lower it to STR14, so that the maintenance cost goes down to 6 and is balanced. Anyway, even without touching your technique, the MK cost is wrong, the correct cost being 95MK...and I obtain the exact same Ki cost with STR14 instead of 16...so something is really strange...

KORI NO HONSHITSU:

You know I love balanced maintenance costs...I'd lower it to +2movement in order to have maintenance 2/2/2...anyway, the MK cost of the technique as you made it is 70 and not 60.

KURIZUMON YUKI:

The correct MK cost is 130. As for the Ki cost, you can pay it CON22/POW22/WIL22.

As a general comment: I liked some techniques more than others, but it's overall an interesting school (taxing on MK, but interesting) and I believe you're improving a lot in technique designing. Well...there are now a lot of Ice bases techniques around, are there not?

YES, YOU CAN READ IT AS "NO MORE ICE-BASED TECHNIQUES, PLEASE!" But don't worry about it...just make things you're interested in, I'll keep give an hand.

Thanks for the help Elric. Hmm... guess exhaustion screwed up my thinking when calculating cost. But I'm techniqued out for the moment although I'm trying to create an impossible weapon Magnus that emulates Devil arms from Devil May Cry using Blood of the Great Beast, and the Transformation Magnus related to it....once done will post it in the Homebrewed Magnus thread.

after a few tries, i see what you did for windwalk. i had set my main ability as the increased movement. you set it as the bonus to athletics. thanks for fixing that.

for shadow strike you are right, its not very flavorful, ill put it to weapon damage.

the flavor i used for evisceration is because chakrams are low powered weapons compared to longswords, and against armor, damage is lowered even more(considering an average soldier vs an average armored soldier of course). Also i dont see how you are getting 12/13/13 with -1 ki, i can only find 13/13/13. Multi attack +40 has costs 10 or 13 with 8 as maintenance, and -7AT has costs 8 or 11 with 4 as maintenance, whichever effect comes first, the total cost will always be 21 ki(+ 12 maintenace). can you show me how you did it?

as for Rupture i have double checked and see how you have done it.

Ambush i thank you, i think i had something else on my mind when i was counting MK

------

i see your point if view for SPAAN VAHLOK and i feel i must agree with it. thanks for putting in your 0.02$

also for LEIN KREN, do you always have to bring up a good point? =_=

thanks for all the help, im sure you like my ideas? :D

Back to technique designing...I think I'm going to make a few "racial" techniques.

The book has quite a few Duk'Zarist fire-based techniques and if you look a bit back I made a couple for Sylvain as well as my Dvergr and Fafnr race, back in the past (Celestial Maidens, Metallum, and Song of Fire and Ice respectively).

Also, by careful study of the books I decided The Chains school was created by Vetala (unhuman origins + dark chains <->Dark Natured Being + used stats + chains <-> slave/slaver + a Vetala on "Those who walked us" is clearly using it).

On the Spanish forum I found a technique that opportunely modified proved perfect for Tuan'Dalyr and my Okami (no, since the original idea isn't mine I'm not going to post it).

This time here we have Jayan. Since most Jayan fighters are supposedly Warriors/Weapon Master, the techniques had to be "light" on Ki and MK to be used by those classes rather than full fledged technicians. The first two techniques were taken from Nahimana's Anima Tactics game card...the rest are pure fantasy. Of course used stats include Str and Con (which are Jayan points of strength) and then Dex, because fighting classes tend to keep it high anyway.

A’ENE’XOVE-AMET (FOREVER FIGHT):
Due to their exceptional physical capacities Jayan were often used by other races as slaves. Nevertheless resistance against oppression never stopped and the powerful leaders of this proud race developed this five techniques to gain an edge on the battlefield, especially against mystic opponents. The aim of this techniques was being learned and used by as many fighters as possible, hence they are relatively simple and not spiritually consuming. Although created by the Jayan, this school was passed between slaves, so nowadays there are a few users of it even among other races, including mostly humans.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 180.

ISI-GA-LU
Level 1
Isi-Ga-Lu greatly strengthens the impact of a Jayan horned charge, sending the opponent flying. This technique allows its user to make a single Charge Attack delivering an Impact with an equivalent Strength of 12.
Effects: Impact12, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Condition (Charge).
STR3 / DEX3 / CON3
MK: 20

U-YO-TSV-HI
Level 1
By striking at an opponent the Jayan charges his third eye with ki that is projected as a deadly ray within a short distance. This technique allows its user to make an additional independent penalty free Distance Attack with a range of 10m and Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus +40. This technique can only be used in a turn during which the user hit an opponent with his main Attack.
Effects: +1Additional Limited Attack, 10m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage), +40Damage.
Disadvantages: Condition (Must hit with main Attack).
STR5 / DEX5 / CON5
MK: 20

SGILI-O-YOI
Level 2
Designed specifically to interrupt any kind of witchcraft used by the enemies of the Jayan, which most often deployed their mystically doted fighters to stop insurrection, Sgili-O-Yoi became a much feared technique among the slavers. This technique allows its user to make an attack with a +40Attack Bonus that if it deals damage obliges the opponent to make a PhR check against a difficulty equal to suffered Damage +80, or have all maintained Techniques, Spells, and/or Psychic Powers immediately dispersed. This technique can be used in a fight only after an enemy has used any kind of a Supernatural Ability.
Effects: +40Attack, Damage+80 Interruption (Ki & Magic & Psychic), -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Condition (Concrete Movement-After an opponent uses a Supernatural Ability), No Defense.
STR8 / DEX8 / CON8
MK: 40

AYO-HU-HISDI-HALE-WI-STA
Level 2
By summoning both spiritual and physical strength, the user of this technique creates a barrier surrounding his body, granting it an unbreakable endurance as well as protection against attacks coming from any direction. This technique grants its user an Unmodified AT value of 4 and a Damage Barrier of 40, and allows him to defend as if using a Supernatural Shield with 500 Resistance Points. This technique can be maintained through following turns and the Shield recovers 100 Resistance Points each time the Maintenance cost is paid. This technique has the Predetermined disadvantage and using it requires spending 6 Fatigue Points in addition to accumulated Ki.
Effects: 500Resistance Points Supernatural Shield (Regeneation100), AT4 (Unmodified), Maintained.
Disadvantages: Predetermined, -6Fatigue.
STR12 (Mant.3) / DEX11 (Mant.3) / CON12 (Mant.3)

DA-NA-WA
Level 3
While keeping active the protection of Ayo-Hu-Hisdi-Hale-Wi-Sta, the users of A’ene’xove Amet can consume even more physical and spiritual energy to enter a frightful battle-crazed state that turns them into avatars of war itself, terrifying destroyer behemoths. This technique allows its user to make up to 4 penalty free Attacks per turn with a bonus of +50 to both his Attack roll and Base Damage. This technique can be maintained through following turns. This technique has the Predetermined advantage, can be used only while the Ayo-Hu-Hisdi-Hale-Wi-Sta technique is maintained, and using it requires spending 4 Fatigue Points in addition to accumulated Ki.
Effects: +50Attack, +50Damage, +3Additional Attacks, Maintained.
Disadvantages: Predetermined, -4Fatigue, Level2 Maintained Technique (Ayo-Hu-Hisdi-Hale-Wi-Sta).
STR17 (Mant.5) / DEX16 (Mant.5) / CON17 (Mant.5)
MK: 60

Hope you like it...next will be Daimah, Devah, Dan'Jayni, Ebudan...then my other races...

