Arkham Horror Statistics Reports

By Tibs, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

Nothing new was announced. I really hope something new to be announced at the coming GenCon or, the latest, at Arkham Nights.

FAQ is controversial. Many good things have been done, and some decision are simply absurd. The FAQ arrived as a surprise: there was a very long silence and then BAM. And it was a surprise for Tibs and Avi as well, IIRC, so the idea is like FFG gathered the contribution of our triumvirate, left the stuff in a basement for a while, then asked a new guy to fix and release everything.

Have you heard of Kevin leaving FFG, Dj? This could be the reason for the longest silence on Arkham

aha...no I had not yet heard that Kevin had left. Yes that explains a lot...he was the one with all the personal plans.

I had noted as well that the AH miniatures were doubling up in MoM and had wondered if we would have even had them if MoM had completely disappeared down its own fiasco (glad it didn't though).

I think its too late to write AH off yet...never underestimate the comeback power of the AOs!

Yes I think I know which FAQ decisions you refer to as absurdities. They leap out of the page a bit. It sounds like you have the story pretty straight to me. Shame after all that time we invested. BUT, I a happy we got something out of it. What we got as you said had some great things in it.

And forum changes - oy! not sure we lucked out there either...*grumbles*

Edited by dj2.0

:laughter: yeah, agreed, the "odd" ones leap definitely out of the page. The good point is that some stuff was definitely fixed. And the oddities can be quite easily houseruled in a different way.

Yeah, Kevin left, immediately after last year's GenCon. He announced a freelance career (best wishes to him), with the idea of leaving a door open to "possible future collaborations with FFG". You can read about what he's doing now on his personal blog at BGG ( here ). Some of the stuff he's actually working on sounds amazing (especially the games with Eric Lang), but so far there is nothing really new (i.e. published) under the sun, apart from the last things he worked on for FFG (Elder Sign: Unseen Forces - which is awesome - another expansion I don't remember and , I assume - not sure, just speculating - the upcoming expansion for Civilization)

As for the new forum... in the last months, the old server had become so slow that actually you weren't able to reach any of the forums at daytime... this one here is not probably the best, but at least you can navigate with ease

Edited by Julia

Kevin's departure proved a bit of a blow...I haven't heard Richard's take on it either as they had apparently worked very well together.

The FAQ isn't as bad as I thought it could be. It organized everything quite well (I'm a form AND function kinda guy) Though, as Julia mentioned, some of the answers were completely absurd.

As to the Forum, we're taking the good (editing abaility/naigation) with the bad (who posted last and when) for now. At least it's faster... :D

Did Kevin ever get his other Cthulhu game off the ground, the one where the cultists of different players are trying to awaken their GOO?

I havent played ES, but atm I am loving Elder Sign:Omens, the Dark Pharoah expansion, which I play on my tablet. Do you guys know it?

Dj, to avoid further derailing of this thread and Tibs nuking both of us, I answered your last post here

cool :)

I just want to say that this whole statistic thing is awesome. I love statistical analysis, and when someone tracks stats it makes me feel like I am actually accomplishing something when I know that my actions will be recorded. Thanks for doing this.

Wow, sorry I was sparse! I was in Arecibo for a week and internet availability was shaky.

Is there an easy way to know when a thread has an unread response?

DJ, I'm sorry for your loss.

Yes, the leftmost space near the thread's title is shaded dark

Tibs, I made a mistake in my latest submission. Two Glaaki games are registered, only the victory should be there (I thought the 5th servant automatically awakes the AO, but was corrected by Julia.). Could you remove the defeat entry please?

Dark means unread now? Urgh...

Oh, as opposed to "no rectangle." What.

Aye. The star indicates you posted in that thread, the darker shading (like the right and left columns near the screen borders, if you see them) implies there is something new; if you move the mouse on the right, near the number of replies of every thread, a small arrow, pointing down on a darker background, will appear: if you click on it, you'll see the first and the latest reply in the thread. If there is something you haven't read yet, you will be given the chance to click "view latest unread post" or something similar; and so on. Not exactly immediate, but I must confess that after a while, is not that bad to use

Julia, is there a way to make a thread stick to the top?

I'd love to know. Suggestion: report the main post to the mods, and specify you're reporting this because the community needs to have it fixed. Let's see if this works...

" This form is to be used ONLY for reporting objectionable content and is not to be used as a method of communicating with moderators for other reasons."

That is what it says when you click "Report." Perhaps we could just message the mods directly with a link to the topic.

Ok, I sent to Anton a message, with the hope of having pinned

- for Arkham Horror:
a) Official Answers by Kevin Wilson
b) Arkham Horror Statistics Report
c) Arkham Horror Player Locator

- for the Fan Creations subforum for Arkham Horror:
a) Custom Heralds
b) Custom Ancient Ones
c) Custom Guardians
d) Custom Institutions
e) Custom Investigators
(it'd be good to have also the Advanced Player League threads pinned)

- for Elder Sign
a) Elder Sign Statistics Reports

Let's hope in some help from above :)

Edited by Julia

Ok, I sent to Anton a message, with the hope of having pinned

- for Arkham Horror:

a) Official Answers by Kevin Wilson

b) Arkham Horror Statistics Report

c) Arkham Horror Player Locator

- for the Fan Creations subforum for Arkham Horror:

a) Custom Heralds

b) Custom Ancient Ones

c) Custom Guardians

d) Custom Institutions

e) Custom Investigators

(it'd be good to have also the Advanced Player League threads pinned)

- for Elder Sign

a) Elder Sign Statistics Reports

Let's hope in some help from above :)

Thanks Julia. At least t+hose three threads for AH should really be pinned.

Anton gently replied, and now the threads are pinned. Much, much, much better, and thanks to Anton for the help given :)

I actually met Anton at the AH Event in 2011...good guy! and thanks!

Whoa—thanks Anton! Thanks Julia!

Now it's just like the old days.

Edited by Tibs

Tibs, sorry, I'm afraid I didn't check the "at least one rift opened" box while loggin one of my latest games (Dagon & Hydra + Yibb-Tstll). Could you fix this for me please?

Just noticed that in game submission #819 Chronicles defeated by Shub-Niggurath I forgot to mark that the Dunwich Horror awoke.

Hi guys. Something went completely screwy with the stats page this morning and I had to spend a couple hours cleaning it up.

If you see any questionable stats, please let me know.

Hi,

Being fairly new to Arkham horror, we are finding the stats invaluable, and I've started to add our games. However, in #1208, I forgot to add the special event of " An investigator "switched bodies" at the Science Building".

Thanks.