Arkham Horror Statistics Reports

By Tibs, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

Thanks again then!

Thanks for compiling this! I'm sure there will be lots of updating to do though once Innsmouth comes out.

Thanks for doing this :)

Hi a quick suggestion, after last nights game against Ithaqua, which was 'won' by the skin of our teeth, I think it would be a good idea to include a box for Joey the Rat coming into play during final battle, they are significantly harder when he does.

Did you one better. I also added a checkbox for completion of "Sealing the Beast's Power" mission.

cool, thanks! and with preternatural alacrity... :)

page 4 too deep for this gem

dj2.0 said:

page 4 too deep for this gem

It'll bump every time I do a report. During the two weeks between, I wholly expect people to forget about it. (After all, the more time passes between reports, the more outdated the information).

• Stats report for 04/01/09:

(Deleted:obsolete)

• Expansion difficulty
The percent of games lost involving specific expansions:

1. KH 45.5%
  2. KiY 41.9%
  3. CotDP and DH 40.9%
  4. BGotW 37.4%
  5. none 26.0%

Kingsport tops the charts. This is most likely due to the Epic Combat cards, and particularly brutal Ancient Ones.

Question: With all the expansions, what are the chances of drawing a mythos card that opens a gate at Dunwich?

Tibs said:

Zeb's stats
So Zeb and I finally managed to coordinate our stats in time for the report, so I can include them this time:

% of games won involving a specific investigator
The percent of games won when a certain investigator was used at some point:

1. Mandy Thompson 74.41
  2. Jacqueline Fine 74.31
  3. Darrell Simmons 72.55
  4. Wendy Adams 71.43
  5. Bob Jenkins 71.33
  6. Carolyn Fern 71.18
  7. Kate Winthrop 70.39
  8. Ashcan Pete 70.11
  9. Mark Harrigan 68.25
  10. Amanda Sharpe 66.92
  11. Joe Diamond 66.49
  12. Wilson Richards 66.41
  13. Rita Young 65.62
  14. Tony Morgan 65.33
  15. Jenny Barnes 65.27
  16. Leo Anderson 64.86
  17. Lola Hayes 64.71
  18. Dexter Drake 64.67
  19. Diana Stanley 64.29
  20. Lily Chen 63.73
  21. Michael McGlen 62.89
  22. Gloria Goldberg 62.14
  23. Harvey Walters 62.09
  24. Monterey Jack 61.54
  25. Luke Robinson 61.45
  26. Jim Culver 60.19
  27. Marie Lambeau 58.87
  28. Daisy Walker 56.36
  29. Rex Murphy 55.56
  30. Vincent Lee 55.00
  31. Sister Mary 51.16
  32. Charlie Kane 47.95

Thanks again. Love the above stat. Daisy's low helpfulness is astounding to me. I think that its because when a novice draws here they don't have a good idea of what to do. I saw that several times in my last convention.

Apparently they've figured out what to do with Wendy. Again at the conventions I see her underutilized a lot.

Amanda is still holding her own as a helpful investigator despite predictions. Anyone have a theory? Maybe average just doesn't bring down the chances of victory like the lower 4 do.

Jacqueline was my first. Surprised to see her so high. It was a big game and we all had 6+ sanity. The gamemaster called us the "Brainy Bunch". Jackie turned out to be the street sweeper because of her carbine--that's a roll I seldom play. We lost.

Rex is still a bit higher than I think he should be. gui%C3%B1o.gif I'm sure others will say its because we don't know how to use him.

kroen said:

Question: With all the expansions, what are the chances of drawing a mythos card that opens a gate at Dunwich?

I had to check all the Dunwich cards from the Arkham Wiki page (many Dunwich cards are not labeled as Dunwich on the list) in order to find out.

By my count, there are 24 cards that open a gate in Dunwich.

The probability of a mythos card showing a gate in a Dunwich location is:

• If Dunwich is your only expansion: 23.5%
  • If you're using all available expansions: 12.5%
  • If you're using all expansions, including Innsmouth: 10.5%

The gate frequency drops to about half with all current expansions, then to about 45% of its full potency with all six expansions.

As a side note, has anyone else noticed that the picture of Whateley Farm is different on the Mythos cards than on the board?

kroen said:

Hurm.

First time I've noticed this thread. First time I heard 'bout the statistic site, too. Got a lot of excel charts here. Gonna have some real long nights soon.

Tibs said:

kroen said:

I had to check all the Dunwich cards from the Arkham Wiki page (many Dunwich cards are not labeled as Dunwich on the list) in order to find out.

By my count, there are 24 cards that open a gate in Dunwich.