Daimah are on the way!

NEKOKEN:
Created by a Daimah martial artist, Nekoken was originally designed to be used in combination with martial arts and Daimah’s own natural weapons, but was later adapted to more fighting styles. Most martial artists believe it was strongly influenced by Wushu although it’s more accurate to affirm that Wushu was developed using Nekoken as a starting point. The greatest difference among the two fighting styles is that Nekoken is entirely based on maintained techniques.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 370

CUTSLAP
Level 1
Said to have served as a base for the developing of Cat’s Punch in Wushu, Catslap allows its user to unleash a devastating flurry of relatively weak blows. This technique grants its user five additional penalty free Attacks with halved Base Damage. The technique can be maintained through following turns.
Effects: +5Additional Limited Attacks, Maintained, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Half Damage.
DEX8 (Mant.2) / AGI8 (Mant.2) / POW8 (Mant.2)
MK: 50

CAT’S REFLEXES
Level 1
With complete control and perception of the ground under their foot, the users of this technique greatly increase their reflexes, allowing improved evasion of multiple attacks and increasing chances of taking opponents by surprise. This technique grants its user up to three penalty free Defense roll per turn with a +50 Dodge bonus, as well as a bonus of +50 to the Initiative. This technique can be maintained through following turns.
Effects: +2Additional Defenses, +50Dodge, +50Initiative, Maintained, -2Ki.
Disadvantages: Determined terrain (On Ground).
DEX7 (Mant.2) / AGI7 (Mant.2) / POW7 (Mant.2)

SEVEN LIVES
Level 2
It is told that cats have seven lives and masters of this techniques seem to have just as many, since their image gives birth to six mirror images that attack with the intensity of an illusion deceiving all five senses of the victim. This technique creates 6 mirror images of the character which cannot be detected even by Ki Detection, until a difficulty of 320 is achieved, and that attack using the rules for Ghostly Illusions against those who don’t pass a PsR check of 240. This technique can be maintained through following turns.
Effects: 6 Mirror Images (Undetectable320, Ghostly Illusions PsR240), Maintained, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: -.
DEX12 (Mant.4) / AGI12 (Man.4) / POW12 (Mant.4)
MK: 80

CATEYES
Level 2
Once a domine has acquired the reflexes of a cat, the next step is acquiring its keen perception, seeing in darkness and becoming able to see the supernatural world, as well as becoming almost impossible to take by surprise. This technique grants its user immunity to Surprise as well as the Night Vision and See Supernatural creature powers. This technique can be maintained through following turns. This technique can only be used while the Cat’s Reflexes technique is maintained.
Effects: Complete Prevision, Night Vision, See Supernatural, Maintained, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Level 1 Maintained Technique (Cat’s Reflexes).
DEX10 (Mant.2) / AGI10 (Mant.2) / POW10 (Mant.2)
MK: 70

TORA NO KOKORO
Level 3
“The cats were created so that man can caress a tiger” is an ancient saying in Baho. Tora No Kokoro makes quite the opposite, turning the docile cat into a raging tiger of destruction. The user of the technique must have synchronized both his reflexes and senses with those of a cat and must feel his life is in great danger to become able to use this technique. This technique allows its user to make a single Attack each turn with a bonus of +90 to the Attack roll and +100 to the Base Damage, ignoring up to 8 points of the target’s AT. This technique can be maintained through following turns. This technique can only be used while the Cateyes techniques are maintained and only while the user’s current Life Points are equal or lower than one quarter of his maximum Life Points.
Effects: +90Attack, +100Damage, -8AT, Maintained, -3Ki.
Disadvantages: Level2 Maintained Technique (Cateyes), Limit Condition (A Quarter Life Points).
DEX20 (Mant.6) / AGI20 (Mant.6) / POW20 (Mant.6)
MK: 120

Next either Ebudan and/or D'Anjayni...

Ebudan came first after all...

TENSHI NO TAMAGO:
Tenshi No Tamago is a school relying essentially on spiritual energy to extend the area of effect of a weapon’s slash and is used only the Ebudan, with few notable exceptions, mainly because all of its techniques can only be performed while flying.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 435

BLUE STORM
Level 1
This attack puts the rage of the wind on a single weapon slash allowing it to strike farther and with greater Impact. This technique allows its user to make a single Distance Attack with a range of 20m and a bonus to the Attack Roll and Base Damage of +50. This technique can only be performed while flying.
Effects: 20m Distance Attack, +50Attack, +50Damage, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Condition (Flying).
DEX5 / POW5 / WIL6
MK: 45

ENERGY WAVE
Level 1
With a quick spin around himself the Ebudan projects a lethal blow around himself affecting everyone fool enough to challenge his power. This technique allows its user to make a single attack affecting all individuals within 25m of him with a bonus of +50 to its Base Damage. This technique can only be performed while flying.
Effects: +25m Area Attack, +50Damage, -1Ki.
DEX5 / POW4 / WIL4

DREAM BLADE
Level 2
Dreamblade is a powerful tool both for defending and retaliating. The weapon held by the user seems to dance around him blocking unerringly all incoming attacks rendering their offence as ineffective as if they were having a bad dream, and allowing the user to get a favorable position for a counterattack. This technique grants its user a +75 Bonus to all Block rolls made each turn and in case of obtaining a Counterattack, a bonus of +75 to its Attack roll. This technique is sustained for 5 turns after its use without having to pay any maintenance cost. This technique can only be performed while flying.
Effects: +75Complete Block, +75Counterattack, Lesser Sustenance.
DEX18 / POW19 / WIL18
MK: 100

