Arkham Horror Statistics Reports

By Tibs, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

I think you can download or make a copy of the sheet directly.

Hi, just have to start to say what an amazing thing this is! One question, I got rid of an injury in a OW encounter (can't remember which for the moment), does that count as "Got rid of an injury at the Hospital"? Of course it don't if you want to be literate but it's pretty close...

I think the idea behind that entry on the spreadsheet was to determine how often, by resolving specific Hospital encounters, investigators are able to remove Injuries. There are a few effects in the game allowing Injuries to be removed through encounters, so, I'd say your OW encounter should not represent a check on the Hospital option

Julia's right. Back when Dunwich was new, Injury/Madness cards were a really intriguing idea. It was mentioned that they could be removed, though very rarely, by a hospital or asylum encounter (by drawing the right encounter, paying $5, and rolling a success IIRC!). This entry in the stats sheet is meant to see how many times that has actually happened, compared to other "uncommon" occurrences. So any other time an Injury/Madness is removed does not count.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but we forgot to add "The Terror Level reached 10" under Special Events on our entry #4184 (username Baal, versus Glaaki). Is there any way it could be added? It doesn't occur so often when we play with all expansions, so it'd be a shame to leave it out. :)

Did the terror level actually hit 10 against Glaaki before the final combat? If so, yeah... that would be murder.

Yes, it did. And yes, it was. ;) We had some really bad luck with monsters going through vortices.

Hello! I have one sugestion, i have used custom investigators in a few games, and i did not put them in here because, well, there were custom investigators, any chance of having a "Custom" in the investigators choice?

And Tibs, you rule!

Edited by Facsantos

Hi Facsantos. I wanted to put down a "blush" emoticon but there isn't one. This weird one will have to do: :lol:

The "custom" investigator idea was floated around at the start but I opted against it. I figured it would only make sense if every possible custom investigator was listed, to see how they stack up. Otherwise, it's assumed that custom investigators are designed to be "balanced," so having a single entry for them would be meaningless.

And the truth is that some of the custom entries are definitely NOT balanced, so, actually, if they are balanced, then they are not significant, and if they are off-balance, they can skew the distribution of the results (clearly, if the option's checked often enough, otherwise it's just noise)

Thank for your feedback on this matter and sealing my doubts!

I just (a little tired because late in the evening) made quite the miscalculation on the timing of the last game I submitted. I wrote 410 minutes while it was around 210 of course.

We tried the BGotW expansion, with the Herald and the Institution from Julia and it was quite the challenge. Last week was very unsuccesful after a chain of gate openings during the first 8 mythos phases (which I submitted also wrongly I recall now, wow, sorry), this evening went better with a more balanced (and selected) team of investigators but the game took 18 rounds.

The theme of the expansion was all over the game with membership, corruptions and encounters, totally loved it, and a great Institution to add to the game.

Thanks for playing with my Institution, Simplicianus :) A suggestion: if you wanna play with the BGotW Herald, don't add doom for surges, the game will be a lot more enjoyable

Thanks for playing with my Institution, Simplicianus :) A suggestion: if you wanna play with the BGotW Herald, don't add doom for surges, the game will be a lot more enjoyable

Strange enough, the Fan Creations section of the forum is nog quite known to my friends, thanks to this Black Goat combination we tried, it has their attention now, too much intersting things to discover.

Last week we tried to control the Surge doom by using a Pagan Rites Variant found on BGG. This time we had Marie Lambeau in the team (who even stumbled upon an Elder Sign). With a doom track on 11 of 12 at the end of the game, she was quite worth it.

On small thing I supposably misread from the institution (happens a lot translating :P ) is the moving as described in Whispering in Darkness. It says "... if they are still in the investigator's space at the beginning of his Movement phase, they move one space on black." I took it as if the "they" meant both the investigator and the monster. This morning that doens't seem correct. Could have spared me a Curse last night :)

Indeed, you're right, sorry, the wording there is sloppy, it's the Cultist / Maniac who moves away (key here is "investigator's space", if both were meant to move, I'd have used "same space", but agreed, the use of "they" here is ambiguous)

wow, is Cthulhu always such a time consumer? it took 28 rounds to get to seal 6 gates, and holy smokes! getting all investigators insane the whole game, especially poor Michael with his 2-6 :P

I'm still such a noob

My fastest Cthulhu was 7 Mythos for a closing victory against him and Hydra; otherwise it's 8 Mythos for a sealing victory against him, Dagon and Hydra; longest is 21 Mythos. But yes, his ability fo reducing initial San and Sta can be annoying

the final scene was telling it all, Bob sealing a gate with an Elder sign while the other three (Gloria, Kate and Michael) were residing in Arkham Asylum after being bewildered by meeting a monster

but closing after 7 mythos? nice! You make it sound like a race game :D

next up are Mandy, Mary, Montery and Vincent, nice to have some 4/4's :P

I've been posting results for some time under the handle "omegasun5." I'm just wondering how your sheet calculates the "contributors" section. I can Ctrl-F 101 submissions I've made under the submissions tab, but I don't show up under contributors.

Hi darksun. Truth be told, "contributors" is the toughest stat to calculate because I need to draw in values from the archived sheet. I think I've fixed it now, but no idea if it'll stay fixed and continue to update.

Chris,

I think I may have the same problem of the previous user: it seems like I'm stuck at 251 logged plays (sorry to bother...)

Julia:

I have 81 results for you on the "Submissions" page, and there are 170 in my archived spreadsheet. Am I missing some?

Hmm. Possibly not? I was rather sure that my total didn't move from 251 total the last three times I added a record to the list. I'll keep an eye for the next time and see if it's updated. Thanks for checking, and sorry if it was a false positive

Hmm. Possibly not? I was rather sure that my total didn't move from 251 total the last three times I added a record to the list. I'll keep an eye for the next time and see if it's updated. Thanks for checking, and sorry if it was a false positive

Ok, just entered a new game and my totals were updated properly.

Ooc, how many submissions / day are we having? IIRC, in the past it was 3.something / day, similar to EH. Is this still true?

Arkham's getting about 5 per day, and Eldritch is getting about 6.5 per day. Those figures are on the first pages of the reports.