SacTown Mafia... the thread that cannot die!

By Black Sword, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

As the STM Ambassador and a member of the Kinggsguard, I cannot allow this new Metagame forum exist without the STM thread. It just isn't right.

.....Ah, how the times change...

Black Sword said:

.....Ah, how the times change...

too true. love to the stm from metasota. and if you see the kingg, slap him for me gui%C3%B1o.gif

Is this the part where we start posting about anything and everything as often as possible? **** I miss those guys.

...wow. This is kindda sad, and enough to make me want to cry...... ok not really, but it is really, really sad.

Screw the Doom of Valyria, what about the Doom of the West Coast? What the hell has happend out here? Is Threat still going strong?

We're still going. Recovering from the holidays, but should be up and running next week like normal.

Nice to see some folks still playing out there.

I don't know if Jen and I will ever be playing again. It's not hate for all the changes to the game, we'd probably like to just too much going on over here. Our schedules are still adjusting to having Jen's daughter with us full time, and the current economic effects on work and associated schedules there has pretty much killed any free time we have. Have yet to have even picked up the new Core Set or any of the packs, but I have been looking at em online and even itching a bit to see just what ideas I might be able to whip up out of them.

So yeah, just saying hi, and that we're here and mostly well. Not playing right now, and probably won't soon, but hopefully eventually. I doubt I can stay away forever. Just have to see what happens. We both miss seeing you all though, we've had some good times.

Hey everyone! Rave reporting for duty.
Adan, you just made me shed a tear. Just so you know, I'm ALWAYS down for Raven, or whatever online madness you've got going on.

Anybody playing Valkyria Chronicles for PS3? If not, check it out, you tabletop war miniature guys will especially dig it.

Heck, anyone playing ANYTHING on the playstation network?

Good to see some old faces on here BTW.

It does bring a possible tear to my eye considering that we've probably had the longest threads in AGoT board history.

Oh well. Things happen.

Just an FYI - I should be at Kubla this year, and would still love to see people!

rings said:

Just an FYI - I should be at Kubla this year, and would still love to see people!

I would love to be there, but since AGoT is the only game I play, that seriously depends on if the Threat guys decide to run AGoT at Kubla this year or not. Last I heard, they were leaning toward not doing it. With out powers combined, perhaps we can convince them into action?

Either way, I'll come visit you when you hold your regional and try to drag cha0s and a few others with me.

I am thinking about running something if no one else does as well. Nothing like Mr. Math would do, but Kubla could really be a good place to get new players.

Get some of SacTown going...they got nothing better to do ;)

Awesome... I'll see if I can stir up some interest down here as well. While everyone down here is pissed at FFG, some still have a soft spot in their hearts for the game and the friends.

Man this game not dead yet? *looks around* It seems that way to me. Oh Oh Rings you should run FMA! or if we do a AGoT, Do Classic would be nice, none of this new LCG bunch of bull. Heh they need to change that to a DCG, Dying card game. LoL

@Rings -- Love to buy you a drink at Kubla!! I will be there Friday evening, and Sunday...Maybe Monday... I have to work Saturday... sad.gif

@STM guys -- I'm going to be in SacTown for a training course March 9-11, 2009. GEG is running Clix and WM/Hordes those nights -- none of which I've played in over 2 years. It would be great to get together for a bite or a drink (I'll buy the first roud) and maybe even a game of something or other... I can even bring my GW mini stuff...

email me: adan "at" berkeley "dot" edu

Well whats up boys long time no see, i'm really thinking of playing at kubla, i just really need to sit down a brush up on rules and cycled cards. I hope to bring a little rep for the STM to kubla but i can pretty much garuntee we wont be seeing anyone else aside from mabey Brando there.

Get Jesse to go, dammit - and Rave since he owes us one for the car mishap or whatever :)

Would love to see people.

Alan - great to hear you will be there! Running Potter by any chance?

Come on Sactowners...let's rock! :)

Wow, seems like a lot has happened since I was last around. Well, thought I'd pop in because I had a random urge to actually start playing again now that I have free time... and because Kubla is right around the corner. Would be cool to see some old friends again, but it looks like we've pretty much all disappeared. What's this LCG nonsense about too?

Just and FYI but Mr. Letum has defected from the Threat meta and now lives in Sactown. Maybe he can get something going up there!?!?

Hey all! Don't worry, I plan on making it to Kubla to see you guys. If at the very least just sunday, if I can't get the time off for the rest of the weekend.

I probably wont have a deck, but I'm down to play whatever you guys have got!

I haven't been doing much game oriented lately, but I have been creating this cardgame based on Final Fantasy that I'll bring down to show you guys. I've got a blog on it too, that I've just started if anyone is interested in hearing more about it. (at fftcg.blogspot.com)

Anyone have want for the cards that were legal right before the switch to LCG? I was planning on ebaying mine, but I can hang onto them to cheaply sell to one of you guys at the con if you want them.

Anyone here play Warhammer Fantasy, I want to watch you play if you do!

â—Kefkaâ— said:

The minis or the old CCG? I could bring the CCG if anyone was interested in trying it out...actually it was pretty fun.

Will be good to see you!

rings said:

â—Kefkaâ— said:

The minis or the old CCG? I could bring the CCG if anyone was interested in trying it out...actually it was pretty fun.

Will be good to see you!

The mini's, I've had this itch to play some tabletop games lately, but I just can't get into any of the 40K factions (and I don't really have the funds to play either, right now)

I'd be down to see the CCG though, I didn't even know there was one.

It'll be good to see you too! It's been some time.

I will bring a couple of decks then!

Oh, and we can probably find that tabletop card minis game that people were playing at GenCon...gosh I can't think of the name...it really actually looked cool.

Anachronism right?

Dude, that game kicked so much ass. It lasted for 7 sets.

No he means Battleground it is essentially warhammer fanatasy but instead of minatures there are cards that contain the unit and the info about the unit that you need and they are lamenated in such away that you can keep track of unit health and other stats/effects on the card itself. Its fun (if you like warhammer) and is supposed to be for those that want to play that kind of game on the cheap and right out of the box.

Rings, i'm surprised you remembered it. ~I guess it was the last good memory before the finals that day.

When the STM dies, the will be a sad day.

Ronnie, as long as a youthful energy and curiousity exists in the hearts of man, the STM will never die.

Any of you guys want to help me playtest my Final Fantasy card game? I'm uploading demo decks for it soon.

If you do, it's at www.fftcg.blogspot.com

I also wanted to invite you guys over to my place to drink and play PS3. If you're down, text me or email me. Those are the best ways to reach me.