PLAYER FINDER

By tkis, in Deathwatch

Role: Player (Only beginning with this system so I don't trust my grasp of the rules enough to GM yet)

L ooking for: Group and GM

Type of game: Online live

Session Specifics: Voice (Skype)

Region: GMT (Europe), tending to stay up late so American noon/afternoon would be possible as well.

Session time: open to suggestions.

Game Style: about 75% story/research/etc, 15-25% combat

Game Specifics: Dark and twisted I'd be interested in, wars or whole campains, experimentation/research and the like

Comments: Got a Librarian ready to go (created for a campain that never started since GM left without a word) and am interested in wholesome roleplay, fun times and exciting exploration of the dark recesses of the 41st Millienium. Have been playing tabletop 40k/fantasy for a long time, know alot of WH40k lore and read a lot into the universe. Have lots of RPG experience but had no opportunity to play the past years and aforementioned group crumbled from GM's desinterest.

ROLE : Player

LOOKING FOR : Group and GM

TYPE OF GAME : Online or Face-to-face

SESSION SPECIFICS : If Online, then Live or Play-by-post - I'm not picky.

REGION : US West Coast, but my schedule can be flexible and chaotic at times.

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE : Evenings PST/MST on weekdays, flexible on weekends.

GAME STYLE : I'm more interested in a story driven narrative, however that does not mean I will shirk from a very combat-intensive game. This is Deathwatch, after all. I just want the combat to mean something in the overarching scheme of things, not just be combat for the sake of combat.

COMMENTS : I have an Ultramarines Techmarine ready to roll, created using the Core ruleset. I would not be against making a different character, as I am also interested in Librarians, Tactical Marines, and Apothecaries.

I have access to all the Deathwatch, Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, and Black Crusade source material, as well as a veritable library of Warhammer 40,000 material to draw from. (we're talking a six-foot bookshelf full).

In reality, I am a U.S. Marine so my schedule may end up meaning I will be away from the computer or Internet for a month or so at a time, maybe four months out of the year. I will have plenty of advance notice, however, so I can schedule around it or hop in and out of an existing game with my presence/absence explained away in-setting.

I am not a very experienced RPG player, but what I lack in experience I make up for in enthusiasm, learning the rules, and developing a deep and rich background story within the confines of the established canon. I played D&D 3.5 a while back in a friend's game, and I have GM'd (Online Live) one Dark Heresy game (four or five sessions) for a few close friends, and they seemed to enjoy it a great deal, but I would much prefer to be a player as I've never done that before in this setting.

Role: Player

Looking For: Group and GM

Type of Game: Online

Session Specifics: Live or Play-by-Post, or whatever else works - I'm not picky.

Region: US, Central Time Zone.

Session Time: Evenings after 6 CST or weekends

Game Style: I'm not all that picky, I can do story-driven or combat-driven, both, or something else entirely. I'm mostly just looking to find a game to play in.

Comments: I don't have any characters ready at the moment, but the Devastator Marine role has caught my eye. Not sure what it is about havy weapons and big explosions, but it's just an initial preference and I wouldn't be opposed to playing something else.

I currently own the main books (and a couple others) for Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, and Deathwatch; haven't been able to pick up Black Crusade, but I'm not too interested in playing Chaos, anyway. I used to play Warhammer 40K (I was an Eldar player, don't hold it against me), which is what got me interested in the setting. I like the universe, and have a keen interest in the material.

I've been playing RPGs of one type or another for about 20 years now, though I have not yet been able to play the 40K RPGs yet. I have a lot of experience, but much of it has been as a GM, and I'd like to get some time on the other side of the screen. My time is flexible, I'm easy to reach, and I learn fast.

Role : Player or Starting DM

Looking For : Group and GM

Type of Game : Online or real life ( if multiple players live nearby )

Session Specifics : SKype, Chat, MSN, Post or Forum wise...though i think something with direct options and a groupwide roll generator mechanic would be prefered.

Region : EUROPE, Netherlands ( GMT+1 ).

Session Time : Mostly My Eefnings or The Weekends

Game Style : The one the GM decides on. Its my first time Deathwatch.

Comments : his being my first time deatwatch, I am working on a Neat Player sheet in Word, so you can easely adjust things, as the PDF restricts me to much in room, and the excelsheet genereator still had some bugs in it. Im still trying to get my head round the char creation process, but i think i got it now. ( made 4 chars so far ) Got the Core rulebook finished it entirely in a week, and im starting a slightly adjusted game as in setting ( no space, just on earth. No aliens or Chaos just mutants, and zombies for Tyranids) with my girlfriend and her girlfriend.