The probability of a mythos card showing a gate in a Dunwich location is:

• If Dunwich is your only expansion: 23.5%
  • If you're using all available expansions: 12.5%
  • If you're using all expansions, including Innsmouth: 10.5%

The gate frequency drops to about half with all current expansions, then to about 45% of its full potency with all six expansions.

As a side note, has anyone else noticed that the picture of Whateley Farm is different on the Mythos cards than on the board?

Many thanks.

So I love seeing these statistics, and I'd like to start submitting my games, but my group often plays with the Penny Arcade bonus investigators and bonus guardian that FF has put on the support page. Could you add them to the submission page, maybe?

mageith said:

Tibs said:

Zeb's stats
So Zeb and I finally managed to coordinate our stats in time for the report, so I can include them this time:

% of games won involving a specific investigator
The percent of games won when a certain investigator was used at some point:

1. Mandy Thompson 74.41
  2. Jacqueline Fine 74.31
  3. Darrell Simmons 72.55
  4. Wendy Adams 71.43
  5. Bob Jenkins 71.33
  6. Carolyn Fern 71.18
  7. Kate Winthrop 70.39
  8. Ashcan Pete 70.11
  9. Mark Harrigan 68.25
  10. Amanda Sharpe 66.92
  11. Joe Diamond 66.49
  12. Wilson Richards 66.41
  13. Rita Young 65.62
  14. Tony Morgan 65.33
  15. Jenny Barnes 65.27
  16. Leo Anderson 64.86
  17. Lola Hayes 64.71
  18. Dexter Drake 64.67
  19. Diana Stanley 64.29
  20. Lily Chen 63.73
  21. Michael McGlen 62.89
  22. Gloria Goldberg 62.14
  23. Harvey Walters 62.09
  24. Monterey Jack 61.54
  25. Luke Robinson 61.45
  26. Jim Culver 60.19
  27. Marie Lambeau 58.87
  28. Daisy Walker 56.36
  29. Rex Murphy 55.56
  30. Vincent Lee 55.00
  31. Sister Mary 51.16
  32. Charlie Kane 47.95

Thanks again. Love the above stat. Daisy's low helpfulness is astounding to me. I think that its because when a novice draws here they don't have a good idea of what to do. I saw that several times in my last convention.

Apparently they've figured out what to do with Wendy. Again at the conventions I see her underutilized a lot.

Amanda is still holding her own as a helpful investigator despite predictions. Anyone have a theory? Maybe average just doesn't bring down the chances of victory like the lower 4 do.

Jacqueline was my first. Surprised to see her so high. It was a big game and we all had 6+ sanity. The gamemaster called us the "Brainy Bunch". Jackie turned out to be the street sweeper because of her carbine--that's a roll I seldom play. We lost.

Rex is still a bit higher than I think he should be. gui%C3%B1o.gif I'm sure others will say its because we don't know how to use him.

I mean granted, any game where you start with an Elder Sign helps make the game easier. It could just be that starting with one of the most powerful items in the game is helpful.

Another issue regarding the "usefulness" of Kingsport investigators since Rex, Daisy, Charlie, and Luke are near the bottom is that overall the Kingsport Ancient Ones are harder to defeat than some of the ones in Dunwich or the Base Game. If you don't have Kingsport, you're not going to play against them, and you're not going to get the Kingsport investigators...

I believe there are 6 Next Act cards (King in Yellow expansion).

The odds of drawing a Next Act card are:

• With only the KiY expansion: 6.45%
  • With all current expansions: 3.13%
  • With all six expansions, including Innsmouth: 2.63%

With all six expansions, the frequency of a Next Act card drops to about 41% of its highest frequency.

Since the Dunwich gates drop to about 45% and the Next Act cards drop to 41%, it shouldn't be difficult to work out a simple new rule or mechanic that amplifies the frequency of both by a similar amount.

Caduceus said:

bonus guardian that FF has put on the support page. Could you add them to the submission page, maybe?

What's this bonus guardian? I couldn't find him following Catalog -> Board Games -> Arkham Horror -> Support.

I may have already asked this, but is it possible to see some kind of statistic related to how well each investigator does? Something that showed a ratio of games won-to-lost for each investigator? I saw the statistics related to the percentage of games won using a specific investigator, but I would like to see the games won-to-lost for each investigator.

Acebob said:

I may have already asked this, but is it possible to see some kind of statistic related to how well each investigator does? Something that showed a ratio of games won-to-lost for each investigator? I saw the statistics related to the percentage of games won using a specific investigator, but I would like to see the games won-to-lost for each investigator.

I believe that that is what that table shows, but I might have worded it poorly. I would rather show how often each investigator wins or loses games, and not how often won or lost games include a particular investigator. I'll be more clear on the next report.

• Stats report for 05/01/09:

(Deleted: obsolete)