CHAOTIC ILLUSION
Level 2
Somewhat odd for a calm race like the Ebudan, Chaotic Illusion is used exactly performing the same move as for Energy Wave, but surprisingly deals no damage to its targets. Instead it creates an illusion consisting of a continuous whirlwind of blades identical to that used by the Ebudan that start to stab at the targets chosen by him, causing them pain and sometimes even killing them because of heart failure. This technique allows its user to make an attack affecting all individuals within 25m of him dealing no damage. Targets hit by the attack have to pass a PhR check against a difficulty of 160 or be affected from the previously described Ghostly Illusion for a number of minutes equal to the failure level. This technique can only be performed while flying.
Effects: 25m Area Attack, Supernatural State (PhR160, Ghostly Illusion, Attack).
Disadvantages: Condition (Flying), No Damage.
DEX12 / POW12 / WIL12

LORD OF THE WIND
Level 3
Rarely learned, since it requires being able to fly into a storm and a huge amount of spiritual energy, Lord of The Wind, gathers all principles of Tenshi no Tamago into a single devastating technique giving the absolute advantage in aerial space, bending the storm to each and every single slash of the user. This technique grants its user the ability to have all his attacks affect all chosen targets within 100m as well as a bonus of +50 to all Attack rolls and doubling the Base Damage of all his attacks. This technique is sustained for a whole minute after it’s used, time during which no other technique can be used. This technique can only be used while flying in the presence of at least 8 Wind Intensities.
Effects: 100m Real Area Attack (Target Choice), +50Complete Attack, 2X Real Damage, Major Sustenance.
Disadvantages: Elemental Requirement (8Wind Intensities), Overcharge (20Turns), Condition (Flying).
DEX44 / AGI24 / POW44 / WIL44
MK: 200

And last but not least for today, here is a D'Anjayni school...more based on control of the surrounding than real fight...after all, I wanted something really "special" for this interesting race.

ANANSI’S TRAPS:
Created by a great D’Anjayni domine, Anansi’s Traps are techniques designed to win a battle without even entering combat. While the most basic are simple but proficient killing techniques, it’s the most advanced ones that really represent the spirit of the school, since they are not even recognizable as an attack.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 450

DEATHSTAB
Level 1
A complex assassination technique, Deathstab deals a blow from a completely unpredictable direction, charging it with strong lethal energies. This technique allows its user to make an attack as if using a weapon with the Complex rule, with doubled Base Damage. The target of this attack will need to perform a Notice Check against a difficult of Almost Impossible (240) or suffer the Surprise penalty to his Defense roll.
Effects: Disguised Attack (240), 2XDamage, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Complex.
DEX8 / CON8 / WIL8

OUT OF THE WAY
Level 1
A simple defensive technique that consists in a defensive teleport movement, just as out of the harm way as possible. This technique grants its user a bonus of +40 to a single Dodge roll, that is followed by an automatic transport movement of up to 250m. No counterattack can be made after a successful dodge performed through the use of this technique.
Effects: +40Limited Dodge, 250m Automatic Transport, -1Ki.
DEX6 / CON6 / WIL6

SWEET DREAMS
Level 2
Without performing any movement, without even menacing an attack, the user of this technique releases a ki discharge through the ground that shocks all surrounding bystanders making them unconscious, so the user can act freely afterward. This technique obliges all individuals touching the same ground as the user and within 25m of him to pass a PhR check against a difficulty of 160 or become unconscious for a number of hours equal to their failure level.
Effects: Supernatural State (PhR160, Coma, 25mSurface).
Disadvantages: No Damage.
DEX19 / CON19 / WIL19
MK: 95

ANANSI’S WEB
Level 2
This technique projects around the user a spider-like cobweb of energy that traps the opponents’ souls, freezing them in place. This technique allows its user to make a penalty free Trap Attack affecting all individuals within 25m of him dealing no damage but with an equivalent Strength of 16, which the opponents must oppose using their Power characteristic. The trap effect on targets can be sustained through the following five turns without paying any maintenance cost.
Effects: 25m Area Attack, Trap16 (Existential Trap), Lesser Sustenance (Trap Effect on Targets).
Disadvantages: No Damage.
DEX13 / CON13 / WIL13
MK: 75

ANANSI’S PROGENY
Level 3
Quite clearly designed for D’Anjayni exclusive use, Anansi’s Progeny is another insidious technique usable even while not fighting at all by those whose appearance has been modified beyond recognition (it was designed to be used in combination with the D’Anjayni ability to steal others’ faces). It slowly lowers the physical and mental barriers of the opponents making them more susceptible to both illusions and physical shocks, all the while releasing twenty-five perfect ki-copies of the assassin that wreak havoc among the enemies. This technique obliges all individuals touching the same ground as the user and within 25m of him to pass two PhR check against a difficulty of 200. Failure of the first check causes a PhR reduction equal to the failure level, while failure of the second check causes a PsR reduction equal to the failure level. Meanwhile the technique creates 25 mirror images of the character which cannot be detected even by Ki Detection, unless a difficulty of 440 is achieved, and that attack using the rules for Ghostly Illusions against those who don’t pass a PsR check against a difficulty of 240. The effects of this technique can be maintained through the following turns. This technique requires the user to be disguised beyond recognition and to Sacrifice 100 Life Points in addition to accumulated ki. This technique has the Predetermined disadvantage.
Effects: Supernatural State (PhR200, PhR reduction & PsR reduction, 25mSurface), 25Mirror Images (Undetectable440, Ghostly PhR240), Maintained.
Disadvantages: Requirement (Completely Disguised), Predetermined, -100Life Points.
DEX41 (Mant.10) / CON41 (Mant.10) / WIL41 (Mant.10)

Devah...somewhat similar to Solomon techniques... Devah look the kind of race that would spawn technician with Attack/Defense 0...

BODHISATTVA:
One of the very few fighting techniques expressively developed by the Devah, Bodhisattva is based on the use of spiritual energy to substitute combat prowess with a sequence of flawless attacks. The only problem of this techniques is that their absolute perfection tends to make them predictable at the same time. Although designed to be used with the third eye, they can be learned by other races, that make use of the normal eyes to project the energy.
Techniques: 6 Total MK: 600.

