Arkham Horror Statistics Reports

By Tibs, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

Alright, here's da hint : it's one of MY games. Now let us stop sp... posting into Tibs's stats thread !

Oooh, the stats page has gotten some snazzy new colors, but looks like the investigators devoured/retired columns got dropped.

Dam said:

Oooh, the stats page has gotten some snazzy new colors, but looks like the investigators devoured/retired columns got dropped.

Wow. You check that frequently, huh?

Guys, I can't get the headers to scroll down. However, I color-coded some of the columns so that the info is a little easier to read (passed rumors are green, failed are red, for example). I also hid the "devoured and retired" columns, as I don't yet plan to add a statistic about that yet, but I still may. The stat is still there and you can still submit it, but I guess you won't be able to see it. Take care with what you enter I guess.

The doom track column is blue-ish, and score is yellow.

I don't want to color too many columns in the interest of readability, but I should ask: are there any other columns I should hide? Should I definitely un-hide the devoured/retired columns?

Personally, I'd say yes. The people that take the time to look at more of the stats than just which AO and Investigators were present won't be bothered by it, and the rest will probably check out as many things as they can.

What I mean is, it's useful and fun to look at, so it really should be in there.

Tibs said:

Wow. You check that frequently, huh?

Well, first time this week (though it's only Monday) gui%C3%B1o.gif . Actually, just popped over there because you spoiled the upcoming investigator efficiency percentages over on BGG, was curious. I don't check it every day, unless I log a session every day, but easily 4+ times a week.

There we are. The devoured column is gray, and the retired column is tan.

What about my question about expansions-components, Tibs ? isn't that do-able because of the google-board size ?

Hem said:

What about my question about expansions-components, Tibs ? isn't that do-able because of the google-board size ?

Sorry. Um, it would take up a lot of space, but I'll leave it up to the submitter to decide what components count as enough of an expansion to check the box.

Expansion investigators, AOs, heralds, and universal cards like Injury/Madness, Epic Battle, Personal Story don't count to me. They can be used in any game and aren't attached to a theme.

Using the Three Acts mechanic pretty much automatically makes you use the King in Yellow expansion. Using an expansion board pretty much makes you use that expansion. Other than that, it's up to your judgment.

Alright Tibs, I agree with all you said. Of KiY, we did put all cards, but not his darn tokens & harsh anti-allies cards that go with, so we use Acts and cards... that's "all".

But for instance, what about the rifts ? My woman was checkin your board some days ago, and saw in one of our games "At least one rift opened" and she yelled "what ?! that's a joke ! ALL the THREE **** rifts opened in Arkham !". She had a point, although my question was : does that count at using Kingsport ? We sure use all the cards provided, but not the board and its locations, so... It's hard !

Well done for the colors, anyway ; I second that.

Hem said:

But for instance, what about the rifts ? My woman was checkin your board some days ago, and saw in one of our games "At least one rift opened" and she yelled "what ?! that's a joke ! ALL the THREE **** rifts opened in Arkham !". She had a point, although my question was : does that count at using Kingsport ? We sure use all the cards provided, but not the board and its locations, so... It's hard !

So are you using houserules to investigate Rifts then?

I know I wouldn't mind ticking the number of gate bursts. Granted, mostly it's 1 per game if that, but sometimes the Mythos hammers you with 2 or even 3 demonio.gif . "A gate burst removed a seal" doesn't spell out the full impact of multiple bursts. But that's me nitpicking.

Dam said:

We just don't. We don't investigate : they appear on the board thanks to very seldom mythos cards, KH ones, and that's it. If it does, well, we're pretty much screwed :) Run for your life !!!

Hem said:

Dam said:

We just don't. We don't investigate : they appear on the board thanks to very seldom mythos cards, KH ones, and that's it. If it does, well, we're pretty much screwed :) Run for your life !!!

But if you're not using the KH board, then the Rifts don't progress either, right? So they just open from Mythos cards?

Yep. Mythos card only can open them, and THEN you're ****** :D

Tibs, when will be new report published?

Sigismond said:

Most likely tomorrow, since tomorrow is first of a month.

Knuckles Eki said:

Sigismond said:

Most likely tomorrow, since tomorrow is first of a month.

Heh, your time stamp reads "30 July", funny, my calendar has 31 days in July gui%C3%B1o.gif .

Hem said:

Such fame, it's amazing.

Meh, I'll take infamy > fame any day partido_risa.gif !

Tibs is the Dark Pharaoh, and he doesn't take it well if someone takes his unique threads. Blood will boil.

I'm flattered guys.

Knuckles Eki said:

Tibs is the Dark Pharaoh, and he doesn't take it well if someone takes his unique threads. Blood will boil.

I love the references, but it's actually ironically quite the opposite: let's not forget that this was MCFLainez 's project; I just took it over and started a new thread when he stopped existing. No more stat updates, no changes to the forum, no responses to like 5 messages from me. I just copied his results and started a new thread. ever notice that past a certain point on the results thread, the results are gray instead of white? That's where you all started adding to my thread. All the white results are those pasted in from Flainez's sheet.

Or maybe... I am one of Flainez's Masks? Dam and I are already Zhar together; anything's possible demonio.gif

Speaking of us being Zhar, since I think this idea first came up in a post by Avi, when are dark times coming again? I think he said something about August.

I see someone already brought it up. :) Tibs, I'm glad you don't mind. It's a great idea and it really brings the community together.

Maybe I should start using Randomized Investigators and Ancient Ones. Any tips to help me?

Knuckles Eki said:

Maybe I should start using Randomized Investigators and Ancient Ones. Any tips to help me?

Shuffle the investigators and deal one to each player.

Shuffle the Ancient Ones and pick one.

I meant to win. Normally when we choose what characters we use, we know how to win with them. But randomly, I don't know how to use the investigators.