Still id love to play with a more experianced GM to get some good feel of how a story could be for the players. So if youd have me and like to explain some stuff then id feel welcome.

( I got a nice Word character sheet, i just need to find a hosting space ifyou got one let me know )

Looking For: Group and GM

Type of Game: Online PBP

Session Specifics: PBP!

Region: EUROPE, Eastern Europe time

Session Time: Does it matter with PBP?

Game Style: That's what the GM is for!

Comments: I've GM'd Dark Heresy and Deathwatch, but have never actually played a character, which is what I want to do! I have a Space Wolf Rune Priest shaman all ready to go who I am really dying to play. I plan on specializing in lore skills and divination (and weather control!) if he ever gets going.

Role: GM

Looking For: victims, or players, as some call em...

Type of Game: Online via Skype video

Session specifics: Will use Skype group video (bandwidth allowing)

Region: Houston, TX USA (-5 GMT)

Session Time: Thursdays 8pm - 12am Central Time (2 weeks on, 1 week off)

Game Style: 50/50 RP and combat. While I expect the game to follow Deathwatch's more combat approach, I'd still like to see a fair amount of roleplay and character development

Comments: So, my usual weekend Dark Heresy group decided we'd try a little Deathwatch, and ultimately decided to go back to DH after a few sessions. However, I'd still like to run a DW game, so I'm considering running something online for Thursday evenings. Due to time constraints and unfamiliarity with Deathwatch as a whole, I'll probably start off with the prepublished stuff, and perhaps venture from there. Also I record audio of all my campaigns and publish to my YouTube site ( http://www.youtube.com/user/ghaladen ), so if you're squeamish about having your voice recorded and put online, keep that in mind.

Role:Playaaaaaah, (Don't hate me, hate the system .)

Looking for: GM

Session specifics: Probably looking for online game.

Time Zone: GMT. You shower of time traveling weirdos.

Game Style: I suppose 50/50 RP/combat, it's not like we bought deathwatch because we wanted to play as venitian traders but hey, some roleplaying would also be good.

Comments: Who doesn't love deathwatch? We don't know, since they don't frequent these boards terribly often. I have a serious problem with deathwatch since I haven't the faintest clue about a game would actually run . So this is me saying I want to join a game, come and get me, so I can join your game. The end.

ROLE: (Player)

LOOKING FOR: (Group)

TYPE OF GAME: (Face to Face)

SESSION SPECIFICS: (Fun)

REGION: (Houston TX, Cypress area)

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: ( Afternoons, Evenings, Weekends)

GAME STYLE: (Any)

GAME SPECIFICS: ( Open To Anything )

COMMENTS: Played Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy, Deathwatch. Haven't played in about 18 months. Looking for any kind of game, any level.. just gotta get my RPG fix..

barryskipp(at)gmail(dot)com

ROLE: Player (I'm new to the game so I don't want to GM)

LOOKING FOR: Group

TYPE OF GAME: Online, I'd like to do skype but I can do play by post.

SESSION SPECIFICS: Voice based please :D

REGION: Eastern US

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Evenings after 6 EST

GAME STYLE: A balance of combat and narrative

GAME SPECIFICS: I like to play pskyers but that's pretty much it

COMMENTS:

Player looking for an online vent/skype game.

ROLE: any

LOOKING FOR: group

TYPE OF GAME: Online

SESSION SPECIFICS: Forum Based

REGION:

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: almost any

GAME STYLE: Any

GAME SPECIFICS:

COMMENTS:

Seeking 1-3 face-to-face players for my group of 3, 1 gm 2 players. I'm always squad lead and it gets rather dull making the decisions and our other non-GM player acts kinda retarded.

California, Santa Rosa. PM me or e-mail: [email protected]
We're currently in an orc campaign, all of us level 2 (GM plays a Salamander Librarian, I'm a Iron Hand Techmarine, last person is Ravenguard Devastator[<lol wtf?])

If you have some in-depth knowledge of the game or have all of the rules flushed out, that is all the better.

Stannis Ravensight said:

Seeking 1-3 face-to-face players for my group of 3, 1 gm 2 players. I'm always squad lead and it gets rather dull making the decisions and our other non-GM player acts kinda retarded.

California, Santa Rosa. PM me or e-mail: [email protected]
We're currently in an orc campaign, all of us level 2 (GM plays a Salamander Librarian, I'm a Iron Hand Techmarine, last person is Ravenguard Devastator[<lol wtf?])