THIRD SIGHT
Level 1
A ray of intense light is projected from Devah’s third eye strikes at an opponent with absolute precision. This technique allows its user to make a Distance Attack with a range of 50m, a Predetermined Attack Value of 240, and a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus.
Effects: 50m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus), Predetermined Attack 240.
AGI7 / POW7 / WIL7
MK: 30

GOD STEP
Level 1
A protective shield is projected by the eye, while the body of the user is instantly moved somewhere else. This technique allows its user to make a single Predetermined Defense roll of 240 accompanied by an automatic transport movement of up to 100m.
Effects: 100m Automatic Transport, Predetermined Defense 240.
AGI8 / POW8 / WIL8

VOID EYE
Level 2
Vast group of opponents are rarely composed of powerful fighters and void eye is a perfect attack technique dealing death and destruction within a vast area, although it’s not really effective against the best opponents. This technique allows making a single attack against all chosen opponents within 500m with a Predetermined Attack Value of 320 and a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus +50.
Effects: 500m Area Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage), Predetermined Attack (320), +50Damage.
AGI15 / POW15 / WIL15

SAFE ZONE
Level 2
Allowing to keep a position against a furious attack, Safe Zone extends a powerful unerring shied from the third eye of the user to the surrounding area. This technique allows its user to make up to 9 Predetermined Defense rolls of 320 against attacks directed to any target within 10m of the user.
Effects: 10m Area Block, Predetermined Defense (320), +8Additional Defenses.
AGI13 / POW13 / WIL13

DEATH FROM NOWHERE
Level 3
A most terrifying killing technique designed for long range battles, where it can shoot from a safe place four lethal energy rays that strike the opponents with almost perfect precision dealing a ki release that is almost sure to kill the opponent. The security distance is very handy since the use of this technique leaves the user completely unprotected and exhausted. This technique allows its user to deal 4 Distance Attacks with a range of 100m, a Predetermined Attack value of 440, and a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus. Targets hit by these attacks must pass a PhR check against a difficulty of 200 or die immediately. This technique has the Predetermined disadvantage and does not allow a character to defend in the same turn he releases it. After using this technique, the user suffers a -150 All Action Penalty that recovers at a rate of -5 per turn.
Effects: +3Attacks, 100km Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage), Predetermined Attack (440), Supernatural State (PhR200, Death, Attack).
Disadvantages: -150 All Action Penalty, Predetermined, No Defense.
AGI44 / POW45 / WIL44

TOTAL REBOUND
Level 3
An extremely efficient defensive technique, Total Rebound sacrifices some life energy to generate a strong and regenerating energy shield that stops attack absolutely unerringly and backlashes absorbed impacts to opponents. This technique allows its user to defend as if using a Supernatural Shield with 1250 Resistance Points and a Predetermined Defense value of 440. Attacks stopped by the shield are reflected against the offender with the same Final Attack value scored by the offender. This technique can be maintained through following turns and the Supernatural Shield recovers 500 Resistance Points each time the maintenance cost is paid. Using this technique requires the user to Sacrifice 25 Life Points in addition to accumulated ki.
Effects: 1250Resistance Points Energy Shield (Regeneration500), Predetermined Defense (440), Reflect Attack, Maintained.
Disadvantages: -25Life Points.
AGI36 (Mant.11) / POW35 (Mant.11) / WIL36 (Mant.11)
MK: 150

And Aah Chiinches (look at New Races to know what I'm talking about) are unable to talk and communicate between themselves by concepts. Don't get afraid at the 850MK cost...its a recollection of ALL techniques used by the Aah Chiinche, so there's no-one probably using them all.

“CONCEPTS OF BATTLE”:
“Concepts of Battle” is a raw translation of a group of Aah Chiinches’ fighting techniques developed through the centuries by the best defenders of their city-swarms. Since the communication between Aah Chiinches is not oral such techniques don’t have real names but are rather taught as “concepts” which are roughly translated as human words. Due to the secluded life conducted by Aah Chiinches communities it’s no wonder such techniques are only mastered at the moment by the insectoids themselves.
Techniques: 9 Total MK: 850.

“GOOD ATTACK”
Level 1
The first concept of Aah Chiinche’s fighting styles is actually similar to that of base techniques of most schools, being substantially a ki empowered strike. This technique allows its user to make an Attack with a +75 Attack roll bonus.
Effects: +75Attack, -1Ki.
STR4 / DEX4 / AGI4

“GOOD CHANCE”
Level 1
A bit more complex is the second concept learned by Aah Chiinches’ domine. For this pragmatical race, a simple successful block does not resolve a fight, hence the need to combine a ki powered block with a strong counterattack. This technique allows its user to make a single Block roll with a +40Block bonus. In case a counterattack is achieved, it gains a bonus of +50 to the Attack value.
Effects: +40Block, +50Counterattack, -2Ki.
STR4 / DEX4 / AGI4

“REACT”
Level 1
The third fighting concept is all about reacting fast against unpredicted attacks and grants Aah Chiinche the ability to better oppose such quick attacks and even withstand blows. This technique halves penalties to Defense from Surprise and allows the character to make Active Actions even after being put at Defense. This technique can only be used in a turn the Aah Chiinche is taken by surprise by an opponent.
Effects: Recover Action, Half Prevision, -2Ki.
Disadvantages: Circumstance (Surprised).
STR5 / DEX5 / AGI5

“AMBUSH”
Level 2
A slightly more complex concept, Ambush consists in performing a lightning-fast maneuver to surpass the opponent’s defenses. This technique grants its user a bonus of +100Initiative and allows him to make a single attack with a +100 Attack bonus.
Effects: +100Attack, +100Initiative, -1Ki.
STR8 / DEX8 / AGI8
MK: 60

“HARD”
Level 2
A powerful defensive maneuver, Hard is a concept based on granting survival through increased resilience and the ability to stop attacks with increased ability, although it has the main flaw that increased resilience is not effecting against energy based attacks. This technique grants its user an Unmodified AT value of 6 against all physical attacks and a bonus of +25 to all block rolls. This technique can be maintained through the following truns.
Effects: AT6 (Unmodified, Physical), +25 Complete Block, Maintained, -2Ki.
STR12 (Mant.3) / DEX12 (Mant.3) / AGI12 (Mant.3)

“CRUSH”
Level 2
Some opponents are simply too hard for common attacks, and that’s where the Crush concept comes in handy, charging with ki a single blow by the Aah Chiinche so it can easily inflict aggravated damage even on very big and hard targets. This technique allows making an attack with a +100Attack Bonus and tripled Base Damage.
Effects: +100Attack, X3Damage, -2Ki.
STR12 / DEX12 / AGI12

