Arkham Horror Statistics Reports

By Tibs, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

Tibs will have to make a totally new table to incorporate that. On one side are the win/loss situations, and on the top the baddies.

Tibs, when posting stats, what do you do about those double or triple-reports that seem to be the same game by the same player(s), every detail looks to be exactly the same? Maybe they are actual report that just happened to go precisely in the same manner (same time frame, etc.), maybe they are reporting errors (double-click at the wrong time or something), I don't know.

Usually, when I catch those, I delete the extras. If you spot any that I may have missed, let me know.

I just noticed that Victimizer left a string of games using Mandy and Lily against Tsathoggua. Funny thing is, he did the exact same thing way up near the top of the list. He must be playing Scenario 3 of the first League. I just don't know why he's revisiting that scenario now .

I'm not sure if this is possible, but is there any way to fix the headers at the top of the chart? So that when you scroll down you can still see the name of each column.

Although I don't really play often enough to submit results, I do enjoy looking at the stats. Thank you for your time and effort in putting all that info in one place.

@tibs

Sorry for the confusion - these were old games which I could not previously log (notice that the loss condition was not finishing the game). We played a lot of Tsathoggua scenario 3 games that day, and three of them were do-overs because we were obviously not getting anywhere fairly early in the game.

I logged them now because I had only now seen that the option for "didn't finish game" was available. Since they are still statistically relevant, I thought I'd put them back in.

Similarly, the slightly less recent Abhoth games were leftovers from the last thing I did in the League. The only games I have played recently was the 4 Investigator one against Quachil Uttaus and the 2x2 Investigator ones against Nyogtha and Chaugnar Faugn.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

placeboeffect said:

I'm not sure if this is possible, but is there any way to fix the headers at the top of the chart? So that when you scroll down you can still see the name of each column.

Although I don't really play often enough to submit results, I do enjoy looking at the stats. Thank you for your time and effort in putting all that info in one place.

Jolly good idea. It's possible since my Lord of the Rings army list in ExCel has the top row visible all time (dunno how, ask my friend)

Hmm. I don't actually know how to fix the headers. That's a display sheet produced by google. I'll look into it. If I can't change it, I may color-code some of the columns.

Heh, just noticed something. Why is it listed as "Deep One Uprising" in the stats (it's Deep One Rising in the rules)?

It would be nice if the 4 difficulty modifications could also be listed, for those dozen or so souls out there that are using them.

Also, thanks Tibs - I was looking for your stat sheet via google and stumbled across the old forums, enabling me to extract the pms I had forgotten to save.

Hey Tibs, give us an update already gui%C3%B1o.gif

Knuckles Eki said:

Hey Tibs, give us an update already gui%C3%B1o.gif

Once a month, as has been said. Take it easy there, go play some Doom while you wait gran_risa.gif .

Tibs, you might want to add "Lily passed her Personal Story" and "Norman passed his Personal Story" to the Final Battle special modifiers section, since either of these factors can make a huge difference in the FInal Battle. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing "An Innsmouth Other World card was encountered" in the Special Events section.

Norman/Lily stories might be interesting. I find that Specific IH OW encounters happen about once every game or so, so i see little need to put them as special events.

I've entered my game results. It was fantastic, specially since I did the Science Building encounter with the machine that closes every gate on the board. I rolled a 5 on EVERY gate on the board, closing them and winning my group the game.

Knuckles Eki said:

I've entered my game results. It was fantastic, specially since I did the Science Building encounter with the machine that closes every gate on the board. I rolled a 5 on EVERY gate on the board, closing them and winning my group the game.

Did you remember to have at least X gate trophies (X = # of investigators) at that point, as you don't get trophies from those gates you close using the SB encounter gui%C3%B1o.gif ?

Yes I have remembered the 2 trophies goal. We collected them before I got the Encounter with the machine. Then I managed to close every gate.

I usually have horrible luck with single die key rolls (recent final combat vs Nyogtha notwithstanding). If there are 5 open gates, I wouldn't count on more than 1 gate being closed, even then maybe. Straight up rolls that you can't do anything about/modify/etc. suck balls, at least the way I roll sonrojado.gif .

You should try my lucky dice tower. It's been painted with an elder sign, so guaranteed to do good against the ancient one.

• Stats report for 07/01/2009:

(Deleted: obsolete)

Tibs said:

• Investigator Effectiveness
The percent of games won involving specific investigators:

2. Carolyn Fern 74.5%

Lol, what the hell is Carolyn doing up there partido_risa.gif ??? Definately not saying he's a bad char, IMO she's the best of the non-broken spellcasters, even though she doesn't start with a spell, but still. Only fault with her I come up against (apart from starting with 0 Spells) is her Speed 3.

So it looks like Rhan-Tegoth is public enemy number one right now. Granted, that will likely settle down a bit after a few more games, as he only has 12 right now. Even so, I can't say I'm surprised. With a difficult fight and a slumber ability that makes Yig look like Rip Van Winkle, he will be a thorn in many sides. The fight's somewhat prone to final combat tactics, of course, depending on the number of cultists you draw. But then, I couldn't defeat him in a game with Skids and Zoey, where I didn't draw a cultist the whole game.

Zhar is up there too, and very interesting. ***** of a fight, and the cascading gates can end games too quickly. He, at least, has been beaten in final combat, according to the records.

flamethrower49 said:

Zhar is up there too, and very interesting. ***** of a fight, and the cascading gates can end games too quickly. He, at least, has been beaten in final combat, according to the records.

I know I pulled off a miracle against him. Of course, should've never gone to final combat, stupid Stars Are Right popped the last doomer when I had 5 seals down and next turn would've seen me slap the 6th. Then again, Mythos was on my side partially as well, the penultimate Mythos was All Quiet in Arkham, which Blessed all 4 investigators. And the turn order when the combat began was beneficial as well, best 2 happened to be the last two as well. Top it off, I had discard to use weapons for the early victims, so didn't waste stuff. Despite all that, still went down to the last investigator, Roland Banks, already with Zhar token, it was do or die, he did.

Oddly enough, I think Rhan-Tegoth is easier if you go about him as he's a Nyogtha, that is have everyone at low stamina. Nyogtha eats the first player if s/he doesn't roll a success, but someone with 7 Stamina who fail 4 or more roll on the attack just adds that much more work to it.

We did beat Rhan-Tegoth once, but we got very lucky: only one cultist, and repeated successful rolls from a single blessed die against their attack. I doubt we'll manage that again any time soon.

Oops, I mistyped one of the bits when recording one of my games.

Tibs, if you can, can you add 'The Stars are Right' rumor as one of our failed ones? Our game was the one played by 'Knuckles Eki, Firefly, Lost Prophet', the one against Nyarlathotep and won by final combat.

Is it ok to post games on that spreadsheet when using custom investigators?