If you have some in-depth knowledge of the game or have all of the rules flushed out, that is all the better.

But stannis your the true kind of westeros! who else would be leader?

lol

No but if someone wants to GM for us that would be great! I wold love to play a player!! {not saying being a Gm isn't fun but when your viewed as the enemy all the time it gets rather annoying}

Stannis forgot to say must be down with mary-jane cause we smoke alot of it....

hey its california what you expect!

I meant king* lol

Role: GM (though I don't mind playing if someone wants to run a game)

Looking for: 1-3 more players for the game I'm currently running or someone who lives around here and wants to GM a game

Type of Game: Face-to-face, I've been annoyed by online stuff far too many times

Sessions Specifics: uh....whatever

Region: Mid to North Alabama, United States

Session time and Timezone: Well if I'm running the game, its usually on Tuesdays and we play whenever, but it could be any weekday before Thursday, if someone wants to run a game around here I can show up pretty much any time that isnt Sunday.

Gamestyle: I prefer balanced, good fights and a fair amount of RP but I'm willing to sway in either direction a fair amount, so long as there isn't any favoritism or house rules that unbalance the game

Game Specifics: Currently I'm running from a series of published adventures but seeding in plot that will come in later once we get into the stuff I've written

Comments: I have 2 players in my game and I'm forced to play a character just to get the chance to run the game.... I hate having to GM and play at the same time..... some come on someone help me out here. Also my players can be a bit annoying, just to give you fair warning, they're good people just not greatly socially apt.

ROLE: Player

SESSION SPECIFICS: skype voice chat prefered but text chat is fine

REGION: Central America (Texas)

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: -8 Gmt

GAME STYLE: Not important

GAME SPECIFICS: Not important

COMMENTS: im an experienced player/Gm in RT and BC but have never played DW it sounds like fun

Pardon i meant to say GMT -6

Looking For: GM, Group

Type of Game: Post to Post

Session Specific: Forum based

Region: US

Session Time and Time Zone: Centreal

Game Style: Combat Heavy with some role playing and investigation.

Game Specfic: Space Marine

Comments: I looking for a post by post since my job has rotating hours. I have most of the deathwatch

line of books and been both a GM and player of role-playing games for over 20 years.

LOOKING FOR: GM/GROUP

TYPE OF GAME: Face to Face or Online

SESSION SPECIFICS: Face to Face or VoIP/Mapclient

REGION: Virginia Beach, VA

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Wednesdays and Thursdays all day available. Early day for other days.

GAME STYLE: 50/50?

GAME SPECIFICS: NO female Space Marines. >:|

COMMENTS: I'm a fun guy?

ROLE: Player, pref. Can be GM if you just want to break things with you head.

LOOKING FOR: GM/Group

TYPE OF GAME: Face to face or Online.

SESSION SPECIFICS: No beggining GMs that look at you and say 'Your dead' for no reason

REGION: US IL, Chicago

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Anytime.

GAME STYLE: Stick to the 40k fluff because I will gun down any female marines or furries on sight.

GAME SPECIFICS: None really just make sure its fun and kinda crude. Oh and being able to break things would rock too.

COMMENTS: I play a Raven Guard assault marine and well I believe the correct term for me is 'Gets s**t done'

LOOKING FOR: GM & Group

TYPE OF GAME: Online via chat on skype or other

SESSION SPECIFICS: Voice Based

REGION: UK

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: GMT: To be agreed on

GAME STYLE: Up to chosen GM

GAME SPECIFICS: No specifics

COMMENTS: Really just looking for a group just to have a laugh and do a bit of roleplay

ROLE: Player/GM

LOOKING FOR: Players/GM

SESSION SPECIFICS: Voice Based, Skype

REGION: US West-East Coast (Extremely Flexible

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Not Established Yet

GAME STYLE: Combat Heavy

GAME SPECIFICS: N/A

COMMENTS: Two of my friends and I just recently stumbled upon Deathwatch and we all really would like to set up a campaign, but need a little help as we are very novice in the realm of RPG's. We are kind of looking for a more senior player to GM or guide us through our first game.

TYPE OF GAME: Online Convention via skype

SESSION SPECIFICS: Voice Based

REGION: UK

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: To be agreed

GAME STYLE: To be chosen by the GM

COMMENTS: I know I have posted before, but I didn't get much responce the first time, really would like to do a bit of roleplay soon

ROLE: GM /// Game Group

LOOKING FOR: Players

TYPE OF GAME: Online or Face to Face

REGION: Philadelphia Bristol PA 19007

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: EST

[email protected]

~brian