“FURY”
Level 3
Fury is a battle concept that is hardly learned by the calm-natured and quiet Aah Chiinches but at the same time one of their three most powerful ki techniques, inducing a strong ki-mediated metabolic acceleration that allows the insectoid to release an unstoppable sequence of desperately powerful blows. This technique allows its user to make 11 attacks with doubled Base Damage. The targets of such attacks won’t be able to counterattack until the user has completed such attack sequence.
Effects: +10Additional Limited Attacks (Continuous), 2XReal Damage, -4Ki.
STR20 / DEX20 / AGI20
MK: 170

“RETALIATE”
Level 3
An extremely enhanced version of Good Chance, Retaliate is the definitive Aah Chiinche defensive fighting style, consisting in a combat position that allows defending with great efficiency and striking back each time with absolute precision, although it imposes a rather annoying stress on the insectoid body that suffers damage from performing this technique. This technique allows its user to make up to 5 penalty free Attacks each turn as well as up to 5 penalty free Blocks with a +125 Block roll bonus each turn. In case any of the 5 Attacks granted by this technique is used for a Counterattack action, they benefit from a +100Attack bonus. This technique can be maintained through following turns. Using this technique requires Sacrificing 25 Life Points in addition to accumulated ki.
Effects: +4Additional Attacks, +4Additional Defenses, +125Block, +100Counterattack, Maintained.
Disadvantages: -25Life Points.
STR36 (Mant.12) / DEX36 (Mant.12) / AGI36 (Mant.12)
MK: 150

“ERADICATE”
Level 3
A stronger concept than Crush with the same intent, Eradicate is the final technique designed to oppose huge monstrosities and supposedly invincible foes. This technique allows its user to make an attack with a +200 bonus to the Attack Roll and Base Damage multiplied by 4.
Effects: +200Attack, 4XDamage, -4Ki.
STR16 / DEX16 / AGI16

Contiuing with my races there are still Eldeofol, Trold, and Star Children...as soon as I have time.

The Eldeofol techniques are here...I like their design: simple and smashing...that's how Orks should work, ain't I right?

GREENSTORM:
Eldeofol are not exactly a refined race and their fighting strategies don’t usually include much the supernatural…still Greenstorm is a fighting style developed by them and based on overwhelming the opponent with superior strength, which is after all their biggest advantage. Few fighters in Hauffman have also learned and passed through generations this fighting style.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 400.

THE PUNCH
Level 1
The base offensive technique of Greenstorm is The Punch, creating a green fist-shaped aura around the Eldeofol’s weapon that strikes at the opponent with great strength. This technique allows its user to make an attack with doubled Base Damage.
Effects: 2XDamage, -1Ki.
STR4 / CON4 / WIL4
MK: 35

THE HUG
Level 1
A giant Eldeofol-shaped aura surrounds the user and hugs the opponent and blocking it in place. This technique allows its user to make a penalty-free Trap Attack with halved Base Damage and an equivalent Strength of 12 which must be opposed by the opponent using the Power characteristic. The trap effect on the target can be maintained by paying the technique’s maintenance cost.
Effects: Trap12 (Existential), Maintained (trap effect on target), -2Ki.
Disadvantages: Half Damage.
STR5 (Mant.2) / CON5 (Mant.2) / WIL5 (Mant.2)

THE STOP
Level 2
By concentrating all ki into his chest, the Eldeofol makes it unbreakable. Then he moves it to intercept any incoming attacks, which he stops with extreme ease. This technique grants its user the ability to make up to 9 penalty free Blocks per turn with a +125 bonus in a single turn.
Effects: +125Block, +8Additional Defenses, -1Ki.
STR11 / CON11 / WIL11

THE CHOMP
Level 2
A giant Eldeofol maw made of pure physical energy appears and follows this attack making its effects terrifyingly excruciating for the target. This technique allows its user to make an attack with a bonus of +100 to the Attack Roll and to the Base Damage. In case a Critical is scored, a +100 bonus is applied to the Critical Level. This technique requires its user to spend 4 Fatigue Points and Sacrifice 50 Life Points in addition to accumulated ki.
Effects: +100Attack, +100Damage, +100Critical, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: -4Fatigue, -50Life Points.
STR17 / CON17 / WIL17

THE GREEN SMASH
Level 3
This devastating attack can be summoned only when the user is completely desperate, being on the brink of death and unleashes a terrifying shockwave from the user’s weapon powered both by his spiritual and physical energy.
Effects: 50m Area Attack, +200Damage, 4XDamage, Impact20, -2Ki.
Disadvantages: -6Fatigue, Limit Condition (Negative Life Points).
STR23 / CON23 / WIL23

Elric, I've probably said it before, but I'll say it again (if I've said it before): You, my good man, are made of WIN!!

Seriously, who else in their right mind would make those techniques, anyway?

i dare say we will have nearly every possible technique created by the time this thread is maxed.

and to contribute to that concept, i have finished rounding off another musically based tech tree, it has some unusual flavor text, feel free to ignore it. and as usual, most of my stuff is a little rough around the edges, i look forward to having it all deconstructed and respliced as usual.

ANDREW WK
;';';';';

this set of techniques is very little known, and in fact the name itself seldom brings to mind a set of techniques, but instead the name of a traveling performer. and in fact, not one performer either: andrew wk was in fact a persona passed on from one gifted individual to another over a long period of time. whether there is still someone alive today who carries this title or not is unkown, but the technique tree these performers put together has found its way into the hands of a few knowledgable practitioners. a distinctly offensive style and also a versatile one, formed originally to protect oneself when visiting dangerous wildernesses, or fending off disgruntled patrons. all of the following techniques are acompanied by loud, fast drums and bazaar synthetic sounding piano cords.

party hard

allowing a rush of spiritual energy suffuse them, the performer rides a 'sugar high' of spiritual energy, allowing them to make two extra quick attacks and move much faster than normal. this technique can be maintained for 4 ki a round.
MK 30 level 1

con 5 maint 2
agi 6 maint 2

effects: +2 limited additional attacks, +2 movement increase, maintained

mark my grace

creating a barrier of solidified sound, the user forms a shield that can be used to protect them. the shield also regenerates slightly every round it is maintained
MK 35 level 1

pow 5 maint 3
str 6 maint 2

effects: energy shield [500lp, 40db, regen 100]

get ready to die

condensing positive emotions into a beam of light and then firing it at a target with disturbing resolve. this beam overwhelms the targets senses with maniacle laughter, and they must make a physical resistance check or be subjected to the terror state. this attack can strike the supernatural, is light element aligned, and uses the energy attack type: causing damage equal to twice the users pressence plus their power bonus.
MK 95 level 2

agi 9
pow 11
str 9
con 11

effects: terror state (phr 140), 150 foot long distance attack, elemental (light), supernatural attack
advantages: reduction of ki (-3 pow)

tear it up

a loud and messy technique that batters the target with an eruption from the ground or a nearby structure. the user strikes the ground or a wall and a glowing crack quickly rushes along the surface towards the target before exploding into a replicant hand that strikes with such force that it busts through many layers of armor. this attack does not allow retaliation in the form of a counterattack.
MK 60 level 2

str 9
pow 11
agi 10

effects: damage multiplier x2 (single), armor penetration -5AT, indirect attack

the end of our lives

the final technique of andrew wk, and a taxing ability indeed. the character concentrates his energy into himself and lets it explode out in a toxic fashion. with a loud joyous screem the user bombards all opponents in range with caustic energy, dealing damage equal to twice his pressence plus his power bonus on the energy table... but it isn't over yet. all those struck by the attack must make a physical resistance check or take twice their failure in damage. although, to use this technique the practitioner must predetermine his ki accumulation, and is overloaded for half a minute and unable to use ki until that time ends.
MK 145 level 3

agi 10
pow 19
str 14
con 11

effects: 80 foot area attack (target choice), double damage state (phr 200), supernatural attack
advantages: reduction of ki (-5 con)
disadvantages: predetermination, overload (5 turns)

To Xamusel: I...take it as a compliment, although I don't know the real meaning of what you've written...thanks!

To Brewmaster: long time since last time you posted something and it's really cool...I have my opinion about Ki cost...all considered the best three stats for this school are DEX / CON / POW

Party Hard:

Add -1Ki

Dex5(1) / Con6(2) / Pow6(1)

MK40

Mark My Grace:

Add -1Ki to the mix and note how the Maintenance cost complements that of "Party Hard" assuring a balanced ki expense by the character.

Dex6(2) / Con6(1) / Pow6(2)

MK45

Get Ready to Die:

Dex13 / Con13 / Pow13

MK95

Tear It Up:

Add -1Ki and the cost will balance that of "Party Hard" like this.

Dex11 / Con10 / Pow10

MK70

The End of Our Lives:

Ok...this time the "problem of ki balancing" cannot be solved unless you add another stat to the mix. No Ki Reduction at all...

Dex19 / Con19 / Pow19

Like this with Accumulation=7 on Dex, Con, and Pow you can make level1 techniques in 1 turn, level 2 in 2 turns and level 3 in 3 turns...which is fair enough...and the total MK cost goes down to 350.

Anyway,,,lovely school!

I just recalculated the cost of "Get Ready to Die" with just -2Ki modifier it gets to Dex12/Con12/Pow12, with a total MK cost of 85.

At this point I'd reccomend adding -3Ki to The End of Our Lives so that it gets to DEX18/CON18/POW18 and the whole school can be used proficiently with Accumulation 6 on the three stats...getting the cost to MK130, of course. Oh, and yes...there is no other stat added to the mix, actually...don't bother about it...

And Trold (again look at Homebrewed Races for a reference) have their stuff. They have -1Dex and Agi, so they naturally have lower attack/defense than opponents. Their techniques are designed to make-up for that by giving bonus to them and inflicting penalties to opponents. I hope you like them. I'm pretty satisfied with the final MK cost being lower than 400, which for my standards is an achievement as of itself.

SWAMPATTACK:
Being a reclusive and non-aggressive race, Trold were never too much into ki use. Still few young adventurer fighters existed and when they got back to their swamp villages they introduced other youngsters to Swampattack, a group of techniques designed for better defending the settlements against human bandits and other threats. Few members of other races were also thought these techniques as a sign of respect and trust by the Trold. Since Trold tend to lack agility in combat, techniques from this school make up for such disadvantage either bestowing their capabilities or weakening the opponents. Since Trold tend to ignore suffered wounds, the school does not include defensive maneuvers.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 370.

POISONOUS TOUCH
Level 1
Imitating the poisonous touch of frogs from swamps of the New Continent, Poisonous Touch causes the opponents to wither in pain with the slightest scratch, making it very difficult for them to fight. This technique allows its user to make a single attack that if it hits the target, it must pass a PhR check against a difficulty of 120 or suffer from Extreme Pain for a number of minutes equal to the failure level. The effects of this technique can be combined with those of other combinable techniques.
Effects: Supernatural State (PhR120, Extreme Pain, Attack), Combinable.
STR6 / POW7 / WIL7

TERRIFYING TOUCH
Level 1
Similar to the previous technique, Terrifying Touch imitates the effects of some mind-altering fungus from the swamps Trold live in, inducing an unconstrained terror to those affected by it. This technique allows its user to make a single attack that if it hits the target it must pass a PhR check against a difficulty of 120 or suffer from Terror for a number of minutes equal to the failure level. The effects of this technique can be combined with those of other combinable techniques.
Effects: Supernatural State (PhR120, Extreme Pain, Attack), Combinable.
STR7 / POW6 / WIL7

WASP MUD
Level 2
One of the few non-combinable techniques from Swampattack, Wasp Mud acquires a single opponent as target and dooms it making it much easier for the Trold to strike him or her for the rest of their lives. The technique takes its name by some particular mud from the swamps that attracts the terrifying giant wasps and which stench cannot be washed away, meaning actually an eternal curse as far as the unfortunate person remains in the swamp. This technique allows its user making an attack with a +50 that if it hits the opponent, grants a bonus of +50 to all following attacks directed against the same target.
Effects: +50Attack, Major Seal (Eternal), -1Ki.
STR10 / POW10 / WIL10

SWAMP BRAMBLE
Level 2
Swamp Brambles rise from the ground and confound the enemy, while inhibiting his movements. The Trold takes the opportunity to put the opponent at weapon’s point with extreme ease. This technique is one of the favourite by Trold both because of the extreme fighting advantage achieved and because it often brings the opponent to surrender which is considered the best outcome of a fight from such a non-aggressive race. This technique allows its user to make a single Attack with a +90Attack bonus. If the user of this techniques chooses to make a Put At Weapon’s Point Maneuver, the penalty for such maneuver is completely removed.
Effects: +90Attack, -100 Put At Weapon’s Point Maneuver.
STR10 / POW10 / WIL9

THE SWAMP THING
Level 3
Developed in order to improve the effectiveness of the first two techniques against powerful enemies, The Swamp Thing later on evolved into an extremely powerful fighting tool, relying on one of the Trold greatest advantages over most other intelligent races: their ability to breathe and move freely in water. This technique, which can be combined with the lower level ones, works over an area where opponents see a swamp raise and submerge them. While they feel choking, and find it hard to move, the Trold can strike at them relying on absolute advantage, leaving aside the possibility of defending. This technique allows its user to make a single attack affecting all chosen targets within 25m of him, with a +100Attack bonus and Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus. Targets hit by this attack must pass 2 consecutive PhR checks with a difficulty of 200. If they fail the first they suffer a PhR reduction equal to their failure level. If they fail the second, they are subject to the aforementioned Major Illusion for a number of minutes equal to the failure level. The effects of this technique can be combined with those of other techniques. This technique has the Predetermined Disadvantage and a character cannot defend in the same turn he performs this technique.
Effects: +100Attack, 25m Area Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus, Target Choice), Supernatural State (PhR200, PhR reduction & Major Illusion), Combinable.
Disadvantages: Predetermined, No Defense.
STR26 / POW26 / WIL26
MK: 160

Finally Star Children...here again a school for Attack-less Block-less technicians with predetermined effect maintained techniques.

GIFTS OF THE STARS:
Although substantially human, all Star Children have a slight modification in their DNA that allows the Mothership to track their movements and in case of need try and intervene in their favor. Unfortunately, such help can only be granted if the Star Child himself develops a proper ability to use and control the ki, since the accumulation by the user is usually enough to warp space and let the ultra-high technologies from the Mothership to slip through Imperium’s surveillance and briefly help the Children in need without revealing its nature to other unwanted eyes.
Techniques: 5 Total MK: 520.

SATELLITE SCANNER
Level 1
By concentrating his mind on the need of knowing the surrounding, the Star Child involuntarily activates the Satellite Scanner from the Mothership, becoming able to perceive clearly everything surrounding him. This technique grants its user the Night Vision, Radial Sight and See Supernatural special powers. This technique can be maintained through following turns. This technique can only be used by Star Children.
Effects: Night Vision, Radial Sight, See Supernatural, Maintained, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Requirement (Star Child).
CON7 (Mant.1) / POW6 (Mant.2) / WIL6 (Mant.2)

HOLOGRAM PROJECTOR
Level 1
When faced with overwhelming enemy numbers, the Star Child develops the ability to activate Mothership’s Hologram Projector, recreating six copies of the user and infused with its ki, allowing him to dissuade opponents from persecution. This technique allows its user to create 6 Mirror Images of himself, wich cannot be detected even with ki Detection until a Notice check of Almost Impossible (240) is passed and can attack using the rules for Ghostly Illusions against all those who don’t pass a PsR check with a difficulty of 180. This technique can be maintained through following turns. This technique can only be used by Star Children.
Effects: 6 Mirror Images (Undetectable240, Ghostly IllusionsPsR180), Maintained.
CON9 (Mant.4) / POW10 (Mant.3) / WIL10 (Mant.3)

HOMING LASER
Level 2
One of the two powerful attacks in a Star Child’s arsenal, this techniques involuntarily activates one of the Homing Lasers on the Motherships causing the light beam to strike down a very close opponent. This technique allows its user to make an additional penalty-free independent Energy Distance Attack with a range of 20m, a predetermined Attack final value of 320 and a Base Damage of 180. This technique can be maintained through following turns. This technique can only be used by Star Children and has the Predetermined disadvantage.
Effects: 20m Distance Attack, +1 Additional Limited Attack, Predetermined Attack 320, Damage Substitution 180, Supernatural Attack, Maintained, -1Ki.
Disadvantages: Requirement (Star Child), Predetermined.
CON24 (Mant.7) / POW24 (Mant.7) / WIL24 (Mant.7)
MK: 85

BLINK FIELD
Level 2
Developed by Star Children unable to counteract against multiple attacks, the Blink Field deployed by the Mothership keeps deconstructing and reconstructing the user allowing it to avoid incoming attacks. This technique grants its user 9 penalty free Defenses with a predetermined Defense roll of 320. This technique can be maintained through following turns. This technique can only be used by Star Children.
Effects: +8Additional Defenses, Predetermined Defense 320, Maintained, -2Ki.
CON18 (Mant.6) / POW18 (Mant.6) / WIL18 (Mant.6)

TACTICAL WARP
Level 3
Used only when the Star Child is in extremely grave danger, Tactical Warp focalizes most AI of the Mothership on perfectionating the Blink Field protocol, bringing it to absolute perfection. This technique allows its user to make an unlimited number of penalty-free defenses each turn with a Predetermined Defense value of 440. This technique can be maintained through following turns. This technique can only be used by Star Children, has the Predetermined disadvantage and can only be used while the Blink Field technique is maintained although it can later be maintained without need for it.
Effects: Unlimited Defenses, Predetermined Defense 440, Maintained.
Disadvantages: Requirement (Star Child), Predetermined, Level 2 Maintained Technique (Blink Field).
CON24 (Mant.8) / POW24 (Mant.8) / WIL24 (Mant.8)

INVINCIBLE ARMADA
Level 3
Incredibly energy draining, Invincible Armada is the final fighting technique used by the Star Children, a protocol used by the Mothership only under worst circumstances, when the life of the Star Child is seriously endangered. The Mothership itself, with its 1km diameter warps over the Star Child and begins a vast scale bombardment. Of course the Mothership remains there for a very little time, since the ki drain effect from this effect is incredible and remaining on low orbit for longer would mean revealing its presence. This technique allows its user to make six penalty-free Energy Distance Attack with a range of 500m affecting all individuals within 100m of the original targets, with a predetermined Attack final value of 440 and a Base Damage of 250. This technique can be maintained through following turns. This technique can only be used by Star Children and has the Predetermined disadvantage. This technique can only be used when the character has a quarter or less of his maximum Life Points.
Effects: 500m Distance Attack, 100m Area Attack, +5 Additional Attacks, Predetermined Attack 440, Damage Substitution 250, Supernatural Attack, Maintained.
Disadvantages: Requirement (Star Child), Predetermined, Limit Condition (A Quarter Life Points).
CON56 (Mant.17) / POW56 (Mant.17) / WIL55 (Mant.17)
MK: 195

*plants face into his desk*

That went worse than I thought. I actually meant that as a compliment.

Either way, whenever someone says that you are made of win, that's meant as a compliment.

Note that I don't know why I said the last part of that post.

and while posting drunk; thanks for the second opinion, its a help and stuff, i'll take it into consideration with utmost ferver as usual.

To Xamusel: It's ok, it's ok! I guessed it was a compliment, but English isn't my first language so some phrases are out of my range, but thanks to you now I know this phrase too...which is always good (Knowing > Not-Knowing)

To Vitty: You're welcome. Your tree was awesomely good, so working on it (and snatching it for my collection, of course) was a real pleasure.

Well, that's good. Hopefully you can learn a lot more than before, in any event.

For those who love Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, here is a HUGE school of techniques for Spiral Warriors. Spiral Warriors and their Gattai Magnus will be detailed in the "Homebrewed Advantages/Disadvantages" and "Homebrewed Magnus" threads respectively.

TENGEN TOPPA:
The power contained in evolution is immense and of all life forms on Gaia, humans are those with the greatest evolutionary potential, not having been created by any gods. Those who embrace the path of evolution and raise their spirit to the sky can feel the spiral power flowing through their veins and unleash a power that can pierce even the heavens, usually in the shape of massive drills. Very few practitioners of Tengen Toppa exist, since their power is considered a threat by Imperium itself, and are generally hunted down. Nevertheless from time to time a Spiral Warrior appears that innately develops the spiral powers.
Techniques: 6 Total MK: 700.

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM KICK
Level 1
Born from the self confidence of the Spiral Warrior, Who The Hell Do You Think I Am Kick is a devastating flying kick attack, smashing the target with all the strength of the user. This technique allows its user to make a Distance Attack using his own body as a Projectile with a range of 20m with a bonus of +90 to the Attack roll and Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus +50. This technique can only be used by Spiral Warriors.
Effects: 20m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage, Projection), +90Attack, +50Damage.
Disadvantages: Requirement (Spiral Warrior).
DEX8 / CON7 / POW8 / WIL8

HANDS OFF MY BELOVED LITTLE BROTHER PUNCH
Level 1
By focusing on protecting those dear to him, the Spiral Warrior learns how to deliver a massive punch sending flying the opponent. This technique allows its user to make an Attack with a +90Attack value and +75Base Damage, dealing an Impact with an Equivalent Strength of 12. This technique can only be used by Spiral Warriors.
Effects: +90Attack, +75Damage, Impact12.
Disadvantages: Requirement (Spiral Warrior).
DEX9 / CON9 / POW8 / WIL9

DOUBLE BOOMERANG SPIRAL
Level 2
Only while using Gattai the true power of a Spiral Warrior can be unleashed with powerful attacks such as Double Boomerang Spiral, a technique creating two gigantic boomerangs that cut through the enemies ignoring all but most powerful protections. This technique allows its user to make two Distance Attacks with a range of 100m affecting all targets within the trajectory with a +150Attack Bonus, ignoring up to 5 points of AT, with a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus. This technique can only be used by a Spiral Warrior using the Gattai Magnus.
Effects: +1 Additional Attack, 100m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage, Line of Destruction), +150Attack, -5AT.
Disadvantages: Requirement (Spiral Warrior), Generic Weapon Bond (Gattai).
DEX15 / CON15 / POW15 / WIL15

PERFECT COMBUSTION OF MANLY SOUL CANNONBALL ATTACK
Level 2
Perfect Combustion of Manly Soul Cannonball Attack is one of the strangest techniques usable by the Gattai form of Spiral Warriors. The fused warrior removes his own head, and a giant drill appears where the neck should be, than the head is thrown at the opponent. Although the head-drill misses most of the times, it digs underground and comes back from a completely unexpected angle at the confused opponent, literally digging through it and returning to the main body where it reattaches as if nothing happened. This technique allows its user to make a Distance Attack with a range of 100m with a +125Attack Bonus and Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus, quantity which is tripled. The target of this attack will need to perform a Notice Check against a difficult of Inhuman (320) or suffer the Surprise penalty to his Defense roll. This technique can only be used by a Spiral Warrior using the Gattai Magnus.
Effects: 100m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage), +125Attack, Disguised Attack (320), 3XDamage.
Disadvantages: Requirement (Spiral Warrior), Generic Weapon Bond (Gattai).
DEX16 / CON16 / POW16 / WIL16

GIGA DRILL MAXIMUM
Level 3
Used to face alone limitless numbers of extremely powerful enemies, Giga Drill Maximum produces immense drills of ki that surround the body of the Gattai blocking and reflecting opponents’ attacks and then protruding in a devastating, yet precise attack that destroys all foes within kilometers. This technique grants its user up to 11 penalty free Defense rolls with a +150Block roll bonus for an entire turn. Attacks blocked during this turn are reflected against the attackers with a final Attack value equal to that scored by the attacker. In case of redirected area attacks, the user of this technique can choose which targets are affected by the reflected attack. Moreover this technique allows its user to make a single Attack affecting all chosen targets within 5km of him with a +150Attack bonus and a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus +75. This technique can only be used by a Spiral Warrior using the Gattai Magnus. After using this technique the character suffers a -150 All Action Penalty that recovers at a rate of -5 per turn.
Effects: +10Defenses, +150Block, Reflect Attack (Target Choice), 5km Area Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage, Target Choice), +150Attack, +90Damage.
Disadvantages: Requirement (Spiral Warrior), Generic Weapon Bond (Gattai), All Action Penalty -150.
DEX29 / CON29 / POW29 / WIL30

GIGA DRILL BREAKER
Level 3
The ultimate attack of Spiral Warriors, Giga Drill Breaker is a technique so powerful it can slay even gods and one of the few attacks reported to have slain a Patriarchy from Imperium in the past. The Gattai throws two enormous boomerangs at the opponent as in Double Boomerang Spiral, but these simply pin the opponent in place. Then the right arm of the Gattai turns into a gigantic drill drives the Gattai toward the target and pierces through it with a burning explosion that leaves nothing but a few scattered remains of the unlucky opponent. This technique allows its user to make a Distance Attack using himself as projectile, with range 250m, a +200Attack Bonus, ignoring up to 8 points of the target’s AT, with a Base Damage equal to double the character’s Presence plus his Power Bonus, quantity which is tripled. If the attack deals any damage, its automatically considered to have scored a Critical and the Critical Level has a +200 bonus. This technique can only be used by a Spiral Warrior using the Gattai Magnus and has the Predetermined Disadvantage.
Effects: +200Attack, 250m Distance Attack (2XPresence+PowBonus Damage, Projection), 3XDamage, +200Critical (Automatic Critical), -8AT.
Disadvantages: Requirement (Spiral Warrior), Generic Weapon Bond (Gattai), Predetermined.
DEX33 / CON33 / POW33 / WIL32

For those who DON'T love Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann...well, you really should!